Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Quaint Quail Quilt
Jun 19, 2006

Ask me about that time I told people mixing bleach and vinegar is okay
Concerning pixel dungeon I'm pretty sure if you take your armor all off you require less food and then equip it when enemies are two spaces from you.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

slouch
Mar 10, 2009

Good news everyone who plays Kill Me Again, thanks to all of your help I've been able to create a guild just for us. Search for and apply to "goons" and I will accept your application. The emblem is a radioactive symbol because there are no actual good choices. If you've already posted your username in this thread I will recognize it and add you, if not feel free to post in this thread and reply. Right now there are like 30 spots so I highly doubt having room will be an issue.

edit: Within like half a minute of creating the guild I have ten pubbie applications to join so yeah, I need you all to post your names to make sure there are spots available.

edit again: There are an insane number of people applying to get into the guild. I'm guessing it's on the top of the recommended list since it's new and it has open slots. It's really important that you post in this thread with your username before applying so I can cross check it before I go through and delete batches of 20 applications.

slouch fucked around with this message at 05:09 on Oct 3, 2015

King of the Cosmos
Jun 6, 2004

Maybe We'll invent a Cosmic Esperanto.
I would like to get into the goons guild in Kill Me Again. My name is "Buflo".

EDIT: I'm in! Getting those sweet pills from everyone.

King of the Cosmos fucked around with this message at 16:22 on Oct 3, 2015

Tagichatn
Jun 7, 2009

I'd like to join as well, in game name is also Tagichatn.

e: haha I can't even apply because there are too many applicants already.

Roid666
Jul 18, 2010

Tagichatn posted:

I'd like to join as well, in game name is also Tagichatn.

e: haha I can't even apply because there are too many applicants already.

Yup 😢 Looks like you are going to have to clear the list and post here, then hopefully we can ninja in before the unwashed masses apply!

slouch
Mar 10, 2009

Yeah, it looks like the maximum number of applicants at once is either 40 or 50, I can't tell for sure. It will only show me 20 at a time max. I wish there was a way to invite people but there isn't. On the plus side some pubs are apparently dedicated enough to get in that they gift me gold bars after applying.

For anybody wondering, the Invasion game mode seems to be KmA's attempt at doing turn based fights. There is just one big monster that walks towards you constantly, and after you make five "moves" the enemy gets a free chance to attack. It says that it is currently in beta when you select it and it really shows. There are some weird graphical glitches and some clear optimization to make. It also basically requires you to have 3 mercenaries to play, which stinks because you need gold to buy more character slots.

Roid666
Jul 18, 2010

slouch posted:

Yeah, it looks like the maximum number of applicants at once is either 40 or 50, I can't tell for sure. It will only show me 20 at a time max. I wish there was a way to invite people but there isn't. On the plus side some pubs are apparently dedicated enough to get in that they gift me gold bars after applying.

For anybody wondering, the Invasion game mode seems to be KmA's attempt at doing turn based fights. There is just one big monster that walks towards you constantly, and after you make five "moves" the enemy gets a free chance to attack. It says that it is currently in beta when you select it and it really shows. There are some weird graphical glitches and some clear optimization to make. It also basically requires you to have 3 mercenaries to play, which stinks because you need gold to buy more character slots.

Well I'll keep trying throughout the day and see if I can slip in at some point.

Chinook
Apr 11, 2006

SHODAI

galahan posted:

Concerning pixel dungeon I'm pretty sure if you take your armor all off you require less food and then equip it when enemies are two spaces from you.

That sounds fun.

tater_salad
Sep 15, 2007

For kma invasion mode
Green heals
1 move = 1 group of matches if you can move 10 pieces to make a big rear end chain then do it.

Lowness 72
Jul 19, 2006
BUTTS LOL

Jade Ear Joe
Pixel Dungeon was written up with some great tips a couple months ago in this thread. I found it very helpful and much of it still applies after the updates.

Also try Shattered Pixel Dungeon. I play it pretty much exclusively over vanilla now.

As for the armor tip, you can't wear armor heavier than your strength without being penalized. It takes longer to move, which therefore increases the amount of food / hunger you will consume as you move. You can still put the heavy armor on when fighting, just avoid moving with it on.

Food: don't eat food as soon as you are hungry or starving. Often you can get by just eating dew drops you find on the first levels. Really helps extend your food supply. I often don't have to eat for the first couple floors until I get hurt bad in a fight (crabs!).

Hope that helps a bit. Lastly, don't be afraid to use scrolls and potions as you find them. You'll figure out how to ration them as you get more experience with the game.

When you fight the goo, choose a spot where you are in water but the goo is not. You need the water to wash away it's acid attack and water will also allow it to regen.

Remember to look for the hidden room on level 5 in Shattered for the Rat King. He has a bunch of treasure chests.

Kid
Jun 18, 2004

Gotcha

slouch posted:

Good news everyone who plays Kill Me Again, thanks to all of your help I've been able to create a guild just for us. Search for and apply to "goons" and I will accept your application. The emblem is a radioactive symbol because there are no actual good choices. If you've already posted your username in this thread I will recognize it and add you, if not feel free to post in this thread and reply. Right now there are like 30 spots so I highly doubt having room will be an issue.

edit: Within like half a minute of creating the guild I have ten pubbie applications to join so yeah, I need you all to post your names to make sure there are spots available.

edit again: There are an insane number of people applying to get into the guild. I'm guessing it's on the top of the recommended list since it's new and it has open slots. It's really important that you post in this thread with your username before applying so I can cross check it before I go through and delete batches of 20 applications.

Where is the guild option in the game? Trying to join as KidZimmy but can't find the guild screen.

Found it, had to finish area 2

Kid fucked around with this message at 16:55 on Oct 3, 2015

Roid666
Jul 18, 2010

Kid posted:

Where is the guild option in the game? Trying to join as KidZimmy but can't find the guild screen.

In the beta bit, far right. Problem is its in the recommended section so is always full of applications 😥

Kid
Jun 18, 2004

Gotcha
Kill Me Again,

Applied to the guild as KidZimmy

Rianlee
Jan 15, 2009
Pillbug
Kill me again; applied to guild as Zakyrie.

And woot, I have all 3 characters already!

e: And in, thanks for the quick response!

Rianlee fucked around with this message at 22:12 on Oct 3, 2015

slouch
Mar 10, 2009

Kid posted:

Kill Me Again,

Applied to the guild as KidZimmy

Reapply, I've accidentally denied your request

Roid666
Jul 18, 2010
I've managed to apply now ☺

Edit, I'm in😁

Roid666 fucked around with this message at 22:05 on Oct 3, 2015

TheSlapOfGod
Aug 28, 2008
Kill me now stuff

Im in game as Zeantao

FredMSloniker
Jan 2, 2008

Why, yes, I do like Kirby games.
Is there a strategy for dealing with piranha rooms in Pixel Dungeon other than saying NOPE and turning around?

Yermaw Zahoor
Feb 24, 2009
In thx

Yermaw Zahoor fucked around with this message at 09:53 on Oct 5, 2015

tater_salad
Sep 15, 2007

Yermaw Zahoor posted:

Kill Me - beeboy

thanks

if you didn't get in reapply, the invite area is really messed up, it showed full, cleared, then full in 30 seconds with folks that applied hours ago.

Tagichatn
Jun 7, 2009

I applied to Kill Me Now too, I think. Doesn't seem like there's a confirmation when you hit apply, just takes you to the guild page.

Yermaw Zahoor
Feb 24, 2009
In now, thanks

Yermaw Zahoor fucked around with this message at 00:57 on Oct 4, 2015

Lowness 72
Jul 19, 2006
BUTTS LOL

Jade Ear Joe

FredMSloniker posted:

Is there a strategy for dealing with piranha rooms in Pixel Dungeon other than saying NOPE and turning around?

There is always a potion of invisibility on those floors. FYI they don't give any experience so not even worth fighting them. Just pop in, grab the treasure chest and get out.

Same with the rooms with a treasure chest and a bunch of traps blocking it. There is always a potion of levitation

Lastly, if you find those rooms blocked by wood or a library, you will always find a potion of fire (or whatever its called).

fluppet
Feb 10, 2009

FredMSloniker posted:

Invisibility potions

FredMSloniker
Jan 2, 2008

Why, yes, I do like Kirby games.

Lowness 72 posted:

There is always a potion of invisibility on those floors. FYI they don't give any experience so not even worth fighting them. Just pop in, grab the treasure chest and get out.

Same with the rooms with a treasure chest and a bunch of traps blocking it. There is always a potion of levitation

Lastly, if you find those rooms blocked by wood or a library, you will always find a potion of fire (or whatever its called).

Huh. That's astonishingly kind for a roguelike. I'll have to remember that.

krithel
Apr 4, 2009
In for Kill Me Now as Krithel

Magog
Jan 9, 2010
In kill me again as Magoggles.

RubberBands Hurt
Dec 13, 2004

seriously, wtf

slouch posted:

It's really important that you post in this thread with your username before applying so I can cross check it before I go through and delete batches of 20 applications.

In as Kross, though your inbox is full, so you get no present today. :shobon:

Coldbird
Jul 17, 2001

be spiritless
Applied to KillMeAgain clan as coldbird.

Roid666
Jul 18, 2010
Just cleared the invite queue and accepted those I saw from here.

Wintermutant
Oct 2, 2009

Dinosaur Gum
In Kill Me Again as Wintermutant, guild request sent

Roid666
Jul 18, 2010
Accepted 2 more of you guys.

Gentleman Baller
Oct 13, 2013
Applied for Goons as Ytterbite

Roid666
Jul 18, 2010
Accepted.

mrkillboy
May 13, 2003

"Something witty."
For anyone who thought that Lifeline seemed to take some inspiration from the book/movie The Martian, there's now an official Martian game that seems to take inspiration from Lifeline.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

mrkillboy posted:

For anyone who thought that Lifeline seemed to take some inspiration from the book/movie The Martian, there's now an official Martian game that seems to take inspiration from Lifeline.

I haven't watched the movie yet, but intend to. Should I wait with buying the game to avoid spoilers?

Roseo
Jun 1, 2000
Forum Veteran
Applying to the kill me again guild as oesor

Roseo
Jun 1, 2000
Forum Veteran

Roseo posted:

Applying to the kill me again guild as oesor. Edit: or not, applicants full

mrkillboy
May 13, 2003

"Something witty."

Paladinus posted:

I haven't watched the movie yet, but intend to. Should I wait with buying the game to avoid spoilers?

Probably. The whole set up for the game hinges on one of the coolest parts of the story, and you immediately get an ingame email that pretty much sums up the first third of the plot.

mrkillboy fucked around with this message at 15:16 on Oct 4, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Roid666
Jul 18, 2010

Cleared the list. Try again quick ☺