Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sax Offender
Sep 9, 2007

College Slice
Analyze the giant and find a way to become its new head.

Clearly, our ship's cloaca was meant to unite with the alimentary tract. The resulting cosmic farts may be the only way to stop the aliens. Of course, we will have to find appropriate upgrades and digestive material in other systems.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:

Fellbat posted:

Make sure the captain eats the heart to gain it's power.

obviously

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

I just tossed a coin, Eat.

Hogge Wild
Aug 21, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Pillbug

Obscil posted:

Let's go with SuGsBA's plan.

assemblyrequired
Jul 14, 2014

We should let sugaba mess around with it, especially since that puts us one stop closer to piloting that dang thing

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012
Let SuGaBA analyze it and eat the left overs when its done

Radical and BADical!
Jun 27, 2010

by Lowtax
Fun Shoe

Blurry Gray Thing posted:

Eat the delicious Space God

Putting our baser urges aside to humor a machine, or even putting our baser urges aside for the long term good of our civilization just doesn't feel right.

We have a prime cut of meat just floating in space and we have a great victory to celebrate. Sure, we had two parties so far, but they were both rallying/morale parties. This would be our first celebration. In Caiman culture, the two parties have different names and are considered completely different things.

And if there's no bonus for hitting every possible party along the way as the Caimen, there sure as heck should be.

there's about 12 different occasions for parties in the caiman culture, each with its own unique style. there would be even more types of parties if caimans weren't so stupid and unimaginative

also interface with Universo

damn horror queefs
Oct 14, 2005

say hello
say hello to the man in the elevator
EAT EAT EAT

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost
SuGaBa's plan

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Guys if we just do what our computer says all the time what separates us from the robots? :colbert:

Let's do our martyred ancestors proud and eat the giant headless corpse.

Pyroi
Aug 17, 2013

gay elf noises
Have SuGaBA form the head

Two Free Toppings
Jul 1, 2007

SUCK
THE
SHIT
OUT
OF
MY
OWN
ASSHOLE
See what SugarBoar has to say before we decide to eat that big ol bitch. If we decide to eat it and can't finish it all, just strap it to the top of the ship or stuff it in the trunk or something. Also, our most crapulent crew member gets the drink umbrella just in case we hadn't decided that yet. Pew, I think.

We should also figure out a way to heal up our captain for the next time we need him to go on another away team. Our ship will regain energy on its own, right? I would like to be in fighting trim before we hit the rest of the void racer ships.

And, of course, our battlebot is definitely going on every away team. Robodude looks like an rear end kicker.

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

Dovie'andi se tovya sagain
Eat the heart

Runaktla
Feb 21, 2007

by Hand Knit
Eat

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

Let SuGaBa analyze the corpse. We MUST pilot a giant meatpuppet to the next star system.

glam bam rock
Jun 2, 2009

aaaaaaaaawwwwwwwww
WHAM BAM THANK YA GLAM

let SuGaBa see the giant, feel the gaint, touch the giant, hear the giant

got some chores tonight
Feb 18, 2012

honk honk whats for lunch...

Al Borland
Oct 29, 2006

by XyloJW
LET THE FEAST BEGIn

Saint Isaias Boner
Jan 17, 2007

hi how are you

Split 13 to 13.

Both options are good things and completely in character for the Caimen. On the one hand they like eating rotting things and doing bugger all for days. On the other they like letting their computer do the thinking for them while they scratch their asses. It's up to you to decide which impulse prevails.

It's really a win/win because all the effects are pretty good and also it involves messing around with corpses and either flying around with a corpse or stuffing the ship literally full with corpsemeat. We also didn't have to kill this thing ourselves which is nice.

Probably won't have the update ready until roughly this time tomorrow so I'll keep an eye on the count in the meantime.

Saint Isaias Boner fucked around with this message at 23:16 on Oct 3, 2015

Jvie
Aug 10, 2012

EAT

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

Half and Half - Let SuGaBa do its thing, but leave us some unnecessary organs. Sure, our space God might have a limp or be retarded, but at least it'll be OUR mentally handicapped space God.

a whole buncha crows
May 8, 2003

WHEN WE DON'T KNOW WHO TO HATE, WE HATE OURSELVES.-SA USER NATION (AKA ME!)

Applewhite posted:

SuGaBa's plan

Lanky Coconut Tree
Apr 7, 2011

An angry tree.

The angriest tree

Applewhite posted:

SuGaBa's plan

Asterios
Apr 17, 2008

So long, Skorpex!

https://www.presidentbaby.com
SuGaBa's plan -- still gives us four days to feast

Doctor Medic
Apr 15, 2013

Going to space today!
We have to go with SuGaBA's plan because if we do, we'll have a giant body with a (comparatively) tiny head and look like one of those Goombas from that godawful Super Mario movie.

Blurry Gray Thing
Jun 3, 2009

Asterios posted:

SuGaBa's plan -- still gives us four days to feast

It's a choice-based game and it hasn't been very friendly to "both options" so far. Taking the robot abandoned the crew members automatically. Pretty sure we can't have our giant space-man and eat him too.

I already voted, but I'm still for eating the corpse. This loser got wasted by the Discobots, so chaining his carcass to our ship won't be as good as all that. If he was really some grand cosmic power, he wouldn't be dead. But he is clearly unusual and delicious.

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

Just think of the Space-God-scams we can run if we are driving the corpse around! I bet it gives a bonus to initiative in space combat, too, as opponents are stunned by the sight of a vengeful space god doing probably suggestive things at it flies toward them.

Elukka
Feb 18, 2011

For All Mankind

Applewhite posted:

SuGaBa's plan

Eighties ZomCom
Sep 10, 2008

the_steve posted:

Half and Half - Let SuGaBa do its thing, but leave us some unnecessary organs. Sure, our space God might have a limp or be retarded, but at least it'll be OUR mentally handicapped space God.

Saint Isaias Boner
Jan 17, 2007

hi how are you

CaptainSarcastic posted:

Just think of the Space-God-scams we can run if we are driving the corpse around! I bet it gives a bonus to initiative in space combat, too, as opponents are stunned by the sight of a vengeful space god doing probably suggestive things at it flies toward them.

SuGaBA's god scam is the thing that we're doing. Stay tuned.

Blurry Gray Thing posted:

It's a choice-based game and it hasn't been very friendly to "both options" so far. Taking the robot abandoned the crew members automatically. Pretty sure we can't have our giant space-man and eat him too.

This. Gamebooks traditionally didn't allow for this approach, mainly because you'd have no incentive to replay the things otherwise. Void Racers isn't particularly unusual in this way and at least it isn't crammed with "do you want to go to the blue planet or the red planet" options where if you pick the wrong planet you miss some vital clue you need to finish the game. You just get better or worse stuff and sometimes something one-shots you, which is marginally less annoying.

Saint Isaias Boner fucked around with this message at 17:02 on Oct 4, 2015

Al Borland
Oct 29, 2006

by XyloJW
Ugh you guys do realize this is the corpse of a space pole right?

By eating it we would have gained immense knowledge and powers.

Saint Isaias Boner
Jan 17, 2007

hi how are you

Al Borland posted:

Ugh you guys do realize this is the corpse of a space pole right?

By eating it we would have gained immense knowledge and powers.

We might catch up with that guy later on if we go the right way up ahead.

Update:

Lat page complete:

We're going to let SuGaBA do his thing (158):

In the chaos, LUXURY YACHT attacks! We put him down extremely hard, using 4 of the cap'n's energy in the process (he's down to 30 now). Luxury Yacht is permanently mauled. He's out for the next 4 days and even after he's healed up he'll have -1 to all stats. That'll teach him to jump the captain I guess. In the meantime some redshirt jabroni takes over engineering.

Crapulence ticks up by 3 - Garrrrrn and Luxury Yacht both fail, and Luxury Yacht's "ability" causes Crocheart to go up too. We're on 13 now which is starting to get a bit iffy. Those crocs were really looking forward to some blood pudding.

But we have a new toy:

It's a pretty effective and gross weapon, but you can only use it once in a starship battle. Let me know if you want to use it at some point. It might also come in handy scaring impressionable aliens.

Anyway, what now? Obvious options are heading down to the planet or leaving the system, but perhaps you have another idea?

Starship manifest:

Saint Isaias Boner fucked around with this message at 02:41 on Oct 5, 2015

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost
Test our new ship upgrade; use Cygnus's mighty fists to punch the planet below into rubble, then jump to the next system.

Also, lol at Luxury Yacht trying to attack us. I bet we punched his polystyrene jaw clean off.

Tardcore
Jan 24, 2011

Not cool enough for the Spider-man club.
Subjugate that lovely planet

Pinche Rudo
Feb 8, 2005

Tardcore posted:

Subjugate that lovely planet

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

Loot the planet. Subjugation of it can be considered afterward.

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

Leave for the next sector
I imagine there isn't much left of the planet, the Discobots were looting it when we arrived, weren't they? And I think we've spent enough time here anyways.

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:
GTFO. A bloated mess of meat. We should eject it at a developing species. See how that effects their creation mythology.

Al Borland
Oct 29, 2006

by XyloJW
Lay in wait for the enemy chasing us and throw the loving planet at them

I don't care who you are when you jump in and suddenly a planet is hurling at you you're hosed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Asterios
Apr 17, 2008

So long, Skorpex!

https://www.presidentbaby.com
Yeah, we got a giant meat puppet and a DEVO-themed security officer out of this system. That's plenty of loot for me. Let's head to the next system.

• Locked thread