Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Loose Ifer
Feb 1, 2002
It's Swelling!
Grimey Drawer
I got to level 10.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Anoia
Dec 31, 2003

"Sooner or later, every curse is a prayer."

Arthil posted:

*Golfclaps* I like many parts of the game and would like it to succeed with F2P instead of fail, that doesn't make me a shill. Grow up guys.

I mean hell if they can get the servers to stop making GBS threads themselves it's honestly one of the better F2P options available. My experience with SWTOR was horrible, what else is there? Rift?

:allears:

You are now the thread centerpiece.

There's actually a golfclap emote btw. Look: :golfclap:

Kimsemus
Dec 4, 2013

by Reene
Toilet Rascal
I was able to log into the PVP server briefly, PVE one where all the actual people are still seems to be a shipwreck.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

LordSaturn posted:

Incredible, now the PSO2 goons are coming here to poo poo. Congratulations, Wildstar Thread, you're the toilet of the MMO HMO.

lol

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
i havent played PSO2 but i know its better than wildstar

Comrayn
Jul 22, 2008
I'm playing on some asteroid where some weird old lady's husband is shipwrecked and apparently I need to wait for someone else to join before I can finish? I thought I was in some solo instance but apparently not, and after doing all this poo poo I have to wait for another chump to wonder in before I can finish it. I'm only level 6, who thought this was a good idea?

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Comrayn posted:

I'm playing on some asteroid where some weird old lady's husband is shipwrecked and apparently I need to wait for someone else to join before I can finish? I thought I was in some solo instance but apparently not, and after doing all this poo poo I have to wait for another chump to wonder in before I can finish it. I'm only level 6, who thought this was a good idea?

lol

Commissar Budgie
Aug 10, 2011

I am a Commissar. I am empowered to deliver justice wherever I see it lacking. I am empowered to punish cowardice. I am granted the gift of total authority to judge, in the name of the Emperor, on the field of combat.

Comrayn posted:

You can queue as solo and do it pretty easily on your own if you want.

The Chairman
Jun 30, 2003

But you forget, mon ami, that there is evil everywhere under the sun

Comrayn posted:

The "waiting for 1" prompt means that there's some checkpoint the game is waiting for you to stand in before the instance can continue.

Anoia
Dec 31, 2003

The die hards are back to the "people complaining clearly never remember WoW expansions"

I seem to recall they managed to address expansion congestion with something more than "working on it!" three days out from launch.

Comrayn
Jul 22, 2008

The Chairman posted:

The "waiting for 1" prompt means that there's some checkpoint the game is waiting for you to stand in before the instance can continue.

Very good communication game! I followed the quest direction arrows to the exact spot they pointed me to and ran around in that area for about ten minutes before giving up

Kimsemus
Dec 4, 2013

by Reene
Toilet Rascal

Commissar Budgie posted:

You can queue as solo and do it pretty easily on your own if you want.

Why isn't this the default option?

Stanley Pain
Jun 16, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Levelling PVP gear was nerfed. 1/2 the stats now compared to the pieces I already bought. LOL.

Kimsemus
Dec 4, 2013

by Reene
Toilet Rascal

Stanley Pain posted:

Levelling PVP gear was nerfed. 1/2 the stats now compared to the pieces I already bought. LOL.

Are you serious? Why the gently caress did they do that?

Verranicus
Aug 18, 2009

by VideoGames

Comrayn posted:

I solo'd that like a week ago, so unless the F2P transition broke something this is your fuckup and not the games.

Kaddish
Feb 7, 2002
Was able to play a bit today, it's a pretty standard MMO but pretty fun for what it is. I'll play for a few weeks at least.

Stanley Pain
Jun 16, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Kimsemus posted:

Are you serious? Why the gently caress did they do that?

And now it's back to normal? Odd. I think the gear I had bought had really messed up stats and potentially why they did a reset. Had like 900+ pvp power/def on my weapons...

Shadowlyger
Nov 5, 2009

ElvUI super fan at your service!

Ask me any and all questions about UI customization via PM

Arthil posted:

I mean hell if they can get the servers to stop making GBS threads themselves it's honestly one of the better F2P options available.

No it's not.

Kaddish
Feb 7, 2002
Servers going down yesssssssss

Stanley Pain
Jun 16, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
New drinking words for the day:

Hotfix and megaserver. :cheers:

Kaddish
Feb 7, 2002
That's not good, I busted out a bottle of Nobile de Montepulciano I brought back from Italy...

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

People say bigger is better.

But for the first time in my life, I think I've gone too far.
Drinking game or suicide attempt?

Xolve
Oct 12, 2012

Well, shoot! We ain't come this far just to dump this thing in the drink. What's the nearest target opportunity?

Stanley Pain posted:

New drinking words for the day:

Hotfix and megaserver. :cheers:

Who needs key words when you can just slam a shot of your preferred poison everytime you get that weird recycle to character select.

The game ends when you die of alcohol poisoning.

Magmarashi
May 20, 2009

Christ, ya'll weren't kidding. I've played the goddamn character select screen more than the actual game at this point.

Minsky
May 23, 2001

Having to open up a second "megaserver" because apparently your megaserver is just a normal server with everyone transferred on it is probably the best Just Wildstar Things I've read in these threads so far.

Anoia
Dec 31, 2003

I really love how they've dug in and absolutely refuse to go back and admit they're just regular servers.

M-M-M-M-M-MEGASERVER!

queeb
Jun 10, 2004

m

ive played up to like level 7. so far its ok, nothing crazy but some parts are kinda fun.

Minsky
May 23, 2001

Anoia posted:

I really love how they've dug in and absolutely refuse to go back and admit they're just regular servers.

M-M-M-M-M-MEGASERVER!

For maximum comedy reasons I want to believe it is just a regular server renamed, but more likely the truth is probably a bit more complicated than that.

Like it's probably something like the zones can be instanced and those can scale like a true megaserver, but there is some kind of singular backbone component that for whatever reason they forgot or failed to make scalable (like maybe some global database or the auction house or whatever), and that component is being hammered now just as badly as it was during the original launch week when poo poo was hosed in exactly the same way.

Lant
Jan 8, 2011

Muldoon

queeb posted:

ive played up to like level 7. so far its ok, nothing crazy but some parts are kinda fun.

Just wait until Whitevale, it all goes downhill one you hit there.

Libluini
May 18, 2012

I gravitated towards the Greens, eventually even joining the party itself.

The Linke is a party I grudgingly accept exists, but I've learned enough about DDR-history I can't bring myself to trust a party that was once the SED, a party leading the corrupt state apparatus ...
Grimey Drawer
I haven't played at all yet. I think this is the fourth day in a row I'm getting nothing but network errors.

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

It gets worse once you actually get to play

Stanley Pain
Jun 16, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Libluini posted:

I haven't played at all yet. I think this is the fourth day in a row I'm getting nothing but network errors.

That's actually the best part of the game.

Tarranon
Oct 10, 2007

Diggity Dog

at least this retard actually likes the game

Bombogenesis
Mar 27, 2010

Mekkatorque 2016
Dinosaur Gum

Schubalts posted:

Drinking game or suicide attempt?

Not hardcore enough, cupcake? :smuggo:

Libluini
May 18, 2012

I gravitated towards the Greens, eventually even joining the party itself.

The Linke is a party I grudgingly accept exists, but I've learned enough about DDR-history I can't bring myself to trust a party that was once the SED, a party leading the corrupt state apparatus ...
Grimey Drawer

Stanley Pain posted:

That's actually the best part of the game.

Apparently, when I let the game update and patch to the newest version a couple days ago, the launcher just stopped one version short and settled me with the last beta-client again. Some research and looking closely at the client in-game made me finally aware of that fact. So the reason I couldn't connect to the game was my faulty assumption I could actually depend on the launcher patching up to the right version.

Now I have deinstalled everything and started installing everything fresh: With the beta-version scraped from my HDD, the launcher now actually installs the "real" client. Since this is taking also hours, for some reason, I can literally shutdown my computer the minute the install is finished and try playing again tomorrow, on day 5 of this shitshow. Another day, another try.

Bullshit like this makes me very, very happy I never paid any money to the makers of the Wild Star. And it also makes sure I'll never give them money in the future, period.

Let's see if I can actually make a character tomorrow. Or if one of my beta-characters survived this mess. If I get network errors again however, I'll put this loving company on my blacklist of devs to avoid, right under EA.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
I run my megaserver on a raspberry pi

Morglon
Jan 13, 2010

Safe and sound, detached from reality.
Just like your posting.
The Megaserver is just everybody's phones connected to an old netbook with a broken screen they bought on ebay.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

Eonwe posted:

I run my megaserver on a raspberry pi

That's alright, Carbine's servers appear to be Dreamcasts.

Xolve
Oct 12, 2012

Well, shoot! We ain't come this far just to dump this thing in the drink. What's the nearest target opportunity?

kirbysuperstar posted:

That's alright, Carbine's servers appear to be Dreamcasts.

On the livestream, their 'sneak peek' at their War Room showed a bunch of dell laptops that looked like an old Unreal Tournament LAN party circa 2001.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stanley Pain
Jun 16, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Xolve posted:

On the livestream, their 'sneak peek' at their War Room showed a bunch of dell laptops that looked like an old Unreal Tournament LAN party circa 2001.

Hey dad can we borrow your boardroom? Thanks!

• Locked thread