Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

Lol no way

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Exia00
Feb 13, 2014

When in doubt.... C4
So leopard good tank?

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

So they just sat there and let you reload or what?

AlmightyPants
Mar 14, 2001

King of Scheduling
Pillbug

Nordick posted:

The T-22 sr has 170 more horsepower than the other Soviet t10 mediums, with similar weight and terrain resistance. So in other words it's really goddamn mobile. It also has this crazy-rear end bullshit armor layout that makes it way bouncier than you'd expect. Check it out here: http://tanks.gg/en/wot/t-22-sr#tab:model

For a disadvantage it has a noticeably slower fire rate than its peers.

Sounds neat. It's gonna be a campaign reward though? I don't play anymore and never really used the reward tanks I have.

RanKizama
Apr 22, 2015

Shinobi Heart
Pz B2's are out in loving force with the rental keys being given out. Luckily, most of them are terrible players so pelting them into sawdust is pretty easy. Some of them are even using HE rounds for some reason.

On the other end of the spectrum, I had this match with a guy from THUGZ. I was pretty pleased with my damage numbers and kind of shocked that the M103 managed to top my 6,800 damage game by 3xp.

Exia00
Feb 13, 2014

When in doubt.... C4

McGavin posted:

So they just sat there and let you reload or what?

They pushed up hill hard. I drove through middle killed their arty and just worked my way back though them one by one.

Desuwa
Jun 2, 2011

I'm telling my mommy. That pubbie doesn't do video games right!

RanKizama posted:

Pz B2's are out in loving force with the rental keys being given out. Luckily, most of them are terrible players so pelting them into sawdust is pretty easy. Some of them are even using HE rounds for some reason.

I made the mistake of playing my IIJ. I was surrounded by five loving B2s and slowly killed by AP because if they roll high on their pen rolls they can pen my sides if they're not angled. Blocked like 1900 damage and my team did win, but I didn't do gently caress all for damage.

Not going to try to play the IIJ again until this poo poo is over. Also regular t3s and t4s are being poo poo on by MM because they need something to fill in t5 and t6 games.

RanKizama
Apr 22, 2015

Shinobi Heart

Desuwa posted:

I made the mistake of playing my IIJ. I was surrounded by five loving B2s and slowly killed by AP because if they roll high on their pen rolls they can pen my sides if they're not angled. Blocked like 1900 damage and my team did win, but I didn't do gently caress all for damage.

Not going to try to play the IIJ again until this poo poo is over. Also regular t3s and t4s are being poo poo on by MM because they need something to fill in t5 and t6 games.

There has never been a better time to run a Matilda.

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

NEVER FUCKING TAKE A NIGHT OFF CLAN WARS.
There's flooding and wind and poo poo down my way, so I'm not going to work. Instead I'll be hosting a party on Teamspeak! Warning - get drunk because we're watching the WGLNA finals. Don't worry there's actually a reason to suffer through that. We can win a Type 59 AMX 13 57!

So there's a scavenger hunt going on. Enter five codes and the first two thousand people get prizes! Enter a special bonus code and you get a bonus prize! Of course unless that bonus code is given out before the fifth code, it's all moot since it's the first two thousand who win, but surely WGNA aren't dumb enough to not realize that. If you're one of the first ten, you win an AMX 13 57, and if you entered the bonus code you also get a Type 59.

I've got the first four codes and info on teamspeak. Get in the party channel on teamspeak at 4PM Eastern / 1PM Pacific.

RanKizama
Apr 22, 2015

Shinobi Heart
How does one obtain this TS address? I need more tanks people to shoot the poo poo with.

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business
Sometimes, you just cannot carry hard enough...

dioxazine
Oct 14, 2004

This wouldn't have happened if you were driving for China.

RanKizama posted:

How does one obtain this TS address? I need more tanks people to shoot the poo poo with.

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3516406

RanKizama
Apr 22, 2015

Shinobi Heart

Green Dam posted:

This wouldn't have happened if you were driving for China.

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3516406

Thank you kindly.

Terrorist Fistbump
Jan 29, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
I have been enlightening pubbies out there when I play my B2.

"100% GOLD" I say.

"No money" they say.

"Use credits to buy gold ammo."

"What?"

"Dropdown in loadout screen."

"Holy poo poo that's amazing. You're my hero!"

At least 4 times since yesterday. The things long-time players don't know about this game astounds me.

Missing Name
Jan 5, 2013

There should be no reason for my KV-2 to blap a Spershing four times in close combat. Pubbies.

But perhaps I am the pubbie, because the Spershing didn't die.

Valle
Apr 16, 2004

Telling customers how to solve world problems since 2001

Terrorist Fistbump posted:

The things long-time players don't know about this game astounds me.

A bit extreme, but I saw a dude a while ago with like 2k battles in his tier 1 tank. Failed sealclubber I think. Then I noticed the * over his name when he was in drawrange. Stock turret? What? Yes, stock turret and gun. Looked him up after battle, thousands of battles in the tier 1 tanks, nothing else. Fucker literally never figured out how to research modules/new tanks.

Ensign Expendable
Nov 11, 2008

Lager beer is proof that god loves us
Pillbug
Unscheduled Tank Battle

In history books, war is like a mosaic: split into operations with precise start and end dates. Sometimes there is an impression that nothing happens between them, the front remains static, soldiers rest, commanders plan for the future. However, this impression is not always correct. Here is one such instance.

On April 17th, 1944, the Dniepr-Carpathian Offensive Operation concluded successfully. Soviet forces liberated a significant part of the Ukraine and reached Romanian territory. The commander of the 1st Ukrainian Front, G.K. Zhukov, wanted to continue the offensive towards Stanislawow (modern day Ivano-Frankovsk). The Germans were preparing for a counteroffensive. Both sides were exhausted and worn out from the battles. The question was who would be the first to pull up some kind of reserves. The Germans managed to do it a little faster.

As a result, April 19th, 1944, was a difficult day for the Red Army. A powerful German infantry force with about 80 tanks delivered a strike from the west and north-west, pushing back the Soviets to the Zhivachuv-Khotsimezh line (the names of these settlements and subsequent names are from 1944 maps). In order to strengthen defenses and stop the enemy, the 11th Guards Tank Corps made up of T-34-85s, 399th Heavy SPG Regiment (16 ISU-152s) and 72nd Guards Heavy Tank Breakthrough Regiment (14 combat ready IS-2 tanks) were transferred to the crisis zone on the night between April 19th and April 20th.

Armoured cat graveyard

On the morning of April 20th, nine T-34-85 tanks and an AT regiment that arrived to reinforce them were located at Zhivachuv and Podvertse villages. ISU-152 SPGs positioned themselves south of Podverbtse, several kilometers away from the medium tank positions. IS tanks from the 72nd regiment arrived some time later.

The Germans sent about 70 tanks into battle, supported by infantry. 25 Tigers and 15 PzIVs came at the T-34-85s from Isakow and Oleshi (other accounts say it was only 5 PzIVs, the rest were Marders and StuGs). At the same time, 30 Panthers advanced from Ezhezhan, along the western outskirts of Zhivachuv.

The group coming from Isakow was fired upon by the T-34s, with no losses. The Tigers turned and drove at the ISU-152s. After a difficult fight, the regiment lost 10 SPGs, trading them for 13 German tanks.

The Panthers had an even more difficult time. One of the companies hit a minefield, where several tanks were immobilized. T-34-85s and 57 mm AT guns opened fire on this group and had some success, but it is difficult to ascertain how many tanks could be credited to them, since the Germans were about to face the heavy guns of 10 IS tanks that approached Gerasimov and entered the battle.

The breakthrough regiment, skilfully hiding behind terrain and houses of a nameless farmstead, opened fire at the Germans from 1.5 kilometers. The IS-2's gun was powerful enough to destroy even well protected Panthers from this distance. The enemy attack stalled, his tanks retreated, and did not return that day. According to German sources, no less than 20 Panthers were lost that day, 15 of those were irreparable. The 72nd regiment lost one IS-2 and another one was knocked out.

122 mm gun solo

On April 21st, the Germans gathered their tank fist once more. It looked a lot less impressive than the day before. Only 5 Tigers remained in the 506th battalion, and only 14 Panthers could be gathered.

Overnight, the IS tanks moved from Gerasimov to Zhabokruki, taking positions with infantry cover and some AT guns. Tanks took up ambush positions once more. This was the most effective way to use heavy tanks, as the IS-2 was not suitable for maneuver combat.

On that day, the IS-2s dealt with Germans independently, without help from SPGs or T-34s. Letting the Tigers and Panthers approach to 1.5 kilometers, Soviet tanks opened heavy fire. Stunned by such a sudden onslaught, the Germans lost precious minutes, took heavy losses, and were forced to retreat.

According to Soviet documents, the Germans lost 10 tanks. German sources confirm the loss of 5 Tigers and 4 Panthers. Infantry and remaining tanks took cover behind nearby farmsteads and showed little activity throughout the day. The enemy did not risk another attack. It is not surprising, as in only two days, the group lost most of its best tanks. By April 23rd, the German 17th Tank Division and its assigned units had only 9 combat-ready vehicles left.

A number of tankers fighting in the Stanislawow direction were awarded. Here are some of them.

Guards Lieutenant M.Ya. Titorenko

Scored four tank kills, destroyed a mortar battery, burned up an APC. The award order describes a Ferdinand SPG, but this is a typical mistake from Soviet reports. The Germans only had a few Ferdinands, about 90, and they fought on small portions of the front. The problem was that they earned a name for themselves, and any German SPG had a chance of being recorded as a Ferdinand.

Guards Captain G.F. Khristich

Held the defense of Gerasimov and Zhabokurow, commanding a company of five heavy tanks. Over two days, the IS tanks destroyed six German tanks and knocked out five. Perhaps the real numbers were less, as the front line was small and the entire regiment was firing at the enemy, but there is no doubt of Khristich's bravery and combat mastery.

Guards Lieutenant N.S. Semyonov

Not only participated in defensive battle, but in a raid behind enemy lines in a heavy and not particularly fast vehicle. Driving stealthily to the forest near Zelena farmstead, Semenov discovered a group of seven enemy tanks. Without engaging, Semyonov retreated, and the tanks were fired upon by other tanks of the regiment. Sadly, the result of this bombardment is absent from documents.

Guards Lieutenant V.D. Lubimchenko

Destroyed two German tanks and about 30 soldiers and officers. His commander remarked on his calmness in battle, courage, vigour, and tactical competence. An excellent characteristic for an experienced soldier: Lubimchenko has been in combat since 1942 in the Steppe, 2nd Ukrainian, and 1st Ukrainian Fronts.

Guards Junior Lieutenant V.V. Shvetsov

Destroyed two Tigers and a Ferdinand (actually a Marder or StuG) near Gerasimov, as well as an APC and a mortar battery. Destroyed an observation post and a dugout. Demonstrated himself a decisive and tactically competent officer.

Guards Lieutenant Z.S. Almukhamedov

Showed himself a skilled and calm fighter. In battles between April 20th and April 22nd, he claimed 2 knocked out and 2 destroyed Tigers, a car towing a gun, an observation post, and 20 soldiers and officers. It is worth noticing that he corrected fire while outside his vehicle. The Lieutenant traded his safety for improved visibility and improved precision.

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

Yo dawgs the WGLNA finals are almost starting! Can you feel it? No of course not because nobody gives a poo poo about the Wargaming League. However we do love mocking terrible poo poo and winning free stuff so NA goons get on teamspeak and into the party channel for....fun?

Also we need Funkbot to play some fitting music for the festivities.

Exia00
Feb 13, 2014

When in doubt.... C4
Someone call Metro. So he can be one of the cool kids with a type 59.

SpiDeR
Apr 30, 2002

Crystalline is fine too
That O-I in WGLNA stream was surprising

batteries!
Aug 26, 2010
Do the codes work on the EU side?

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

DoubleWelp posted:

Do the codes work on the EU side?

Nope you probably have your own terrible streams to waste an hour and a half of your life on.

Terrorist Fistbump
Jan 29, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
Type 59 acquired!

RanKizama
Apr 22, 2015

Shinobi Heart

Terrorist Fistbump posted:

Type 59 acquired!

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?
Confession time: I've never been in the town on Windstorm.

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO
Just got in some games with my BT-7 Artillery and T-62A.

I don't know what you guys are so worked up about, this game is fun and cool. :)

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

Same.

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Done went 'n broke my back.

Good day for sealclubbing, though.

350hp tank that averages almost 1000hp in damage per match.

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

What the poo poo? They giving those away for free like the e25?

Ensign Expendable
Nov 11, 2008

Lager beer is proof that god loves us
Pillbug

MariusLecter posted:

Just got in some games with my BT-7 Artillery and T-62A.

I don't know what you guys are so worked up about, this game is fun and cool. :)

BT-7 Arty owns as long as you aren't in a tier 5 game, which has been literally every single game for me in the tank except one.

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

Ensign Expendable posted:

BT-7 Arty owns as long as you aren't in a tier 5 game, which has been literally every single game for me in the tank except one.

Or ones without 11 Pz B2's on each team. :suicide:

Where'd I put my Laphroaig scotch and crazy straw?

Exia00
Feb 13, 2014

When in doubt.... C4

BadLlama posted:

What the poo poo? They giving those away for free like the e25?

They give you a 2 day rental of it to make you want to buy it for 100$

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

Ensign Expendable posted:

NA server population is so low that tier 3 players will nearly never get a tier 3 match. You're almost always required as filler for tier 5 and 4 matches, due to it mostly being actual new players in tier 2s who can't get matched with experiences people.

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

How does joining clans work again? Bugged the two listed PANSY dudes from the op, but noone seems to be around at the moment.

While I'm at it, Smooth Ride or Clutch Breaking on the driver of a T67?
I kinda want a little more agility, but I have no experience with Smooth Ride and how this "new snapshot meta" works out.

Terrorist Fistbump
Jan 29, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
Firing accurately on the move is much more important to the T67 than more agility. You can fire very fast and getting those rounds on target makes a big difference. Snapshot meta is a real thing.

Atomizer
Jun 24, 2007

Duzzy Funlop posted:

How does joining clans work again? Bugged the two listed PANSY dudes from the op, but noone seems to be around at the moment.

Invite sent, login here: http://worldoftanks.com/community/accounts/1004177636-PresidentGingrich/

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

Duzzy Funlop posted:

While I'm at it, Smooth Ride or Clutch Breaking on the driver of a T67?
I kinda want a little more agility, but I have no experience with Smooth Ride and how this "new snapshot meta" works out.

Camo first, I hope? Beyond that, Smooth Ride into Clutch Braking into retrain to BiA then Clutch Braking again into whatever if you're playing this tank enough to get a fifth skill you need to seek medical help.

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hellsau posted:

Camo first, I hope? Beyond that, Smooth Ride into Clutch Braking into retrain to BiA then Clutch Braking again into whatever if you're playing this tank enough to get a fifth skill you need to seek medical help.

Yeah, full camo into retrain to Sixth Sense and Snap Shot, just wasn't really sure about the driver skill. Also not really sure about retraining my loader skill to safe stowage, because I can count the times I had a damaged ammo-rack in 170 games on maybe one hand and I want to retain at least a 75% camo crew minimum.

Duzzy Funlop fucked around with this message at 07:01 on Oct 4, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

Duzzy Funlop posted:

Yeah, full camo into retrain to Sixth Sense and Snap Shot, just wasn't really sure about the driver skill. Also not really sure about retraining my loader skill to safe stowage, because I can count the times I had a damaged ammo-rack in 170 games on maybe one hand and I want to retain at least a 75% camo crew minimum.

The T67's rack isn't exceptionally vulnerable, either being damaged or one-shot racked. If a shell big enough to blow your rack hits you, you're probably going to die anyway. Definitely want it as the second skill though because what else are you going to use? Trying to wait out repairs is suicide in 370 HP tier 5 tank, and intuition does nothing and adrenaline rush would only activate when you drop under 36 HP, which seems unlikely.

View range skill on the Radio Operator btw. View range is king.