Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

Popular Thug Drink posted:

so either god isn't omnipotent and easily stopped by a court ruling, or he's a petty passive aggressive dick
It's the latter. Have you read any of his books?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

seiferguy posted:

What's the response when someone says "it's not a gun issue, it's a mental health issue"? Because it just they're handwaving away any responsibility about guns.

'Oh yeah, sure guy we'll give medical professionals more funding to handle the crazy people- which we'll identify thanks to our magical mind-reading powers since crazy people all have distinctive tells that we're just ignoring until the next mass shooting- who will then not go and see these professionals and instead continue to pick up a gun and shoot up a crowded public area.'

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

Popular Thug Drink posted:

a crazy gun nut i used to live with dropped this quote on me once. i pointed out that japan never invaded the US because it had neither the means nor motivation to sealift hundreds of thousands of troops across the pacific ocean. he said that i needed to learn more american history, because it was only by the skin of our teeth that japan didn't invade and conquer the united states. i questioned him about it and in his mental framework of american history, every war we've been involved in has been a sharp life-or-death battle of either victory or complete annihilation - even vietnam. that guy was... special

I think you owe your friend an apology

E: omg I didn't know who Aristotle Onassis was when I read this book as a teenager: that joke is hosed up :iamafag:

VitalSigns fucked around with this message at 08:31 on Oct 3, 2015

Fulchrum
Apr 16, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Moxie posted:

My favorite thing is that this rant includes only one citation, and that is to give credit to Adolph Hitler.

And of course it's completely wrong.

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

Brb going to cook up a gun in my kitchen with some allergy medicine and nail polish remover.

il_cornuto
Oct 10, 2004

Ah Batman, the famously pro gun superhero

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

VitalSigns posted:

Brb going to cook up a gun in my kitchen with some allergy medicine and nail polish remover.
It's harder to get any decent quantity of ephedrine than it is to get an 80% complete receiver and a milling machine currently though.

Klaus88
Jan 23, 2011

Violence has its own economy, therefore be thoughtful and precise in your investment

Bast Relief posted:

Actual Facebook happening: I made a comment on a fellow liberal relatives post about how male candidates don't face the same scrutiny about their looks that Hilary does. One of his weirdo friends linked me to a ten year old article about how female beauty standards being generated by catty women themselves. Then he proceeded to tell me that if was a woman he wouldn't wear makeup, he'd grow a big fro, not shave, and not give a gently caress what other women thought. I was so appreciative for his advice on how to be a better woman.

Smug rear end MRA and libertarian types :qqsay:ing about Feminine standards of beauty is the best whining. Mostly because it is abundantly, amazing, and absurdly clear that they have not even the faintest inkling of what they're talking about. :nallears:

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

Guavanaut posted:

It's harder to get any decent quantity of ephedrine than it is to get an 80% complete receiver and a milling machine currently though.

How many mass shootings were committed by skilled machinists compared to lazy unskilled jagoffs like Roof?

Strom Cuzewon
Jul 1, 2010

VitalSigns posted:

How many mass shootings were committed by skilled machinists compared to lazy unskilled jagoffs like Roof?

Killdozer?

Although I dont think he shot at anything, kind of proves the point further.

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

Also meme, I don't think it would make no difference if we sold meth over the counter, I really don't think we should do that?

I'm all for decriminalization and drug treatment programs, but I'm not really okay with a National Meth Association lobbying congress and Marlboro running ads about how cool and suave and handsome you are on meth and how it makes life an endless party.

VVVV
Thanks I am enjoying that article

VitalSigns fucked around with this message at 14:14 on Oct 3, 2015

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

VitalSigns posted:

I'm not really okay with a National Meth Association lobbying congress
You'd enjoy reading this then.

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

Guavanaut posted:

You'd enjoy reading this then.

:shepface:

Burn this entire loving country to the ground.

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
The saga continues

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP

e_angst posted:

If you want to be the Graveyard of Empires, empires have to give a poo poo about controlling your territory.

Uh, Afghanistan was specifically created to be a buffer state that they didn't have to care about.

Ghost of Reagan Past
Oct 7, 2003

rock and roll fun
The vast majority of Americans are idiots who can't see how this tiny difference in phrasing deceived them into voting for Obama. Obviously :rolleyes:

Seriously, this may be the dumbest version of the Benghazi conspiracy that floats around. They do realize that Benghazi is turning into a punchline, right? You know, rather than a tragedy where four Americans died, but nobody could realistically do anything to stop it? I thought they wanted people to take it seriously...

Ghost of Reagan Past fucked around with this message at 15:20 on Oct 3, 2015

Rick_Hunter
Jan 5, 2004

My guys are still fighting the hard fight!
(weapons, shields and drones are still online!)

gradenko_2000 posted:

The saga continues

Please spin that one now. How's this:
You're splitting hairs to try to make him not have said it...for reasons.

Rick_Hunter fucked around with this message at 15:47 on Oct 3, 2015

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

Is this even a Benghazi conspiracy? It sounds like just a desperate need to believe conservatism can never lose, thus Obama and the media tricked the American people into thinking Romney was full of poo poo at the debate

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
Well you see, Obama went through extraordinary lengths to avoid calling the Benghazi incident a "terrorist attack" because he had an election to win and he was playing politics, whereas Romney called a press conference about the Benghazi incident at midnight Sep 12 because

Keeshhound
Jan 14, 2010

Mad Duck Swagger

Strom Cuzewon posted:

Killdozer?

Although I dont think he shot at anything, kind of proves the point further.

In fact, despite the name and causing some $7 million in property damage, the only person who died during the ordeal was Marvin Heemeyer himself. Though that was mostly luck, as he actually had installed "two rifles in firing ports on the inside of the bulldozer," which he fired at power transformers and propane tanks. he also fired on several police officers before they began firing back.

Jurgan
May 8, 2007

Just pour it directly into your gaping mouth-hole you decadent slut

il_cornuto posted:

Ah Batman, the famously pro gun superhero

If Thomas Wayne had been carrying a gun to the movies, he wouldn't have been shot in that alley. :smug: (How would he have been able to get the gun out after Joe Chill ambushed him? Typical liberal question.)

Re: Benghazi: Now that the soon to be Speaker of the House (probably) admitted the House Benghazi committee was all about embarrassing Hillary Clinton, I'd say any belief that there's still something to investigate is over.

Rick_Hunter
Jan 5, 2004

Keeshhound posted:

In fact, despite the name and causing some $7 million in property damage, the only person who died during the ordeal was Marvin Heemeyer himself. Though that was mostly luck, as he actually had installed "two rifles in firing ports on the inside of the bulldozer," which he fired at power transformers and propane tanks. he also fired on several police officers before they began firing back.

Yeah but why the gently caress would you fire at an armored bulldozer? I'd just observe and report.

Keeshhound
Jan 14, 2010

Mad Duck Swagger
Apparently an officer climbed on top of the bulldozer at some point, and just rode it for a while while trying to find a thin spot in the armor to shoot through before giving up and jumping off. If you read a synopsis of the whole two hours, it's really surreal.

DarkHorse
Dec 13, 2006

Vroom vroom, BEEP BEEP!
Nap Ghost

W:LIMSas;lfkmawe;oimS:ELIMdvklm;aserf;lijm :suicide:

E: There's so many loving layers to this

KillerJunglist
May 22, 2007

Lion of Judah protect you, Jah be praised.

DarkHorse posted:

Could have gotten at least SOME funny out of this if they had used a Glock, but no... that would be too clever and all they want to do is shoot people.

Rick_Hunter
Jan 5, 2004

DarkHorse posted:

Reminds me of that craigslist ad where someone wanted a disguisable weapon and he proceeded to get trolled by a guy who put guns in solo cups.

http://www.helpfeedthetroll.com/random/disguised-weapons-craiglist-trolling/

TheMaskedChemist
Mar 30, 2010

DarkHorse posted:

I am now enamored of the phrase gun control enthusiast. Apparently rather reading comic books or playing video/board games with friends I spend my leisure time attempting to ban all guns.

Melaneus
Aug 24, 2007

Here to make your dreams and nightmares come true.

DarkHorse posted:

Buy the new gun-clock! Displays days and hours since the last mass shooting in the US. You might inquire if a two digit day counter will be sufficient, but that hasn't been a problem yet!

Mo_Steel
Mar 7, 2008

Let's Clock Into The Sunset Together

Fun Shoe

Scruff McGruff posted:

Unfortunately I didn't get a screencap of it but I posted the "No Way To Prevent This" Onion article and had a dude on my facebook (who regularly posts his everyday carry loadout for the day usually consisting of a pistol and two knives) go "IT'S EASY TO JUST WRITE A HEADLINE BUT WHERE IS THE PROPOSED SOLUTION!". Then about 5 minutes later I think he realized what the Onion was and deleted it.

EDIT: Turns out the Onion put out and updated version of the article for this shooting.
http://www.theonion.com/article/no-way-prevent-says-only-nation-where-regularly-ha-51444

Up Next :smith:

Dr. Arbitrary
Mar 15, 2006

Bleak Gremlin
I saw this and thought, you know what, it takes courage to stick to your beliefs in the face of death. And then I read the stupid poo poo about Caitlyn Jenner at the bottom. gently caress you assholes, people died and you're using it to make a jab at a transgender celebrity.

zeroprime
Mar 25, 2006

Words go here.

Fun Shoe

Dr. Arbitrary posted:

I saw this and thought, you know what, it takes courage to stick to your beliefs in the face of death. And then I read the stupid poo poo about Caitlyn Jenner at the bottom. gently caress you assholes, people died and you're using it to make a jab at a transgender celebrity.

But there hasn't been any confirmation that the shooter asked anyone that.

Rick_Hunter
Jan 5, 2004

Dr. Arbitrary posted:

But not as brave as ARE TROOPS.

mr. mephistopheles
Dec 2, 2009

VitalSigns posted:

I bet this person totally opposes drug criminalization!

RabbitWizard
Oct 21, 2008

Muldoon
Huh, after all the stuff i read in this thread i thought the US had more than one openly Christian person.

Hackers film 1995
Nov 4, 2009

Hack the planet!

Davethulhu posted:

Hot off of facebook

Posted at 6 pm on 10/2, so less than a day from when he was identified and of course he's still in the hospital.

Dang I came here to post this one.

Also this was under the picture in the OP:

quote:

OUTRAGEOUS: Days later there's been no mention of this hero in President Obama's speeches. The US Govt has recognized him once. Microsoft has not kicked him down free everything! Google hasn't invited him over, MIT has not given him or his kid a scholarship, the list goes on...WHY??

BECAUSE HE IS A US SOLDIER! WE ARE NOT RESPECTED ANYMORE BECAUSE OF THE RADICAL LEFT! THIS COUNTRY HAS FORGOTTEN WHAT MAKES OUR COUNTRY SO GREAT!

SHARE THE HELL OUT OF THIS!

I just put the person on ignore and moved on. So proud of myself.

Hackers film 1995 fucked around with this message at 21:18 on Oct 3, 2015

Faustian Bargain
Apr 12, 2014

"I hate Obama but also wish he would invite my ideal of a hero to hang out with him."

Fulchrum
Apr 16, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Keeshhound posted:

Apparently an officer climbed on top of the bulldozer at some point, and just rode it for a while while trying to find a thin spot in the armor to shoot through before giving up and jumping off. If you read a synopsis of the whole two hours, it's really surreal.

Idiots. When that happens you just Fulton Extract and use it yourself.

Ghost of Reagan Past
Oct 7, 2003

rock and roll fun
It would be really weird to find oneself as the subject of effusive praise by right-wingers because you happen to be a useful political prop for whatever dumb point they're trying to make that day.

Scruff McGruff
Feb 13, 2007

Jesus, kid, you're almost a detective. All you need now is a gun, a gut, and three ex-wives.

Wiggles Von Huggins posted:

Dang I came here to post this one.

Oh dang :thurman:

I did get this today.

"I am thankful for gun violence." Haha, holy poo poo this post. THANK GOD WE HAVE GUN VIOLENCE, OTHERWISE WE MIGHT HAVE IED VIOLENCE OR SOMETHING!

Scruff McGruff fucked around with this message at 00:26 on Oct 4, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

Ghost of Reagan Past posted:

It would be really weird to find oneself as the subject of effusive praise by right-wingers because you happen to be a useful political prop for whatever dumb point they're trying to make that day.
And then the next day they turn on you because you're not the 100% perfect conservative that they have in their minds. Which is difficult because it varies wildly across them, but as soon as you fail on one point it cascades.