Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

Can we get a do-over in which Chris Ballard doesn't get rejected for the GM job because he told Ted Phillips that he sucks poo poo and needs to go jump in Lake Michigan, and then he brings back Dave Toub?

Please? :smith:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fishing with the fam
Feb 29, 2008

Durr
Dave Toub is that one girl you dated senior year who you broke up with just before leaving for college who you cant stop thinking about twenty years later while writing an alimony check to that bitch you just got out of a messy divorce with.

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.
I didn't know it would be so stupid.

Dexo posted:

Scoffing for Goff.

Parmesan Basil
Nov 12, 2008

TIME IS THE FIRE IN WHICH WE BURN THE GAME CLOCK

Dexo posted:

Scoffing for Goff.

Boff for Goff, if you ask me

Filthy Casual
Aug 13, 2014

Parmesan Basil posted:

Boff for Goff, if you ask me

Goof for Goff.

His O-line can be the Goff Trough.

Fenrir
Apr 26, 2005

I found my kendo stick, bitch!

Lipstick Apathy
As bad as the Bears are, I don't think they're bad enough to even go 2-14. In fact, I don't think anyone will this year. The worst record will be at least 3-4 wins unless something horrible happens. Like, more horrible than the Cutler injury.

Now if Forte were to also get hurt while Cutler's still out, yeah the Bears could lose 14 games. Other than that, uh. I mean maybe the Bucs? That team is hot garbage and could still win 3 or 4 more games and end up at least 5-11. In fact, I think 5-11 was my prediction for them this year.

Fenrir fucked around with this message at 12:17 on Oct 3, 2015

Pity Party Animal
Jul 23, 2006
I want to be a Bears fan. I've genuinely enjoyed watching Bears games; watching as a Broncos fan, of course.

But what the gently caress Bears. You hired the Coach that poo poo Cutler on you. A Coach with a history of conflict with said poo poo. The Coach who's last team was Peyton Manning's Fantasy Football Head Coaching Experience - presented by DraftKings. A Coach who gets fired after 4 years of consecutive play-off appearances. I hope you're backing him up with a good GM, at least!

quote:

In 2015, Pace was offered an interview for the general manager position by the New York Jets, but declined. He was later interviewed by the Chicago Bears for the general manager position on January 7, and was hired the next day. At 37 years of age at the time of his hiring, Pace is the youngest general manager in the NFL.

This is a why the gently caress not season. A WDGAF season. A legalized gambling season. gently caress this season, 0-16 for GOFF in 2016

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Fox didn't trade Cutler to the Bears, that was McDaniels.

GNU Order
Feb 28, 2011

That's a paddlin'

Fenrir posted:

As bad as the Bears are, I don't think they're bad enough to even go 2-14. In fact, I don't think anyone will this year. The worst record will be at least 3-4 wins unless something horrible happens. Like, more horrible than the Cutler injury.

Now if Forte were to also get hurt while Cutler's still out, yeah the Bears could lose 14 games. Other than that, uh. I mean maybe the Bucs? That team is hot garbage and could still win 3 or 4 more games and end up at least 5-11. In fact, I think 5-11 was my prediction for them this year.

If forte gets hurt then you may as well place the the 0-16 crown on our heads now.

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

GNU Order posted:

If forte gets hurt then you may as well place the the 0-16 crown on our heads now.

Just trade forte already :smith:

GNU Order
Feb 28, 2011

That's a paddlin'

Darth123123 posted:

Just trade forte already :smith:

I used to feel bad about guys like MJD or McFadden, great RB's who wasted away on awful teams. That'll never happen to Matt Forte, I thought

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

GNU Order posted:

I used to feel bad about guys like MJD or McFadden, great RB's who wasted away on awful teams. That'll never happen to Matt Forte, I thought

Great RBs like McFadden, yes.

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

FizFashizzle posted:

Great RBs like McFadden, yes.

for two years he was great

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling
yeah he was definitely great at Arkansas, don't know what happened to him in the NFL. Injuries probably. Has he ever topped 800 yards rushing?

Fenrir
Apr 26, 2005

Lipstick Apathy

Pron on VHS posted:

yeah he was definitely great at Arkansas, don't know what happened to him in the NFL. Injuries probably. Has he ever topped 800 yards rushing?

He could have run for 10k yards in the NFL if his body wasn't literally made of loving glass.

The guy just can't stay healthy. It never helped that he's just too tall and lanky to be a NFL RB, and he runs upright at 6'2, so his legs are always getting destroyed.

Basically he's the Chad Pennington of running backs. Could have been incredible, made of loving glass.

Fenrir fucked around with this message at 16:30 on Oct 3, 2015

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Pron on VHS posted:

he was averaging drat near 200 total yards a game in 2009 and 2010. Never came close to staying healthy for a full season though.

Athanatos
Jun 7, 2006

Est. 1967
If the Bears look serviceable vs the Raiders, they can get some wins this season. If the Raiders make them look silly...they are in trouble. They played 3 really good teams so far, if they at least dont play their next 4 games close, there only chance at a win is at the Bucs late in the season.

Fenrir
Apr 26, 2005

Lipstick Apathy

Volkerball posted:

he was averaging drat near 200 total yards a game in 2009 and 2010. Never came close to staying healthy for a full season though.

Yeah the closest he got was 2010.

In only 13 games he had 1600 yards from scrimmage and 10 TDs. Imagine that kind of pace if he could have ever stayed healthy...

He could have been amazing.

defaultluser
Jan 13, 2007

The person can drink sake for the following five reasons. First of all, for the national holiday. Moreover, it fills with the nectar. Finally, for reasons. Next, to heal the dryness of the place. After that, to refuse the future
Fun Shoe
So my Ravens have managed to dig their way out of 0-16, but with Perriman completely out for the season with a glass knee, , and Steve Smith's broken ribs, we'll be lucky to win four more.

So can somebody please shine some light on my season? Is there perhaps an Ed Reed replacement in the 2016 draft we can suck hardcore for?

I'll even be gracious, and settle for a Troy Polamalu-caliber safety :D

We're getting owned downfield, and the corners can't shut down that end of the field on their own.

defaultluser fucked around with this message at 18:38 on Oct 3, 2015

warcrimes
Jul 6, 2013

I don't know what's it called, I just know the sound it makes when it takes a J4G's life. :parrot: :parrot: :parrot: :parrot:
Bears actually have a pretty decent defense, at least better than the final scores indicate. If Cutler plays tomorrow and they can keep his pocket clean, it'll be a tough game for the Raiders who I still think are a 6-10/7-9 team. Oakland is getting Jelly Ellis(All Rookie team DL) back and the Bears are missing a couple o-linemen, including their LT, so Cutler needs to be at 100% or it's going to be a long day as the Raiders found their pass rush last week.

Emanuel Collective
Jan 16, 2008

by Smythe

Athanatos posted:

If the Bears look serviceable vs the Raiders, they can get some wins this season. If the Raiders make them look silly...they are in trouble. They played 3 really good teams so far, if they at least dont play their next 4 games close, there only chance at a win is at the Bucs late in the season.

The Radiers are quietly building a good team. Carr/Cooper/Crabtree are a formidable trio and Khalil Mack is starting to play like he's capable of. They still have Jelly Ellis. Del Rio is a mediocre coach but he can still put together a quality defense.

warcrimes posted:

Bears actually have a pretty decent defense, at least better than the final scores indicate.

The Bears need to build a pipeline of money to Vic Fangio's house. The fact that he's making this defense look competent is a miracle.

beejay
Apr 7, 2002

Lu Yan posted:

I want to be a Bears fan. I've genuinely enjoyed watching Bears games; watching as a Broncos fan, of course.

But what the gently caress Bears. You hired the Coach that poo poo Cutler on you. A Coach with a history of conflict with said poo poo. The Coach who's last team was Peyton Manning's Fantasy Football Head Coaching Experience - presented by DraftKings. A Coach who gets fired after 4 years of consecutive play-off appearances. I hope you're backing him up with a good GM, at least!

This is a why the gently caress not season. A WDGAF season. A legalized gambling season. gently caress this season, 0-16 for GOFF in 2016

Where'd you copy and paste this amazing bullshit from?

SlipUp
Sep 30, 2006

stayin c o o l

defaultluser posted:

So my Ravens have managed to dig their way out of 0-16, but with Perriman completely out for the season with a glass knee, , and Steve Smith's broken ribs, we'll be lucky to win four more.

So can somebody please shine some light on my season? Is there perhaps an Ed Reed replacement in the 2016 draft we can suck hardcore for?

I'll even be gracious, and settle for a Troy Polamalu-caliber safety :D

We're getting owned downfield, and the corners can't shut down that end of the field on their own.

Hope you're ready for the Brown, Givens, and Waller experience.

It's crazy, we had no receiving options outside of SSS this year, even so him and the four guys after him all got hurt.

We are scraping the bottom of the barrel here.

Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.
Niners are going to pick first overall in a year with a great QB prospect from Cal and get it right this time

If I keep saying it, it's gonna happen

warcrimes
Jul 6, 2013

I don't know what's it called, I just know the sound it makes when it takes a J4G's life. :parrot: :parrot: :parrot: :parrot:

Grozz Nuy posted:

Niners are going to pick first overall in a year with a great QB prospect from Cal and get it right this time

It would be awesome if you guys get Goff

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

warcrimes posted:

It would be awesome if you guys get Goff

i want to get goff

warcrimes
Jul 6, 2013

R.D. Mangles posted:

i want to get goff

You're one of my favorite posters and your sports grief spurs your best work, you can't have nice things, sorry.

Also, don't die. goddammit.

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Grozz Nuy posted:

You'll pick the QB from Utah instead.

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Winner of Something Awful PS5 thread's Posting Excellence Award June 2022

Congratulations!

Volkerball posted:

You'll pick the QB from Utah instead.

The Bears will tank their way to the #1 overall pick and... trade it for Manziel.

defaultluser
Jan 13, 2007

The person can drink sake for the following five reasons. First of all, for the national holiday. Moreover, it fills with the nectar. Finally, for reasons. Next, to heal the dryness of the place. After that, to refuse the future
Fun Shoe

SlipUp posted:

Hope you're ready for the Brown, Givens, and Waller experience.

It's crazy, we had no receiving options outside of SSS this year, even so him and the four guys after him all got hurt.

We are scraping the bottom of the barrel here.

I'm still hopeful this is a one time thing for Perriman. If he can have a real rookie season next year, and we can draft another talent like Torry in the second round, that leaves us the first for d.

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP

BGrifter posted:

The Bears will tank their way to the #1 overall pick and... trade it for Manziel.

tbf he's probably better than any QB in this upcoming draft.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
Cutty's in baby. Lets do this poo poo.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

Dexo posted:

Cutty's in baby. Lets do this poo poo.

good, get hosed you dumb babyhead useless notredame pickle rear end in a top hat.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

R.D. Mangles posted:

good, get hosed you dumb babyhead useless notredame pickle rear end in a top hat.

Remember what happened last time Cutty played on an injured leg. Suh came in and killed him again. Only this time we don't have a McCown to throw at the situation.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

Dexo posted:

Remember what happened last time Cutty played on an injured leg. Suh came in and killed him again. Only this time we don't have a McCown to throw at the situation.

Anyone But Clausen

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

R.D. Mangles posted:

Anyone But Clausen

Todd Collins.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Volkerball posted:

the oakland raiders are favorites for the first time in 27 games.

Speaking for a team known for their humiliating fuckups, this makes me way more nervous than it should

GNU Order
Feb 28, 2011

That's a paddlin'

I forgot how much better this offense looks with Jay. Maybe there is hope :unsmith:

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Chokes McGee posted:

Speaking for a team known for their humiliating fuckups, this makes me way more nervous than it should

same, and with how this thread was born, we're asking to get blown out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Emanuel Collective
Jan 16, 2008

by Smythe
lol @ all the gamblers who put money on Oakland before finding out Cutler would start

• Locked thread