Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
beanieson
Sep 25, 2008

I had the opportunity to change literally anything about the world and I used it to get a new av

ActusRhesus posted:

nah. I've got a pretty sweet one. and a card that says I am authorized to do poo poo involving justice...I should probably actually read it and see what it says. Not really good for much other than scaring tailgaters and making temp prosecutors feel inadequate.

The more punches on my card & I get a free smoothie.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Whip Slagcheek
Sep 21, 2008

Finally
The Gasoline And Dynamite
Will Light The Sky
For The Night

Rad Lieutenant posted:

I just punch the cashier and take the smoothie. :confused:

Bernard McFacknutah
Nov 13, 2009
Finally a protest I can get behind

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...rn-violent.html

I get half price Nando's chicken, now that might not mean much to American cops, but as fast food goes it's pretty loving fantastic.

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

yeah nando's is pretty good no joke

i can't decide if i hate the idea of a shop selling bowls of cereal or a bunch of retards protesting said shop more

bernard why weren't you there cracking heads

Bernard McFacknutah
Nov 13, 2009
I was dealing with a similar smaller protest about 4 miles south. No real trouble, just a whole bunch of people angry that they can't get a free house anymore. They smashed a few windows in a chained estate agency while the despicable cunts inside inflamed the situation by waving £20 notes.

For the record that hipster cereal shop and all the dumb retro shops around it are incredibly smug and have been asking for a kick in the teeth for a while. They do dumb poo poo like appeal premises (liquor) licenses at bars and shops en masse and then buy the leases when the council take the tenant's booze license.

3 Shifts left before I go on holiday and my warrant is removed.

Eugene V. Dubstep
Oct 4, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 8 years!

Rad Lieutenant posted:

I like bullying teenage cashiers into giving me multiple stamps on rewards cards for bullshit reasons like "if I were at McDonald's this would be the cost of THREE meals!" It's gotten to be kind of a hobby.

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

Bernard McFacknutah posted:

I was dealing with a similar smaller protest about 4 miles south. No real trouble, just a whole bunch of people angry that they can't get a free house anymore. They smashed a few windows in a chained estate agency while the despicable cunts inside inflamed the situation by waving £20 notes.

For the record that hipster cereal shop and all the dumb retro shops around it are incredibly smug and have been asking for a kick in the teeth for a while. They do dumb poo poo like appeal premises (liquor) licenses at bars and shops en masse and then buy the leases when the council take the tenant's booze license.

3 Shifts left before I go on holiday and my warrant is removed.

i was watching game of thrones and the fight with the mountain made me think of gip's own mountain

how many skulls do you smash a day

Branis
Apr 14, 2006
The irish are good at 2 things bernard, copping and dying for the empire. You can't quit on us now you filthy mud blood

Bernard McFacknutah
Nov 13, 2009

Two Finger posted:

i was watching game of thrones and the fight with the mountain made me think of gip's own mountain

Not enough, sadly. Although I've broken a few legs and arms in the last 4 years.

If I quit and we have another Summer of Riots next year I will commit seppuku.

goatsestretchgoals
Jun 4, 2011

Two Finger posted:

i preferred the alternate version of that fight

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

buttcoinbrony posted:

i preferred the alternate version of that fight

That rules

Branis
Apr 14, 2006
Dude is awesome in narcos too

Lovable Luciferian
Jul 10, 2007

Flashing my onyx masonic ring at 5 cent wing n trivia night at Dinglers Sports Bar - Ozma
I've been interested in law enforcement for a long time, particularly as a Probation Officer, though I'm also interested in the Police, and while I'd like to work in this capacity I think I may have something that will just automatically disqualify me (Especially in California I'm willing to bet.)

I take medication for depression and anxiety. I've been on these medications for 15+ years with no changes. I am stable, I haven't had any sort of episode (like a serious bout of depression or anxiety attack) in over a decade. That said, if I don't take my medication I do feel miserable so just dropping them isn't a good option.

Am I just poo poo out of luck and need to find a rewarding career in basket weaving or something?

Thanks for taking the time to read and answer this.

beanieson
Sep 25, 2008

I had the opportunity to change literally anything about the world and I used it to get a new av
Switch from pills to booze and you'll fit right in.

Branis
Apr 14, 2006
california standards are set here: https://post.ca.gov/overview-selection-standards.aspx

obviously there is a psychological component to the hiring process. If you have a therapist or a doctor it might be worth discussing with them if they think you would be a suitable candidate based on the facts of your situation.

Whip Slagcheek
Sep 21, 2008

Finally
Will Light The Sky
For The Night

Chronic mental health issues are a hairy area with pre-employment, especially if you have noticeable effects when you don't get your medicine on time.

The best any of us can probably tell you is to give it a shot, be truthful, and see what happens. Each department has their own standards so what's unacceptable to one might be completely ok with another.

The Shep
Jan 10, 2007

If found, please return this poster to GIP. His mothers are very worried and miss him very much.
Some probation officers in my state are basically office workers, they don't carry guns or wear uniforms or go out into the field (except specialized units like home monitoring, high risk, etc.). They conduct phone interviews and bring people in for face to face evaluations and drug tests to ensure compliance. If it's similar in your state, that might be an easier route to go than policing, though you have nothing to lose by giving it a shot either way. I suspect your biggest hurdle will be the psychological testing.

Rad Lieutenant posted:

Switch from pills to booze and you'll fit right in.

Don't do this.

Lovable Luciferian
Jul 10, 2007

Flashing my onyx masonic ring at 5 cent wing n trivia night at Dinglers Sports Bar - Ozma

Cop gay. So What posted:

Some probation officers in my state are basically office workers, they don't carry guns or wear uniforms or go out into the field (except specialized units like home monitoring, high risk, etc.). They conduct phone interviews and bring people in for face to face evaluations and drug tests to ensure compliance. If it's similar in your state, that might be an easier route to go than policing, though you have nothing to lose by giving it a shot either way. I suspect your biggest hurdle will be the psychological testing.

Don't do this.

From what I understand in California it varies by county. Some counties are super copish and some are social workers with badges. Please correct me if I'm wrong.

And yes I wont do that.

Whip Slagcheek
Sep 21, 2008

Finally
Will Light The Sky
For The Night

Yeah probation work can vary wildly from area to area.

Kase Im Licht
Jan 26, 2001
I never had any kind of medical exam to do probation/parole. Drug testing didn't cover anxiety meds and with a prescription it would've been a non-issue anyway. We were the "social workers with badges" variety.

Lovable Luciferian
Jul 10, 2007

Kase Im Licht posted:

I never had any kind of medical exam to do probation/parole. Drug testing didn't cover anxiety meds and with a prescription it would've been a non-issue anyway. We were the "social workers with badges" variety.

Were you sworn? I think CA makes a massive deal about being sworn vs. non-sworn (maybe it's like that everywhere, I don't know.) Probation seem like a great fit for me but if it doesn't pan out maybe I should go for a LCSW or something.

Grem
Mar 29, 2004

It's how her species communicates

This is stills the drunk thread right? Celebrating a friends birthday and I really miss you guys!

Whip Slagcheek
Sep 21, 2008

Finally
Will Light The Sky
For The Night

Grem posted:

This is stills the drunk thread right? Celebrating a friends birthday and I really miss you guys!

No one likes teachers

beanieson
Sep 25, 2008

Whip Slagcheek posted:

No one likes teachers

Rude

Branis
Apr 14, 2006
public education is a sinking ship and charter schools are shitholes run by for profit scum, jump ship and go back to cop work. Alternatively, gay marry a canadian and get on sweet government bennies for life.

Grem
Mar 29, 2004

gently caress that, public education is more like Jesus than cops and I'm nothing if not Godly.

GunForumMeme
Apr 22, 2010
All the cool kids hang the belt up to get a job in the private sector.

Grem
Mar 29, 2004

Oh man I must have been really drunk I don't even like Jesus.

Water777
Mar 19, 2015

Bernard McFacknutah posted:

Finally a protest I can get behind

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...rn-violent.html

I get half price Nando's chicken, now that might not mean much to American cops, but as fast food goes it's pretty loving fantastic.

might be late but that artical is shite but funny

DrakeriderCa
Feb 3, 2005

But I'm a real cowboy!

Branis posted:

Alternatively, gay marry a canadian and get on sweet government bennies for life.

;-*

Groveling Toast
Jun 2, 2008

Grem posted:

Oh man I must have been really drunk I don't even like Jesus.

Need a thread title change here

brand engager
Mar 23, 2011

Finally

beanieson
Sep 25, 2008

Weird

Smiling Jack
Dec 2, 2001

I sucked a dick for bus fare and then I walked home.

Hail satan

Mike-o
Dec 25, 2004

Now I'm in your room
And I'm in your bed

Grimey Drawer

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XOibIxl3dLo

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UbzUTRAUac4

tyler
Jun 2, 2014

DrakeriderCa
Feb 3, 2005

But I'm a real cowboy!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Shep
Jan 10, 2007

If found, please return this poster to GIP. His mothers are very worried and miss him very much.

• Locked thread