Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Zeppelin Insanity
Oct 28, 2009

Wahnsinn
Einfach
Wahnsinn
I'm still annoyed that the cool Anders thing (that was named closer to fire support vehicle than tank) that looked like an actual vehicle got cancelled in favour of wannabe Command & Conquer tank. Because that's blatantly going to get cancelled before it enters production.

Also, Polish people are really weird about the idea of Polish military superiority. No one seems to think that Poland has a decent military. Everyone in Poland seems to either think it's atrocious or nearly nonexistant, or it's the best thing ever and could totally conquer the whole world you guys. Then they masturbate furiously over the KTO Rosomak.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

Zeppelin Insanity posted:

Also, Polish people are really weird about the idea of Polish military superiority. No one seems to think that Poland has a decent military. Everyone in Poland seems to either think it's atrocious or nearly nonexistant, or it's the best thing ever and could totally conquer the whole world you guys. Then they masturbate furiously over the KTO Rosomak.

So they're just like the rest of us then. Maybe we should've invested in them after all :(

PenguinScotty
Nov 13, 2012

Hotpants Icecream

Pimpmust posted:

So far I've not only spotted XM1s, but two Challenger 1s out there :ohdear:

And man, the Chieftain gun is possibly a nerf gun. Even the upgraded Sabot is bloody useless against the hordes of MBT70. HESH *pew* 56-113 dmg *pew*

Might just go back to the T-64 and get me a T-72... but on the upside I rarely die in the Chief unless I accidentally bump into half the enemy team out in the open and eat 2 ATGMs before I can take cover.

Tier 5 is in a weird spot since not many people have T5 unlocked yet. I get dumped into either T3/4 games or have to slug through T6 matches.

And yeah, i've seen a LOT of Chieftains, but no Leos or XM1s, even another T-72, i have yet to spot. Wonder why people are going for Chieftains? Guess Armor is the big draw.

ChickenWyngz
Apr 3, 2015

Got them WMD's! Got that Pandemic!
The irish army just has scorpions so I dont even need to grind as hard as everyone else to roleplay my nation :guinness:

Deutsch Nozzle
Mar 29, 2008

#1 Macklemore fan

Zeppelin Insanity posted:

They yearn for the good ol days of the Polish-Lithuanian Commonwealth. When Poland actually mattered.

MeatloafCat
Apr 10, 2007
I can't think of anything to put here.

Dandywalken posted:

Is there a number limit for clan members before its capped out? I wont be joining til the 8th probably :ohdear:

We have 33 right now, so it should be quite a while before we see 100, if it is capped.

xthetenth
Dec 30, 2012

Mario wasn't sure if this Jeb guy was a good influence on Yoshi.

PenguinScotty posted:

Tier 5 is in a weird spot since not many people have T5 unlocked yet. I get dumped into either T3/4 games or have to slug through T6 matches.

And yeah, i've seen a LOT of Chieftains, but no Leos or XM1s, even another T-72, i have yet to spot. Wonder why people are going for Chieftains? Guess Armor is the big draw.

Chieftain is a five that takes a tier five amount of xp to get through. It unlocks a seven.

PenguinScotty
Nov 13, 2012

Hotpants Icecream

xthetenth posted:

Chieftain is a five that takes a tier five amount of xp to get through. It unlocks a seven.

That makes sense... Darn, maybe i should've gone for that instead.

C.M. Kruger
Oct 28, 2013
Chieftain is also unlocked by bouncing damage with the Yellow dealer's tanks, which is pretty easy with the Soviet Soup Bowls.

I'm hoping when they add French tanks, they'll include a AMX-13 Harpoon, which is a regular AMX-13/75 carrying anti-tank missiles.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n8M6UfHeBhw

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

I want the amx 13/90

Also when it has to reload I hope some dudes climb out of the tank and get to work.

Is the obj 155 tied to a dealer?

BadLlama fucked around with this message at 23:56 on Oct 3, 2015

ChickenWyngz
Apr 3, 2015

Anybody need an EU invite rn?

PenguinScotty
Nov 13, 2012

Hotpants Icecream

BadLlama posted:

Is the obj 155 tied to a dealer?

Ney. The Object 155, Expeditionary Tank and Terminator are not tied to a dealer right now. Another way you can see is in the garage window, every Vic has a background and they have the dealers logo in it. Those three don't, so they don't count towards unlocking goals.

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

PenguinScotty posted:

Ney. The Object 155, Expeditionary Tank and Terminator are not tied to a dealer right now. Another way you can see is in the garage window, every Vic has a background and they have the dealers logo in it. Those three don't, so they don't count towards unlocking goals.

That's lame. The amx 10p 90 is pretty loving amazing FYI bros.

ndub
Jun 9, 2007

What the gently caress is chai? Besides a kind of tea. Half the time pubbies salute me at the start of the game, half the time they call me various racial slurs

Juchero
Feb 15, 2008

Wedge Regret
I need a US invite, name in game is Yggy.

So far, the T1-2 tanks are more fun than I've had in a tank game since the early days of the war thunder ground combat beta.

Dezztroy
Dec 28, 2012
Any Europeans play on the NA servers? Does the latency matter?

e: Turns out the answer is "Yes, absolutely". Why do people put their servers on the west coast?

Dezztroy fucked around with this message at 04:59 on Oct 4, 2015

Magni
Apr 29, 2009

PenguinScotty posted:

It's easier to unlock than other T5s if you abuse PVE bot behaviour with one of the soviet MBTs - you can just corner a bot and let it continously bounce shots off your front for an extended time to grind up the bounced damage.

Magni fucked around with this message at 03:57 on Oct 4, 2015

Hammerstein
May 6, 2005

YOU DON'T KNOW A DAMN THING ABOUT RACING !
I guess in the long run this game will feature a lot more interesting vehicles than WoT. There's so much hardware available nowadays and I guess some day we might get to see the Israeli Merkava tank, the Japanese Type 10, the Indian Arjuna II and a lot of other fancy stuff and it's really fun to see vehicles from other nations instead of just US, Russians and NATO. Even my tiny country with it's useless army has developed an interesting IFV (together with Spain) with the Ascod.

Hammerstein fucked around with this message at 03:42 on Oct 4, 2015

Sarmhan
Nov 1, 2011

The dealer system makes it so much easier for them to include random one-offs of interest as well as normal 'trees'.

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot

sarmhan posted:

The dealer system makes it so much easier for them to include random one-offs of interest as well as normal 'trees'.

pretty sure taht is one of the big reasons why they went that way. the traditional tech tree a la WoT seems to be a giant headache for WG when they want to implement new tanks.

MeatloafCat
Apr 10, 2007
Anyone know where screenshots are stored? Also while looking for screenshots I noticed that the "Distrib" folder holds 19gb of files but doesn't seem to do anything? My AW beta folder is 22gb so I can't imagine I need the other folder.

PenguinScotty
Nov 13, 2012

Hotpants Icecream

MeatloafCat posted:

Anyone know where screenshots are stored? Also while looking for screenshots I noticed that the "Distrib" folder holds 19gb of files but doesn't seem to do anything? My AW beta folder is 22gb so I can't imagine I need the other folder.

I think standard the screens are saved in c:/Users/Username/Saved Games/ArmoredWarfare/User/ScreenShots

The 19 gig file is the install file. It's just there in case you uninstall the game and want to reinstall it without having to download the whole thing again. Honestly, not much point in keeping it.

MeatloafCat
Apr 10, 2007
Thanks, I've got it on a smallish SSD so no reason to waste 20gb.

I wanted to know about the screen shot folder so I could share this fine upstanding AW player with everyone (the second name on the list).

Ferrovanadium
Mar 22, 2013

APEX PREDATOR

-MOST AMMUNITION EXPENDED ON CIVILIANS 2015-PRESENT
-WORST KDR VS CIVILIANS 2015-PRESENT

MeatloafCat posted:

I wanted to know about the screen shot folder so I could share this fine upstanding AW player with everyone (the second name on the list).

It's nice to see that the nazis are branching out, and not limiting themselves quite as much to only WWII games these days.

cheese
Jan 7, 2004

Shop around for doctors! Always fucking shop for doctors. Doctors are stupid assholes. And they get by because people are cowed by their mystical bullshit quality of being able to maintain a 3.0 GPA at some Guatemalan medical college for 3 semesters. Find one that makes sense.
I've been going up the Russian MBT line (because russia) but are there any lines or tanks that stand out as especially good?

PenguinScotty
Nov 13, 2012

Hotpants Icecream

cheese posted:

I've been going up the Russian MBT line (because russia) but are there any lines or tanks that stand out as especially good?

Personally, if we're talking MBTs, the M1A1 is really good as is the T-90. Leopard 1 is really fun but they start getting a bit weaker later on when compared to the T-90 and M1A1, for example. Ariete has been pretty iffy.

I also greatly enjoyed the M1128 and Ramka-99. For more early-on stuff, the Dragoon 300-90 and XM800s are fun.

Going to push down to the T-90 first, however, and then i'll decide which line to go down next. Thinking i'll grind the M109 and Gvosdika for the two Commanders, but man Arty in PvE is poop...

TPSDude
Apr 7, 2011

Tank Goon
The XM1 is a good tank.

ChickenWyngz
Apr 3, 2015

BadLlama posted:

That's lame. The amx 10p 90 is pretty loving amazing FYI bros.

I bought it based on this comment and having all that founders gold.

Holy poo poo, thank you.

El_Molestadore
Apr 2, 2005

Time to die hero
I'd like an EU invite. IGN bulbaros

Dezztroy
Dec 28, 2012
I'd love an NA invite, IGN is Dezztroy.

When upgrades mention "Targeting time", is that basically the same as aim speed?

Stevefin
Sep 30, 2013

I think I am out till two weeks time. My client is stuck on a loop of authenticating before entering the garage with the forums saying it is very random, and it might randomly fix its self short of re downloading the loving game for the 5th time.

Raged
Jul 21, 2003

A revolution of beats
Just got into my T-72(tier 5) and really am liking it. Also I absolutely love the PvE missions. When I get a new tank I play PvE first to get used to it and knock out some unlocks. If I have a bad run of PvP I'll blow off steam in PvE. It's a great addition the the genre and I imagine Obsidian has a bunch of stuff they are going to add to it.

For grinding out cash the Expeditionary Tank is too much fun.

ChickenWyngz
Apr 3, 2015

Dezztroy posted:

I'd love an NA invite, IGN is Dezztroy.

When upgrades mention "Targeting time", is that basically the same as aim speed?

Invite sent

Pimpmust
Oct 1, 2008

Chieftain
KD: 41:59
DR: 37:63
WR: 57%

T-62
KD: 58:42
DR: 52:48
WR: 57%

:iiam:
(It's the gun, the guuuun)

Pimpmust fucked around with this message at 13:23 on Oct 4, 2015

Dezztroy
Dec 28, 2012
Are all the commanders trash? Only the starter lady and founder guy seem like they've got skills a person would want. Haven't unlocked any except the Russian guy and he seems absolutely useless.

Invite accepted, thanks!

DagPenge
Jun 4, 2011

Looks like our civilians are fine, thank god for the capitalist spirit!
Could I get an invite to the EU clan, IGN DagPenge

spiky butthole
May 5, 2014
INV to NA please as cptfisty.

Been playing this a few days now and I cannot get enough of it as it is so much more rewarding than WoT.

Filthy scum
Jul 7, 2003

DagPenge posted:

Could I get an invite to the EU clan, IGN DagPenge

Sent!

demonR6
Sep 4, 2012

There are too many stupid people in the world. I'm not saying we should kill them all or anything. Just take the warning labels off of everything and let the problem solve itself.

Lipstick Apathy

ndub posted:

What the gently caress is chai? Besides a kind of tea. Half the time pubbies salute me at the start of the game, half the time they call me various racial slurs

This is the beauty of sniping the clan name right out from under the rug of a well known WoT clan. People who don't know you from a hole in the ground either assume you are a skilled WN8 farmer who deserves praise or dislike you because you are an Asian dude who hides in the back of the map.

What we need to try next is how well we can make some of these people follow ridiculous orders because of the clan tag.

You, you and you go that way, you two go over there and the rest pile into city. I'll sit back here and snipe kills. Ready, on three, break!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

spiky butthole
May 5, 2014
Double post as bad.

spiky butthole fucked around with this message at 17:38 on Oct 4, 2015

• Locked thread