Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Harold Fjord
Jan 3, 2004
Was that Xorn at the end of E4E supposed to be Nathan Grey?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Caper
Feb 20, 2005

Fallen Rib

Senor Candle posted:

No we were just making jokes. The artist is taking forever and causing pretty big delays but it seems like Marvel is sticking with him

Worth it IMO. I'm patient.

redbackground posted:

No? He fell in with UltReed (and back with the Cabal) just before the final incursion and now he, the rest of the Cabal and the other 616 survivors have been blown to the winds of Battleworld by Strange.

Oh yes I remember that. But was Black Bolt among the 616 survivors?
Also if you wrote the fake solicit synopsis of Secret Wars #9 :lol: That was good dude

Caper fucked around with this message at 20:14 on Oct 1, 2015

Starsnostars
Jan 17, 2009

The Master of Magnetism
The preview for Secret Wars #6 is up.

http://comicbook.com/2015/10/01/exclusive-marvel-preview-secret-wars-6/

Corvus and Proxima managed to find each other only to get beaten up :(

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

You'll hit your head and say: 'Boy, how stupid could I have been. A moron could've figured this out. I must be a real dimwit. A pathetic nimnal. A wretched idiotic excuse for a human being for not having figured these simple puzzles out in the first place...As usual, you've been a real pantload!
That cover of Thanos vs Marvel Zombies is excellent.

redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer
Kind-of minispoilers for the end of Secret Wars in the AN-AD Point One Preview at that site (and I assume elsewhere)--just fyi.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

redbackground posted:

Kind-of minispoilers for the end of Secret Wars in the AN-AD Point One Preview at that site (and I assume elsewhere)--just fyi.

How mini? Is it the fate of someone specifically or a statement about how SW ends?

redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

How mini? Is it the fate of someone specifically or a statement about how SW ends?

It involves the ultimate fate of Battleworld.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

I think anyone that read the solicit for Contest of Champions pretty much already knew it.

BrianWilly
Apr 24, 2007

There is no homosexual terrorist Johnny Silverhand
Siege #4 preview.

:allears:

redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer
Well that didn't go as I expected.

Sidenote: I have been absolutely loving the main artist on this mini.

Mat Cauthon
Jan 2, 2006

The more tragic things get,
the more I feel like laughing.

Goddamn that looks good.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
Guess that confirms that its 616 Thanos.

wiegieman
Apr 22, 2010

Royalty is a continuous cutting motion

Aw jeez Thanos is ahead of everybody. He'll just talk the whole drat wall into helping him.

El Tortuga
Apr 27, 2007

ˇTerrible es el Guerrero de Tortuga!

twistedmentat posted:

Guess that confirms that its 616 Thanos.

I thought that was a given?

What I'm curious about is if the Infinity Gauntlet tie-in Thanos will meet up with 616 Thanos.

Harold Fjord
Jan 3, 2004
If he does it'll just be to get jobbed.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

El Tortuga posted:

I thought that was a given?

What I'm curious about is if the Infinity Gauntlet tie-in Thanos will meet up with 616 Thanos.

It was suspected, but not 100%.

SirDan3k
Jan 6, 2001

Trust me, you are taking this a lot more seriously then I am.

Nevvy Z posted:

If he does it'll just be to get jobbed.

Nah 616 will get jobbed so Starlin can dedicate his next Thanos mini to how it was totally not jobbing but a secret plan to prove he was the bestest Thanos and how there was a double secret good enough to fool the Watcher and Beyonders and Eternity Thanos bot losing another fight to squirrel girl somewhere.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

SirDan3k posted:

Nah 616 will get jobbed so Starlin can dedicate his next Thanos mini to how it was totally not jobbing but a secret plan to prove he was the bestest Thanos and how there was a double secret good enough to fool the Watcher and Beyonders and Eternity Thanos bot losing another fight to squirrel girl somewhere.

The Thanos thing with Squirrel Girl was already undone, by the same writer that wrote the story. BSS Favorite Dan Slott.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

twistedmentat posted:

It was suspected, but not 100%.

They showed 616 Thanos at the wall at the end of Secret War 5

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

bobkatt013 posted:

They showed 616 Thanos at the wall at the end of Secret War 5

I thought just a Thanos walked out of the deadlands and it wasn't clear if it was. I may be remembering it wrong.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

twistedmentat posted:

I thought just a Thanos walked out of the deadlands and it wasn't clear if it was. I may be remembering it wrong.

It was right after they showed Strange teleporting people to different parts of Battleworld.

bobkatt013 fucked around with this message at 06:46 on Oct 4, 2015

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

bobkatt013 posted:

It was right after they showed Strange teleporting people to different parts of Battleworld.

Ah I completely forgot about that part.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

X-O posted:

The Thanos thing with Squirrel Girl was already undone, by the same writer that wrote the story. BSS Favorite Dan Slott.

Confirmed by Tippy Toe!

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

Wonder when they'll realize that joke has been run into the ground?

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

I'm not loyal to anything, General... except the dream.
It's good, actually.

How Wonderful!
Jul 18, 2006

I only have excellent ideas
I wonder how many times it's actually been brought up on-page rather than just circulating around the internet. Surely it can't be that many? Who's used Squirrel Girl extensively between Slott and the new series?

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

You'll hit your head and say: 'Boy, how stupid could I have been. A moron could've figured this out. I must be a real dimwit. A pathetic nimnal. A wretched idiotic excuse for a human being for not having figured these simple puzzles out in the first place...As usual, you've been a real pantload!
If anything Thanos will meet himself, they'll both stroke their chins in contemplation staring at one another. Then nod at one another, do the fusion dance and walk off as Super Thanos.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?

Defiance Industries posted:

Wonder when they'll realize that joke has been run into the ground?

When people stop purchasing Squirrel Girl comic books with their money because they enjoy her a lot. :)

Unmature
May 9, 2008

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

When people stop purchasing Squirrel Girl comic books with their money because they enjoy her a lot. :)

So, never, because she and that series are the greatest.

Mulva
Sep 13, 2011
It's about time for my once per decade ban for being a consistently terrible poster.

Archyduke posted:

I wonder how many times it's actually been brought up on-page rather than just circulating around the internet. Surely it can't be that many? Who's used Squirrel Girl extensively between Slott and the new series?

Like twice counting that picture.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

Archyduke posted:

She brought it up when she was interviewing to be the Avenger babysitter.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

"Do you want to talk to a spider, Peter?"

The Squirrel Girl from Secret Love is winning a date with Thor instead of kicking Doom's rear end and making it Squirrelworld. Slacker.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Die Laughing posted:

The Squirrel Girl from Secret Love is winning a date with Thor instead of kicking Doom's rear end and making it Squirrelworld. Slacker.

Uh have you see Thor's abs?

GPTribefan
Jul 2, 2007
Something witty yet inspirational about the Cleveland Indians

PaybackJack posted:

If anything Thanos will meet himself, they'll both stroke their chins in contemplation staring at one another. Then nod at one another, do the fusion dance and walk off as Super Thanos.

STATION!!

Confirmed that Bill & Ted's Excellent Adventures is now canon in the ANMU

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

PaybackJack posted:

They'll do the Fusion Dance wrong a few times and come out as Fat Thanos. :btroll:

graybook
Oct 10, 2011

pinya~
So I think I heard Contest of Champions spoils the end of Secret Wars - should I avoid it for the sake of not wanting to find out much yet, then, if that's the case?
Also, will the Point One issue spoil much about the end of Secret Wars?

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

I'm going to make the bold assumption that Secret Wars ends with Batlleworlds being disbanded and the good guys winning.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Lurdiak posted:

I'm going to make the bold assumption that Secret Wars ends with Batlleworlds being disbanded and the good guys winning.

:lol: if you think Hickman is not going to make Doom the ultimate hero of this story.

Shawn
Feb 6, 2003

I yiffed two people at once and all I got was laughed at.

Lurdiak posted:

Isn't the well known spoiler, already spoiled by the likes of contest of champions and weird mobile games, that after secret wars is over Battleworld still exists. So that assumption is bold.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy

Shawn posted:

Isn't the well known spoiler, already spoiled by the likes of contest of champions and weird mobile games, that after secret wars is over Battleworld still exists. So that assumption is bold.

That would make revisiting certain storylines for a third time super convenient! :v:

• Locked thread