Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Corbae posted:

"Despite humiliation with their early exit from the 2015 Rugby World Cup, England coach Stuart Lancaster believes his new squad has the potential to bounce back from despair and claim the next 6 Nations title."

Not funny.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sneaks McDevious
Jul 29, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

rejutka
May 28, 2004

by zen death robot
It's nice to hear the crowd sing not Swing Low.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
Why are they so loving obsessed with his name?

Sneaks McDevious
Jul 29, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Ireland aren't being very ambitious here I'd have kicked for the corner from that distance

rejutka
May 28, 2004

by zen death robot
This has turned bruising. Go for a try, Ireland, ffs.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer
They're not quite clicking. Not finding the holes that are there. It's all a bit tentative.

I ate about a pint of icecream, so hopefully now my throat will feel ok for another 20 minutes.

rejutka
May 28, 2004

by zen death robot
What flavour?

MyChemicalImbalance
Sep 15, 2007

Keep on smilin'

:unsmith:
Very patient from Ireland so far, too patient almost. I'd like to see them go for the kill instead of bashing it up for 80 minutes.

E: V V had that, agree with your assessment. I myself am snacking on those fish and chips cracker things that came out again recently. They're delightful.

MyChemicalImbalance fucked around with this message at 17:48 on Oct 4, 2015

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer

rejutka posted:

What flavour?

Cadbury's Marvellous Ice Creams Jelly Popping Candy. It was acceptable. The popping candy was a surprisingly good touch, the jelly bits less so. The chocolate & vanilla ice cream was pretty good.

Probably wouldn't buy it again unless it was similarly discounted.

rejutka
May 28, 2004

by zen death robot
Jesus, I will carry you AND the ball, gently caress you.

rejutka
May 28, 2004

by zen death robot
Stop making silly mistakes, Ireland, thank you.

rejutka
May 28, 2004

by zen death robot
Italy deserve that try but it isn't one.

MyChemicalImbalance
Sep 15, 2007

Keep on smilin'

Shows what can happen when you whip the ball out a bit instead of playing inside 10 all the time. Great tackle from POM

Ghost of Mussolini
Jun 26, 2011
This is some poo poo rugby

rejutka
May 28, 2004

by zen death robot
Hi, we're Ireland, we'll nearly get things going then kick the ball away.

DickEmery
Dec 5, 2004
Has anyone other than Australia not been poo poo in this world cup?

MyChemicalImbalance
Sep 15, 2007

Keep on smilin'

Zero chance of Ireland winning anything at this rate. Fancy moves that win gently caress all yards do get boring after a while.

E: Murray's box kick off that Bowe catch was a prime example, first phase off a 30 yard gain and you kick it right back to them thanks Conor.

MyChemicalImbalance fucked around with this message at 18:11 on Oct 4, 2015

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer

DickEmery posted:

Has anyone other than Australia not been poo poo in this world cup?

Japan have been p good.

rejutka
May 28, 2004

by zen death robot
Kinda mean to that water dude.

rejutka
May 28, 2004

by zen death robot
Devin Toner - Paul O'Connell beast mode engage please.

rejutka
May 28, 2004

by zen death robot
Did we just lose?

MyChemicalImbalance
Sep 15, 2007

Keep on smilin'

Yawn Yawn Yawn. Death by a thousand box kicks. I'm sure the All Blacks are shaking in their boots.

rejutka
May 28, 2004

by zen death robot
We did not deserve to win that. Poxy kicking games.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer
That was not a very good game.

Mackers
Jan 16, 2012

Mackers posted:

I wish I was the type of person who could watch these games without that nagging anxiety that we play poo poo and end up on the receiving end of an upset.

And games like that one are why. Jesus christ we nearly lost it, I don't need this stress lads!

forpush
Jan 6, 2006

We don't like it when the city light start fading
When the city lights fading then we can't get down
I just hope that match is enough of a kick up the arse for France next week.

Frazzbo
Feb 2, 2006

Thistle dubh
loving get over it, Inverdale! You lost, now let's concentrate on the good teams.

dex_sda
Oct 11, 2012

Frazzbo posted:

loving get over it, Inverdale! You lost, now let's concentrate on the good teams.

is he still on about that

Sneaks McDevious
Jul 29, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Considering most of ITV's coverage post game was probably planned to be "and how do you think England will fare against either of these teams in a knockout stage?" type stuff I would say get used to more Inverdale

The Clit Avoider
Aug 11, 2002

El Profesional
They'll still be saying that anyway. When any of the SH sides stumble a bit or just scrape through (or even just play another NH side), you'll hear how England might have made them pay there, or if France do well we'll all be reminded of how England were "well ahead of them" in the 6N. Expect to hear about some victory England scraped over New Zealand so far back in the memory nobody with a brain gives it any credence as well.

DickEmery
Dec 5, 2004
It's not even Monday and the in-fighting has started...
If Dean Ryan's comments about the people who appointed Lancaster get replayed in the media then I can see them throwing Lancaster under the bus before the end of the tournament.

Shaun Edwards and Andy Farrell will be the next England coaching set-up.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer
"Here we see the crash ball set up before the quick switch to width that brought that beautiful try, and that's exactly the role that Burgess would have taken had England not stumbled in the overwhelming pressure of the group of death..."

bigfoot again
Apr 24, 2007

DickEmery posted:

It's not even Monday and the in-fighting has started...
If Dean Ryan's comments about the people who appointed Lancaster get replayed in the media then I can see them throwing Lancaster under the bus before the end of the tournament.

Shaun Edwards and Andy Farrell will be the next England coaching set-up.

You know, every dogshit decision they've made makes perfect sense if you assume Farrell was calling the shots.

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

Unimpressed posted:

Actually, England lost because Australia played very well. Perish the thought!

Literally no one is saying Australia didn't play well, or that they weren't the better team on the day. It's also disingenuous to say England weren't able to claw their way back into it. They had a chance to steal the game away between the 60th to 70th minutes, when Australia were awarded a penalty that gave them enough of a buffer to pretty much secure the game. Poite having to choose between penalise Farrell for being a thuggish dipshit or Burgess for being a reckless idiot had just as much to do with fundamental mistakes on the part of the English management as it had to do with the pressure applied by Australia.

bigfoot again posted:

You know, every dogshit decision they've made makes perfect sense if you assume Farrell was calling the shots.

The only real reason I can see for Owen Farrell being made the starting five-eighth ahead of Ford reeks of nepotism so...

edogawa rando fucked around with this message at 22:01 on Oct 4, 2015

Tyma
Dec 22, 2004

I love Leinster and I couldn't be happier that Jordie Barrett has signed with them on a short term deal.
It seems like in their arrogance, England tried too hard to create a narrative, rather than just selecting the 15 best players in the country, and trying to win the World Cup. Ignoring Dylan Hartley, and giving Sam Burgess every opportunity to win over the hearts of his detractors would work well as part of a narrative, but not as part of a plan to beat the #2 and #3 ranked teams in the world, within a week of each other.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Hartley should never have been near the side. He knew what discipline rules were laid out, he broke them.

The Clit Avoider
Aug 11, 2002

El Profesional
Look, forget about who was or wasn't selected. The fact is England are not and were not contenders. That's where the creation of the narrative lies. Sure, going out as host nation is embarrassing and a first, but the fact is, England are a mediocre team. I know it sounds arrogant (oh the irony) or even just easy to say in hindsight, but I never considered them in the running at all, and thought about putting money on them going out in the groups until the Welsh injury bingo started.

The fact they couldn't seize on that to at least take second says it all. But hey, they've still got the most bonus points in group A, that counts for something right?

hooman
Oct 11, 2007

This guy seems legit.
Fun Shoe
Operation: Ruin it for England

Mission Accomplished

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

ALL ABOARD THE SCOTLAND HYPE TRAIN!

CHOO CHOO

The Clit Avoider posted:

Look, forget about who was or wasn't selected. The fact is England are not and were not contenders. That's where the creation of the narrative lies. Sure, going out as host nation is embarrassing and a first, but the fact is, England are a mediocre team. I know it sounds arrogant (oh the irony) or even just easy to say in hindsight, but I never considered them in the running at all, and thought about putting money on them going out in the groups until the Welsh injury bingo started.

The fact they couldn't seize on that to at least take second says it all. But hey, they've still got the most bonus points in group A, that counts for something right?

They had the talent available to beat a depleted Wales side, they just chose the stupidest plan possible.

Agreed that with their line out and ruck issues they were never going to trouble Australia or NZ, but all the other sides in the tournament are just as capable of beating themselves as England.