Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
etalian
Mar 20, 2006

david... posted:

attractive young people interacting with each other and the world at large via social networks in ways olds dont understand im disgusted as gently caress

another one, it's the best one of the 300 pictures I've taken myself today.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ChesterJT
Dec 28, 2003

Mounty Pumper's Flying Circus

david... posted:

attractive young people interacting with each other and the world at large via social networks in ways olds dont understand im disgusted as gently caress

That's not really interacting with the world. The point is the "world" is right there in front of them and they're ignoring it to take pictures of themselves.

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
loving stupid bitch idiots

they dont know how it be. they dont know how to live life

*posts on SA*

les fleurs du mall
Jun 30, 2014

by LadyAmbien
I won't date any woman who knows fewer than five japanese words / considers vegetables "food"

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Me bad posting? That's unpossible!
Lipstick Apathy

ChesterJT posted:

That's not really interacting with the world. The point is the "world" is right there in front of them and they're ignoring it to take pictures of themselves.

They were at a baseball game. Before smartphone people would just drink themselves into a stupor or make out.
In fact you can argue that going to a sporting event is just as much a rejection of the "real world". Bread and circus and whatnot.

nomadologique
Mar 9, 2011

DUNK A DILL PICKLE REALDO

les fleurs du mall posted:

I won't date any woman who knows fewer than five japanese words / considers vegetables "food"

domo
arigato
sayonara
baka

poo poo

nomadologique
Mar 9, 2011

oh

HAI

les fleurs du mall
Jun 30, 2014

by LadyAmbien

konichiwa ;)

n3wt
Dec 22, 2005

quick question: are french fries vegetables in your world?

nomadologique
Mar 9, 2011

potatoes are not vegetables bc they are dry not wet

n3wt
Dec 22, 2005

nomadologique posted:

potatoes are not vegetables bc they are dry not wet

brace yourself, they make carrot and turnip fries and kale chips

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug

But what would you do if she created a Bento box lunch for you in the shape of your favorite loli character and the face was made from cucumber/tomato?

nomadologique
Mar 9, 2011

n3wt posted:

brace yourself, they make carrot and turnip fries and kale chips

gently caress

nomadologique
Mar 9, 2011

happyhippy posted:

But what would you do if she created a Bento box lunch for you in the shape of your favorite loli character and the face was made from cucumber/tomato?

who9 want to eat face lol u ever hear of pussy??

Deranged M
Nov 14, 2012

Zzulu posted:

loving stupid bitch idiots

they dont know how it be. they dont know how to live life

*posts on SA*

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

Phlegmish posted:

why do midget women always want giant tall guys

don't kink shame midget women who want tall guys please

RaySmuckles
Oct 14, 2009

:vapes:
Grimey Drawer
On the one hand, people should do whatever they want that makes them happy. On the other hand, people often make stupid and selfish decisions that have negative repercussions for those around them; a little community policing is necessary to prevent the most excessive transgressions.

Society is hard.

edit: also lol at people who have a height requirement for those that date them. just lol.

Tiberius Christ
Mar 4, 2009

lol its fake as gently caress it hits all the insecurities betas whine about

plain blue jacket
Jan 13, 2014

IT DOESN'T STOP
IT NEVER STOPS
i saw a millennial today and I spat at his feet

Hot Dog Day #82
Jul 5, 2003

Soiled Meat
At work the other day I was talking with two Millennial volunteers about Tv and I said something like "if you liked Seinfeld you should give Curb Your Enthusiasm a shot" and both said they've never seen an episode of Seinfeld before. I've never felt so old, and I am one of those filthy '83 millennials :/

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug

Hot Dog Day #82 posted:

At work the other day I was talking with two Millennial volunteers about Tv and I said something like "if you liked Seinfeld you should give Curb Your Enthusiasm a shot" and both said they've never seen an episode of Seinfeld before. I've never felt so old, and I am one of those filthy '83 millennials :/

No, they just have taste.
As Seinfeld is poo poo, and not everyone on earth watched it when it was on.

Rod Munch
Jul 17, 2001

ghlbtsk posted:

Watch the vid to see middle-aged sportscasters mercilessly harassing a sorority.
http://m.mlb.com/video/topic/21753540/v511523483/colari-fans-are-having-a-blast-taking-some-selfies

I'm the girl making sure my cleavage is just right before I take the selfie

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

ChesterJT posted:

Counterpoint, baseball is stupid and watching baseball is no different than death

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

QuarkJets posted:

Counterpoint, baseball is stupid and watching baseball is no different than death

Beer.

Beer is the only way to watch baseball.

Ema Nymton
Apr 26, 2008

the place where I come from
is a small town
Buglord
Martin Scorsese's 16 year old daughter is on Instagram.

https://instagram.com/francesca.scorsese/

I'm... OK with this, actually. She's just a normal girl. A normal girl with money and a legendary genius elderly father (who could fall over dead at any moment so lets just enjoy him while he's here). :geno:

ghlbtsk posted:

Watch the vid to see middle-aged sportscasters mercilessly harassing a sorority.
http://m.mlb.com/video/topic/21753540/v511523483/colari-fans-are-having-a-blast-taking-some-selfies

I've saw the gif on Imgur before seeing this video. It really brings things into focus when you realize that this behavior being actively encouraged.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

spudsbuckley
Aug 29, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

(and can't post for 5 years!)

Phlegmish posted:

why do midget women always want giant tall guys

I have a friend who is about 4foot10 and she likes tall guys a lot because they usually have bigger dicks which are apparently a great thing coupled with her tiny-ness.

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
it is kind of funny that goons are in that transitional period where theyre not really the new generation and so while they bitch about how conservatives are ruining everything they're not the new face on the block so they also bitch about how poo poo the new generation is without realizing that they're becoming the conservatives

im gay

Leroy Dennui
Aug 9, 2014

Gina McCarthy made us gay,
but we would not have met
had Biden not dropped his cones
:gaysper::frogbon:

n3wt posted:

Also John Lennon was jumping on every activist bandwagon for a photo op but not actually doing anything to contribute. Wife beating, child abandoning rear end in a top hat.

The bed-in was proto-slacktivism at its finest.

nomadologique
Mar 9, 2011

Robo Reagan posted:

it is kind of funny that goons are in that transitional period where theyre not really the new generation and so while they bitch about how conservatives are ruining everything they're not the new face on the block so they also bitch about how poo poo the new generation is without realizing that they're becoming the conservatives

im gay

i don't find this funny and am constantly on edge about it

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

nomadologique posted:

i don't find this funny and am constantly on edge about it

Life is a sine wave.

Shoot the curl

Borden
Jul 23, 2008

VendaGoat posted:

Beer.

Beer is the only way to watch baseball.

$12 cans of warm Stella. Just play softball. You get drunk and sometimes swing a bat. Softball is legitimately the best thing.

mr. mephistopheles
Dec 2, 2009

Tiberius Christ posted:

lol its fake as gently caress it hits all the insecurities betas whine about

It says nothing about my tiny penis

Ema Nymton posted:

Martin Scorsese's 16 year old daughter is on Instagram.

https://instagram.com/francesca.scorsese/

I'm... OK with this, actually. She's just a normal girl. A normal girl with money and a legendary genius elderly father (who could fall over dead at any moment so lets just enjoy him while he's here). :geno:

That is super cool of you to be personally okay with a teenager using social media

Shows a lot of character

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

Robo Reagan posted:

im gay

I get high fived by millennials for wearing a Bernie shirt, they're nice kids and they'd be ok with your orientation.

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Mr.Pibbleton posted:

I get high fived by millennials for wearing a Bernie shirt, they're nice kids and they'd be ok with your orientation.

my orientation is a downward spiral in to depression, alcoholism, and eventually suicide

extra stout
Feb 24, 2005

ISILDUR's ERR
the world loving sucks so hard that the game is now 'picture submitter of the game' and not inviting fans out on the field to see who can throw post to post

as a man who can throw a baseball 300 feet it feels like i might as well leave society, all of my hobbies are self rewarding and removed from society, i can't win the contest unless i buy a smart phone and talk about baseball on twitter instead of playing....baseball?

same with fishing, every mother fucker i meet is there for bass to show a picture to their instagram, i'm just eating the gently caress out of some bluegill and black crappie while these retards put their pole in their truck and drive to mcdonalds

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

Robo Reagan posted:

my orientation is a downward spiral in to depression, alcoholism, and eventually suicide

That's the most practical retirement plan for millennials too!

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle

Kleen_TheRowdyDog posted:

i'm guessing it's a subconscious compensation for their own insecurities about being short. this girl says she's 4'11" - that means she's 4'8" or 4'9" tops, which is dangerously close to midget territory. she probably hates that about herself.

i find none of those women attractive. they look like plastic blond bimbos to me. i like my girls with more rock n roll edge.

lol

n3wt
Dec 22, 2005
So us 83s, what are we? Gen X, Y or Millennials
How are we scoring this:
Smartphones in highschool? know how to use MSDos?
Stayed up to watch the X-files or Supernatural?
Usenet/Napster or Bittorrent/Youtube?
After the towers fell: Went online to play guess which clips will get shown the most and make falling people photoshops or stayed and watched the TV... Um maybe that's just a "are you a goon" question.
At what point were you done with grimdark in movies?
Do you remember when clicking links could crash your computer?
Do you know how to drive like a normal person and concentrate on the road?

A bunch of us 81-85s are pre selfie to the point of 'get off my lawn with your selfies', learned how the internet worked before we used it, know our computer from the OS to the hardware and will vote for anyone willing to regulate the banks. Are we Premature Millennials?

nomadologique
Mar 9, 2011

you're just human garbage like the rest of us

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nomadologique
Mar 9, 2011

you're a consumer whore like my older brother i bet

a consumer whore is not better than a cam whore

• Locked thread