Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Stagger_Lee
Mar 25, 2009
Once you have any skills on skaven, it can be good to take Kick on a linerat. With a deep enough cage you can often times get behind the los and disrupt a cage from forming in the first place.

If it does form, you can do your best to screen, but you don't do at as well as elves due to all of your AGI 3 guys. You can make a crazy dive into the cage with a gutter runner - not super likely to be effective without the skills for it, but it can be worth trying, say once at the beginning of the drive and once if it looks like they're set to score next turn.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ProZocK
Apr 22, 2013
Here, to make up for dicing you, multiple times, have some nice, calm text.
I dont know if I can keep playing Bloodbowl. I just pulled the biggest elf bullshit I will ever pull.

First Step: Wardancer1 Jumps into a cage on a chaos team, doing a -3db block that gets the ball free thanks to juggernaut. Ball gets on the ground next to 3 beastmen

Second Step: Wardancer2 waltz into the ball, picks it up with nerves of steel and moves to safety a few squares away

Third Step: Enemy retaliation turn, 5 blocks on Wardancer1. Not a single pow and he`s safe out of cage.

The game ended up as a draw but holy poo poo that was amazing.

Comstar
Apr 20, 2007

Are you happy now?
4-0 Humies vs Welves. Ended with 1 dead Welf, 3 injured, and 1 injured (and fired) linesman.

Any elf bullshit would inevitability end in a failed 2+ roll, he wasn't very lucky.

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!
Somebody call for an ant?

Depending on how well the cage is constructed you can screen it to halt progress and try to force a dumb desperation move, dodge around to the back or some other place with a hole in it, leap/wrestle/strip ball it because -2bs rule, or just beat the poo poo out of everyone not involved in the cage because there's up to 5 loving people invested in that thing and you can.

Washout
Jun 27, 2003

"Your toy soldiers are not pigmented to my scrupulous standards. As a result, you are not worthy of my time. Good day sir"

ProZocK posted:

I dont know if I can keep playing Bloodbowl. I just pulled the biggest elf bullshit I will ever pull.

First Step: Wardancer1 Jumps into a cage on a chaos team, doing a -3db block that gets the ball free thanks to juggernaut. Ball gets on the ground next to 3 beastmen

Second Step: Wardancer2 waltz into the ball, picks it up with nerves of steel and moves to safety a few squares away

Third Step: Enemy retaliation turn, 5 blocks on Wardancer1. Not a single pow and he`s safe out of cage.

This kind of thing is why people play vampires, you can just pull off the most bullshit moves with that team.

ocrumsprug
Sep 23, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

ProZocK posted:

Unless there is some Cyanide bullshit, Nerves of Steel doesn't help a pick up in tackle zones. That play is even more bullshit than you think.

Washout
Jun 27, 2003

"Your toy soldiers are not pigmented to my scrupulous standards. As a result, you are not worthy of my time. Good day sir"

ocrumsprug posted:

Unless there is some Cyanide bullshit, Nerves of Steel doesn't help a pick up in tackle zones. That play is even more bullshit than you think.

Good point, only skill that helps pick up in tackle zones is Big Hand. Also shows that the dice log in the new game is poo poo.

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.
What there is is less confusing. It no longer tells you the roll before modification, for instance. It's just so slight that it can't keep up, there's not even enough space for all the rolls in a Troll TTM play.

Mr. Squishy fucked around with this message at 09:15 on Oct 4, 2015

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?
I had a game against a wood elf team where nuffle smiled on him. I failed 80% of my rolls, the majority of my blocks ended up being double pushes and every single time a guy was "going for it" he tripped, even on a reroll.

Retaliated on turn 16 by surrounding one of his best lineman and gang stomping out of sheer frustration. The fucker wasn't even stunned at 100%. gently caress you elves.

Blackmage Yapo
Mar 27, 2008

Odin You Sad I Have
All The SPP

dogstile posted:

I had a game against a wood elf team where nuffle smiled on him. I failed 80% of my rolls, the majority of my blocks ended up being double pushes and every single time a guy was "going for it" he tripped, even on a reroll.

Retaliated on turn 16 by surrounding one of his best lineman and gang stomping out of sheer frustration. The fucker wasn't even stunned at 100%. gently caress you elves.

If you fully surrounded a wood elf lino for a foul it would be impossible to not get at least a stun.

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?

Blackmage Yapo posted:

If you fully surrounded a wood elf lino for a foul it would be impossible to not get at least a stun.

Possible bug then? It was the final turn with my very last guys move and usually it'll come up with the apoc (which it didn't come up with) if it was an injury or stop for a second to tell me a lineman was stunned.

Fat Samurai
Feb 16, 2011

To go quickly is foolish. To go slowly is prudent. Not to go; that is wisdom.
Fine, I've bought this stupid game a third time. The coaches I've seen streaming were too bad not to.

dogstile posted:

Possible bug then? It was the final turn with my very last guys move and usually it'll come up with the apoc (which it didn't come up with) if it was an injury or stop for a second to tell me a lineman was stunned.

Assisting players were in tackle zones?

ProZocK
Apr 22, 2013

ocrumsprug posted:

Yeah, I misspoke, Just did some testing with a friend, and it didn't help. Guess it was even more bullshit than I though

dogstile posted:

gently caress you man, turn 16 fouling is bullshit.

ProZocK fucked around with this message at 14:42 on Oct 4, 2015

Rygar201
Jan 26, 2011
I AM A TERRIBLE PIECE OF SHIT.

Please Condescend to me like this again.

Oh yeah condescend to me ALL DAY condescend daddy.

T16 fouling us definitely dirty, but they're just pixelmans.

Haroshia
Feb 27, 2011

You think this is a game?

dogstile posted:

I'm sorry the pixelmans made you angry :smugdog:

Magnetic North
Dec 15, 2008

Beware the Forest's Mushrooms
I know many goons disagree with me, but this is how I think of T16 fouling:

What is generally considered unacceptable behavior for Blood Bowl? Poor sportsmanship (insults, complaining), intentional slow-play, quitting a game, T16 Fouls. I think this can be divided into the two things: things in the rules, and things outside the rules.

There are no rules about complaining about how your opponent is 'flash flash flash' all the time, or regarding talking about your opponent's promiscuous mother. But this is outside of the purview of the rules. The same goes for intentional slow play.

What about quitting when someone kills your favorite precious snowflake or fouls on turn 16? Those are both within the rules of the game, but there is a difference. The concession rules are more a matter of reality, to allow completion if someone should have to leave before a game is done. It's not really in there as a anger outlet valve, but it can be misused in that way, and it's not like you can have no rule for a concession. On the other hand, fouling is also a part of the game. I'm not a BB historian, but I imagine it necessary because otherwise players could leave their valuable pieces laying down on the pitch so they could not be blocked anymore. It also can discourage stalling. Unlike ragequitting, a T16 foul is not an incorrect usage of a necessary part of the game.

Now, don't get me wrong. T16 fouls are a bad idea: they gain you basically nothing. Casualties from fouls grant no SPP. In a normal round-robin tourney, you are weakening an opponent that you will not face again, which makes it easier on your other opponents, who may gain more SPP than they would have before facing you. Unless the opponent is a lock for the playoffs and you are too, the only thing it gets you is a little sick, twisted satisfaction from putting the boot in on Turn 16.

So, where do we draw the line? Well, consider what you could get away with in person. If someone whined the whole game about getting diced, or mocked their opponent non-stop, or intentionally played slow to irritate their opponent, or quit when something went wrong, people might not willingly play with them anymore. It's still prevalent online because that shunning is less of an option there (unless you play in a curated league like MHI or something), since you have a huge pool of random people you won't see again. Also, consider that those behaviors are not specific to Blood Bowl. You can imagine the same thing happening when playing Magic or Bridge or Monopoly.

T16 fouls are different. They are not a matter of bad behavior in the same way. It is a poor tactical choice that can harm your opponent and gains you nothing, but it is allowed in the rules of the game. There are compelling reasons not to do it. It's moderately impolite. But it is just not as bad as people make it out to be. If you want to do it, you should feel free to stomp your little heart out. But be ready for an intensely negative response.

tl;dr T16 fouls now, T16 fouls tomorrow, and T16 fouls forever.

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!
Somebody call for an ant?

T16 fouls are completely polite as long as you do them right, namely:
Announce that this unskilled lineman with no spp has a lovely name. Proceed to murder him allowing the coach to have a reason to come up with a better named lineman improving his team. Everyone profits.

ocrumsprug
Sep 23, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
My perspective is from a ~100 some TT games in my local league.

Good Form:

Laughing when you kill someone's manbarbie.

Bad Form:

Conceding

Could go either way Form:

T16 fouling (my league has player bounties, so people understand you want your candy bar/beer/:10bux:)

ocrumsprug fucked around with this message at 16:39 on Oct 4, 2015

Haroshia
Feb 27, 2011

I see a T16 foul as proof positive I've made the other person mad about videogames, and it's like a cherry on top of my 3-0 Wood Elf victory. I expect and even plan for them now, and usually leave a lovely line elf or a journeyman prone near their pieces to facilitate their nerdrage while I pull my important pieces back. Makes me feel :smug: as gently caress.

Funso Banjo
Dec 22, 2003

Fouling on turn 16 is only reasonable. But you should do it when you win, too. Don't do it just because you're pissed off.

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

Magnetic North posted:

tl;dr T16 fouls now, T16 fouls tomorrow, and T16 fouls forever.

Like the only correct statement in this whole conversation

(edit) also what Funso Banjo just said

Tekopo
Oct 24, 2008

When you see it, you'll shit yourself.

You should be a stone cold killer when you T16 foul, emotions dont even come into it. I only t16 foul to kill bashy teams before they get started (eg dwarves/chaos).

Blackmage Yapo
Mar 27, 2008

Odin You Sad I Have
All The SPP
T16 fouls: rude in a goon pickup game, completely appropriate every other time. Exceptions are always made for gross stat monsters, of course.

Speaking of we should bring back the fumbbl hit list.

Haroshia
Feb 27, 2011

Tekopo posted:

You should be a stone cold killer when you T16 foul, emotions dont even come into it. I only t16 foul to kill bashy teams before they get started (eg dwarves/chaos).

Don't care how they actually feel. Still makes them look like mad babies. Still makes me :smugdog:

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?

ProZocK posted:

gently caress you man, turn 16 fouling is bullshit.

This is only going to make me do it more if i'm having a bad game. E-honour bullshit is bullshit.

Haroshia posted:

I see a T16 foul as proof positive I've made the other person mad about videogames, and it's like a cherry on top of my 3-0 Wood Elf victory. I expect and even plan for them now, and usually leave a lovely line elf or a journeyman prone near their pieces to facilitate their nerdrage while I pull my important pieces back. Makes me feel :smug: as gently caress.

This guy did that, I was aiming for the wardancer that owned me every play. Smart player

Haroshia
Feb 27, 2011

dogstile posted:

This guy did that, I was aiming for the wardancer that owned me every play. Smart player

If you play Wood Elves with any frequency you pretty much expect this. Everybody gets salty as gently caress over elf bullshit and switches from trying to score to murderball after you get the second touchdown. The game becomes playing keep away while they throw dumb blocks and ignore the ball. Line elves are expendable, so they are sacrifices.

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?

Haroshia posted:

If you play Wood Elves with any frequency you pretty much expect this. Everybody gets salty as gently caress over elf bullshit and switches from trying to score to murderball after you get the second touchdown. The game becomes playing keep away while they throw dumb blocks and ignore the ball. Line elves are expendable, so they are sacrifices.

Oh trust me I know. I was actually trying to get the ball the entire second half, but every time the dice didn't roll in my favour. Bit of a shame really.

Brassherald
Feb 3, 2012

Wait, I'm the one who calls people buttheads!
Have gotten a pm about adding officers to the league to add on. If this is something people would like to expedite the process, I'm fine with it, so let me know if you want to volunteer to be an officer.

barkbell
Apr 14, 2006

woof
id t16 foul all of u irl

ProZocK
Apr 22, 2013

dogstile posted:

This is only going to make me do it more if i'm having a bad game. E-honour bullshit is bullshit.

This is not about E-honour bullshit. E-Honor bullshit is when someone starts complaining that you are stalling at the end line. That`s bullshit.

Fouling has a place in the game, it`s a needed mechanic, but when you use it just to vent because you got mad at losing the game, you just show how much of a baby you are.

What strategic reason can you give for fouling on turn 16?

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?
It makes people mad and strategically that's really funny.

Tekopo
Oct 24, 2008

When you see it, you'll shit yourself.

So t16 foulers like it because they think it makes people mad, and people feel smug because they think people that t16 foul are mad.

I mean, it looks like a win/win to me, why is anyone complaining? You should t16 to make both player's game better.

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?

Tekopo posted:

So t16 foulers like it because they think it makes people mad, and people feel smug because they think people that t16 foul are mad.

I mean, it looks like a win/win to me, why is anyone complaining? You should t16 to make both player's game better.

Pretty much. Its not even like I stomped a 200 game star player, i stomped a 5spp lineman because i couldn't do anything else. You'd think i'd murdered nuffle himself.

ProZocK
Apr 22, 2013

dogstile posted:

Pretty much. Its not even like I stomped a 200 game star player, i stomped a 5spp lineman because i couldn't do anything else. You'd think i'd murdered nuffle himself.

Nope, you just shown how childish you are. Guess you are used to that.

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?

ProZocK posted:

Nope, you just shown how childish you are. Guess you are used to that.

Say's the dude getting mad over a videogame match.

Victor Vermis
Dec 21, 2004

WOKE UP IN THE DESERT AGAIN

Blackmage Yapo posted:

T16 fouls: rude in a goon pickup game, completely appropriate every other time.

:rolleyes:

En Fuego
Oct 8, 2004

The Reverend

Haroshia posted:

Played against Chaos yesterday with my WE pubbie team and the guy from the onset ignored the ball and went for me.

He did kill a 0 SPP Lineman, so there's that.

I won 6-0.

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!

ProZocK posted:

This is not about E-honour bullshit. E-Honor bullshit is when someone starts complaining that you are stalling at the end line. That`s bullshit.

Fouling has a place in the game, it`s a needed mechanic, but when you use it just to vent because you got mad at losing the game, you just show how much of a baby you are.

What strategic reason can you give for fouling on turn 16?

i will clawpomb you irl

ProZocK
Apr 22, 2013

dogstile posted:

Say's the dude getting mad over a videogame match.

Dude, you just said you got mad at a videogame match and fouled because of that. The only defense you gave for your actions was " I did it for the lulz".

That makes you an rear end in a top hat, and unless you argue that point there`s really no use on us to keep this going.

Coolguye posted:

i will clawpomb you irl

Careful, that will make so mad I might foul! :hist101:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?

ProZocK posted:

Dude, you just said you got mad at a videogame match and fouled because of that. The only defense you gave for your actions was " I did it for the lulz".

That makes you an rear end in a top hat, and unless you argue that point there`s really no use on us to keep this going.

Why is being an rear end in a top hat in a game about being an rear end in a top hat a bad thing?

• Locked thread