Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Minarchist
Mar 5, 2009

by WE B Bourgeois

rejutka posted:

The guy who makes the sausages

Finally, a use for all those Tushkano heads!

That, or something like this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eWU_LuDiIzI

While you can drag bodies to the guy, he really prefers if you bring them to him alive of their own free will. Freshness is key!

500 RU alive, 250 RU dead

Minarchist fucked around with this message at 06:01 on Oct 4, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

xPanda
Feb 6, 2003

Was that me or the door?
Where can I find the third/top-tier gunsmith tools? The first tier tools are frequently sold be vendors, the second tier tools infrequently by vendors. Never seen the third tier for the top level item upgrades.

Lacedaemonius
Jan 18, 2015

Rub a dub dub

Ddraig posted:

Would people be interested in a sort of modders guide to COC? Mainly talking about the new tools modders can use compared to COP

You're talking about the SDK, right? Because I can't imagine how everything else would be different from reg X-Ray

communism bitch
Apr 24, 2009
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rvcEoKDXreM
:sun:

Rush Limbo
Sep 5, 2005

its with a full house

Lacedaemonius posted:

You're talking about the SDK, right? Because I can't imagine how everything else would be different from reg X-Ray

Nah, COC has radically changed virtually all of the actual game scripts, so things function completely differently to how they do in any other stalker game. The death manager, for example, has been completely rewritten, as has the dialog manager, all the AI schemes, even the callback system, plus Open X-ray has new functions that might be useful for modders.

Ironically the SDK is one of the few things that hasn't changed hugely.

Lacedaemonius
Jan 18, 2015

Rub a dub dub

Ddraig posted:

Nah, COC has radically changed virtually all of the actual game scripts, so things function completely differently to how they do in any other stalker game. The death manager, for example, has been completely rewritten, as has the dialog manager, all the AI schemes, even the callback system, plus Open X-ray has new functions that might be useful for modders.

Ironically the SDK is one of the few things that hasn't changed hugely.

What about the structure and function of the configuration stuff, ie the ltx files?

Rush Limbo
Sep 5, 2005

its with a full house

Lacedaemonius posted:

What about the structure and function of the configuration stuff, ie the ltx files?

Largely remains unchanged, although there are a few new things that Open X-Ray has that COP doesn't.

For example you can now set max item uses to give items multiple uses:

code:
use_condition                            = true
max_uses                                 = 3
remove_after_use                         = true
empty_weight                             = 0.1
This is for vodka, for example. This gives the item three uses, and removes the item after the last use. empty_weight is interesting, as this is weight of the "container", without any contents. It's matched with the inv_weight to determine the weight of the item depending on how many uses are left. inv_weight is now the weight of the item with both the container and the combined 'contents'.

xPanda
Feb 6, 2003

Was that me or the door?

xPanda posted:

Where can I find the third/top-tier gunsmith tools? The first tier tools are frequently sold be vendors, the second tier tools infrequently by vendors. Never seen the third tier for the top level item upgrades.

In case anyone was wondering the same - I haven't found any top tier upgrade materials, but Forester in Red Forest can do all upgrades without any tools.

Minarchist
Mar 5, 2009

by WE B Bourgeois
Does the PSS-2X scope work? I threw down 11,000 RU on it and it doesn't seem to be doing much :saddowns:

e: yes, I mounted it to my gun, and yes I tried it at night

Oh, all it does is highlight enemies IFF style like the binoculars, which is cool I guess. I was hoping for some sweet infrared predator vision :sigh:

Minarchist fucked around with this message at 17:23 on Oct 4, 2015

Saint Sputnik
Apr 1, 2007

Tyrannosaurs in P-51 Volkswagens!

Avocados posted:

Ecologists getting stuck following you in the airlock chambers :smithicide:

I've been forced to reload at least once because of poo poo like that. There needs to be a "back up a few steps" dialog option like for followers in Bethesda games.

Rush Limbo
Sep 5, 2005

its with a full house
CoC mod has been updated, with all the latest changes from the CoC repo including an actually fixed death_manager

https://bitbucket.org/revo_lucas/call-of-chernobyl/overview

https://mega.nz/#F!V4M3HYiK!ytP_5PQmAI2SYkOuCS2zCA

Rush Limbo fucked around with this message at 18:28 on Oct 4, 2015

Missing Name
Jan 5, 2013

Do you recommend restarting from new games for each iteration of this mod?

Motley
Nov 1, 2013
Saw this thread and finally decided to pick up this game. I started playing and feel like I can't hit anything with my bullets. Should I not have started playing on Master difficulty, even though it's recommended for the experience? I've died a lot in the opening mission.

Edit: By "this game" I mean SoC.

Rush Limbo
Sep 5, 2005

its with a full house

Missing Name posted:

Do you recommend restarting from new games for each iteration of this mod?

Shouldn't be necessary. It's only scripts/config changes so far and those are usually save independent.

Literal Nazi Furry
Jan 27, 2008

Swastika - Helvetica - Ikea
Last night I dreamt of Adolf searching for Anne.
I lay on my back
standing alone in the corner watching the girls dance.

I'm on crystal meth.
I piss in my pants.

Motley posted:

Saw this thread and finally decided to pick up this game. I started playing and feel like I can't hit anything with my bullets. Should I not have started playing on Master difficulty, even though it's recommended for the experience? I've died a lot in the opening mission.

stalker does have a bit of a learning curve when it comes to the combat, which isn't helped by most of the starter weapons being not very accurate. get up close and aim down the sights and you should be able to drop enemies fairly well still since your enemies are gonna be unarmored or lightly armored at that stage of the game. before long, the weapons will get considerably more accurate and powerful. if it bothers you too much to wait though, there are a ton of mods that try to rebalance the damage of stalker.

rejutka
May 28, 2004

by zen death robot

Motley posted:

Yeah that happens a lot. Stop thinking you're a bullet sponge, accept the help from Wolf's team and realise that The Zone hates you. It's a glorious day when you get a scope for your rifle.

Motley
Nov 1, 2013

Literal Nazi Furry posted:

stalker does have a bit of a learning curve when it comes to the combat, which isn't helped by most of the starter weapons being not very accurate. get up close and aim down the sights and you should be able to drop enemies fairly well still since your enemies are gonna be unarmored or lightly armored at that stage of the game. before long, the weapons will get considerably more accurate and powerful. if it bothers you too much to wait though, there are a ton of mods that try to rebalance the damage of stalker.

Thanks for the advice! Would you recommend getting the mods that rebalance damage for my first playthrough? If so would you mind linking me to them?

Rush Limbo
Sep 5, 2005

its with a full house

Motley posted:

Thanks for the advice! Would you recommend getting the mods that rebalance damage for my first playthrough? If so would you mind linking me to them?

Zone Reclamation Project has options for more realistic gun stats. You should be using that for your first playthrough anyway as it fixes many bugs.

Sparkyhodgo
Jun 21, 2003
Long potato

Ddraig posted:

Zone Reclamation Project has options for more realistic gun stats. You should be using that for your first playthrough anyway as it fixes many bugs.

This. Highly recommend ZRP for first SoC playthrough. Suggest tweaking some options via ZRP as well, especially carry weight and jump height (both of which are perhaps a bit too a bit too realistic by default and hamper the fun. I like to carry 4-5 guns + ammo.) Also, don't get discouraged: the early missions in SoC are notoriously/discouragingly hard. I promise your sense of satisfaction will progress from "rewarding" to "epic" if you stick with the game.

SpookyLizard
Feb 17, 2009
Until you get a bit of a handle of STALKER, I'd recommend binding Quicksave and Quickload to LMB and RMB.

staberind
Feb 20, 2008

but i dont wanna be a spaceship
Fun Shoe
I'm trying to think of a good plot for coc, one that utilises all the areas & the options you have to start a game as any faction, the only two things I can think of are exploring and trying to find certain special Anomalies and Artifacts or a bounty hunter.
I mean, so far the plots have been interesting, with strange twists, sometimes, to the weirdness that is lost alpha.

I recall Sidrovich sending me off to kill some randoms, also some of the faction leaders doing the same, so, its doable,the surrender option also makes it possible to take people alive as well, along with companions following you about.

Anyone else have any ideas for a "storyline" set of missions?

staberind fucked around with this message at 03:33 on Oct 5, 2015

Rush Limbo
Sep 5, 2005

its with a full house
So someone has managed to do what I failed and merge The Faction War with Arsenal Overhaul

https://www.reddit.com/r/stalker/comments/3nijzb/the_faction_wars_arsenal_overhaul_merger_release/

Now someone needs to port it over to COC and we'll have the perfect stalker game.

^^ Reporter sent into the Zone to investigate the strange things that happen and the people who go in. Sort of a Hell's Angels for the Zone.

Rush Limbo fucked around with this message at 03:36 on Oct 5, 2015

rejutka
May 28, 2004

by zen death robot
You want to take over from Siderovich as the go-to fixer guy.

xPanda
Feb 6, 2003

Was that me or the door?
Hey Ddraig, are there instructions anywhere on how to use the debug console?

Rush Limbo
Sep 5, 2005

its with a full house
You need to start the game with the -dbg command line argument

Then when you're in game, open the menu (esc) then press Ctrl + S

To get rid of the debug overlay, if you want to, uncheck the Debug Hud option in gameplay options (only appears if the -dbg flag is used)

staberind
Feb 20, 2008

but i dont wanna be a spaceship
Fun Shoe

rejutka posted:

You want to take over from Siderovich as the go-to fixer guy.

I feel one of the midway hidden missions should involve taking out sid.

maybe strelock wants to retire but does not want to leave the zone.

juggalo baby coffin
Dec 2, 2007

How would the dog wear goggles and even more than that, who makes the goggles?

I'm downloading CoC atm, what sort of extra mods are there for it? I like weird immersive stuff like hud overlays for different outfits and different first person hands for outfits. Also something that makes shooting a little more realistic maybe.

Rush Limbo
Sep 5, 2005

its with a full house
The addons page has you covered for weapons

http://www.moddb.com/mods/call-of-chernobyl/addons

My mod adds hud overlays:

doctorfrog
Mar 14, 2007

Great.

Opening this thread back up again, good to see it staggering about.

Me, I chickened out on a first run of SoC about a year ago, and I hear it calling again. I assume the recommended mods for a first run are still ZRP and some shaders, yeah? Playing the GOG version, freshly downloaded.

underage at the vape shop
May 11, 2011

by Cyrano4747
so in the OP, it says download the shader mods, also get ZRP (this is for soc)

Do I install them in any particular order? This is my first time playing in years.

Lacedaemonius
Jan 18, 2015

Rub a dub dub

Ddraig posted:

So someone has managed to do what I failed and merge The Faction War with Arsenal Overhaul

https://www.reddit.com/r/stalker/comments/3nijzb/the_faction_wars_arsenal_overhaul_merger_release/

Now someone needs to port it over to COC and we'll have the perfect stalker game.

^^ Reporter sent into the Zone to investigate the strange things that happen and the people who go in. Sort of a Hell's Angels for the Zone.

I thought TFW:AE already did that

Rush Limbo
Sep 5, 2005

its with a full house

A Saucy Bratwurst posted:

so in the OP, it says download the shader mods, also get ZRP (this is for soc)

Do I install them in any particular order? This is my first time playing in years.

I don't think ZRP makes any huge changes to the shaders, but if it does they'll be included in Shaders Max. So install ZRP first, then the shaders over it.

Wouldn't really recommend Meltac's shaders as the scripted elements are quite dodgy and cause some problems.

May 11, 2011

by Cyrano4747

Ddraig posted:

I don't think ZRP makes any huge changes to the shaders, but if it does they'll be included in Shaders Max. So install ZRP first, then the shaders over it.

Wouldn't really recommend Meltac's shaders as the scripted elements are quite dodgy and cause some problems.

Thanks

Do i need to download something else to change the fov?

your evil twin
Aug 23, 2010

"What we're dealing with...
is us! Those things look just like us!"

"Speak for yourself, I couldn't look that bad on a bet."

Ddraig posted:

CoC mod has been updated, with all the latest changes from the CoC repo including an actually fixed death_manager

https://bitbucket.org/revo_lucas/call-of-chernobyl/overview

Heh, mod gets updated before I even had chance to try to it - I only just found the time to reinstall Call of Pripyat!

Does this new update include the fix where they've removed the "AI Die in Anomalies"?

Because I'll be sad to play in a zone where stalkers don't blunder into anomalies and explode or burst into flames or get electrocuted. Especially since its a freeplay sandbox mod so quests don't really matter. So I was going to take my chances with having anomaly deaths turned on, and only disable it if I started to run into problems.

EDIT: Ah, just realised it is update to your own mod rather than next official official release of CoC.

your evil twin fucked around with this message at 18:08 on Oct 5, 2015

Minarchist
Mar 5, 2009

by WE B Bourgeois

Thanks

Do i need to download something else to change the fov?

~ fov 75

doctorfrog
Mar 14, 2007

Great.

doctorfrog posted:

Opening this thread back up again, good to see it staggering about.

Me, I chickened out on a first run of SoC about a year ago, and I hear it calling again. I assume the recommended mods for a first run are still ZRP and some shaders, yeah? Playing the GOG version, freshly downloaded.

Quoting myself, from here: http://www.gog.com/forum/stalker_series/stalker_mod_repository_mega_links_from_rstalker

I found this: https://mega.nz/#F!R5tnxQab!u1LS76bEVBuIrAZw6Py_3A

"Starter Pack 2015" basically has ZRP, shaders, and some weather mods. Kinda confirms the OP, and adds what seems to be a reasonable something else. Think I'll go with this.

May 11, 2011

by Cyrano4747

Says that fov isnt a known command

v1ld
Apr 16, 2012

Says that fov isnt a known command

That's for a modded version of the game running on an updated version of the engine. For the three original games, download FOV Switcher 1.7.

^^^ Starter Pack is a great way to go for a first run.

juggalo baby coffin
Dec 2, 2007

How would the dog wear goggles and even more than that, who makes the goggles?

Is it there a way to get rid of the weird weapon retexures from OWR3? I want all the damage rebalance poo poo, but not the weird semi-untextured looking knife

edit: turns out everything looked poo poo cause the game defualted to dx8, the weapon reskins look fine on dx10. i wish i could remember if I had dx11 or not, i'm on windows 7.

juggalo baby coffin fucked around with this message at 00:58 on Oct 6, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Missing Name
Jan 5, 2013

Tried to explore Wild Territory

:(

I can't move from Yantar to the Bar. I'm trying to go the other way now.

Missing Name fucked around with this message at 00:39 on Oct 6, 2015