Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Best Haruhi?
This poll is closed.
Haruhi 23 15.23%
Yuki 21 13.91%
Mi-mi-miracle, Mikuru 15 9.93%
Tsuruya 20 13.25%
Ryoko 14 9.27%
Kyonko, the female version of Kyon 42 27.81%
Fujioka 16 10.60%
Total: 151 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Allarion
May 16, 2009

がんばルビ!

StandardVC10 posted:

The poll at the top of the thread isn't really going how I expected it to.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

That sort of posting, is universally bad.

Parallax
Jan 14, 2006

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

osaka embodies the conflict of what we think of ourselves vs what others think of us that lies within all of our hearts, essentially what karl jung would refer to as the persona

K. Flaps
Dec 7, 2012

by Athanatos
Osucker.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

GorfZaplen posted:

Asgore is tough as hell!

He nods pitifully.

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Droyer
Oct 9, 2012

Srice posted:

They think that's good posting, in Japan

Allarion
May 16, 2009

がんばルビ!

homeless snail posted:

osaka embodies the conflict of what we think of ourselves vs what others think of us that lies within all of our hearts, essentially what karl jung would refer to as the persona

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4EOKOAQrlLI

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

Davincie posted:

also the exposition was really clumsy.

YEAH THE GENERATOR SUCKS SOMETIMES BUT YOU GOTTA DEAL WITH IT CAUSE THATS THE WAY THIS UNIVERSE WORKS

explaining the Whiskers was kinda heavy handed too

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

of course that is just one theory, looking through it from the freudian lens there are also clear representations of his concept of the id, the ego, and super ego

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

Srice posted:

how would you compare it to the sort of posting that says all japanese games/comics/cartoons are bad now because of "The Otakus"

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

Droyer posted:

They think that's good posting, in Japan

lol

Butt Ghost
Nov 23, 2013

Does anyone want to see Steve Blum make straining noises?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LHG6QWp_2c4

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

Motto posted:

how would you compare it to the sort of posting that says all japanese games/comics/cartoons are bad now because of "The Otakus"

Also bad

It's kinda like blaming Hollywood as a boogieman whenever a movie does something bad, but not doing the same when something good happens

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

i remember watching this part, laughing, then immediately thinking "somebody is going to whine about this in the thread"
and then it happened

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

Srice posted:

Also bad

It's kinda like blaming Hollywood as a boogieman whenever a movie does something bad, but not doing the same when something good happens

it's also based in the flawed belief that everything you like was made with love and passion, but anything that doesn't appeal to you must be a cynical cashgrab

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

Motto posted:

it's also based in the flawed belief that everything you like was made with love and passion, but anything that doesn't appeal to you must be a cynical cashgrab

Yeah.

And on the other side of the coin sometimes people would rather blame executives for meddling even when sometimes the people involved in a work goofed up all on their own

StandardVC10
Feb 6, 2007

This avatar now 50% more dark mode compliant

Motto posted:

well not anything, but certainly some things

Smoking Crow
Feb 14, 2012

*laughs at u*

Motto posted:

i blame miyazaki for that

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

StandardVC10 posted:

well not anything, but certainly some things

sure, but it's real silly when that's the instant assumption people online make whenever a company makes something different from their usual output

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

dogsicle posted:

i remember watching this part, laughing, then immediately thinking "somebody is going to whine about this in the thread"
and then it happened

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

All my posts are constructed with love and carefully selected based on a peer-review process to bring you only the best.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Terper posted:

All my posts are carefully selected and extracted based on a peer-review process to bring you only the best.

id hate to see the rejects

GloomMouse
Mar 6, 2007

I thought everything was bad because moe. Is it otaku now? It's hard to keep up.

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

GloomMouse posted:

I thought everything was bad because moe. Is it otaku now? It's hard to keep up.

moetaku

Droyer
Oct 9, 2012

GloomMouse posted:

Well, generally moe is blamed on otaku, so it's both.

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
Things are bad cause they're weird

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

If you must blink, do it now.

Motto posted:

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

gently caress the core fanbase! Those loving perverted japanese!

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

It really pisses me off, the American white guy, that the Japanese don't cater exclusively to my tastes.

Droyer
Oct 9, 2012

It saddens me when people who used to be so passionate become disillusioned and bitter.

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

GorfZaplen posted:

It really pisses me off, the American white guy, that the Japanese don't cater exclusively to my tastes.

same

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

If you must blink, do it now.

Terper posted:

All my posts are constructed with love and carefully selected based on a peer-review process to bring you only the best.
*Sudden realization.*

*Checks wastepaper basket.*

*Pulls out file labeled Good Terper Posts with the word APPROVED stamped across it.*

*Glances at open, empty file on desk.*

Oh...oh dear...

Parallax
Jan 14, 2006

Droyer posted:

It saddens me when people who used to be so passionate become disillusioned and bitter.

It sucks when people like Miyazaki or Spielberg basically say their industry is dying and hosed up instead of trying to find a solution. Maybe that's not necessarily the role of the artist, but I think people like that have outgrown that role

.jpg
Jan 18, 2011

Miyazaki owns

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

Can confirm, this is a post.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Budget Prefuse
Sep 26, 2011

lol at knuckle vs gon being a math battle about loaning money with no actual fighting

• Locked thread