Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

this loving thread

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Romes128
Dec 28, 2008

Fun Shoe

bres0048 posted:

Gryphon what will come out first, SC or GRRM next book?

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to fool them all
One Ring to find them
One Ring to milk them all
and pockets fully line them
Grimey Drawer

Gryphon0468 posted:

Yeah that's me, so what? I didn't make it a secret I am a SC fan. I must say your journalistic digging skills are quite impressive. I hear there's gonna be an opening at the Escapist soon.

Seriously did you sell anything or can we laugh at you for the full $ amount if the wheels come off the space bus next week at Citizen Con?

Bolow
Feb 27, 2007

AP posted:

It is pretty stupid that he referred to Lizzy Finnegan as "the Author and his colleagues" in his demand for a retraction.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nf0oXY4nDxE

BadOptics
Sep 11, 2012

bres0048 posted:

:eyepop:

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Oh You'll Love My Toxic Love
Grimey Drawer

bres0048 posted:

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Potato Salad posted:

You are the hero we need.

Decided on refunds / sales yet?

I'll probably stand pat. I likely wouldn't get much back anyway since most of my pledges are in the form of subscriptions.

Gryphon0468 posted:

I hope all that reddit gold comforts your bitter soul at night. So the recent chummy chumness between you and Ben on Reverse the Verse this week was all a lie?!

Nope, Ben and I have chatted quite a bit. He knows full well how I feel about the way things are going, and to his credit he has no problem discussing it. I remain convinced that he believes in Star Citizen more than anyone else on the planet, but it's also clear as day that he holds no more authority than anyone else below Chris.

Bolow
Feb 27, 2007

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

Nope, Ben and I have chatted quite a bit. He knows full well how I feel about the way things are going, and to his credit he has no problem discussing it. I remain convinced that he believes in Star Citizen more than anyone else on the planet, but it's also clear as day that he holds no more authority than anyone else below Chris.

The dude ran a lovely echo chamber of a website worshiping every loving thing Croberts has ever touched. He wears that stupid goddamn pilgrim necklace everywhere he goes. He'd believe in Chris Roberts until the very bitter loving end.

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Associate Justice Lena "Kegels" Dunham: An uncool thought to have: 'is that guy walking in the dark behind me a rapist? Never mind, he's Asian.

god I love Randy Orton

Kakarot
Jul 20, 2013

by zen death robot
Buglord
I like GoT more!!! Jon is aliiiiiiive!

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

Gryphon0468 posted:

I hope all that reddit gold comforts your bitter soul at night. So the recent chummy chumness between you and Ben on Reverse the Verse this week was all a lie?!

I like the assumption that disagreement with someone means they're an irredeemable shithead and completely unable to communicate with and form a mutual understanding with the opposing party. You are from /r/starcitizen, though, so I can appreciate that you feel like this given the police state that is that subreddit. What was the result of the vote on whether or not /r/starcitizen ought to censor certain posters and post topics, almost 40% in favor?

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

There are few metrics by which you can summarily and fairly judge someone to be a true rear end in a top hat, and filtering out exposure to opposing ideas is one of them.

Edit: for that reason, actually, it's cool that you've decided to pop in here and post. Your disagreement is no problem; it's actually cool that you're exposing yourself to opposing opinions at all, however judgmental of them you may be.

Bootcha
Nov 13, 2012

Truly, the pinnacle of goaltending
Grimey Drawer
I have been infused with glorious purpose.

Bolow
Feb 27, 2007

Zeike posted:

I like GoT more!!! Jon is aliiiiiiive!

GoT needs to wrap it the gently caress up so HBO can go full steam ahead with the Foundation series

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

Our war against free speech cannot end until we silence this bronze beast!

Its funny on Reddit you've got people putting all their eggs in the "UK Libel Law" basket, since its notoriously draconian but also notoriously incapable of affecting people or companies in the US.

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Oh You'll Love My Toxic Love
Grimey Drawer
I'd like to see HBO / Starz do something different besides these fantasy / ye olden times shows.

There should be a live action series about space ships, for instance. Deep Sperg 90,000,000.

tooterfish
Jul 13, 2013

Bolow posted:

GoT needs to wrap it the gently caress up so HBO can go full steam ahead with the Foundation series
The what now?

As in Asimov?

Dusty Lens
Jul 1, 2015

All Glory unto the Stimpire. Give up your arms and legs and embrace the beautiful agony of electricity that doubles in pain every second.

Bolow posted:

Is this happening.

Kakarot
Jul 20, 2013

by zen death robot
Buglord
What foundation series? Anyway HBO is really poo poo as far as creating plots in GoT goes. Last season was atrocious.

KJDavid
Nov 22, 2013

My other avatar is a pocke-thingy.
GRMM or Christ Roberts?

Please.

GRRM has produced more in sneak previews for his next book due out whenever the gently caress it's done (which is always GRRM's release date) than CR has produced for his game that was supposed to be live years ago.

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!

Gryphon0468 posted:

Sure, $2486.50. Go on, howl in rage or laugh in disbelief. I don't care hahaha.

i would have spent that money on a nice vacation or something myself. do you feel that spending 2000 dollars on a videogame is a good idea?

tooterfish
Jul 13, 2013

corn in the bible posted:

i would have spent that money on a nice vacation or something myself. do you feel that spending 2000 dollars on a videogame is a good idea?
He didn't spend 2000 dollars on a videogame.

Check and mate, goons! :smug:

Octopode
Sep 2, 2009

No. I work here. I manage operations for this and integration for this, while making sure that their stuff keeps working in here.

Potato Salad posted:

There are few metrics by which you can summarily and fairly judge someone to be a true rear end in a top hat, and filtering out exposure to opposing ideas is one of them.

Edit: for that reason, actually, it's cool that you've decided to pop in here and post. Your disagreement is no problem; it's actually cool that you're exposing yourself to opposing opinions at all, however judgmental of them you may be.

If there's one thing people posting in this thread excel at, it's respecting dissenting opinions.

KJDavid
Nov 22, 2013

My other avatar is a pocke-thingy.

nopantsjack posted:

Its funny on Reddit you've got people putting all their eggs in the "UK Libel Law" basket, since its notoriously draconian but also notoriously incapable of affecting people or companies in the US.

Yeah, didn't Congress actually pass something in the last few years that basically said, "We don't loving care what UK liberal courts decide - that poo poo don't apply to free speech in the US. Also, gently caress you UK libel laws."

Romes128
Dec 28, 2008

Fun Shoe

what videogame?

Bolow
Feb 27, 2007

tooterfish posted:

The what now?

As in Asimov?

http://io9.com/hbo-will-make-asimovs-foundation-with-interstellars-jon-1657018306

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

You don't understand, escapist fanatic, he spent two and a half thousand dollars in order to save PC gaming for us all.

CrazyLoon
Aug 10, 2015

"..."

Octopode posted:

If there's one thing people posting in this thread excel at, it's respecting dissenting opinions.

Okay, fair enough. Very ignorant and stupid opinions are not so tolerated.

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!

nopantsjack posted:

You don't understand, escapist fanatic, he spent two and a half thousand dollars in order to save PC gaming for us all.

i do appreciate that but i would probably still have flown to puerto rico instead

Thirsty Dog
May 31, 2007

KJDavid posted:

GRMM or Christ Roberts?

Please.

GRRM has produced more in sneak previews for his next book due out whenever the gently caress it's done (which is always GRRM's release date) than CR has produced for his game that was supposed to be live years ago.

There's more chance of Terry Pratchett writing a new book than Star Citizen coming out.

de_dust
Jan 21, 2009

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.

holy cow. awesome.

may the 'verse take us

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

Foundation was kind of poo poo.

Make a Culture series.

Why would HBO even make a Foundation series theres like one woman in it, they're gonna have to put in a whole lot of mathmatical sexposition scenes.

e: I did like how they would say things like "Space damnit!" though

Deki
May 12, 2008

It's Hammer Time!

Thirsty Dog posted:

There's more chance of Terry Pratchett writing a new book than Star Citizen coming out.

I laughed and then was sad.

tooterfish
Jul 13, 2013

:awesomelon:

nopantsjack posted:

I'll loving cut you!

Zsinjeh
Jun 11, 2007

:shoboobs:

ALL-PRO SEXMAN posted:

No not the anime! NOT THE ANIME AAAGH IT'S IN MY EYES! AAAGH!
Marion, don't look at it. Shut your eyes, Marion. Don't look at it, no matter what happens!

Bolow
Feb 27, 2007

nopantsjack posted:

Make a Culture series.

Why would HBO even make a Foundation series theres like one woman in it, they're gonna have to put in a whole lot of mathmatical sexposition scenes.

e: I did like how they would say things like "Space damnit!" though

Use of Weapons and Consider Phlebas would be some grim rear end poo poo.

Canine Blues Arooo
Jan 7, 2008

when you think about it...i'm the first girl you ever spent the night with

Grimey Drawer

Gryphon0468 posted:

Yeah that's me, so what? I didn't make it a secret I am a SC fan. I must say your journalistic digging skills are quite impressive. I hear there's gonna be an opening at the Escapist soon.

Can you be a fan of something that doesn't, and won't exist? Does that make you delusional or just dumb?

Fushigi Yuugi fansub
Jan 20, 2007

BUTT STUFF

Darkpriest667 posted:

NO you will read through the misery like the rest of us for the few gold nuggets that exist!! It is your obligation and duty as a goon.

Also Gryphon, stop trying to outshitpost me. It's not going to happen. Just because you were dumb enough to give 2500 bucks to this scam, which was more than I paid for my last car that still runs (It's real and I can actually use it unlike the game), does not give you the right to come in here and start trying to shitpost so badly it makes me look good. That's unacceptable.

Beer will school you on Star Citizen, he knows more about it's development than Christ Roberts does.

ok i did it

de_dust
Jan 21, 2009

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.

nopantsjack posted:

Make a Culture series.

the culture series isn't gritty or post-apocolyptic enough and would make a boring as gently caress show

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

tooterfish posted:

:awesomelon:
I'll loving cut you!

Some super nerd autist manages to figure out everything thats going to happen in a book written by a super nerd autist.

"poo poo how are we gonna get out of this bind?"

*Whatshisface shows up and saves the day* "With Science!"

Repeat every season

• Locked thread