Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SilentW
Apr 3, 2009

my It dept hgere is fucking clwonshoes, and as someone hwo used to do IT for 9 years it pains me to see them fbe so terriuble
Holy gently caress this game still exists and my account is still in the clan. Wow. It's time to hop on Motoko Kusanagi's Wild Ride again, I suppose... Is it slightly less lovely than it was in.... uh, 2013?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dalmuti
Apr 8, 2007
I think the best advice is to mostly shoot people in the face

Artificer
Apr 8, 2010

You're going to try ponies and you're. Going. To. LOVE. ME!!
2nd Professional Killer on Seaport, this time with the CR. :)

I think I'm going to take a leaf out of Switch's book and try meleeing for a while. Ninja time!

182 hp, 4 gear slots, katana in depot, shurikens, breach hammer, shock grenades, and throwing knives for style points.

I would use a bow for maximum medieval but I can't get it AND it would probably be awful.

40 Proof Listerine
Jul 1, 2007

Baroness Kanan-Zelaya of the minor House of Carbon

Artificer posted:

I think I'm going to take a leaf out of Switch's book and try meleeing for a while. Ninja time!

182 hp, 4 gear slots, katana in depot, shurikens, breach hammer, shock grenades, and throwing knives for style points.

I would use a bow for maximum medieval but I can't get it AND it would probably be awful.
Everything is better with a bow. Bow is perfect for melee since the bow melee stabs people with the arrows and you can headshot with it.

Only problem with stabbing people with your arrows is that if it doesn't kill them, it's stuck in them until they die and it pulls from your reserve, so have at least two arrows on hand for stab city. Don't want to stab somebody with your last arrow and just look silly!

Artificer
Apr 8, 2010

40 Proof Listerine posted:

Everything is better with a bow. Bow is perfect for melee since the bow melee stabs people with the arrows and you can headshot with it.

I did not know that. That is amazing!

SwitchbladeKult
Apr 4, 2012

"The warmth of life has entered my tomb!"

Artificer posted:

:getin:

Artificer posted:

I did not know that. That is amazing!

I had a video of the bow and there is a section of like 5 or 6 kill in a row that are nothing but head stabbings. Go check it out!

Artificer
Apr 8, 2010

SwitchbladeKult posted:

:getin:

I had a video of the bow and there is a section of like 5 or 6 kill in a row that are nothing but head stabbings. Go check it out!

Oh wow I watched that before and I didn't even notice the head popping when you stabbed people in the head.

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
Anyone still playing this? I played way back in beta and just remembered a few days ago that the gear looked really neat in this game. GOON looks like it's dead though. :v:

Artificer
Apr 8, 2010

Robo Reagan posted:

Anyone still playing this? I played way back in beta and just remembered a few days ago that the gear looked really neat in this game. GOON looks like it's dead though. :v:

What the hell are you talking about? A couple of us are playing now.

Also wow throwing knives have slow projectile speed. It's pretty awful considering it only does 200 damage. Breach hammer is much more effective as a melee weapon. Especially once you pull out the katana after getting enough money with it.

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
Compared to release, anyway. Was just wondering if goons migrated or not.

Artificer
Apr 8, 2010

Ugh wow I'm pretty awful at using the shotgun, or revolver as primary. Hell I'm better with the breach hammer as primary than I am with the revolver.

Edit: There's a couple of us who play pretty regularly.

Lima
Jun 17, 2012

The clan would've been more active if we could actually invite people at the moment :argh:

Artificer
Apr 8, 2010

Lima posted:

The clan would've been more active if we could actually invite people at the moment :argh:

Oh. That's busted? Really? Wow how long has it been?

I just perm'd the TAR. Seems like a fun gun. There's no gun calculator right? I'd have to rent the parts in order to see the resulting stats if I'm looking at a build with more than 1 new part?

What scopes do you guys like on the TAR?

SwitchbladeKult
Apr 4, 2012

Yea, the big reboot patch that was supposed to bring the player base back also broke clan invites so... gg? They promised to fix it "soon". :airquote: Still, there is a pretty dedicated group of about 5-10 GOONS that play regularly.

Artificer
Apr 8, 2010

SwitchbladeKult posted:

Yea, the big reboot patch that was supposed to bring the player base back also broke clan invites so... gg? They promised to fix it "soon". :airquote: Still, there is a pretty dedicated group of about 5-10 GOONS that play regularly.

Switch, what was your go fast build for the BFR?

SwitchbladeKult
Apr 4, 2012

Artificer posted:

Switch, what was your go fast build for the BFR?

I settled on a build Lima/Cirena showed me: Armcom Balanced, Ogre CQC, and the Silverwood z1200. I use the Silverwood Combo scope, extended magazine, and the ammo tag as well.

Artificer
Apr 8, 2010

SwitchbladeKult posted:

I settled on a build Lima/Cirena showed me: Armcom Balanced, Ogre CQC, and the Silverwood z1200. I use the Silverwood Combo scope, extended magazine, and the ammo tag as well.

I went with Krane Power, Silverwood SW-09, Silverwood z1200, Silverwood combo scope, quick mags, and a health tag. 2.28 hipfire spread, 56 damage, 1.21 recoil which can somehow gently caress me up sometimes, and 7.74 run on a 180 armor build. Seems great so far.

LGD
Sep 25, 2004

Artificer posted:

Oh. That's busted? Really? Wow how long has it been?

I just perm'd the TAR. Seems like a fun gun. There's no gun calculator right? I'd have to rent the parts in order to see the resulting stats if I'm looking at a build with more than 1 new part?

What scopes do you guys like on the TAR?

I use the 2x IR, but my TAR is also set up to have reasonably good accuracy in hipfire and while moving

Artificer
Apr 8, 2010

Slayvus, ender of Professional Killer dreams. :negative:

SlayVus
Jul 10, 2009
Grimey Drawer
gently caress those guys in the BBC clan. I can't get anything on them. They both went like 25+/4.

Artificer
Apr 8, 2010

SlayVus posted:

gently caress those guys in the BBC clan. I can't get anything on them. They both went like 25+/4.

Yeah the two of them were insane. If both were on one team it was all over.

SwitchbladeKult
Apr 4, 2012

I've seen so many hacks floating around since parody. It makes me suspicious of anyone that consistently goes near 30 kills a round with only 1-5 deaths. Am I just being cynical?

The Jumpoff
May 4, 2011
Your dad's in the Russian Mafia, that's the jumpoff!

SwitchbladeKult posted:

I've seen so many hacks floating around since parody. It makes me suspicious of anyone that consistently goes near 30 kills a round with only 1-5 deaths. Am I just being cynical?

A tiny bit. I can usually get 20+ kills without many deaths relatively easily. 30+ is a bit much though, but it is also heavily dependent on the map.

Lima
Jun 17, 2012

Most aimbotters seems to be superobivous at the moment as there's no competitive scene for the sneakytogglers to pollute.

I've seen a return of the antiafk bots over the weekend though. That might just be a lego robot that presses space every 20 seconds of whatever :v:

Artificer
Apr 8, 2010

The Jumpoff posted:

A tiny bit. I can usually get 20+ kills without many deaths relatively easily. 30+ is a bit much though, but it is also heavily dependent on the map.

Jesus Christ you people are way too good at this game. :negative:

Lima
Jun 17, 2012

Artificer posted:

Sometimes things just click :smugdog:
I miss Dropzone.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord
Is the mode with the spider tank still in the game or did that get removed?

Artificer
Apr 8, 2010

Improbable Lobster posted:

Is the mode with the spider tank still in the game or did that get removed?

It got removed. I hope it'll be polished a bit and then re-added soon though.

Goddamn now that I've gotten Professional Killers I really really want more. It's a goddamn addiction. This does not play well with my predilection for being hyper-aggressive (and bad) though. :smith:

The Jumpoff
May 4, 2011
Your dad's in the Russian Mafia, that's the jumpoff!

Artificer posted:

:ssh: I've been playing FPS'es since I was six. I'm 22 now.

Maddot_66
Apr 4, 2007
Take the bomb to C, C Dammit!!

:dukedog:

SwitchbladeKult posted:

I dunno, but I find it kinda strange that i've become the litmus test for hackers among goons. "that guy has more kills then Maddot! Hacker!!"

SlayVus
Jul 10, 2009
Grimey Drawer

Lima posted:

Sometimes things just click :smugdog:
I miss Dropzone.

That is like a tank pulling a wagon of babies.

Artificer
Apr 8, 2010

Anyone know what all the different killstreaks are? Professional Killer is at 10 I think and Beast Mode is at 20 but I'm not sure about the others.

LGD
Sep 25, 2004

Artificer posted:

Anyone know what all the different killstreaks are? Professional Killer is at 10 I think and Beast Mode is at 20 but I'm not sure about the others.
Kill Streak = 3
Dominating = 5
Unstoppable = 7
Professional Killer = 10
Beast Mode = 20

Artificer posted:

I went with Krane Power, Silverwood SW-09, Silverwood z1200, Silverwood combo scope, quick mags, and a health tag. 2.28 hipfire spread, 56 damage, 1.21 recoil which can somehow gently caress me up sometimes, and 7.74 run on a 180 armor build. Seems great so far.

This build owns btw

Artificer
Apr 8, 2010

LGD posted:

Kill Streak = 3
Dominating = 5
Unstoppable = 7
Professional Killer = 10
Beast Mode = 20

This build owns btw

It's a little light on the damage so straight shoot outs can be difficult to win especially if you're not running heavy armor, but it's damned accurate. Thanks, btw!

LGD
Sep 25, 2004

Artificer posted:

It's a little light on the damage so straight shoot outs can be difficult to win especially if you're not running heavy armor, but it's damned accurate. Thanks, btw!

I don't think the lower damage hurts it that much, because you pretty much always need two bursts. Having the extra accuracy helps you land those. I didn't feel like I was landing a lethal number of bullets that much slower than my 56 damage AK would

SwitchbladeKult
Apr 4, 2012

I am the left shark... :downs:

Miss-Bomarc
Aug 1, 2009
The new meta where everyone's using tapfire scripts with the BFR is so great.

Artificer
Apr 8, 2010

Yeah, so as I mentioned to Switch, I got my first Professional Killer with my new Go Fast BFR build earlier today on a KOTH build. It wasn't until I got to 15 kills when I looked a bit closer at the scoreboard and realized that my team wasn't utterly dominating because we were all so good, but it was because the other team lost its experienced half which disappeared when they started losing, and the remaining half were full of newbies who mostly didn't seem to know what they were really doing.

What the hell happened to Proving Ground servers? Those poor guys should have been there learning the ropes more before they got tossed to the sharks. That was the first achievement sort of thing in a video game that made me feel really drat dirty and left a bad taste in my mouth. :(

http://steamcommunity.com/id/Technonarrator/screenshot/646622015408325049

Poddus at least consistently gave me a run for my money, leaving me often at 2 or 52 health. The others seemed like they didn't really know what the HRV was...

Lazermaniac
Sep 2, 2007
Do not stare into beam with remaining eye.
Is anybody else's game crashing out after a round or two on Windows 10? Been trying to get back into the swing of things but the constant crashes are really kicking my rear end, and the steam discussions are unsurprisingly devoid of any advice.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SwitchbladeKult
Apr 4, 2012

Lazermaniac posted:

Is anybody else's game crashing out after a round or two on Windows 10? Been trying to get back into the swing of things but the constant crashes are really kicking my rear end, and the steam discussions are unsurprisingly devoid of any advice.

I've been wrecked by this. I can't play anything now. Hell, sometimes Chrome or my start menu trips it up and crashes the video driver. The nvidia forums and answers.microsoft forums are flooded with complaints. I've tried everything and can't figure it out. I even changed the TDR settings through the registry and nothing. Today I'm going to memtest my card to be sure it's not the memory and might try underclocking the GPU but the errors all point to the driver freaking out then causing a kernel panic.

• Locked thread