Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Deutsch Nozzle
Mar 29, 2008

#1 Macklemore fan
Just ran into someone in a clan called [CHAIA] Cheng Guan. Looks like they got their clan name so I honestly don't see why they're so upset at us. :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ChickenWyngz
Apr 3, 2015

Got them WMD's! Got that Pandemic!

Deutsch Nozzle posted:

Just ran into someone in a clan called [CHAIA] Cheng Guan. Looks like they got their clan name so I honestly don't see why they're so upset at us. :v:

Now we just tell people that CHAIA are a holding clan for people trialling for us but not good enough at the moment

got fired from Snopes
Aug 28, 2014
Let me get an invite to NA. Mariguana.

PenguinScotty
Nov 13, 2012

Hotpants Icecream

Dezztroy posted:

Are all the commanders trash? Only the starter lady and founder guy seem like they've got skills a person would want. Haven't unlocked any except the Russian guy and he seems absolutely useless.

Really depends on which tank. There are a couple commanders you unlock by playing tanks. Here is a decent site going through them

For MBTs, Juan Carlos seems to be really good, especially for Russian MBTs with their Autoloaders/lack of reload speed upgrade due to that as well as aim time and accuracy.

Ioannis Sanna might actually be fun to use for Artillery and it's copious splash damage. Rashid Al-Atassi seems great for Vics that run mostly ATGMs.

Sabrina i still like to throw in TDs as well as Scouts and overall, Maximilian is nice to run in a fresh tank, just to get some unlocks and crew trained a bit quicker.

The variety of Commanders seems pretty good and hopefully they'll add some more.

Sevorast
Sep 13, 2011

Incoming!
Invite on NA please, name is Sevo.

Helter Skelter
Feb 10, 2004

BEARD OF HAVOC

captain poopfister posted:

INV to NA please as cptfisty.
Done.

Mariguana posted:

Let me get an invite to NA. Mariguana.
Done.

Sevorast posted:

Invite on NA please, name is Sevo.
And done.

Magni
Apr 29, 2009
Great, so for some reason my computer refuses to save any screenshots I make of this. :(

Just had a great/rage-inducing game with the BMP-1 of all things. Over 4200 damage, 6 kills, 12 spots. Almost 2200xp and over 120k credits. Ace Tanker, Master Gunner, Recon and... Iron Star. Because of course the pubbie brigade had to gently caress it all up and lose anyway. I earned more xp than anyone on the winning team, too.

Edit: And then the next match with the BMP-1, I score 5 kills and almost 3600 damage, for 2kxp, 115k credits and another Ace Tanker, Master gunner and a Gold Star. And it unlocked the BMP-1P, too. :haw:

Magni fucked around with this message at 19:20 on Oct 4, 2015

Chompers
Jun 29, 2006
Looking for an invite to the NA group, in game as 'Chomp'.

Sevorast
Sep 13, 2011

Incoming!

Helter Skelter posted:

Done.

Done.

And done.

Thanks.

Valle
Apr 16, 2004

Telling customers how to solve world problems since 2001
Invite on NA please, name is AlleviatedRisk

demonR6
Sep 4, 2012

There are too many stupid people in the world. I'm not saying we should kill them all or anything. Just take the warning labels off of everything and let the problem solve itself.

Lipstick Apathy

Deutsch Nozzle posted:

Well the problem for Cheng Guan is we took CHAI in the first place. Sure they created CHAIA but they did not get their WoT clan name which Goons currently hold the title to. I am sure their new name is not what their first choice was/is and you can probably bet we are on their poo poo list.

It will be fun if we run into them in game and get into a "You stole our clan name!" exchange or people ask WTF is going on. We are CHAI, those other CHAIA are imposters. Also would you like a nice cup of tea?

Darkmoon2k
May 1, 2005
Tier 5 is the worst spot to be in right now. You have to contend with the huge amount of tier 6 players and now people are starting to unlock the tier 7's, so getting thrown into tier 7 games is becoming increasingly common.

You are almost guaranteed to be bottom gun in most games.

ugh its Troika
May 2, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Isn't the PL-01 that was shown at a recent exhibition still basically just a mockup that doesn't do anything?

Protip: do your daily doubles in PVE. You get as much if not more XP from a good PVE game on medium than you do in a good PVP game. Though in exchange, the cash payouts are far shittier.

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

demonR6 posted:

It will be fun if we run into them in game and get into a "You stole our clan name!" exchange or people ask WTF is going on. We are CHAI, those other CHAIA are imposters. Also would you like a nice cup of tea?

Already have done this exact scenario.

hopterque
Mar 9, 2007

sup

-Troika- posted:

Protip: do your daily doubles in PVE. You get as much if not more XP from a good PVE game on medium than you do in a good PVP game. Though in exchange, the cash payouts are far shittier.

This isn't true at all, a good pve match might get you 2500 xp on a double and a good pvp match will get you twice that pretty easily.

Honest Davion
Jul 25, 2006
I buy Joel Nerf Guns
Can I get an invite on EU as Thornback.

Also I am terrible at this but still love it. PvE is great for a change every now and then (and for first wins.)

Triple A
Jul 14, 2010

Your sword, sahib.
Invite me in for the EU one. I go by TripleAlfa.

CitizenKain
May 27, 2001

That was Gary Cooper, asshole.

Nap Ghost
I'll take an invite for CHAI on NA, Citizenkain on there as well.

They need to add in coloring tanks ASAP so I can make the XM 800 bright red.

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

XM800 can get hosed Jesus that tank is dumb.

Kaddion
Jan 12, 2008

My gosh, you're right Sam! THE GORILLA SHOULD BE DRIVING!

BadLlama posted:

It and the Dragoon are my favourite tanks for loving around in.

Bobatron
May 12, 2007

let me tell you of a
place called Cylesborgia,
where robosexuals and
lesbians live together
in harmony :roboluv:
Can i get an invite to CHAI on NA my ign is bobatron, for consistency.

Warbadger
Jun 17, 2006

BadLlama posted:

It's stupid fast and has ridiculously good camo and spotting.

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

Warbadger posted:

Yeah it's loving strong as hell. My amx 10 with good slotting range can get plinked to death by ones that some how manage to stay invisible.

Darkmoon2k
May 1, 2005
Pubbies and their ability to get butthurt at simply seeing a clan tag is astounding. I need to screenshot these more often, because it happens a lot.

Darkmoon2k fucked around with this message at 01:11 on Oct 5, 2015

cheese
Jan 7, 2004

Shop around for doctors! Always fucking shop for doctors. Doctors are stupid assholes. And they get by because people are cowed by their mystical bullshit quality of being able to maintain a 3.0 GPA at some Guatemalan medical college for 3 semesters. Find one that makes sense.
Anyone else struggle to even log in? I sit on a black screen or "authenticating" for like 10-15 minutes sometimes.

Crash74
May 11, 2009
Give it 1-2 min tops, if it dont work exit and retry. If it still aint workin con-alt-del and end the mygames process and retry from there. You will know its working right when it takes 5-10 seconds to get on.

Pendent
Nov 16, 2011

The bonds of blood transcend all others.
But no blood runs stronger than that of Sanguinius
Grimey Drawer
Can I get an NA invite for Pendent? I'm looking forward to the tear from CHAI.

Darkmoon2k
May 1, 2005

Pendent posted:

Can I get an NA invite for Pendent? I'm looking forward to the tear from CHAI.

Sent.

Schlesische
Jul 4, 2012

Invite for NA, in as Artemisinin

Stevefin
Sep 30, 2013

cheese posted:

Anyone else struggle to even log in? I sit on a black screen or "authenticating" for like 10-15 minutes sometimes.

Fixes are strange. sometimes using the repair tool works, to redownloading. I changed to the EU sever, logged in and changed back to NA seemed to fix it for me

Deutsch Nozzle
Mar 29, 2008

#1 Macklemore fan

The MBT-70 is a good tank.

Magni
Apr 29, 2009
It's currently pretty OP, but that's becuase you're pretty much guaranteed to be top-tier with the matches bein dominated by T4s and T5s, none of which have any realistic chance of penetrating the front of the MBT-70. Hell, most of them have a hard time getting through the turret sides. Once you get more higher-tier competition, it's probably going to become quite a bit less spectaular, what with the kinda anemic gun handling and vey long reloads.

Equate
Nov 11, 2011

lav-300 , such a lovely thing. non double

Equate fucked around with this message at 05:10 on Oct 5, 2015

Warbadger
Jun 17, 2006

Magni posted:

It's currently pretty OP, but that's becuase you're pretty much guaranteed to be top-tier with the matches bein dominated by T4s and T5s, none of which have any realistic chance of penetrating the front of the MBT-70. Hell, most of them have a hard time getting through the turret sides. Once you get more higher-tier competition, it's probably going to become quite a bit less spectaular, what with the kinda anemic gun handling and vey long reloads.

Long reloads but lots of damage per shot. Gun isn't bad, but yeah, MBTs do pretty well at top tier thanks to the way they scale penetration by tier. Like all MBTs it will be poo poo as bottom tier in the T6-9 matches when its One Weird Trick doesn't work due to things in T7+ effortlessly penetrating its thickest armor.

Terminator is pro-tier OP. Even at higher tiers the armor is still competitive, as are the amazing burst damage ATGMs and the autocannons. Plus the good camo, good spotting distance, good speed/handling, etc.

Warbadger fucked around with this message at 05:38 on Oct 5, 2015

Deutsch Nozzle
Mar 29, 2008

#1 Macklemore fan
It's why trying to play in a normal tier 4 right now is akin to repeatedly slamming your dick in a drawer.

CitizenKain
May 27, 2001

That was Gary Cooper, asshole.

Nap Ghost

Warbadger posted:

I don't even play it right, I just race around the map and spray bullets at people.

Valle
Apr 16, 2004

Telling customers how to solve world problems since 2001

CitizenKain posted:

I don't even play it right, I just race around the map and spray bullets at people.

Pretty sure that this is the right way to play it. :v:

PenguinScotty
Nov 13, 2012

Hotpants Icecream
Bleh, i'm stuck half way through the T-72 and kind of lost drive. The prospect of 45-65 games to get through it coupled with the fact that it's essentially unlocking the same tank (HOBOY! T-72A!) made me question my life choices. Looking at the prospect of having to do 180+ and then 360+ for the T-90 gives me a sudden urge to start drinking.

Also thought that PvE would be a bit more engaging, having somewhat of a story and all, however after the 30th time destroying Water Towers or taking Oil Refineries, things get a bit predictable.

Think i'll just run around in the Terminator for a few days to relieve the annoyance of grinding for progression.

DOCTOR ZIMBARDO
May 8, 2006
Realizing that I can leave the match when I die and go play a match in something else has made me a much worse player but done a bit to relieve the grind as I just alternate between the T-64, the Scorpion and the AMX-10.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Michaellaneous
Oct 30, 2013

Not entirely sure what the thought process behind the T90 was.
But I mean it's a Russian tank so probably "Let's give tank two red eyes to make it look evil."

• Locked thread