Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

FranktheBank
May 14, 2007
In the beginning...the universe was created. his has been widely regarded as a bad move and has made a lot of people very angry.
Anyone on right now? LFG - 34 clr or 10 mnk on red, 20 pal on blue

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Canna Happy
Jul 11, 2004
The engine, code A855, has a cast iron closed deck block and split crankcase. It uses an 8.1:1 compression ratio with Mahle cast eutectic aluminum alloy pistons, forged connecting rods with cracked caps and threaded-in 9 mm rod bolts, and a cast high

khysanth posted:

This is why I didn't bother to re-app/join my old IB/TR crew when I came back for Velious. Job... wife... no way I could commit to the playtime I used to on Booter/Khysanth.

e- also :siren: DOUBLE XP IS NOW LIVE :siren:

I just couldn't make myself play after we killed vulak on the first night. Also, I'm more than willing to tank the dire for you guys, just send me a pm if you want some help. Pretty sure I could duo it with one of you.

Pyrocat
Oct 31, 2006
not a furry
Oh hey Canna, didn't realize we had any other goons in the guild.

Canna Happy
Jul 11, 2004
The engine, code A855, has a cast iron closed deck block and split crankcase. It uses an 8.1:1 compression ratio with Mahle cast eutectic aluminum alloy pistons, forged connecting rods with cracked caps and threaded-in 9 mm rod bolts, and a cast high

It's Oly, you nerd. :taco: :burger: :taco:

Canna Happy fucked around with this message at 22:24 on Oct 2, 2015

Pyrocat
Oct 31, 2006
not a furry
edit: nvm just similar names.

I wish I could be double exping right now but I'm out of town this weekend.

Pyrocat fucked around with this message at 00:56 on Oct 3, 2015

FranktheBank
May 14, 2007
In the beginning...the universe was created. his has been widely regarded as a bad move and has made a lot of people very angry.
XP is nuts. Went from 34 to four blues from 42 today. Gonna level an alt tomorrow I think so I can let Edricks catch up. Thinking about starting a Pally, maybe a rogue.

Nilbog Resident
Dec 23, 2005

X Y v ^
Forever thanks to the true goon bro who randomly PLd me from a just-delevelled 30 to 37 in SolA <3

TouchToneDialing
Jul 21, 2006

Pyrocat posted:

Oh hey Canna, didn't realize we had any other goons in the guild.

This is Parliement too ;)

xZAOx
Sep 6, 2004
PORKCHOP SANDWICHES

TouchToneDialing posted:

This is Parliement too ;)

Didn't know you were a goon! Or, I probably did know, but forgot.

insulated staircase
Aug 21, 2014

double exp made it too crowded at higher levels so I decided to play my ranger alt for once

I've died more times today than I have in the past two months playing the others

aparmenideanmonad
Jan 28, 2004
Balls to you and your way of mortal opinions - you don't exist anyway!
Fun Shoe

a real jerk posted:

ranger...died
That's kind of redundant.

Summit
Mar 6, 2004

David wanted you to have this.
To his point it's definitely been amateur hour this weekend. Been hit with more trains in a single day that I have in weeks. Zones are full and people are pushing beyond their limits a bit to get that sweet double xp.

Pillow Armadillo
Nov 15, 2005

"Beware the Jabberwock, my son!"
I, too, took the sucker's bet and tried to camp Pained Soul during the exp weekend. Should've stuck it out, but after 3 hours of nothing but placeholders I was kinda wishing I'd been on corpse runs instead :orks101:

Buane
Nov 28, 2005

When all are one and one is all
To be a rock and not to roll
Double exp weekend brought me back to P99 Red since I figured it was the best time to get started again. Don't suppose anybody has a Druid weapon better than a Splintering Club they could throw my way? :unsmith:

I Love You!
Dec 6, 2002

Buane posted:

Double exp weekend brought me back to P99 Red since I figured it was the best time to get started again. Don't suppose anybody has a Druid weapon better than a Splintering Club they could throw my way? :unsmith:

Is there a better druid weapon than splintering club?

Anarch
Feb 22, 2011

In the midnight hour...
You could quest for a Jaggedpine Crook which is slightly better than a splintering club, but also magical. Another cheap but worthwhile upgrade would be a Springwood Club.

Buane
Nov 28, 2005

When all are one and one is all
To be a rock and not to roll

Anarch posted:

You could quest for a Jaggedpine Crook which is slightly better than a splintering club, but also magical. Another cheap but worthwhile upgrade would be a Springwood Club.

Yeah, Surefall is across the world. Something like the Springwood Club will be my first purchase once I can make some plat at the sisters camp in Lfay but still a few levels shy of that. Just got my level 9 damage shield which is basically double the DPS of a 4/28 weapon, at least.

I Love You!
Dec 6, 2002

Buane posted:

Yeah, Surefall is across the world. Something like the Springwood Club will be my first purchase once I can make some plat at the sisters camp in Lfay but still a few levels shy of that. Just got my level 9 damage shield which is basically double the DPS of a 4/28 weapon, at least.

I would honestly spend all that money on spells instead and just try to get as many levels as possible.

Ashenden
Feb 6, 2013
Mistmoore has been terrible for me this weekend. Also Advisor is up if anybody wants to kill the Black Dire.

Ashenden fucked around with this message at 04:10 on Oct 5, 2015

Not_Rainbow_Horse
Nov 11, 2013

Ashenden posted:

Mistmoore has been terrible for me this weekend. Also Advisor is up if anybody wants to kill the Black Dire.

I keep logging on for 10-20 minutes to see if i can get a group then i give up. Too many people online!

aparmenideanmonad
Jan 28, 2004
Fun Shoe
EQEmu shows max pop on blue got up to 2083 this weekend. Anyone get a screenshot of it? This is from Sunday night:

Ashenden
Feb 6, 2013
Did anybody bag anything cool in the repop?

aparmenideanmonad
Jan 28, 2004
Fun Shoe

Ashenden posted:

I'm moving my monk to MM right now btw, if you're going to be up awhile log on and shoot me a tell on Bugen.

And I'm out, will try to meet up with you black dire wanters later this week.

aparmenideanmonad fucked around with this message at 05:50 on Oct 5, 2015

Pathos
Sep 8, 2000

I grabbed 7 levels this weekend, going from 21 - 28. Almost entirely in Unrest. God it was packed. Also simultaneously watched a lot of Reno 911. Was fun.

iNteg
Dec 17, 2007

Ashenden posted:

cleared 8 dragons in VP, Dozekar, Talendor, Vox, Vindi.

Kefit
May 16, 2006
layl
The original plan this weekend was to grind past 45, but as it turns out I've been too busy with work to play much at all. Doesn't seem like it matters too much though. I'm currently at the drolvarg cliffs in Firiona Vie and in the brief time I've gotten in this weekend there have been too many swarmers and quad kiters to really get much grinding done. Haven't really had the time to relocate either. Oh well.

aparmenideanmonad posted:

I'm moving my monk to MM right now btw, if you're going to be up awhile log on and shoot me a tell on Bugen.

Thanks! I'll move myself over to Faydwer as soon as I get the chance and hopefully we can make this happen some night this week. Maybe I'll poke my head into Kedge when I'm over there, I've always wanted to see what that place is like inside.

Ashenden
Feb 6, 2013

aparmenideanmonad posted:

drat missed you by a few minutes, my bad.

Ramulack
Oct 12, 2009
I was 98% into 53 when double xp hit on friday.

From Friday night to Sunday night I got from there to 14% into 55.

How does 55 compare to 54? I know 54 is often complained about but to me it did not seem much different than 55. Granted, the double xp weekend and the over crowdedness makes it difficult for me to judge at the moment.

Pratan
Dec 31, 2006

55 sucks. My mage is 55, and I'm not noticing a difference from 54. I was duoing with a 54 mage for 3 hours last night, and he was matching me in exp gains all night.

56 needs to be better with DDD.

I Love You!
Dec 6, 2002
55 takes about 75% as long as 54 by xp volume. It's not MUCH better than the hell level that proceeds it but it's a noticeable improvement.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.
Welp, I've learned to respect the hell out of the lava in SolA. Died once when we pulled a bit much and then died two more times to lava just trying to drag my corpse back to the entrance. :smith:

Thanks to the goon who bravely dove into the lava with levitation to help me fish a corpse back out so I didn't end up losing much XP.

Pillow Armadillo
Nov 15, 2005

"Beware the Jabberwock, my son!"

Zaphod42 posted:

Welp, I've learned to respect the hell out of the lava in SolA. Died once when we pulled a bit much and then died two more times to lava just trying to drag my corpse back to the entrance. :smith:

Thanks to the goon who bravely dove into the lava with levitation to help me fish a corpse back out so I didn't end up losing much XP.

Sorry about last night. Lost internet as we were trying to break the king camp and probably died somewhere near the bar. I'll try to help with the corpse run when I'm on today.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

Pillow Armadillo posted:

Sorry about last night. Lost internet as we were trying to break the king camp and probably died somewhere near the bar. I'll try to help with the corpse run when I'm on today.

No worries dude, I got it all taken care of last night with some help from some other guildies. I was a little worried that I got too frustrated and made you log. It all worked out in the end, and I ended up crashing not too long after.

Yeah your corpse is chilling in there. :cheeky:

Ashenden
Feb 6, 2013
drat my CE group pulled advisor to us so Black Dire is hanging out now. I'll be on a few hours for sure this time if you get the chance.

Goodbye sweet dog.

Ashenden fucked around with this message at 20:15 on Oct 5, 2015

Kefit
May 16, 2006
layl

Ashenden posted:

drat my CE group pulled advisor to us so Black Dire is hanging out now. I'll be on a few hours for sure this time if you get the chance.

Unfortunately I'm not gonna be home from work for another eight hours, but maybe the other Black Dire guy can make it in time.

aparmenideanmonad
Jan 28, 2004
Fun Shoe

Kefit posted:

Unfortunately I'm not gonna be home from work for another eight hours, but maybe the other Black Dire guy can make it in time.

I should be able to log on tonight after 10pm EST or so. Throw a post up in here if I'm not in game.

I Love You!
Dec 6, 2002
Discord is drawing closer! Do you want to be one of those jerks travelling in a squad of 6 casters, many of whom are pet classes, while we roll through the world cackling with glee?? Then this is your chance!

We have 2 open slots still, which I am getting pretty drat tired of trying to fill, but everyone we've talked to so far is on a really different schedule than us (we are EST and CST dudes who often have jobs and can't stay up all night). If you are pretty good at this stupid game and want to do stupid stuff on a permadeath server you should talk to me, at some point, and maybe play with us on Red until the time dawns???? We are going to gain XP stupid fast if we can finish off the last few slots of the group and people will be really, really afraid of us especially if we can recruit 1-2 more mages for the maximum Earth Pet bullshit experience!

Red update for anyone who cares, we are now ~51ish and in City of Mist. We're going to try to get the majority of the crew to the mid-50s and then roll around gearing up a bit before we push for the higher-end, since we hit very hard in PvP but are basically unable to resist a goddamn root. If you are ever on, look for Scoobs or Badtown or Mahj or Teddy and send a tell!

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

I am a CST dude who has a job and can't stay up all night and I might be down for rolling around on Discord as a caster wrecking people, but I kinda don't want to commit to anything because I've been pretty drat busy this month. What is the schedule / plan looking like?

I Love You!
Dec 6, 2002

Zaphod42 posted:

I am a CST dude who has a job and can't stay up all night and I might be down for rolling around on Discord as a caster wrecking people, but I kinda don't want to commit to anything because I've been pretty drat busy this month. What is the schedule / plan looking like?

It is impossible to know until they announce a launch date. The schedule is going to be a loose "when we can play" but we'll be making efforts to play nightly at least when the server launches, though poopsocking is out. We might go nuts occasionally on a weekend if everyone is around.

It's much harder to do this as an old man than it once was :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ashenden
Feb 6, 2013
Bugen bagged Black Dire for me, some level 50 Gnome seemed to be planning to try and engage it first. Naw.

Also got 2 levels today, guess I do better without double exp.

Ashenden fucked around with this message at 04:18 on Oct 6, 2015