Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
JohnnySmitch
Oct 20, 2004

Don't touch me there - Noone has that right.
I say we keep our lead and steer this meatship the hell outta here to the next system.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Izzhov
Dec 6, 2013

My head hurts.

Applewhite posted:

Test our new ship upgrade; use Cygnus's mighty fists to punch the planet below into rubble, then jump to the next system.

This. Maybe indulging in a little (a lot of) pointless violence and destruction will help mollify our crew after the near-mutiny we just had.

Izzhov fucked around with this message at 06:46 on Oct 5, 2015

Hogge Wild
Aug 21, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Pillbug

Al Borland posted:

Lay in wait for the enemy chasing us and throw the loving planet at them

I don't care who you are when you jump in and suddenly a planet is hurling at you you're hosed.

take the moon
Feb 13, 2011

by sebmojo
yeah i say we book it out of there

onwards to the next adventure~

simplefish
Mar 28, 2011

So long, and thanks for all the fish gallbladdΣrs!

Not to get all meta here, but you do realise the format, right?

This is an old CYOA book. Even if it lets us hurl a planet at The Unkillable Unstoppable Terminators Or Whatever that are chasing us, it's not going to let us win until a final Epic Showdown, probably in the last sector. For all of our cool gear and abilities, never forget that an arsehole author can - and frequently did in this type of book - kill us on a whim with a word or two, mechanics be damned.

SO

While I love the idea of pitching a planet like a fastball at whatever jumps in next to us, let's make sure we can make it count. Let's beat another race to a system and sit around in the Pleasure Swamp and maybe ambush them (if they show) like the sneaky lazy bastards we are.

My vote: get outta here, let capn and the ship get some energy back, don't think too hard about grand schemes, push on and find the crew something to sate their evident and frenzied bloodlust

Blurry Gray Thing
Jun 3, 2009
Let's start with a scan of the planet. I don't think that commits us to a day. We can decide to skip it or subjugate it once we know what it is.

If they've got any sort of civilization, they've been watching the carnage in space for some time, so they might be properly terrified right from the start. They've just seen three world-ending threats go at it in the sky, and we're the one that won.

Remember, unless we go down there for hand-to-hand (we suck at it), picking on an undeveloped world is simple, easy, and profitable. This system gave us plenty, but it also cost us a lot of morale and energy. Looting a planet is a lot closer to a rest-break than hurtling off into the unknown.

Al Borland
Oct 29, 2006

by XyloJW

simplefish posted:

Not to get all meta here, but you do realise the format, right?

This is an old CYOA book. Even if it lets us hurl a planet at The Unkillable Unstoppable Terminators Or Whatever that are chasing us, it's not going to let us win until a final Epic Showdown, probably in the last sector. For all of our cool gear and abilities, never forget that an arsehole author can - and frequently did in this type of book - kill us on a whim with a word or two, mechanics be damned.

SO

While I love the idea of pitching a planet like a fastball at whatever jumps in next to us, let's make sure we can make it count. Let's beat another race to a system and sit around in the Pleasure Swamp and maybe ambush them (if they show) like the sneaky lazy bastards we are.

My vote: get outta here, let capn and the ship get some energy back, don't think too hard about grand schemes, push on and find the crew something to sate their evident and frenzied bloodlust

You do realize this is Herman Skull's last book right? He gave literally no fucks at this point. I'm pretty sure he lets you hurl a world at them and it kills them so you can gain like 10 extra days.

simplefish
Mar 28, 2011

I admit I don't have a whole load of experience with Herman Skull's work, but even so I prefer the idea of trying to arrive places before the Cattes and Humans if only so there's more left to eat.

Bold Robot
Jan 6, 2009

Be brave.

spectres of autism posted:

yeah i say we book it out of there

onwards to the next adventure~

Saint Isaias Boner
Jan 17, 2007

posting is magic

Got 8 for leaving
4 for smashing the planet
3 to make a stand here
and 2 for scanning/looting the planet.

I'll leave it open a bit longer.

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

Dovie'andi se tovya sagain
Leave

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

Leave

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

Croc Smash!

Cobra Lionfist
Jun 4, 2013

Applewhite posted:

Test our new ship upgrade; use Cygnus's mighty fists to punch the planet below into rubble, then jump to the next system.

a whole buncha crows
May 8, 2003

WHEN WE DON'T KNOW WHO TO HATE, WE HATE OURSELVES.-SA USER NATION (AKA ME!)
Try out our new giant spacedick and balls, aim at the nearest planet

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Lets get the hell out of this system.

Sax Offender
Sep 9, 2007

College Slice
Leave the system. Leave the planet intact in the hopes that it occupies our pursuers for awhile.

Saint Isaias Boner
Jan 17, 2007

posting is magic

Right, leaving it is. Two questions while I scan in the pages that'll take us to Atlas:

a)Do you want to do something about that CRAPULENCE (by which I mean use the valet to take someone out) - and if so, who
and
b)How fast do we go: since our energy is low, do we want to get there as fast as possible to get the jump on the other species or take our sweet time to save energy (we will need to be clear of Atlas by day 20 and it's an 8-day jump by default, so we have time for either option)

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost

Gilganixon posted:

Right, leaving it is. Two questions while I scan in the pages that'll take us to Atlas:

a)Do you want to do something about that CRAPULENCE (by which I mean use the valet to take someone out) - and if so, who
and
b)How fast do we go: since our energy is low, do we want to get there as fast as possible to get the jump on the other species or take our sweet time to save energy (we will need to be clear of Atlas by day 20 and it's an 8-day jump by default, so we have time for either option)

Give Blind Pew the drinks umbrella.

Hogge Wild
Aug 21, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Pillbug
a) not yet
b) default

simplefish
Mar 28, 2011

We're leaving early so we can cruise smooooth
(Drive slow)

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost
I also vote for default speed. No need to waste energy.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

A leisurely drive with our new rotting space giant is exactly what we need right now. Just relax and take in the sites and sounds of the universe.

Radical and BADical!
Jun 27, 2010

by Lowtax
Fun Shoe
take it slow our captain needs some down time after all that regulatin

WorldsStongestNerd
Apr 28, 2010

by Fluffdaddy
It's time to take a break. Whatever we gotta do to lower crapulence and heal the captain.

a whole buncha crows
May 8, 2003

WHEN WE DON'T KNOW WHO TO HATE, WE HATE OURSELVES.-SA USER NATION (AKA ME!)
jack our giant space dick as we leave

Asterios
Apr 17, 2008

So long, Skorpex!

https://www.presidentbaby.com

Nation posted:

jack our giant space dick as we leave

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

Applewhite posted:

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:

Applewhite posted:

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

1. Not yet.
2. Let's get there Fast, that way we can get to the good looting. Hopefully we can refuel at the next stop.

Derpies
Mar 11, 2014

by sebmojo
Get out of the system and Give Blind pew the Drinks Umbrella

Runaktla
Feb 21, 2007

by Hand Knit
Do nothing about crapulence and drive slowly

Al Borland
Oct 29, 2006

by XyloJW
Lets get outta here at normal speed

We can gently caress the next galaxy.

Saint Isaias Boner
Jan 17, 2007

posting is magic

Update

Going slow, giving Pew the umbrella. This is the good choice given our energy situation. There were a few potential energy sources we didn't go for in the last two systems but we should be ok in the end.

Completed page:

Turning to 583:

We completed those checks right at the start of the game. If we hadn't it would lead to a bullshit death right here.
The only check we need to do is a CRAPULENCE check. The captain has expertise 9 and 3 Fists, the ship's crapulence is 13. I roll a couple of twos and a three, thereby failing the CRAPULENCE test.

When this happens you have to turn to a particular page in the book for each race. For the Caimans this is 5:

The greed and stupidity of the crew combined with the captain's laziness caused a huge stock market crash. This has the potential to be devastating but I rolled for every crew member we had left and only :rip:Blind Pew:rip: did the right thing died tragically. Now we have to decide how to respond to this economic castastrophe. The option we pick here will decide how bad the after effects are.

:rip::rip:

I'll update the Manifest once the fallout from this has settled. I'll let you know who replaces Pew tomorrow as well unless you have some particularly strong views about who the new comms officer should be.

How do we handle this financial crisis?

Saint Isaias Boner fucked around with this message at 03:00 on Oct 6, 2015

almost1337
Jun 14, 2013

The male likpatons turn around the nucleus formed of female boobons and neutral bolsterons
:rip: in peace, Blind Pew

Gilganixon posted:

We should bail out the SGSX-participating banks, cut taxes for the rich, and implement massive deficit spending programs - as is custom for all reptilian governments in time of crisis. The option of switching to a gold standard currency only ends up working out for the robots.

Asterios
Apr 17, 2008

So long, Skorpex!

https://www.presidentbaby.com
The best way out of a financial crisis is to lie about it. The Captian & SuGaBA cook up a report blaming the SGSX crash a latent Disco Alliance computer virus called "The Hustle." We claim the virus has been flushed, and we're restoring the index to pre-crash levels the moment everyone sobers up or gets out of sickbay!

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

Blame it all on dead crewmembers.

Pinche Rudo
Feb 8, 2005

Asterios posted:

The best way out of a financial crisis is to lie about it. The Captian & SuGaBA cook up a report blaming the SGSX crash a latent Disco Alliance computer virus called "The Hustle." We claim the virus has been flushed, and we're restoring the index to pre-crash levels the moment everyone sobers up or gets out of sickbay!

This is brilliant

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

Initiate full Communism now! :ussr:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Al Borland
Oct 29, 2006

by XyloJW

Gilganixon posted:

Do what germany did. FInd someone else to blame for all the problems. When we pop out of warp whatever species or planet we find blame them and say it was all a greedy conspiracy by them.

Then genocide.

Al Borland fucked around with this message at 05:06 on Oct 6, 2015

• Locked thread