Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
fennesz
Dec 29, 2008

Now that it's been a bit what is everyone's thought on the M4A4 v A1-S? I've gone back and fourth a few times and I can't make up my mind.

In general I've been using the A4 a bit more but based on the maps I play they tend to be longer range (and I struggle a lot with that and the A4) maybe I should just switch full-time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

fennesz posted:

Now that it's been a bit what is everyone's thought on the M4A4 v A1-S? I've gone back and fourth a few times and I can't make up my mind.

In general I've been using the A4 a bit more but based on the maps I play they tend to be longer range (and I struggle a lot with that and the A4) maybe I should just switch full-time.
Still an A1 junkie. It's much easier to control now.

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

the only difference now is i prefer using the ak on t side instead of the a1 now. i still havent got used to the slower fire rate.

Faffel
Dec 31, 2008

A bouncy little mouse!

Anther goon found him steaming with no viewers so the Dota irc channel packed into his channel as I ironically promoted him. It blew up, we abandoned him and the Gullin15 experience proved too entertaining to let go as the League community kept up what we were doing.

Now ez game ez life is a meme

if you look at the original reddit post I made it's people ripping on gullin saying he'll never be popular

how wrong they were

Faffel fucked around with this message at 08:36 on Oct 5, 2015

fennesz
Dec 29, 2008

I just experienced the worst feeling in CSGO. I buy a nade on pistol, throw it into the site connector...but my teammate jumps and blocks it. All 5 were sitting there with tec9's and no armor :negative:

dex_sda
Oct 11, 2012

People laughing at that keyboard config, one of the guys that revolutionized bunnyhopping in Quake had an almost identical setup. In fact this sort of setup (with keys bound wherever your fingers lay with a relaxed palm) was common in the quake speedrunning community

e; looking at this particular setup closer you still need to give yourself carpal tunnel to move efficiently; Shift and V should be walk left and right, and mouse should be firing like a regular person. Resume laughing

dex_sda fucked around with this message at 09:00 on Oct 5, 2015

Depths
Apr 15, 2009

SENPAI

FetalDave
Jun 25, 2011

Moumantai!

dex_sda posted:

People laughing at that keyboard config, one of the guys that revolutionized bunnyhopping in Quake had an almost identical setup. In fact this sort of setup (with keys bound wherever your fingers lay with a relaxed palm) was common in the quake speedrunning community

e; looking at this particular setup closer you still need to give yourself carpal tunnel to move efficiently; Shift and V should be walk left and right, and mouse should be firing like a regular person. Resume laughing

I actually started using that config because of Doom. I just never changed it as I got older. Also separating aiming from shooting to different hands help with keeping my aim stable.

Whatever tho it works!

FetalDave fucked around with this message at 15:24 on Oct 5, 2015

Apogee15
Jun 16, 2013
Only scrubs need a 10 second warning sound.

dex_sda
Oct 11, 2012

FetalDave posted:

I actually started using that config because of Doom. I just never changed it as I got older. Also separating aiming from shooting to different hands help with keeping my aim stable.

Whatever tho it works!

I guess in GO it might be more important to keep aim stable. However, in a game where flashy movement is more important like Quake it pays to decouple any movement from what you use for turning, so you can use both your hands to full advantage.

Not that you can't do flashy movement in GO but it's far less useful.

The Blue Caboose
May 20, 2007

jeff gerstmann hates fun

fennesz posted:

I actually used to struggle mightily with both the A1 and the A4 prior to this patch. It became a running joke with my friends, and I would be handed an AK whenever possible on CT side (which I didn't mind). After the patch, I still prefer the AK, but the M4A1s has a weird home in my heart now. The incredible stability has turned it into a headshot machine, and I can essentially fire the 5-6 shots I need for a kill without compensating for recoil. Basically, the m4a1s is super easy and forgiving in a lot of ways.

The M4A4 is still a problem gun for me. I expect it to have more recoil, so I always end up missing headshots (at least I whiff under, I guess). I do like being able to spray smoke pretty much constantly. I like having more bullets in the mag too in case I'm solo-holding a site, but really I'm a dumb idiot who will end up trying to highlight reel full spray down 4 players through the smoke, and I'll get 2 kills regardless of if I have 20 or 30 rounds in the mag.

dex_sda posted:

I guess in GO it might be more important to keep aim stable. However, in a game where flashy movement is more important like Quake it pays to decouple any movement from what you use for turning, so you can use both your hands to full advantage.

Not that you can't do flashy movement in GO but it's far less useful.

I can see the benefit of it, particularly with long range shots. You're aiming at a very small target in CSGO, and essentially eliminating trigger pull flinch would be really helpful, particularly with semiautomatic weapons. That's actually why I use an autofire macro for pistols in CS, although it tends to be less noticeable than something like the FAL in COD, which has no discernable recoil outside of the trigger flinch.

Xenaero
Sep 26, 2006

Slippery Tilde

fennesz posted:

Good. That's the idea. A1 suits more run and gun and stuttersteppin, A4 suits more classic play and straight up showdowns. Just pick whatever suits your style more!

They're both excellent guns. Get good with them both.

nftyw
Dec 27, 2006

It is a game... where you will put your life on the line.
Lipstick Apathy
drat those 99 cent stickers have shot up in price suddenly. Were they quietly removed from the system or something

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

nftyw posted:

drat those 99 cent stickers have shot up in price suddenly. Were they quietly removed from the system or something
I don't think any of the Sticker Capsules drop anymore except Enfu, which you have to buy anyways.

nftyw
Dec 27, 2006

It is a game... where you will put your life on the line.
Lipstick Apathy
No, I mean, stuff like Flickshot, Kawaii Killers, Drug War Vet are all riding up to $2+ now.

e: I'm guessing the music kit sale is stopping sticker offers from appearing so people went apeshit trying to stockpile them

nftyw fucked around with this message at 18:05 on Oct 5, 2015

henne
May 9, 2009

by exmarx
I've been fragging p hard in goonamns recently and want to step it up. I'm only DMG in mm, should I try to rank up and play harder mm or find some buddies and start doing cevo scrims and the like?

MF_James
May 8, 2008
I CANNOT HANDLE BEING CALLED OUT ON MY DUMBASS OPINIONS ABOUT ANTI-VIRUS AND SECURITY. I REALLY LIKE TO THINK THAT I KNOW THINGS HERE

INSTEAD I AM GOING TO WHINE ABOUT IT IN OTHER THREADS SO MY OPINION CAN FEEL VALIDATED IN AN ECHO CHAMBER I LIKE

hello internet posted:

Bomb timer music is incredibly helpful

There is bomb timer music? Wtf

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Pick your poison. I'd say MM for a while and get that rank up (fyi - the secret to solo queue rank ups is getting other people on your team to enjoy themselves) and then move onto other stuff if you're still so interested.

Garfu
Mar 6, 2008

Much like buttholes, families are meant to be tight.

henne posted:

I've been fragging p hard in goonamns recently and want to step it up. I'm only DMG in mm, should I try to rank up and play harder mm or find some buddies and start doing cevo scrims and the like?

I'll mm with you on a smurf: add id/garfu and we can set it up.

From what I've gathered, CEVO pugs are pretty bad.

The skill level is generally pretty low and is only sometimes evened out by a very high skill player on a team with 4 GN4-MG2 type players. I've yet to be in a CEVO pug with a group of high skilled people and my efficacy is high I think.

Best bet would be to get you to LE+ so you are MMing against slightly more competent people

VV Oh woops, yeah, you did say scrims. That could be fun. We've tried to set that up with a group of goons to practice for the goon-tourny-that-probably-won't-happen but we haven't actually played yet. We can add you to that and see if we can get something going.

I have some other experience with CEVO scrims and it seemed just as bad as the pugs, as far as skill level goes... but that was with my actual CEVO team that I was on in which I was easily the worst player.

Garfu fucked around with this message at 18:45 on Oct 5, 2015

henne
May 9, 2009

by exmarx
Thanks garfu, will do. This is meow BTW, and I was playing yesterday as swarf. I was thinking cevo scrims not pugs if that makes a difference.

E: ran into the same scheduling issues with dorknytas where if we could all play at the same time it usually ended up being a match. I was thinking of trying to find people who would be down to have a regular play time 2x a week or something.

henne fucked around with this message at 19:54 on Oct 5, 2015

Rite Of Massage
Aug 16, 2005

nftyw posted:

i bought this sticker for 1 dollar and now im rich
http://imgur.com/lAA6J2J

harrygomm
Oct 19, 2004

can u run n jump?

Smithereens posted:

I appreciate the effort you put into this post

stump collector
May 28, 2007

Smithereens posted:

lol

Dispersal
Nov 5, 2005

henne posted:

Thanks garfu, will do. This is meow BTW, and I was playing yesterday as swarf. I was thinking cevo scrims not pugs if that makes a difference.

E: ran into the same scheduling issues with dorknytas where if we could all play at the same time it usually ended up being a match. I was thinking of trying to find people who would be down to have a regular play time 2x a week or something.

I'd be down to play if you need more, I'm US East. I have one account at DMG and one at LE.

A TURGID FATSO
Jan 27, 2004

Here's to ya, JACKASS
I'm thinking of going back to pugging/scrimming in ESEA. I think that'll help far more than MM could.

Bohemian Nights
Jul 14, 2006

When I wake up,
I look into the mirror
I can see a clearer, vision
I should start living today
Clapping Larry

Turk February posted:

I'm thinking of going back to pugging/scrimming in ESEA. I think that'll help far more than MM could.

Same. I'm lucky enough to have a solid group to play with most days, but for the times when I'm solo I'd be nice to have an alternative to MM. I've been playing a little bit of faceit but it seems like such a chore to play your rating up to a point where people don't abandon mid-game every single game, but on the other hand I really don't want to turn my pc into a bitcoin mining rig

Pookum
Mar 5, 2011

gaming is life
I need some really gay looking rainbow stickers for my neon rider. Ive got the hamster with the rainbow Mohawk so far. The gun came named " homosexual agenda" from the market so I'm rolling with the theme.

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat

Pookum posted:

I need some really gay looking rainbow stickers for my neon rider. Ive got the hamster with the rainbow Mohawk so far. The gun came named " homosexual agenda" from the market so I'm rolling with the theme.

http://csgostash.com/sticker/288/Unicorn-Holo
http://csgostash.com/sticker/25/Welcome-to-the-Clutch

henne
May 9, 2009

by exmarx

Turk February posted:

LMK if you do, I'd get back into esea if I had people to play with.

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

wanna give my money to more bitcoin mining operations :cool:

Pookum
Mar 5, 2011

gaming is life

Very nice

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

Pookum posted:

have to tried a mirror or turning your monitor off? :D

Fat Lou
Jan 21, 2008

Desert Heat? I thought it was Dessert Heat. No wonder it tastes so bad.

Smithereens posted:

I bought like 40 bossy burger stickers back when they were $1 and I drove up the price to $2 overnight and now they are riding around $7 each and I only have about 8 of them left. The rest are on my guns.

Pookum
Mar 5, 2011

gaming is life

trying to jack off posted:

have to tried a mirror or turning your monitor off? :D

This is the gayest thing I've seen!

Edit: whoops my monitor was still off

Macnult
Jul 7, 2013

Awesome Welles posted:

wanna give my money to more bitcoin mining operations :cool:

Those Bitcoin mining operations provide a much better CS:GO experience than any operation Valve has implemented.

fennesz
Dec 29, 2008

Pookum posted:

Man, gently caress covert AWP drops why am I never this lucky :(

Unbound
Dec 11, 2012

Atlantis for best map

All others are bugged...

henne posted:

I'm probably to bad to join you guys on a scrim, but I, Flashbang, would be game to play some scrims. And I also have no life so I am available to dumpster for skins pretty much anytime.

conversation piece
Sep 19, 2015

I'm the health bars

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat

conversation piece posted:

I'm the health bars

I have a Welcome to the Clutch on the stock.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chillyrabbit
Oct 24, 2012

The only sword wielding rabbit on the internet

Ultra Carp
What do I do with operation breakout cases? the key is like 3 bucks but the cases sell for 3 cents. Plus from what I know the skins I would get from it would be worth less than the key.

Suggestions?

• Locked thread