Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

sualpine
Dec 5, 2014

Truthbringer
Here is my setup: https://imgur.com/a/lHazT

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Transferrins
Aug 18, 2014

Soiled Meat
wings gets a front spot?

Boinks
Nov 24, 2003

Yeah seriously, no Ram?

stay depressed
Sep 30, 2003

by zen death robot
wings is the number one choice of audiophiles worldwide

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

I know what you did last summer, and frankly I am displeased.
I was going to take the high road and not say anything about that.

BigFactory
Sep 17, 2002
Wings got a bad rap for a while but I think when Linda died her ghost was released and she let them be cool again.

BigFactory
Sep 17, 2002
The bigger question is where are his speakers

Oh I guess there are more pictures and the speakers get lost amidst the computes.

BigFactory fucked around with this message at 12:16 on Oct 4, 2015

Ras Het
May 23, 2007

when I was a child, I spake as a child, I understood as a child, I thought as a child - but now I am a man.
I can't believe you keep unwashed records in the same room let alone the same shelf as a pristine Wings

trilobite terror
Oct 20, 2007
BUT MY LIVELIHOOD DEPENDS ON THE FORUMS!

:(

quote:

This is the poor man's no space mancave audiophile music setup. :D

:( :( :(

ShotgunWillie
Aug 30, 2005

a sexy automaton -
powered by dark
oriental magic :roboluv:

I just assumed that he, like everyone else in the thread, is a lovely Troll.

lament.cfg
Dec 28, 2006

we have such posts
to show you

ShotgunWillie posted:

I just assumed that he, like everyone else in the thread, is a lovely Troll.

3k views, probably stolen from an unironic reddit post

BigFactory
Sep 17, 2002

a worthy uhh posted:

I looked at it a bunch so maybe not

cosmicjim
Mar 23, 2010
VISIT THE STICKIED GOON HOLIDAY CHARITY DRIVE THREAD IN GBS.

Goons are changing the way children get an education in Haiti.

Edit - Oops, no they aren't. They donated to doobie instead.
omg so horrible, where are the speakers 5 times larger than he will ever need for his small apartment? Why aren't his $30 obscure niche records with tribal art and pentagrams on display instead of some lame all time great singer/songwriters?

BigFactory
Sep 17, 2002

cosmicjim posted:

omg so horrible, where are the speakers 5 times larger than he will ever need for his small apartment? Why aren't his $30 obscure niche records with tribal art and pentagrams on display instead of some lame all time great singer/songwriters?

I like the really huge computer too.

Monday_
Feb 18, 2006

Worked-up silent dork without sex ability seeks oblivion and demise.
The Great Twist

BigFactory posted:

I like the really huge computer too.

It's not that big, it's sitting on a stand with a subwoofer underneath it.

Boinks
Nov 24, 2003

I'm just glad I'm not the only McCartney fan with a Dad hand me down/thrift store setup in here.

BigFactory
Sep 17, 2002

Monday_ posted:

It's not that big, it's sitting on a stand with a subwoofer underneath it.

C'mon, don't spoil it for me.

ShotgunWillie
Aug 30, 2005

a sexy automaton -
powered by dark
oriental magic :roboluv:

BigFactory posted:

C'mon, don't spoil it for me.

Why you gotta be so grouchy?

BigFactory
Sep 17, 2002

ShotgunWillie posted:

Why you gotta be so grouchy?

I'm grouchy cause I thought this guy had a computer taller than his desk and it really disappoints me that it's not. I thought it was some sweet-rear end gaming rig with all the fixin's.

taqueso
Mar 8, 2004

:911:
:wookie: :thermidor: :wookie:
:dehumanize:

:pirate::hf::tinfoil:

a worthy uhh posted:

https://www.reddit.com/r/audiophile/comments/3ndimu/my_poor_mans_apartment_audiophile_setup/

Cyberball 2072
Feb 17, 2014

by Lowtax

Much simple! Much humble!

Detective Thompson
Nov 9, 2007

Sammy Davis Jr. Jr. is also in repose.
Got these things over the weekend.

Death Wish II soundtrack. My buddy gave this to me. Actually a pretty good soundtrack.

The Beatles - Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band.

War of the Worlds broadcast.

Pilgrim - II: Void Worship.

Trees - Sickness In.

I'd like to thank Imgur for stripping away those little things that made their site helpful and easier to use. Good job!

Detective Thompson fucked around with this message at 02:05 on Oct 5, 2015

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

I love everyone high-fiving him for using a home theatre receiver as his turntable amp.

Xarthor
Nov 11, 2003

Need Ink or Toner for
Your Printer?

Check out my
Thread in SA-Mart!

Lipstick Apathy

Boinks posted:

Yeah seriously, no Ram?

As far as post-Beatles McCartney, my top vote goes for McCartney II.

Boinks
Nov 24, 2003

Xarthor posted:

That one's solid. I'm a big fan, here's my collection:

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

I know what you did last summer, and frankly I am displeased.

Xarthor posted:

Is that the one with Temporary Secretary? Because that is hands down one of the worst songs I've ever heard.

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away
With the rays of morning light

Xarthor posted:

Gotta go with Band on the Run. It's like a Beatles album without the other Beatles.

Darthemed
Oct 28, 2007

"A data unit?
For me?
"

College Slice

Detective Thompson posted:

Dig the Trees album, that was the first of theirs I heard and it convinced me to track down the other two. Please share your thoughts on the Pilgrim once you've listened to it a few times, I keep wavering about whether I like my copy enough to justify hanging onto it.

Dogen
May 5, 2002

Bury my body down by the highwayside, so that my old evil spirit can get a Greyhound bus and ride

EL BROMANCE posted:

I love everyone high-fiving him for using a home theatre receiver as his turntable amp.

They all have the same amp because groupthink

I run mine through a Pioneer 1019 and am ashamed :( , but I have a nice preamp and good front L/R speakers

Barry
Aug 1, 2003

Hardened Criminal
I have a Pioneer 1020, sounds great to me. I mean I guess some small part of me would like some appropriately vintage receiver full of tubes or whatever but it's also part of my surround sound setup so I can't be bothered.

Gin and Juche
Apr 3, 2008

The Highest Judge of Paradise
Shiki Eiki
YAMAXANADU

Detective Thompson posted:

Death Wish II soundtrack. My buddy gave this to me. Actually a pretty good soundtrack.

The original is pretty good as well. Has Herbie Hancock instead of Jimmy Page, so pretty much completely different.

Edit:

Managed to snag these two recently. The Dan the Automator record was a gift from a friend who found it for a couple bucks at a Urban Outfitters place (not one to look a gift horse in the mouth). And the former for less than $10.
http://www.discogs.com/DJ-Frane-Electric-Garden-Of-Delights/release/915345
http://www.discogs.com/Automator-Music-To-Be-Murdered-By/release/333445

Gin and Juche fucked around with this message at 04:17 on Oct 6, 2015

A CRUNK BIRD
Sep 29, 2004

Mister Kingdom posted:

Gotta go with Band on the Run. It's like a Beatles album without the other Beatles.

Oh dear.

Bud
Oct 5, 2002

Quite Polite Like Walter Cronkite

Barry posted:

I have a Pioneer 1020, sounds great to me. I mean I guess some small part of me would like some appropriately vintage receiver full of tubes or whatever but it's also part of my surround sound setup so I can't be bothered.

I picked up an old Nakamichi based on some chatter in the vintage amp thread to go with my pioneer PL-516 and I couldn't be happier. Ugly as sin but it sounds great, look for models with the STASIS amps.

trilobite terror
Oct 20, 2007
BUT MY LIVELIHOOD DEPENDS ON THE FORUMS!

Bud posted:

I picked up an old Nakamichi based on some chatter in the vintage amp thread to go with my pioneer PL-516 and I couldn't be happier. Ugly as sin but it sounds great, look for models with the STASIS amps.

Can you say anything more about it (model name/year/etc)?

I have a soft spot for Nak gear.

Chill Callahan
Nov 14, 2012
The TA-1/2/3/4A are all good receivers with the licensed Nelson Pass STASIS technology. If you need more power, the PA-5/7(ii) power amps are also great. Probably one of the few good values left in the audio market. The receivers with 'harmonic time alignment' are also solid, but not as good as the STASIS ones (though if you're on a budget they're arguably a better value).

Chill Callahan fucked around with this message at 17:54 on Oct 6, 2015

Bud
Oct 5, 2002

Quite Polite Like Walter Cronkite

Chill Callahan posted:

The TA-1/2/3/4A are all good receivers with the licensed Nelson Pass STASIS technology. If you need more power, the PA-5/7(ii) power amps are also great. Probably one of the few good values left in the audio market. The receivers with 'harmonic time alignment' are also solid, but not as good as the STASIS ones (though if you're on a budget they're arguably a better value).

Thanks, that covers it. I got a TA-3 driving some old Jamo book shelves and I'm content.

Detective Thompson
Nov 9, 2007

Sammy Davis Jr. Jr. is also in repose.
Anyone here order anything through Midheaven Mailorder?

Darthemed posted:

Dig the Trees album, that was the first of theirs I heard and it convinced me to track down the other two. Please share your thoughts on the Pilgrim once you've listened to it a few times, I keep wavering about whether I like my copy enough to justify hanging onto it.

Will do, I'll give it another spin or two on Friday.

Gravel Gravy posted:

The original is pretty good as well. Has Herbie Hancock instead of Jimmy Page, so pretty much completely different.

I'll have to give it a listen. Though I have to say the cover for that release is a bit of a letdown compared to giant Charles Bronson looming over a city.

alg
Mar 14, 2007

A wolf was no less a wolf because a whim of chance caused him to run with the watch-dogs.

I've ordered thru midheaven a few times. Seems like a fine operation

Fake James
Aug 18, 2005

Y'all got any more of that plastic?
Buglord
Looks like Spacelab9 is now working on a Fallout 3 vinyl :eyepop:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall