Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Slim Jim Pickens
Jan 16, 2012
Just get repairs so that you can be on your way quicker if arty splashes you.

I'm more entertained than anything when I get racked. It's happened twice.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mmkay
Oct 21, 2010

Just in case anyone's wondering how good the Japanese heavy tank line is, here's a sample 1st class mastery result for the O-I:

sauer kraut
Oct 2, 2004
That's just the tier 6 (and maybe 5), not the whole Jap heavy line.

Descar
Apr 19, 2010
Whats the point?

I get killed by own team at start for being a Unicum.

does this happen in US?

does People really want to suck that bad?

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

NEVER FUCKING TAKE A NIGHT OFF CLAN WARS.

Descar posted:

Whats the point?

does this happen in US?

Yes. Kill them first.

Descar
Apr 19, 2010

sauer kraut posted:

That's just the tier 6 (and maybe 5), not the whole Jap heavy line.

The T5-6 has insane requirement for Ace
the t7-8 is so easy that you get it in first 1-5 games..
on t9, you have to win lottery to get ace again...

Terrorist Fistbump
Jan 29, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo

Descar posted:

Whats the point?

does this happen in US?

Are you on RU? On NA, I've never seen a unicum killed in spawn for anything other than being an abrasive jerk.

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

Terrorist Fistbump posted:

Are you on RU? On NA, I've never seen a unicum killed in spawn for anything other than being an abrasive jerk.

I've been teamkilled (well, attempted. Dude bounced two shots and penned one in their FCM onto my B2) by an ARMED player when I said nothing in chat. They simply didn't want my winrate, that I clearly obtained through hacking, to be so high.

This was on the old lovely version of El Halluf as opposed to the new lovely version of El Halluf, so it's been a while, but it does happen. Pretty sure I posted the replay of it way back when.

Valle
Apr 16, 2004

Telling customers how to solve world problems since 2001
So I decided to get one of the founders packs for Armored Warfare, to get in and see what all the fuss was about. This is awesome. I won't be playing WoT for a while!

Real Cool Catfish
Jun 6, 2011
Did the kill 20 LT's mission in a hetzer and a luchs.

Hadn't played the luchs (nor hetzer) for years, long before it got the lil 10 round gun, but a fair few people seem to love them so I thought I'd give it a spin.

This tank is so much fun. It's especially insane when it's top tier.

Hetzer remains as it always has. Aced it in a round where everyone insisted on facing away from me and I could one shot four of them. Hetzers gonna hetz.

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

Valle posted:

So I decided to get one of the founders packs for Armored Warfare, to get in and see what all the fuss was about. This is awesome. I won't be playing WoT for a while!

The actual tank on tank combat is subpar to me compared to WoT. However, in the qol department it is so far ahead of WoT. For years ppl have bitched about just plain stupid as poo poo in WoT and serb would just go lol gently caress you.

Desuwa
Jun 2, 2011

I'm telling my mommy. That pubbie doesn't do video games right!

Descar posted:

Whats the point?

does this happen in US?

I was killed in spawn in arty because some pubbie shitlord invited me to a platoon and I didn't accept. I never said anything in chat.

Ensign Expendable
Nov 11, 2008

Lager beer is proof that god loves us
Pillbug
Tank Guards Strike Force

In the fall of 1942, Soviet high command created a new combat instrument for the Red Army: Guards Independent Heavy Tank Regiments. These units were to serve as a battering ram on the offensive or as the anchor for a defense. These regiments were composed of 21 tanks and auxiliary units. In total, the regiment contained about 220 men. This structure remained almost unchanged for the remainder of the war.

Composition of a heavy tank regiment in 1944:
Commander's tank
Company HQ:
-Political department
-Technical department
-Quartermaster department
-Operational department
-Control platoon
-Sapper platoon
-Maintenance platoon
Regimental medical team
1st company (commander IS-2)
-1st platoon (2x IS-2)
-2nd platoon (2x IS-2)
2nd company (commander IS-2)
-1st platoon (2x IS-2)
-2nd platoon (2x IS-2)
3rd company (commander IS-2)
-1st platoon (2x IS-2)
-2nd platoon (2x IS-2)
4th company (commander IS-2)
-1st platoon (2x IS-2)
-2nd platoon (2x IS-2)
SMG company (94 men)
Technical service company

In a little over two years, six types of tanks served in these regiments.

Churchill

The British Churchill infantry tank was delivered to the USSR through the Lend-Lease program. Due to a lack of other heavy tanks, the first breakthrough regiments were equipped with these tanks. Most units received Churchill III and Churchill IVs.

The Churchill was a well armoured, but clumsy tank. Its 6-pounder (57 mm) gun was adequate at the time for fighting German tanks, but was lacking against fortifications.

Regiments armed with Churchills fought on all parts of the front until the end of the war. During the battle of Kursk in the summer of 1943, a successful ram of a Tiger tank was performed by a Churchill.

KV-1

A Soviet tank, well protected and armed with a 76 mm gun. At the first stages of the war, it could destroy any German tank, while being immune to most German guns.

The KV-1 was produced at the Kirov factory in Leningrad. After evacuation due to the blockade, production resumed in Chelyabinsk.

In 1942, with the arrival of more powerful guns and Tiger tanks, the KV-1 became obsolete. In addition, the tank had serious problems with its transmission due to its large weight. Production was cancelled in favour of the lighter and more reliable KV-1S. However, these tanks fought until the end of the war.

KV-1S

The letter S in the name of the tank stands for "speedy". The vehicle entered production in 1942 as a modernized KV-1. Due to reduced armour thickness, the tank's weight dropped to 42.5 tons, giving it good mobility.

A new turret was designed for this tank, housing a 76 mm gun. The tank entered production in the summer of 1942, but did not last for very long. As with the KV-1, its gun was insufficient for fighting the new Tiger tanks.

KV-1S production stopped in 1943, but these tanks remained in the army until the end of the war.

KV-85

A serious drawback of the KV-1S was its 76 mm gun, which was no longer impressive in 1943. The KV-85 became an intermediate step between this tank and the new IS. About 150 of these tanks were produced in Chelyabinsk.

The vehicle had an altered KV-1S hull with a new turret and an 85 mm gun. The same gun was used on the upcoming IS tank, but development was going slowly.

IS-1

This tank was designed at the Chelyabinsk Kirov factory under the supervision of Joseph Kotin. Its appearance was heralded by the arrival of Tiger and Panther tanks, as a result of which Soviet tank forces lost their edge over the Germans.

The IS-1 was also called IS-85 after its gun caliber. The age of this tank did not last long, as the development of a tank with a 122 mm gun started almost at the same time as work on this tank.

About 130 IS-1 tanks were produced at Chelyabinsk, then the tank gave up its place on the assembly line for the better armed IS-2.

IS-2

This heavy tank was superior among all that were used by heavy tank regiments. The IS-2 was armed with a powerful 122 mm gun, making it effective not only against enemy tanks, but also fortifications.

The combat debut of the IS-2 was during the spring of 1944. These tanks fought across the entire front and, due to the nature of the breakthrough regiment, were always in the center of events.

Over 3500 IS-2 tanks were built. After the end of WWII, the tank was exported and was used for about 50 years by countries allied with the USSR.

stephenfry
Nov 3, 2009

I AM AN IDIOT.
I AM AN IDIOT.
I AM AN IDIOT.
I AM AN IDIOT.
I AM AN IDIOT.
I AM AN IDIOT.
I AM AN IDIOT.
I AM AN IDIOT.
this thread triggers my FOMO

Mesadoram posted:

It is a fun little tank.* I don't think anyone would do this JUST for the T23. But the T23 is 7k gold if you have it.

*Shut the gently caress up in advance, I kinda like it.

Even if they have an FCM, I believe they would give the gold amount for it.

12k gold is noting to gently caress around about. That is a serious amount of gold.

Edit: Looking at the WG wiki, they improved on it a lot since I last checked it years ago.
all you decent clan having eventdoers are missing something important:

http://worldoftanks.com/en/news/pc-browser/22/ontrack-obj-430/

from now on if you already have prem tank in yr account, receiving it again (by most methods) only gets a discounted silver sale value, not gold, and this sucks almost as much as 10.0 emblems affecting crew skills

stephenfry fucked around with this message at 21:03 on Oct 4, 2015

Atomizer
Jun 24, 2007

Valle posted:

:byewhore: jk :shobon:

stephenfry posted:

this thread triggers my FOMO
all you decent clan having eventdoers are missing something important:

http://worldoftanks.com/en/news/pc-browser/22/ontrack-obj-430/

from now on if you already have prem tank in yr account, receiving it again (by most methods) only gets a discounted silver sale value, not gold, and this sucks almost as much as 10.0 emblems affecting crew skills

We talked about it when it was first announced, but apparently they rolled it back for certain circumstances, like the CW campaign rewards.

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

stephenfry posted:

That's only for in-game events. For bonus codes, Wargaming contests and tournaments or Clan Wars events, you receive the gold value.

Basically gently caress poopsockers and reward barely competent players instead.

Exia00
Feb 13, 2014

When in doubt.... C4

Terrorist Fistbump posted:

Platoon with hellsau. Either he will TK someone. Be Tked for being hellsau. Or he will team kill you for fun.

Valle posted:

I dont know who you are ingame. Cause goons are to bad to use their ingame names for forum name. I got a founders pack and played it for one day didnt really do it for me.

Exia00 fucked around with this message at 23:32 on Oct 4, 2015

Steelion
Aug 2, 2009
Or he'll forget to hit alt before clicking on you and miss his chance

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

Exia00 posted:

Platoon with hellsau. Either he will TK someone. Be Tked for being hellsau. Or he will team kill you for fun.

I dont know who you are ingame. Cause goons are to bad to use their ingame names for forum name. I got a founders pack and played it for one day didnt really do it for me.

That's Alleviated_Risk. And please stop suggesting people should platoon with me. Friends don't let friends platoon with Hellsau.

Steelion posted:

Or he'll forget to hit alt before clicking on you and miss his chance

The worst outcome :(

Exia00
Feb 13, 2014

When in doubt.... C4

Hellsau posted:

That's Alleviated_Risk. And please stop suggesting people should platoon with me. Friends don't let friends platoon with Hellsau.

The worst outcome :(

I'm not friends with ZL. You should platoon with him. Maybe he will learn what any 12 year old playing the game for the first time has figured out already. Or just TK him. Should probably just TK him.

DonkeyHotay
Jun 6, 2005

stephenfry posted:

10.0 emblems affecting crew skills

what the gently caress?

gently caress off wargaming

subhelios
May 26, 2013

Unfortunately, there is no such game as 'World of Submarines.'
I despise the B2 and this game, while amazing, did nothing to change that.

Ackbarre also had an amazing game that match and also got ace tanker.

Atomizer
Jun 24, 2007

So nothing that surprising, but I felt like posting this:

http://wotreplays.eu/site/2194135?secret=32096e0ac00a7665211f2e49e576c542

Also, I bought one of these things, and copied over my WoT directory to see how it'd work:

http://sellout.woot.com/offers/monster-128gb-mini-solid-state-drive

It benchmarks at about 30/140 w/r sequential. It loads the game assets quickly, but occasionally has micro-stutters which as far as I'm concerned mean it's not an ideal substitute for a real internal SSD. It's better than an HDD, so if it's all you can afford it might still be something to look into, but it wasn't as impressive as I thought it could be.

Prav
Oct 29, 2011

if you can't afford a real SSD sell blood and other bodily fluids until you can.

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

Prav posted:

if you can't afford a real SSD sell blood and other bodily fluids until you can.

The commander+caller for BRVE doesn't have an SSD. Filthy Canadian. Gotta love the caller loading in with five seconds on the countdown.

Prav
Oct 29, 2011

to be fair it doesn't take more than five seconds to shout "just click red tanks gently caress how is this so hard for you?!" which i'm pretty sure is the purest form of calling

Desuwa
Jun 2, 2011

I'm telling my mommy. That pubbie doesn't do video games right!
SSDs show their worth when restarting the game after it crashes during a battle. Also make sure to have XVM auto-login, skip the intro, and remember your server.

Nordick
Sep 3, 2011

Yes.
Freakin' :laffo: at goons being salty about skill-affecting emblems. They have gazeth too long unto the pubbie, and the pubbie hath gazeth back.

I for one am looking forward to pimping up my tanks with random obnoxious stickers (even moreso than I already do) and harvesting pubbie tears by reminding them that having dice and chili peppers on your tanks is the mark of a good player. It's no different from firing prem ammo at paper tanks just out of spite. Just buy them with credits for whatever tanks you're using at the time, they aren't that expensive.

mmkay
Oct 21, 2010

Desuwa posted:

SSDs show their worth when restarting the game after it crashes during a battle. Also make sure to have XVM auto-login, skip the intro, and remember your server.

Yeah, this. I had Wot on my HDD and assuming there was no additional activity, I'd load during a regular game with the whole 30 seconds to spare. It got slightly worse as more and more tanks got updated to HD models, where I'd get in with 20 seconds left. After crashing I'd lose up to a minute of gameplay. But with SSDs, if I'm fast about restarting, I can actually get back in with a second or so countdown remaining.

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business
So I am kind of glad I got to play the PzB2, I don't really like it. It is an amazing tank but I don't think dumping the amount of money WG usually ask for it is worth it though. With that being said, check out this game:

Replay: http://wotreplays.com/site/2193538

WayAbvPar
Mar 11, 2009

Ah- Smug Mode.

Descar posted:

The T5-6 has insane requirement for Ace
the t7-8 is so easy that you get it in first 1-5 games..
on t9, you have to win lottery to get ace again...

I have a total of 5 Radley-Walters medals for my entire career. 2 have been in the O Ni Experimental (tier 5) in the past week. If you get a tier 5 battle it is just loving ridiculous. Play it now before it gets nerfed.

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

WayAbvPar posted:

I have a total of 5 Radley-Walters medals for my entire career. 2 have been in the O Ni Experimental (tier 5) in the past week. If you get a tier 5 battle it is just loving ridiculous. Play it now before it gets nerfed.

poo poo I only got 24... I gotta step up my game.

Is there an easy way to see which tanks you got specific medals in?

KaiserSchnitzel
Feb 23, 2003

Hey baby I think we Havel lot in common

primelaw posted:

Lol this website is pretty great

http://bustandreporthackers.my-free.website/

I'm not on it, which is surprising

HOLY poo poo I AM ON THAT LIST!!!

hahahaha....amazing.

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO
And you're the only [PANSY] who made the cut. Congrats. :toot:

KaiserSchnitzel
Feb 23, 2003

Hey baby I think we Havel lot in common

Valle posted:

I've not been so impressed, actually. I haven't played in a while, though. I updated to the OB client the other day and see that I FINALLY have the tanks I paid for like 6 months ago, so I'm gonna fire that thing up again.

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

^^ Play the terminator.

MariusLecter posted:

I was really sad when I didn't see myself, I have to play harder and chat spam harder.

WayAbvPar
Mar 11, 2009

Ah- Smug Mode.

MariusLecter posted:

I am very disappointed. I have been called a hacker and/or a reroll 3 or 4 times just in the past week. I am the worst kind of reroll- start a new account (3 year ago), play 30k battles on it, and still have lovely stats. Godfuckingdamn pubbies are stupid.

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

WayAbvPar posted:

I am very disappointed. I have been called a hacker and/or a reroll 3 or 4 times just in the past week. I am the worst kind of reroll- start a new account (3 year ago), play 30k battles on it, and still have lovely stats. Godfuckingdamn pubbies are stupid.

I love getting called a re-roll.

I have a beta account :allears:

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

Mesadoram posted:

I love getting called a re-roll.

I have a beta account :allears:

Same I even play my beta Sherman. I was platooning with my friend who is a heavy botter poo poo lord and he even got called a reroll which I don't understand when he has stats so so so bad.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Valle
Apr 16, 2004

Telling customers how to solve world problems since 2001

BadLlama posted:

he even got called a reroll which I don't understand when he has stats so so so bad

It's quite simple really. Dumb pubbies see someone call someone else a reroll. It is made clear that this is a derogatory comment and that rerolls are bad people. Pubbies then start using reroll in place of old classics like rear end in a top hat or fuckwit or whatever, because they think reroll is the new cool term and they must use it. Pubbies are loving dumb.