Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
Destiny is pretty alright.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ubSCPBkTyWY

Space-Pope
Aug 13, 2003

by zen death robot
i recently replayed the destiny demo. it was alright vOv

quiggy
Aug 7, 2010

[in Russian] Oof.

Space-Pope posted:

i recently replayed the destiny demo. it was alright vOv

destiny is like diablo, the best content is at the level cap

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

ye olde goon squad cast

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

i still don't know what a yogscast is. i don't even know if i can call myself a Gamer anymore

Space-Pope
Aug 13, 2003

by zen death robot

Notorious QIG posted:

yeah i figured

also, destiny is the closest we're going to get to a proper western release of pso2 :smith:

Squeezy Farm
Jun 16, 2009

Notorious QIG posted:

the content everyone loves is the gauntlet of bullet sponge bosses and jumping puzzles they call a raid?

Panty Saluter
Jan 17, 2004

Making learning fun!

As a Millennial I posted:

i still don't know what a yogscast is. i don't even know if i can call myself a Gamer anymore

congratulations, you are likely a functional human being

angry_keebler
Jul 16, 2006

In His presence the mountains quake and the hills melt away; the earth trembles and its people are destroyed. Who can stand before His fierce anger?

Squeezy Farm posted:

the content everyone loves is the gauntlet of bullet sponge bosses and jumping puzzles they call a raid?

yeah actually that stuff is so good you play it like 40 times in a row to get some dumb item so you can play a sightly different level

Tanith
Jul 17, 2005

Alpha, Beta, Gamma cores
Use them, lose them, salvage more
Kick off the next AI war
In the Persean Sector
the star citizen thread is moving faster than the gameday football ones, jesus christ. people talking gamergate and shaved cooches and derek smart? what the hell happened?

Blackula69
Apr 1, 2007

DEHUMANIZE  YOURSELF  &  FACE  TO  BLACULA

Tanith posted:

the star citizen thread is moving faster than the gameday football ones, jesus christ. people talking gamergate and shaved cooches and derek smart? what the hell happened?

it's beginning to tear itself apart like we always knew it would

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Tanith posted:

escapist posted a big wall-o-text takedown of star citizen, citing derek smart's long-simmering hatred of it, and roberts semi-competently threatened them with legal action. not sure about the shaved cooches

quiggy
Aug 7, 2010

[in Russian] Oof.

haveblue posted:

escapist posted a big wall-o-text takedown of star citizen, citing derek smart's long-simmering hatred of it, and roberts semi-competently threatened them with legal action. not sure about the shaved cooches

the aristocrats!

Katana Gomai
Jan 14, 2007

"Thus," concluded Miyamoto, "you must give up everything you have to be my disciple."

haveblue posted:

vapy vapy ware

Blackula69
Apr 1, 2007

apparently the escapist is also full-gamergate and roberts brought that up

hopefully the whole thing ends up in a suicide cult

Blackula69
Apr 1, 2007

i made that dumb joke without reading the sc thread but it's got a big suicide hotline warning thing in it so idk what's even parody anymore

Baxate
Feb 1, 2011

hubris.height posted:

that's a really stupid video, but it still manages to be better than destiny chat

Hugh G. Rectum
Mar 1, 2011

destiny might be fun if it was on pc and the pvp wasn't garbage but oh well

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

Blackula69 posted:

apparently the escapist is also full-gamergate and roberts brought that up

hopefully the whole thing ends up in a suicide cult

not just the escapist but specifically the writer

apparently roberts hosed up too in the reply https://popehat.com/2015/10/04/in-space-no-one-can-hear-you-threaten-lawsuits/

Liver Disaster
Mar 31, 2012

no more tears

dancing with strangers after stumbling on a big bad and taking it out is p great
i dont have to pay a sub fee so i can jump in whenever its p good

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010

Space-Pope posted:

yeah i figured

also, destiny is the closest we're going to get to a proper western release of pso2 :smith:

considering pso2 is also a bad game yeah

Blackula69
Apr 1, 2007

not just the escapist but specifically the writer

apparently roberts hosed up too in the reply https://popehat.com/2015/10/04/in-space-no-one-can-hear-you-threaten-lawsuits/

yeah, that's pretty much what we discussed itt except in blog form

the lawsuit threat is hilarious garbage

Liver Disaster
Mar 31, 2012

no more tears

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

Liver Disaster
Mar 31, 2012

no more tears

cant wait to get a few hours in and drop this one too :swoon:

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

mission, uh, idk... 43? spoiler re huey: a million people have already said it but not killing huey was the lamest copout considering the game's supposed to be all about turning evil due to lusts for revenge and poo poo

but i guess he had to survive long enough to kill himself in a pool or whatever. lol

Liver Disaster
Mar 31, 2012

no more tears

mission, uh, idk... 43? spoiler re huey: a million people have already said it but not killing huey was the lamest copout considering the game's supposed to be all about turning evil due to lusts for revenge and poo poo

but i guess he had to survive long enough to kill himself in a pool or whatever. lol

they clarify by pointing out that the little poo poo can go spread the story of how cruel and terrible they are so its a copout but it could be worse
i wish we were getting the other 1.5 chapters instead of a loving "Big Boss" pachinko machine I'm not joking.

also Junji Ito was involved with Silent Hills I'm fuckin mad

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Tanith posted:

can i get a link to the shaved cooches?

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

the escapist had verbatim quotes from glassdoor that they tried to pass off as quotes from sources, so everyone's terrible~

Blackula69
Apr 1, 2007

yeah like why wouldn't they just say "this is from glassdoor"

Blackula69
Apr 1, 2007

oh right because the writer is dumb as gently caress

Cat Face Joe
Feb 20, 2005

goth vegan crossfit mom who vapes

Blackula69 posted:

oh right because the writer is dumb as gently caress

quiggy
Aug 7, 2010

[in Russian] Oof.

Sudo Echo posted:

destiny might be fun if it was on pc and the pvp wasn't garbage but oh well

the pvp is halo with more gun variety though :confused:

Bhodi
Dec 9, 2007

Oh, it's just a cat.
Pillbug

Blackula69 posted:

yeah like why wouldn't they just say "this is from glassdoor"
because it's the escapist and journalism is dead, not just gaming journalism

you work in the industry, you know this

PipeRifle
Oct 4, 2004

we have catte

Notorious QIG posted:

the pvp is halo with more gun variety though :confused:

except isn't it more like battlefield where people who have played longer or bought DLC have gear or a skill set that is objectively better than other gear? I'm actually asking because I don't know

That's why I liked Halo MP, it was literally everyone was the same and you tussled over the weapons on the map. Then they started changing poo poo and adding loadouts and you can start with a battle rifle and I dunno

Blackula69
Apr 1, 2007

journalism isn't dead but newspapers are dying

doesn't excuse hiring really stupid people to report the news

Bhodi
Dec 9, 2007

Oh, it's just a cat.
Pillbug

Blackula69 posted:

journalism isn't dead
the daily mail is by far the most popular UK newspaper with 23m readers a month and they completely make up stories wholesale

the sun has 13m and they do zero fact checking

Liver Disaster
Mar 31, 2012

no more tears

PipeRifle posted:

except isn't it more like battlefield where people who have played longer or bought DLC have gear or a skill set that is objectively better than other gear? I'm actually asking because I don't know

That's why I liked Halo MP, it was literally everyone was the same and you tussled over the weapons on the map. Then they started changing poo poo and adding loadouts and you can start with a battle rifle and I dunno

everyone just bought the latest version which comes with everything, but yeah if you play more you do better in pvp luckily most people are terrible at the game so knowing what you're doing is half the battle (the other two quarters are red lasers and blue lasers)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

oh no blimp issue
Feb 23, 2011

haha, look at the little navarre sprite

• Locked thread