Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Nail Rat
Dec 29, 2000

You maniacs! You blew it up! God damn you! God damn you all to hell!!
It's kind of silly that Venom doesn't say anything about it when he first sees her up close, but then again Venom doesn't say much of anything, to anyone, at any time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

death .cab for qt posted:

Does Ocelet give it back? Because he takes it from her, which is why she shoots at him and the bullets whiz around him.

I was never sure whether that device Ocelot attributes to her luck powers is something he lifted off her or if it was something that he used to control her powers from afar. If she needed that little box on her person to cheat death all those years, surely she would be aware of it? Idk.. its a forever loose end

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Im willing to admit it was just literal magic that saved everyone, though.

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

net cafe scandal posted:

Somebodys theory in one of the MGSV threads was that GW reactivated Fortune's EM field to save the lives of Solid and Raiden (both so that they could be utilized in the future and so that the S3 plan could be completed). Ocelot going loopy wasnt part of their exercise, and that missile attack would have killed everyone in the area.

I really don't buy this. The whole point of that scene was that the Patriots weren't in total control of reality as they'd like everyone to think they were and Fortune's power was a genuine spanner in the works, if they only achieved anything because the Patriots let them it undercuts the main thrust of the story (taking control of your own life, rejecting authority, etc) and turns Fortune's death into a joke. Plus Liquid didn't take control of Ocelot until he was already trying to kill them either so bumping off Snake and Raiden was presumably okay with them too.

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

I myself will carry you to the Gates of Valhalla...
You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer
Jennifer Lawrence plays The Boss in the upcoming Snake Eater prequel film "JOY"

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Snak posted:

Jennifer Lawrence plays The Boss in the upcoming Snake Eater prequel film "JOY"
Bradley Cooper has to kill her in a flower field.

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer

Rageaholic Monkey posted:

Bradley Cooper has to kill her in a flower field.

Bradley Cooper is obviously playing The Sorrow...

zedprime
Jun 9, 2007

yospos

Castor Poe posted:

One of the few things I remember about MGS4 is that it completely ruined Vamp by revealing that he's not really Anime Dracula, but just a nano-machined up dude.
I don't know, its kind of cool how they turned the vampire trope back to basics: he's just a charismatic bisexual that really likes blood. Solid even makes fun of Raiden for thinking Vamp is short for vampire.

Nakar
Sep 2, 2002

Ultima Ratio Regum

Sylink posted:

I don't understand how he is able to complete it without an alert.
Reflex Mode and Aim Assist auto-snap, son.

He did almost get caught several times, but he's speedrunning. If you go 15-30 seconds slower you'll be just as successful and essentially impossible to stop unless you log in to defend the very instant they invade (otherwise they'll be at the core before you've even loaded in).

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

There's no point in making a Snake Eater film unless you can get Prime Arnie in.

RALF
Mar 15, 2009

Grimey Drawer
Arnold's playing Volgin, and he's not even trying to fake a Russian accent.

Castor Poe
Jul 19, 2010

Jar Jar is the key to all of this.

zedprime posted:

I don't know, its kind of cool how they turned the vampire trope back to basics: he's just a charismatic bisexual that really likes blood. Solid even makes fun of Raiden for thinking Vamp is short for vampire.

Oh absolutely, I just find it incredibly lame that Kojima stripped him of all his mystique because nanomachines.

Aurain posted:

There's no point in making a Snake Eater film unless you can get Prime Arnie in.

I dunno, I'd still pay money to watch Washed-Up Arnold, in a tight soviet themed rubber suit, make electricity puns for two hours.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Castor Poe posted:

I dunno, I'd still pay money to watch Washed-Up Arnold, in a tight soviet themed rubber suit, make electricity puns for two hours.
"Raikov, have you ever had a reacharound before? IT'S ELECTRIC."

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy

muscles like this? posted:

I felt kind of stupid because it took me way too long to realize that Quiet was the lady at the very beginning of the game. When they reveal that she was an XOF member burned at the hospital I just thought it was during the whole Man on Fire thing.

I didn't realise it either until her torture scene later when they said she was at the hospital so I went back and watched the intro again and also the saw the flower Miller was talking about and just went "oh kojima you past referential bitch"

Bacontotem
May 27, 2010

Funky Valentine posted:

"Raikov, have you ever had a reacharound before? IT'S ELECTRIC."

Volgin was obviously a power bottom.

Party Boat
Nov 1, 2007

where did that other dog come from

who is he

Bacontotem posted:

Volgin was obviously a power bottom.

You're pretty good.

Bacontotem
May 27, 2010

Party Boat posted:

You're pretty good.

Kept you waiting, huh?

Sylink
Apr 17, 2004

This has been posted but this mod is really fun http://www.nexusmods.com/phantompain/mods/45/

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

muscles like this? posted:

I felt kind of stupid because it took me way too long to realize that Quiet was the lady at the very beginning of the game. When they reveal that she was an XOF member burned at the hospital I just thought it was during the whole Man on Fire thing.

Same exact thing happened to me.

I also didn't really realize that Huey was so despicable until I heard other people talk about it – I just kinda assumed that he was a weak nebbish dude that was always getting bossed around. I didn't like him that much, but I didn't realize he was actually an awful person until way after he got kicked off. I listened to the tapes, so I don't really know what my problem was.

And, as soon as I heard that Eli didn't match Boss's DNA, I immediately assumed that meant he wasn't Liquid rather than thinking something was up with Boss.

Basically, I'm a giant loving idiot when it comes to this game.

Bacontotem
May 27, 2010

Eli should've had more punch Eli in the face missions.

Party Boat
Nov 1, 2007

where did that other dog come from

who is he

Then it turns out that the guy running your DNA test had an E in Medical and you actually are a genetic match

Then teenage George pops out and ices you

Bacontotem
May 27, 2010

Party Boat posted:

Then it turns out that the guy running your DNA test had an E in Medical and you actually are a genetic match

Then teenage George pops out and ices you

Ocelot pulls his mask off to reveal he was Zero the whole time.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

RALF posted:

Arnold's playing Volgin, and he's not even trying to fake a Russian accent.

He would play all roles.

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer
Pierce Brosnan as Zero

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
This is a good time to repost this.

Sulphagnist
Oct 10, 2006

WARNING! INTRUDERS DETECTED

I'd never seen that so yes, now is an excellent time to repost that.

Smirking_Serpent posted:

Same exact thing happened to me.

I also didn't really realize that Huey was so despicable until I heard other people talk about it – I just kinda assumed that he was a weak nebbish dude that was always getting bossed around. I didn't like him that much, but I didn't realize he was actually an awful person until way after he got kicked off. I listened to the tapes, so I don't really know what my problem was.

And, as soon as I heard that Eli didn't match Boss's DNA, I immediately assumed that meant he wasn't Liquid rather than thinking something was up with Boss.

Basically, I'm a giant loving idiot when it comes to this game.

How big of a Metal Gear nerd are you? Because I think you need to be a bit pathological in that respect - and I readily cop to that - to see things like Venom Snake coming. If anything, the twist was a surprise in that it was the exact thing that had been telegraphed all along. Having incredible gameplay is a good strategy when your story is going to be meaningless or incomprehensible to everyone but the fans.

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer

Antti posted:

I'd never seen that so yes, now is an excellent time to repost that.

How big of a Metal Gear nerd are you? Because I think you need to be a bit pathological in that respect - and I readily cop to that - to see things like Venom Snake coming. If anything, the twist was a surprise in that it was the exact thing that had been telegraphed all along. Having incredible gameplay is a good strategy when your story is going to be meaningless or incomprehensible to everyone but the fans.

a) yes, The Boss Lebowski is amazing

b) yeah, that was basically the only let-down for me. I was expecting that the obvious twist was a misdirection or just the tip of the iceberg. The fact that it turned out to be exactly what it seemed like it would be from the first 10 minutes was a little disappointing. It doesn't make the story bad, it's just not what I had expected based on previous games ridiculous plot twists.

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

One thing that didn't help the twist was that Fat Miller streamer idiot doing everything he possibly could to spoil the twist in his videos without actually saying it several days before the game came out.

DaveKap
Feb 5, 2006

Pickle: Inspected.

Oh dear...

Oh... oh no....

What have I done. :(

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

DaveKap posted:

Oh... oh no....

:dong:

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

You turned Quiet into a Wild Thornberrys character.

Colapops
Nov 21, 2007

Raxivace posted:

You turned Quiet into a Wild Thornberrys character.

Smashing.

Vic Boss
Jan 19, 2007

:ocelot:
You're pretty good.
:ocelot:
Wait what ended up being the weapon to surpass metal gear? Jokes aside, was it Sahelanthropus? Vocal cord parasites (wolbachiacopulate)? Les Enfants Terribles? The Patriot AIs?

Nemesis Of Moles
Jul 25, 2007

love

the weapon to surpass metal gear was within all of us, all along.

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

Vic Boss posted:

Wait what ended up being the weapon to surpass metal gear? Jokes aside, was it Sahelanthropus? Vocal cord parasites (wolbachiacopulate)? Les Enfants Terribles? The Patriot AIs?

Vocal cord parasites (Skull Face's big plan was to reshape geopolitics through eradicating the English language and giving nukes to everyone)

Nanomashoes
Aug 18, 2012

Vic Boss posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NMoeDM8POZk

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Vic Boss posted:

Miller's hamburger.

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

This does not make sense when, again, aggregate indicia also indicate improvements. The belief that things are worse is false. It remains false.

Vic Boss posted:

Pachinko and production deadlines.

Speedball
Apr 15, 2008

RatHat posted:

This is a good time to repost this.

I have never seen this before.

"You're out of your element, Miller!"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bacontotem
May 27, 2010

Speedball posted: