Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who is going to be your MGV mission bro
This poll is closed.
DD 72 0.24%
Quiet 30008 99.63%
idk some robot thing 38 0.13%
Total: 30118 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009
its real weird that the us 5.56 lmg looks like the 240 while the 7.62 lmg looks like a saw. like wtf you goddamn japs

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde
Is there any reason why the guns all have fake names in this one after all the other games? I mean arent military weapons generally free from licensing poo poo or did that change?

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009

Hillary Clintons Thong posted:

Is there any reason why the guns all have fake names in this one after all the other games? I mean arent military weapons generally free from licensing poo poo or did that change?

pretty much every gun is some weird hybrid mishmash of real guns

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde
well its STUPID AND I DONT LIKE IT.

it ends up being "m4ish" thing, the "g3 looking thing"

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

ea got some law passed iirc because they were pissed off by some other game that came out

so now they're all licensed and there has to be fakeness

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde
how does EA have control of what people call things IDGI more details

like i get stuff with Cars, you cant just put a porsche 911 in the game and call it a porsche 911. Its a protected brand thing.

But like an AK47? Seriously? Little kids make those in africa. It's not like Kalishnakov is protecting its IP or something, and EA is the steward for this. IDGI.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

how does EA have control of what people call things IDGI more details

ugh fine ill google it for you

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2013-02-01-shooters-how-video-games-fund-arms-manufacturers

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde
if everyone just googled poo poo there would be no discussion forgive me for trying

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde
im nostalgia4butts some one asked me how I am today let me google that for an appropriate answer to that query

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009
yall niggas should settle down jeez

Mike-o
Dec 25, 2004

Now I'm in your room
And I'm in your bed

Grimey Drawer
gently caress that's a lot of words, gonna read it later. I don't get how anyone has any rights to military designation of guns like hct said but yeah I'll read that later. I'm over it now but before I was pissed off about all the fake guns, not to mention the fake helicopters, tanks, ifvs and trucks. I'm a gun sperg, I liked all the gun sperging and military technology that happened in the previous games :shrug:

Mike-o
Dec 25, 2004

Now I'm in your room
And I'm in your bed

Grimey Drawer

Kung Fu Fist gently caress posted:

yall niggas should settle down jeez

and pet DD

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

where can i buy that flag

Same etsy I posted with the coffee cups

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde
I'm sure they'll get a C&D soon enough grab yours now

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

Boners was recorded before a studio audience that was alive!

Kung Fu Fist gently caress posted:

its real weird that the us 5.56 lmg looks like the 240 while the 7.62 lmg looks like a saw. like wtf you goddamn japs
Glad I'm not the only one weirded out by this.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

mgo this week gently caress yes

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

mgo this week gently caress yes

YES

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mD9DHmig8iY

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING

would be better with 16-bit gloria

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009

this video sucks

Mike-o
Dec 25, 2004

Now I'm in your room
And I'm in your bed

Grimey Drawer
Did my first subsistence mission, poo poo was cool. I wish there was an option to start missions with no equipment anytime you wanted. Slowly but surely gonna beat the story of this game, and then try to get 100%. Doing the subsistence mission made me realize I play the same way too much, tranq literally everybody and Fulton them all out, then picking up every single piece of equipment or resource in a base. I need to just start doing whatever the gently caress comes naturally and stop relying on tranq guns so much.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

i usually run with sniper rifle/grenade launcher/tranq smg

ReebTop
May 17, 2003
I finally jumped on the bandwagon and have no idea what the hell I'm doing. Should I just keep running missions and side ops, or is there some point to free roam that I am totally missing? When do I go back for missed mission objectives? Why am I such a poor in this game?

This is hard you guys.

ReebTop fucked around with this message at 12:27 on Oct 5, 2015

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

i beat all but 2 missions (both extreme) and i beat all the side missions. right now im going back and finishing all the tasks and s-ranking everything

Fart Sandwiches
Apr 4, 2006

i never asked for this
Replaying for side objectives and S-ranks is excellent fun. Some of them are stupid and horrible like "find the hidden processed materials" and you clean the entire base and it still doesn't pop and you look it up on youtube and they wanted you to look under a bridge or on top of a mountain nearby. Other than that replaying missions owns. Especially with grenade launchers and servals and rocket punch and decoys and oh god game is still so good.

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!

Fart Sandwiches
Apr 4, 2006

i never asked for this

:vince:

edit:

It's very funny using the classic snake skin with the PS1 model and having that appear in cutscenes.

Mike-o
Dec 25, 2004

Now I'm in your room
And I'm in your bed

Grimey Drawer
thinking about stefanie joosten doing all the body mocap for quiet, especially when she's sticking her tits and rear end in your face :jackbud:

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
Mgs v dlc is a twenty minute scene of big Boss eating out box

Mike-o
Dec 25, 2004

Now I'm in your room
And I'm in your bed

Grimey Drawer
hnngggggmmmmm tasty

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Mike-o posted:

hnngggggmmmmm tasty

I see you've found a box. Boxes are native to many combat environments and provide great nutrition.

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
Kaz: Boss, we haven't seen you on Mother Base for a while. The female soldiers are especially suffering from low morale. Fighting is breaking out. Come out of the field and visit the troops. Do it for me.

ElMaligno
Dec 31, 2004

Be Gay!
Do Crime!

now i know why developing a base is expensive, you have to pay an arm and a leg for them!

speaking of that since Kaz is missing an arm adn a leg, does this mean he is also missing a ball?????

Mike-o
Dec 25, 2004

Now I'm in your room
And I'm in your bed

Grimey Drawer
metal gear meowlins v: the phantom ball pain

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

Mike-o posted:

metal gear meowlins v: the phantom ball pain

The special edition comes with like 90 T-shirts

Kawasaki Nun
Jul 16, 2001

by Reene

holocaust bloopers posted:

Kaz: Boss, we haven't seen you on Mother Base for a while. The female soldiers are especially suffering from low morale. Fighting is breaking out. Come out of the field and visit the troops. Do it for me.

My mother base only has like 10 females soldiers. I wonder how many helicopter trips a week are sent out for some sweet Ethiopian/Somalian tang

brand engager
Mar 23, 2011

Speaking of kaz did he lose his eyesight because of the attack on mother base or was he already blind? I haven't played peace walker yet so maybe he was always blind.:shrug:

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Kawasaki Nun posted:

My mother base only has like 10 females soldiers. I wonder how many helicopter trips a week are sent out for some sweet Ethiopian/Somalian tang

Use cheat engine to turn your entire base female. :getin:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!

Booblord Zagats posted:

The special edition comes with like 90 T-shirts

I choked on my coffee

• Locked thread