Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Acer Pilot
Feb 17, 2007
put the 'the' in therapist

:dukedog:

berzerkmonkey posted:

Ummm... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XAeD7VEkekY

58 seconds in, possible Fringe tie-in?

Was there a single frame insert after the 30 second mark or was my phone just playing tricks on me?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

isaboo
Nov 11, 2002

Muay Buok
ขอให้โชคดี

berzerkmonkey posted:

Oh man, I wish but I don't think so. I hope I'm wrong though, even if it's just a quick shot like that (that we can see clearly).

VVV Yeah, I remember that line because my head almost exploded

isaboo fucked around with this message at 20:09 on Sep 30, 2015

berzerkmonkey
Jul 23, 2003

pahuyuth posted:

Oh man, I wish but I don't think so. I hope I'm wrong though, even if it's just a quick shot like that (that we can see clearly).

The only thing that makes me optimistic is that someone said that in the Fringe S02 opener, there was a line regarding X-Files cases.

In other news, I have to go back and watch all the Fringe seasons I missed.

Acer Pilot posted:

Was there a single frame insert after the 30 second mark or was my phone just playing tricks on me?
I didn't see anything upon scrubbing back and forth.

Astroman
Apr 8, 2001

esselfortium posted:

How the hell is CSM still alive?! He was shot by helicopter missiles and engulfed in fire! Maybe they decided to just hope everyone's forgotten all about the terrible series finale. It would probably be for the best, I guess.

I've said this before, but I think the move is that *we* saw CSM immolated on screen, but nobody *in universe* saw it. The guys just shot the missiles and flew away cya later shitlords style. On the other hand, in the trailer the hand holding the cigarette is very young, so it could be flashbacks.

I just hope that if they DO show a young CSM they get Erik Knudsen to play him.
:allears:

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

berzerkmonkey posted:

The only thing that makes me optimistic is that someone said that in the Fringe S02 opener, there was a line regarding X-Files cases.

In other news, I have to go back and watch all the Fringe seasons I missed.

I didn't see anything upon scrubbing back and forth.

They also had somebody watching an episode of the X-files on tv later in the episode, probably just to calm down all the nutso theories people would float otherwise. But then later Walter said he was friends with Dr. Jacobi from Twin Peaks so whatever.

Chairman Capone
Dec 17, 2008

Jack Gladney posted:

They also had somebody watching an episode of the X-files on tv later in the episode, probably just to calm down all the nutso theories people would float otherwise. But then later Walter said he was friends with Dr. Jacobi from Twin Peaks so whatever.

I think there's also an episode of Millennium where someone is shown watching X-Files.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.

pahuyuth posted:

VVV Yeah, I remember that line because my head almost exploded

Are you talking about the Observer looking guy? Because black suit with fedora was a pretty common G-man look in the 40's/50's/60's. I want a Fringe reference too, but this is probably reaching.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

Big Mean Jerk posted:

Are you talking about the Observer looking guy? Because black suit with fedora was a pretty common G-man look in the 40's/50's/60's. I want a Fringe reference too, but this is probably reaching.

How could you forget?

Delsaber
Oct 1, 2013

This may or may not be correct.

Well, Jesse Ventura probably has time to kill these days. I'm not sure if they could get Alex Trebek though.

berzerkmonkey
Jul 23, 2003

Big Mean Jerk posted:

Probably. Dude was bald though, so... :pray:

berzerkmonkey fucked around with this message at 14:13 on Oct 1, 2015

Hispanic! At The Disco
Dec 25, 2011

berzerkmonkey posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tgqQPhiK5lU

Small Strange Bird
Sep 22, 2006

Merci, chaton!

esselfortium posted:

How the hell is CSM still alive?! He was shot by helicopter missiles and engulfed in fire! Maybe they decided to just hope everyone's forgotten all about the terrible series finale. It would probably be for the best, I guess.
Indian chief Cancer Man being blown the gently caress up by missiles is literally the only thing I can recall from the series finale. Did the Lone Gunmen appear to Mulder as ghosts or a vision or something too? Whatever; if it's that unclear, it probably wasn't worth remembering, so if they just pretend that "whatever you want to think happened, happened" and carry on without referring back to it, I'd be perfectly happy.

berzerkmonkey
Jul 23, 2003

Payndz posted:

Indian chief Cancer Man being blown the gently caress up by missiles is literally the only thing I can recall from the series finale. Did the Lone Gunmen appear to Mulder as ghosts or a vision or something too? Whatever; if it's that unclear, it probably wasn't worth remembering, so if they just pretend that "whatever you want to think happened, happened" and carry on without referring back to it, I'd be perfectly happy.

Was that the finale or the movie? I want to say it was the movie, because I really didn't see the last couple of seasons due to 1) being in boot camp/deployed; and 2) not really caring once Mulder and Scully weren't part of the show anymore.

Personally, I think they should retcon everything after Mulder/Scully, including the movies.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

berzerkmonkey posted:

Was that the finale or the movie? I want to say it was the movie, because I really didn't see the last couple of seasons due to 1) being in boot camp/deployed; and 2) not really caring once Mulder and Scully weren't part of the show anymore.

Personally, I think they should retcon everything after Mulder/Scully, including the movies.

That was in the series finale. Scully was also there in the last season, but she was not the focus.

berzerkmonkey
Jul 23, 2003

bobkatt013 posted:

That was in the series finale. Scully was also there in the last season, but she was not the focus.

Huh, it's weird that I would have seen that, yet missed everything in between.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

berzerkmonkey posted:

Huh, it's weird that I would have seen that, yet missed everything in between.

Are you sure you saw that one? He was "killed" like 14 times.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
so how important is it that i finish the xfiles before these new episodes because i'm kind of burning out at season 7

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

Jose posted:

so how important is it that i finish the xfiles before these new episodes because i'm kind of burning out at season 7

That's where it gets baaaaad, personaly I stopped there. I can't wait for the new episodes though.

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

Jose posted:

Not very. You should listen to The X Files Files though. Especially the ones for Jose Chung is From Outer Space and Clyde Bruckman's Final Repose.

berzerkmonkey
Jul 23, 2003

bobkatt013 posted:

Are you sure you saw that one? He was "killed" like 14 times.

He was in a cave and a helicopter shot a missile into it and blew his rear end up.

MariusLecter posted:

Not very. You should listen to The X Files Files though. Especially the ones for Jose Chung is From Outer Space and Clyde Bruckman's Final Repose.

Oh my God - this is a thing? Son of a bitch! Really wish I had known about it during the summer so I could have rewatched and listened to these. :(

joepinetree
Apr 5, 2012
People have been promoting it here for a while. It is so great that the host was actually hired to play a part in the coming episodes. He's had many great guests as well (both Morgans, one of the lone gunment, etc).

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
is there a list of plot episodes as much as they are and i can watch the rest whenever? brand x was the last episode i watched

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Jose posted:

is there a list of plot episodes as much as they are and i can watch the rest whenever? brand x was the last episode i watched

You should watch the next episode Hollywood AD.

berzerkmonkey
Jul 23, 2003

joepinetree posted:

People have been promoting it here for a while. It is so great that the host was actually hired to play a part in the coming episodes. He's had many great guests as well (both Morgans, one of the lone gunment, etc).

Yeah, I'm new to the thread, so I didn't know.

joepinetree
Apr 5, 2012

Jose posted:

If you just want to catch up on the mythology for the new episodes, the first half of the series finale is essentially a clip show where they sum up the series to that point (with some retcons)

This is a pretty comprehensive list of mythology episodes, from:

http://www.xfilesuniverse.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=873.

Season 1
1.01 - The Pilot
1.02 - Deep Throat
1.04 - Conduit
1.10 - Fallen Angel
1.11 - Eve
1.16 - Young at Heart
1.17 - E.B.E.
1.21 - Tooms
1.24 - The Erlenmeyer Flask

Season 2
2.01 - Little Green Men
2.02 - The Host
2.03 - Blood
2.04 - Sleepless
2.05 - Duane Barry (part 1 of 2)
2.06 - Ascension (part 2 of 2)
2.08 - One Breath
2.10 - Red Museum
2.15 - Fresh Bones
2.16 - Colony (part 1 of 2)
2.17 - Endgame (part 2 of 2)
2.18 - Fearful Symmetry
2.22 - F. Emasculata
2.23 - Soft Light
2.25 - Anasazi (part 1 of 3)

Season 3
3.01 - The Blessing Way (part 2 of 3)
3.02 - Paper Clip (part 3 of 3)
3.09 - Nisei (part 1 of 2)
3.10 - 731 (part 2 of 2)
3.15 - Piper Maru (part 1 of 2)
3.16 - Apocrypha (part 2 of 2)
3.21 - Avatar
3.23 - Wetwired
3.24 - Talitha Cumi (part 1 of 2)

Season 4
4.01 - Herrenvolk (part 2 of 2)
4.03 - Teliko
4.07 - Musings of Cigarette-Smoking Man
4.08 - Tunguska (part 1 of 2)
4.09 - Terma (part 2 of 2)
4.14 - Memento Mori
4.16 - Unrequited
4.17 - Tempus Fugit (part 1 of 2)
4.18 - Max (part 2 of 2)
4.21 - Zero Sum
4.23 - Demons
4.24 - Gethsemane (part 1 of 3)

Season 5
5.01 - Redux I (part 2 of 3)
5.02 - Redux II (part 3 of 3)
5.03 - Unusual Suspects
5.06 - Christmas Carol (part 1 of 2)
5.07 - Emily (part 2 of 2)
5.11 - Kill Switch
5.13 - Patient "X" (part 1 of 2)
5.14 - The Red and the Black (part 2 of 2)
5.15 - Travellers
5.18 - The Pine Bluff Variant
5.20 - The End

The X-Files : Fight The Future(Movie)

Season 6
6.01 - The Beginning
6.03 - Triangle [OK so the link to the mytharc here is a bit tenuous, but still]
6.04 - Dreamland (part 1 of 2)
6.05 - Dreamland II (part 2 of 2)
6.09 - S.R. 819
6.11 - Two Fathers (part 1 of 2)
6.12 - One Son (part 2 of 2)
6.20 - Three of a Kind
6.22 - Biogenesis (part 1 of 3)

Season 7
7.01 - The Sixth Extinction (part 2 of 3)
7.02 - Amor Fati (part 3 of 3)
7.10 - Sein Un Zeit (part 1 of 2)
7.11 - Closure (part 2 of 2)
7.15 - En Ami
7.22 - Requiem (part 1 of 3)

Season 8
8.01 - Within (part 2 of 3)
8.02 - Without (part 3 of 3)
8.13 - Per Manum
8.14 - This Is Not Happening (part 1 of 2)
8.15 - DeadAlive (part 2 of 2)
8.16 - Three Words
8.18 - Vienen
8.20 - Essence (part 1 of 2)
8.21 - Existence (part 2 of 2)

Season 9
9.01 - Nothing Important Happened Today I (Part 1 of 2)
9.02 - Nothing Important Happened Today II (Part 2 of 2)
9.06 - Trust No 1
9.09 - Provenance (Part 1 of 2)
9.10 - Providence (Part 2 of 2)
9.16 - William
9.19 and 9.20 - The Truth(Parts 1 and 2)

HUGE SPACEKABLOOIE
Mar 31, 2010

I will die a happy man if they drop a Fringe reference.

Astroman
Apr 8, 2001

HUGE SPACEKABLOOIE posted:

I will die a happy man if they drop a Fringe reference.

All they really have to do is stick an Observer somewhere in the background of each episode. :allears:

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

Just finished season 5. Is the movie required viewing? I started season 6 but it was quickly apparent that it was starting up where the movie had left off. It's a shame the movie isn't on netflix when the rest of the series is.

Gobbeldygook
May 13, 2009
Hates Native American people and tries to justify their genocides.

Put this racist on ignore immediately!

mabels big day posted:

Just finished season 5. Is the movie required viewing? I started season 6 but it was quickly apparent that it was starting up where the movie had left off. It's a shame the movie isn't on netflix when the rest of the series is.

IIRC they never reference it again after the first episode of season 6.

Bob Ojeda
Apr 15, 2008

I AM A WHINY LITTLE EMOTIONAL BITCH BABY WITH NO SENSE OF HUMOR

IF YOU SEE ME POSTING REMIND ME TO SHUT THE FUCK UP

mabels big day posted:

It's probably a better idea to use that as an excuse to stop watching the arc episodes entirely at that point

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Gobbeldygook posted:

IIRC they never reference it again after the first episode of season 6.

They did have a good joke about it in season 8 episode Alone about how they got back.

Paradoxish
Dec 19, 2003

Will you stop going crazy in there?

Bob Ojeda posted:

It's probably a better idea to use that as an excuse to stop watching the arc episodes entirely at that point

Two Fathers and One Son are good episodes, though. If you're going to stop watching arc stuff (you should), that's definitely the place to do it.

meatpath
Feb 13, 2003

mabels big day posted:

Just finished season 5. Is the movie required viewing?

If you enjoy the arc, then absolutely. I think you can rent it on youtube for a couple bucks.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
The movie gives a bit more insight on the shadowy syndicate and has a nice little arc for the Well Manicured Man, who was my favorite of the "dark smoky room full of stuffy old white guys".

Has there ever been any comment from the X-Files people on why they so rarely used Senator Matheson? It seemed cool to have an actual politician on Mulder's side but he's a very understated character and I think he shows up all of about 4 times in the whole series.

tastychicken
Jul 17, 2007
Title text goes here

berzerkmonkey posted:

Ummm... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XAeD7VEkekY

Doubt it. The X-Files have their own men in black, and that figure didn`t strike me as pale enough to be an Observer.

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe

Paradoxish posted:

Two Fathers and One Son are good episodes, though. If you're going to stop watching arc stuff (you should), that's definitely the place to do it.

Yeah I usually treat One Son as my series finale when I watch through the X-Files. After that the mythology is just terrible.

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

Ginette Reno posted:

Yeah I usually treat One Son as my series finale when I watch through the X-Files. After that the mythology is just terrible.

The Season 5 finale is usually what works for me. When the Smoking Man torches Mulder's office it feels like a death in the family, although I know it was done to facilitate the move to LA.

One Son works too, though, although there's still a decent load of poo poo to get through.

Slate Action
Feb 13, 2012

by exmarx
So, uh

https://www.foxconnect.com/x-files-collector-s-box-set.html

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

Hmmmmmm, *checking wallet*, hmmmmm

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003