Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Inside Out Mom
Jan 9, 2004

Franklin B. Znorps
Dignity, Class, Internet

Psion posted:

in December

also I hope part of Gunslinger is fixing the akimbo aiming. It's so bad.

While I agree with the aiming, I'm not sure what you could really do. It does seem semi-realistic with how you would have to aim with two pistols. Aim down one and the other is kinda less accurate.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com

Psion posted:

in December

also I hope part of Gunslinger is fixing the akimbo aiming. It's so bad.

its actually cool as gently caress sorry

Zomborgon
Feb 19, 2014

I don't even want to see what happens if you gain CHIM outside of a pre-coded system.

verbal enema posted:

its actually cool as gently caress sorry

Agreed, it's so much better than most other games' mechanical tradeoff where you get no sights at all. It that point, you might as well have a semiauto SMG.

Insert name here
Nov 10, 2009

Oh.
Oh Dear.
:ohdear:
I dunno I kinda liked how KF1 did it: holding aim would bring up both guns close to the center of the screen and you would line up the heads between the two front sight posts.

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com

Insert name here posted:

I dunno I kinda liked how KF1 did it: holding aim would bring up both guns close to the center of the screen and you would line up the heads between the two front sight posts.

that was also good

maybe a chance to do one or the other since neither are difficult to use

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

Uhh aiming down sights should activate your special move: jumping through the air within a localized zed time

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS

Inside Out Mom posted:

While I agree with the aiming, I'm not sure what you could really do. It does seem semi-realistic with how you would have to aim with two pistols. Aim down one and the other is kinda less accurate.

1) give gunslinger pistol optics so it's not as dumb

2) lasers. You ever notice how you have two 9mms which are presumably identical but there's no flashlight on the second one? Rude. Why can't I have two pistol flashlights and then the logical next step is two lasers?

3) gunslinger uses their gunkata to summon a crosshair out of thin air

there are tons of options that aren't "reuse of two-handed stance except with another gun in the lower left corner because reasons"

Psion fucked around with this message at 05:51 on Oct 4, 2015

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
i hope the signature gunslinger pistol is two revolvers and alt fire fans them

Azran
Sep 3, 2012

And what should one do to be remembered?
I wonder if there'll be another perk alongside Gunslinger. I mean, the katana is in the game, but at the same time it'd make more sense to add Sharpshooter.

Drakes
Jul 18, 2007

Why my bullets no hit?
Kinda wished you just pooped all your weapons on death, playing weapon management in the midst of a scrake/FP rushdown is never fun.

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

one day i will be able to sharpshoot again

SymmetryrtemmyS
Jul 13, 2013

I got super tired of seeing your avatar throwing those fuckin' glasses around in the astrology thread so I fixed it to a .jpg

Ruggington posted:

one day i will be able to sharpshoot again

just give me a lever action, even as a no-perk weapon

click beat click beat click

it is the best headpopper

toasterwarrior
Nov 11, 2011
Can't wait to get :ocelot:

Lady Morgaga
Aug 27, 2012

by Smythe
I want Gunslinger to have .50 cal handcannon very much. Piercing .50 cal handcannon.

EDIT: Also I hope that all Gunslinger weapons will be pistols. Full auto pistols, shotgun pistols, handcannon big rear end pistols. Make it possible to wield any weapon akimbo. But pistols only.

Lady Morgaga fucked around with this message at 07:56 on Oct 4, 2015

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

verbal enema posted:

i hope the signature gunslinger pistol is two revolvers and alt fire fans them

How do you fan two revolvers at once?

Insert name here
Nov 10, 2009

Oh.
Oh Dear.
:ohdear:

verbal enema posted:

i hope the signature gunslinger pistol is two revolvers and alt fire spins them

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009
I hope the signature Gunslinger weapon is two finger guns and one of the perks lets your bullets ricochet to hit enemies.

Lemon-Lime fucked around with this message at 09:49 on Oct 4, 2015

A FESTIVE SKELETON
Oct 2, 2011

TIS THE SEASON BITCH

Lemon Curdistan posted:

I hope the signature Gunslinger weapon is two finger guns and one of the perks lets your bullet ricochet to hit enemies.

Kinda hyped for Revolver Ocelot the perk. I know it probably won't happen, but whatevs.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

Rayjenkins posted:

Kinda hyped for Revolver Ocelot the perk. I know it probably won't happen, but whatevs.

MGS5 just came out, I'm sure someone on the design team is an MGS fan and it's an obvious choice for a perk. It's totally going to happen. :colbert:

QwertySanchez
Jun 19, 2009

a wacky guy

Lady Morgaga posted:

I want Gunslinger to have .50 cal handcannon very much. Piercing .50 cal handcannon.

EDIT: Also I hope that all Gunslinger weapons will be pistols. Full auto pistols, shotgun pistols, handcannon big rear end pistols. Make it possible to wield any weapon akimbo. But pistols only.

I'll be disappointed if the melee isn't just you pistol whipping everything. Or maybe one of those bolt pistols they use on livestock.

Gromit
Aug 15, 2000

I am an oppressed White Male, Asian women wont serve me! Save me Campbell Newman!!!!!!!

QwertySanchez posted:

I'll be disappointed if the melee isn't just you pistol whipping everything. Or maybe one of those bolt pistols they use on livestock.

The hint is in the name. You throw guns at everything.

Klaus88
Jan 23, 2011

Violence has its own economy, therefore be thoughtful and precise in your investment

Gromit posted:

:captainpop:

I love you and that post. :allears:

ZearothK
Aug 25, 2008

I've lost twice, I've failed twice and I've gotten two dishonorable mentions within 7 weeks. But I keep coming back. I am The Trooper!

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

I hope taking the perk breaks your arms and you have to use weapons with a sling. Sort of a handcap mode for people who think HoE is too difficult.

QwertySanchez
Jun 19, 2009

a wacky guy

Gromit posted:

They used to do that with the lovely SMGs Britain was making during the second world war, just throw them into a bunker and let it shart bullets everywhere. And in Borderlands 2 one of the gun brands has throwing guns away and letting them explode instead of reloading as a thing too.

It'll be like my guy on Dead Island who was built around throwing hammers at zombies until they died. And getting stupid drunk. But there's no drinking in KF2.

Yet.

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

The gunslinger level 20 perk will let you :ocelot: at one Zed and can only be active on one Zed at a time. The Zed you :ocelot: at will receive extra damage from your perk weapons and your character will talk about their love for reloading while they shoot at the marked Zed

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Oh You'll Love My Toxic Love
Grimey Drawer

Dr. VooDoo posted:

The gunslinger level 20 perk will let you :ocelot: at one Zed and can only be active on one Zed at a time. The Zed you :ocelot: at will receive extra damage from your perk weapons and your character will talk about their love for reloading while they shoot at the marked Zed

You're pretty good.

Zomborgon
Feb 19, 2014

I don't even want to see what happens if you gain CHIM outside of a pre-coded system.

QwertySanchez posted:

But there's no drinking in KF2.

Yet.

The only thing truly wrong with KF2

Mendrian
Jan 6, 2013

Gromit posted:

No thanks. Losing a team mate and having to track them down (or losing the rest of the team, which is even more tense and fun) is a far better meta-game for me, especially for a game that is supposed to be so team-oriented. I might think differently if players could be downed and rescued like in Payday or L4D, but in KF you deserve to be punished for getting separated and not being able to handle it. IMO, of course.

e: It would also mean my team couldn't say stuff like "Where's Gromit? Leave him - he's already dead."

I mean yes, people who take off are tools. But the number of times I've turned around from the trader only to find most of my team has taken off somewhere unannounced and no clear idea how to get there makes me a little gun shy. Make it a toggle or something. Or an option like the crosshair. Getting separated during a wave often means death and I think that's boring. I want to help my team.

ZearothK
Aug 25, 2008

I've lost twice, I've failed twice and I've gotten two dishonorable mentions within 7 weeks. But I keep coming back. I am The Trooper!

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

Mendrian posted:

I mean yes, people who take off are tools. But the number of times I've turned around from the trader only to find most of my team has taken off somewhere unannounced and no clear idea how to get there makes me a little gun shy. Make it a toggle or something. Or an option like the crosshair. Getting separated during a wave often means death and I think that's boring. I want to help my team.

Maybe an outline during the trading phase.

QwertySanchez
Jun 19, 2009

a wacky guy

Zomborgon posted:

The only thing truly wrong with KF2

Making the screen go all fuzzy and making everyone's speech go up and down a bit like in Chivalry. AGAaoATHaAaooaaAOoa!

edit: but with increased damage resistance and more damage dealt with melee weapons. Lets get hammered, and then they get hammered. :black101:

Communist Zombie
Nov 1, 2011

Lemon Curdistan posted:

I hope the signature Gunslinger weapon is two finger guns and one of the perks lets your bullets ricochet to hit enemies.

If no one makes a mod of finger guns, im seriously considering learning modding just to make that happen.

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com

Lemon Curdistan posted:

How do you fan two revolvers at once?

Throw one up fan the other catch and repeat

Or just using the back of each hand really really fast

Colosmicon
Jan 5, 2013

verbal enema posted:

Throw one up fan the other catch and repeat

Or just using the back of each hand really really fast

fan them with your tongue and put those cunnilingus skills to work

Nalesh
Jun 9, 2010

What did the grandma say to the frog?

Something racist, probably.
Gunslinger needs to have the ocelot animation that just keeps playing until you release the reload button.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BBQ2mflwnEU

Can even fly this guy in to mocap it :v:

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Colosmicon posted:

fan them with your tongue and put those cunnilingus skills to work

Gunnilingus

Luchadork
Feb 18, 2010

Take a look at the masked man
Beating up the wrong guy
Oh man! Wonder if he'll ever know
Chris Benoit killed his family
Is there a good, up-to-date KF2 wiki with stats and poo poo anywhere? I always used KF-Wiki.com but it's barely got any KF2 content on it at all.

ZearothK
Aug 25, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

Require More Fire posted:

Is there a good, up-to-date KF2 wiki with stats and poo poo anywhere? I always used KF-Wiki.com but it's barely got any KF2 content on it at all.

As far as I know the closest thing is this one.

moot the hopple
Apr 26, 2008

dyslexic Bowie clone
I think the perk menu could use a revamp. There's currently a bug where it will randomly decide to switch your perk if you press ESC and your last open menu happened to be on the perk menu. A simple fix for this could be adding a "switch to this class" button or a confirmation button in the corner. That way you could also freely look at the stats and experience bar of your other perks without automatically switching over to them.

Another improvement I'd love to see is being able to switch skills on the fly within the perk menu without having to go into the "Configure" menu because it currently feels like an unnecessary extra step, especially when trader time is ticking down. You could do this simply by making the currently existing Skills inset shown on the perk menu into a double column with both skill options as a toggeable, then leave the Configure menu as is for people who want more in-depth descriptions of the skills.

Crashbee
May 15, 2007

Stupid people are great at winning arguments, because they're too stupid to realize they've lost.
I don't really like the destructible lighting system, trying to shoot things in the dark is no fun.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

alg
Mar 14, 2007

A wolf was no less a wolf because a whim of chance caused him to run with the watch-dogs.

Crashbee posted:

I don't really like the destructible lighting system, trying to shoot things in the dark is no fun.

Press F