Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Crowetron
Apr 29, 2009

Teenage Fansub posted:

Tony Salvador Daniel, ladies and gentlemen.

From the Batman and Robin Eternal prologue in the free Batman Day comic.
https://www.comixology.com/Batman-2011-1-Endgame-Special-Edition/digital-comic/287070

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

ah, the old "leave a standee from your movie to trick the badguys" ploy.

Starsnostars
Jan 17, 2009

The Master of Magnetism
Magik's arm and face seem to both have gone very wrong in this preview page from Humberto Ramos' Extraordinary X-Men. However, his Storm looks pretty cool.

Senor Candle
Nov 5, 2008
Oh it looks like Storm forgot her pants in that panel, she could only find two really long socks and some belts and did her best.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Starsnostars posted:

Magik's arm and face seem to both have gone very wrong in this preview page from Humberto Ramos' Extraordinary X-Men.

I have yet to see a Humberto Ramos page where at least 50% of the characters hadn't had something go horribly wrong with their limbs and face.

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

The most important part of that panel is the return of The Best Mutant, Glob Herman.

Ferrule
Feb 23, 2007

Yo!

Jedit posted:

I have yet to see a Humberto Ramos page where at least 50% of the characters hadn't had something go horribly wrong with their limbs and face.

check out his old stuff on Hardware.

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

Jedit posted:

I was just thinking this page is probably the least deformed thing Ramos has drawn in the last decade or so.

I used to be a really big fan of his back when he was doing Impulse at DC. It's pretty sad to see what he's doing these days. He just fuckin' lost control at some point.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Hijo Del Helmsley posted:

The most important part of that panel is the return of The Best Mutant, Glob Herman.

:ssh: You typoed "Rockslide" there.

RevKrule
Jul 9, 2001

Thrilling the forums since 2001

Bad art made worse by Magik's lack of bangs.

Deep Thoreau
Aug 16, 2008

Who's the old little kid? I've never been able to find that out.

Hakkesshu
Nov 4, 2009

HogX posted:

Who's the old little kid? I've never been able to find that out.

What, Ernst? She's never really done anything to my knowledge, though I think it was hinted that she is the reincarnation of Cassandra Nova or some bullshit

redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer
Wonky eyes and wrongbent limbs aside, I would be totally happy with Storm's loving awesome 'do taking up a huge chunk of every single page.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

RevKrule posted:

Bad art made worse by Magik's lack of bangs.

Yep, that's what was bothering me that I couldn't quite place.

wayfinder
Jul 7, 2003

Hakkesshu posted:

What, Ernst? She's never really done anything to my knowledge, though I think it was hinted that she is the reincarnation of Cassandra Nova or some bullshit

Super strength, I think

Heresiarch
Oct 6, 2005

Literature is not exhaustible, for the sufficient and simple reason that no single book is. A book is not an isolated being: it is a relationship, an axis of innumerable relationships.
Near the end of Morrison's New X-Men, during the "Here Comes Tomorrow" alternate-future arc, it was revealed that Ernst was a mentally shackled Cassandra Nova in the body of that alien biocomputer shapeshifter thing named "Stuff".

(New X-Men #153)

This was later contradicted in Whedon's Astonishing X-Men when we see that Nova/Stuff has been in a very tightly locked box in the mansion, and used Kitty to escape.

(Astonishing X-Men #17)

So the answer to "who is Ernst" is a typical X-Men continuity snarl.

haitfais
Aug 7, 2005

I am offended by your ham, sir.
Ernst was part of the special class in Spider-Man and the X-men, which you should read if you haven't because it was basically perfect. Ernst was the traitor Spidey was brought in to look for, but she was just trying to help her BFF Martha the Floating Brain get a body, so her only punishment for selling the school out to Sinister was detention.

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.

Hijo Del Helmsley posted:

I loved how hanging out with Spidey did wonders for him as a person, they really should do another series of him as one of the school teachers.

SirDan3k
Jan 6, 2001

Trust me, you are taking this a lot more seriously then I am.

Sentinel Red posted:

I loved how hanging out with Spidey did wonders for him as a person, they really should do another series of him as one of the school teachers.

Ol' Peter Parker is a good dude to learn from, before it got drowned out with "Cyclops was technically in a roundabout way right!" AvX revealed that hanging with Spider-Man was apparently the missing ingredient in keeping Phoenix hosts from gluing crab legs on whales and nuking solar systems on a bad hair day.

funtax
Feb 28, 2001
Forum Veteran
Frank Miller is still drawing... uh... things.

funtax fucked around with this message at 04:04 on Oct 6, 2015

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

Looks like the guy who illustrated the Charlie and the Chocolate Factory books way back in the day.

Toadstrieb
Apr 15, 2011
Every time I see something that is ostensibly complete poo poo--Miller's Superman up there--I wonder, what am I missing? I really want to be missing something.

strangeless
May 8, 2007

I say money, money, money, and I say hot dog! I say yes, no and I say money, money, money and I say turkey sandwich and I say jet fuel can't melt steel beams.

Toadstrieb posted:

Every time I see something that is ostensibly complete poo poo--Miller's Superman up there--I wonder, what am I missing? I really want to be missing something.

You are missing that this is hilarious.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Expect to read "it's satire" every time someone tries to defend liking it.

I wish I could tell kids that you can like something that's garbage without justifying it with hidden depths that aren't exactly there.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

I ike that Frank drew Superman's dick.

Kulkasha
Jan 15, 2010

But it was all right, everything was all right, the struggle was finished. He had won the victory over himself. He loved Likchenpa.
Does Frank Miller have a slow stroke every time he draws now? Has he become so wizened and crippled that his drawing hand looks like a skeksis claw?

Gnome de plume
Sep 5, 2006

Hell.
Fucking.
Yes.
It's a piece of art any parent would be proud to stick on the fridge door.

Conrad_Birdie
Jul 10, 2009

I WAS THERE
WHEN CODY RHODES
FINISHED THE STORY
Yikes.....I'm trying to think of anything positive to say about that. And nothing is coming to mind.

Chinaman7000
Nov 28, 2003

I like the shading on the right foot. Superb.

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

It's got more personality in it than the main book will probably have with Andy Kubert's interiors instead of Frank's.
Obviously he wouldn't have been able to keep up with that and it'd be far less palatable to the public, but I think it's a shame.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?
On the subject of Frank Miller here is Daredevil 181

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Yeah, turns out having to adhere to Marvel's house style and express yourself in the margins so-to-speak, instead of two decades of "Do whatever you want O' the Frank Miller of Daredevil, TDKR, Sin City, and 300! We would not dare constrain your genius!" produces way better work from an artist like Miller.

Fact is some artists really shouldn't be un-leashed for too long. Give them a standard to work around and "rebel" against, and you'll see some amazing stuff.

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

DK2 was amazing stuff. :colbert:

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

"It's satire."

I'm ribbing, fyi. Not seriously dissing your taste. I feel a need to clarify this pre-emptively.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

mind the walrus posted:

Expect to read "it's satire" every time someone tries to defend liking it.

I wish I could tell kids that you can like something that's garbage without justifying it with hidden depths that aren't exactly there.

Don't mod sass-

oh wait.

funtax
Feb 28, 2001
Forum Veteran

Conrad_Birdie posted:

Yikes.....I'm trying to think of anything positive to say about that. And nothing is coming to mind.

Superman's undies are on the correct side of his costume.

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."

Endless Mike posted:

I ike that Frank drew Superman's dick.

Superdickery indeed.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Teenage Fansub posted:

DK2 was amazing stuff. :colbert:

I unironically love the first issue of DK2.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brazilianpeanutwar
Aug 27, 2015

Spent my walletfull, on a jpeg, desolate, will croberts make a whale of me yet?

That's one chunky arse leg you have there superman, and your feet seem to be millimetres thick, what's your secret? *looks at recent pic of frank miller* Ohhhh....