Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Darkoni
Dec 28, 2010

You do not look terribly noble and yet I feel troubled, attracted, bewitched.

GulagDolls posted:

yeah install chivalry so we can bash some skulls in

I have no idea what this means.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

We don't need to have that dialogue because it's obvious, trivial, and has already been had a thousand times.
It's in the wrong thread- chivalry's a first person medieval combat game. Or...maybe they're trying to invite them to a totally unrelated game, to save them?

that ivy guy
May 20, 2015

any good let's play recommendations for a genocide playthrough? i'd like to take flowey's advice and keep my Nice Save File intact forever and ever.

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

We don't need to have that dialogue because it's obvious, trivial, and has already been had a thousand times.

VineST posted:

any good let's play recommendations for a genocide playthrough? i'd like to take flowey's advice and keep my Nice Save File intact forever and ever.

You're not going to like what you find. There are worse things than playing through the genocide route. (a full LP probably won't be enjoyable- genocide is, by most accounts, a miserable experience to play, let alone watch. Look for a highlights video...and don't say I didn't warn you.)

Mercedes Colomar
Nov 1, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
What happens if you tell Undyne that Anime Isn't Real? I didn't have the heart to say it, but wanted to.

Also, any chance that guide to the second floor puzzle can be added to the OP or near it? Or someone should add it to the Steam guides.

100 HOGS AGREE
Oct 13, 2007
Grimey Drawer
Slowbeef's been doing one, and he's grandpa lets play so you should watch his.

Kite Pride Worldwide
Apr 20, 2009

Manuel Calavera posted:

What happens if you tell Undyne that Anime Isn't Real? I didn't have the heart to say it, but wanted to.

Also, any chance that guide to the second floor puzzle can be added to the OP or near it? Or someone should add it to the Steam guides.

She begrudgingly accepts it and thanks you for telling the truth.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

Alabaster White posted:

She begrudgingly accepts it and thanks you for telling the truth.

Which is wrong because of course you're a filthy liar, as the true final boss clearly proves :colbert:

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

She tries to live in this awful world.

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

Discendo Vox posted:

You're not going to like what you find. There are worse things than playing through the genocide route. (a full LP probably won't be enjoyable- genocide is, by most accounts, a miserable experience to play, let alone watch. Look for a highlights video...and don't say I didn't warn you.)

Speedrunners seem to have a blast with it.

Nomadic Scholar
Feb 6, 2013

well, I shaved my way through Undyne the Undying's fun time palace, now to trudge towards the Coney Island Disco House

Shwqa
Feb 13, 2012

Tunicate posted:

Speedrunners seem to have a blast with it.

Oh man I can't wait to see this at that a future games done quick event.

BiggerJ
May 21, 2007

What shall we do with him? A permaban, perhaps? Probate him for a few years? Or...shall we employ a big red custom title? You, the goons of SA, shall decide his fate.

Dominic White posted:

Okay, I lied, one last Undertale link.

Just click the music bit at top. It's small, it's silly and I nearly died laughing.

My bones have been thoroughly trousled.

Skeleton's Aire and Death Waltz (from "A Tribute to Wing D. Gaster")

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused

Shwqa posted:

Oh man I can't wait to see this at that a future games done quick event.

Seems like a pretty terrible game to speedrun given most of the charm comes from the dialogue and there's a bunch of fights that can't be sped up in any way. Legit curious as to why genocide is apparently fun for speedrunners.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Precisely for that reason. You skip a lot of dialogue because people are dead/gone.

Dr. Dos
Aug 5, 2005

YAAAAAAAY!
(Genocide and Pacifist spoilers oh joy)

So I did most of a genocide run and... spared Sans to see what would happen. After that I reset my save, without ever actually killing him and finishing the genocide run. Then I wondered what would happen if I did a pacifist run again on that file, to see if I'd get the jump scare ending or not.

I got some dialog I hadn't heard of before! After fighting Omega Flowey he he asked why I did the whole non-violent thing when we were so close to having finished his plan. He then says (and I'm paraphrasing this) "Oh I get it, you're still playing around and seeing how people react. Well I'll be waiting when you're ready ;)". So even though my ending was still the happy pacifist one, the game still very much knew.

Edit: Somebody took the screenshots (again, spoilers) https://www.dropbox.com/sh/6shbth11v3bj80g/AAAEhgZ5-uvLQdInlDfNpMKNa?dl=0

Dr. Dos fucked around with this message at 04:04 on Oct 6, 2015

Doctor Soup
Nov 4, 2009

I have nothing but confidence in you, and very little of that.

I'm so happy. This makes me so happy.

Koos Group
Mar 6, 2013

BiggerJ
May 21, 2007

What shall we do with him? A permaban, perhaps? Probate him for a few years? Or...shall we employ a big red custom title? You, the goons of SA, shall decide his fate.
Turns out someone somehow did some really spoilery cosplay a couple of months before release.

Silentman0
Jul 11, 2005

I have a new neighbor. Heard he comes from far away

Ciaphas posted:

Which is wrong because of course you're a filthy liar, as the true final boss clearly proves :colbert:

What? Anime is totally a thing that exists, Undyne. You saw it yourself.

Shwqa
Feb 13, 2012

Internet Kraken posted:

Seems like a pretty terrible game to speedrun given most of the charm comes from the dialogue and there's a bunch of fights that can't be sped up in any way. Legit curious as to why genocide is apparently fun for speedrunners.

I watched someone speed run animal crossing. It was pretty entertaining. A genocide run is way more interesting.

m2pt5
May 18, 2005

THAT GOD DAMN MOSQUITO JUST KEEPS COMING BACK

Shwqa posted:

I watched someone speed run animal crossing. It was pretty entertaining.
I don't know how that's even possible.

Shwqa
Feb 13, 2012

m2pt5 posted:

I don't know how that's even possible.

It is how fast they can pay off the debt. And it involved at lot of crazy dupping glitches.

Incoherence
May 22, 2004

POYO AND TEAR

SynthOrange posted:

Precisely for that reason. You skip a lot of dialogue because people are dead/gone.
A genocide speed run would be mostly grinding, though, which is also not particularly entertaining. I'd rather see a True Reset Pacifist run, although that's probably too long for a GDQ.

Niton
Oct 21, 2010

Your Lord and Savior has finally arrived!

..got any kibble?

Incoherence posted:

A genocide speed run would be mostly grinding, though, which is also not particularly entertaining. I'd rather see a True Reset Pacifist run, although that's probably too long for a GDQ.

I'd like to see an "All Yellow Names" pacifist run, but with a commentator who goes over what the yellow name conditions are & why they're meaningful. A lot of fights can be skipped outright in pacifist any%, including a lot of the funnier boss stuff. It's also not that much longer than a standard run.

curiousCat
Sep 23, 2012

Does this look like the face of mercy, kupo?

source: [x]

President Ark
May 16, 2010

:iiam:
Undyne uses spears, not swords. :argh:

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Not true, she's got a sword taller than herself in her kitchen.

GlyphGryph
Jun 23, 2013

Down came the glitches and burned us in ditches and we slept after eating our dead.

President Ark posted:

Undyne uses spears, not swords. :argh:

Talk to her in her house and she'll explain that her spears are for fighting but her sword is for fun.

She just wishes it was bigger.

Krinkle
Feb 9, 2003

Ah do believe Ah've got the vapors...
Ah mean the farts

Someone explain what that picture is of. I'm afraid to say what it looks like to me.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

A cigar

Parts Kit
Jun 9, 2006

durr
i have a hole in my head
durr
Ahahaha oh my god.

MkidTrigun
Jun 16, 2009
Has anyone attempted collecting 'Bad Memory' from the Amalgamates and holding onto it until post-game to sell it back to Temmie yet? I'm close to finishing another run so I can report my findings if the outcome is unknown.

ShadowMar
Mar 2, 2010

HERE IS A
GRAVEYARD
OF YOU!

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

I think I'm getting close to beating the final genocide boss. The problem I'm facing I think is at the very beginning, actually. The very first attack, bone maze into the lasers takes a ton of health out of me still. I can do one or the other nearly flawlessly, but I mess up on the other one. Either I get in the position to get through the maze only to get hit by lasers, or I am in the perfect position to dodge all the lasers but I got hit by a bunch of bones in the maze. Also, the attack shortly after with the small bone - big blue bone pairings gets me a lot too. Those couple attacks ensure I need to use my one full heal at the beginning, and waste time healing when I could be progressing the fight.

Zernach
Oct 23, 2012
This got a chuckle out of me. Skele puns

Two Inch Bee
Apr 17, 2003
Damn you, Lyle, and damn your style.
This part was fun.

(x)

Two Inch Bee fucked around with this message at 05:55 on Oct 6, 2015

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh

Krinkle posted:

Someone explain what that picture is of. I'm afraid to say what it looks like to me.
it's undyne and alphys

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!

MkidTrigun posted:

Has anyone attempted collecting 'Bad Memory' from the Amalgamates and holding onto it until post-game to sell it back to Temmie yet? I'm close to finishing another run so I can report my findings if the outcome is unknown.

it's worth 300

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

I want one. :tem:

• Locked thread