Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Minarch posted:

I keep seeing his front legs as his back legs, and his back legs as like arms that he's about to put on his hips, and I can't step laughing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BOOTY-ADE
Aug 30, 2006

BIG KOOL TELLIN' Y'ALL TO KEEP IT TIGHT

What a cute Ewalk :3:

Fritz Coldcockin
Nov 7, 2005
Guys, my mother has become disabled to the point where I think my family and I have no choice but to put her in a nursing home for rehab...can I have some puppies? Please? :(

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

http://i.imgur.com/nj3YFJL.gifv
http://i.imgur.com/DORWlkd.gifv

And, oh dear god:
http://i.imgur.com/x32mr6y.gifv

Edit:

http://gfycat.com/ContentBlaringChrysalis
http://i.imgur.com/3fXsxvL.gifv

cinci zoo sniper has a new favorite as of 08:29 on Oct 5, 2015

oliven
Jan 25, 2006

love all cats

Alter Ego posted:

Guys, my mother has become disabled to the point where I think my family and I have no choice but to put her in a nursing home for rehab...can I have some puppies? Please? :(

That sucks, I'm sorry :(

Here's a bunch of puppies, most are probably reposts but there are worse things to repeat I think:

Knorth
Aug 19, 2014

Buglord

oliven posted:

Here's a bunch of puppies, most are probably reposts but there are worse things to repeat I think:

* drops shopping basket in front of cashier.

* it's full of wriggling puppies.

:kimchi:

Nordick
Sep 3, 2011

Yes.

I like to think that owl is flying by just ignoring gravity out of sheer spite

Blackchamber
Jan 25, 2005

Are there more of these?

Buzkashi
Feb 4, 2003
College Slice
Man, I'm dying trying to remember my old Youtube login information, I took a video at the Koln zoo in 2007 of a giant suspicious-looking bucket scooting along an enclosure until it popped up slightly to reveal an orangutan underneath, only to come back down and keep scooting and I'd love to share it. I'm gonna work on this, you guys.

CombatBonta-kun
Sep 22, 2003
Ehhhh?

Blackchamber posted:

Are there more of these?

Pretty sure that is Elfie and Gimli.

https://instagram.com/elfie_gimli/?hl=en

BOOTY-ADE
Aug 30, 2006

Buzkashi posted:

Man, I'm dying trying to remember my old Youtube login information, I took a video at the Koln zoo in 2007 of a giant suspicious-looking bucket scooting along an enclosure until it popped up slightly to reveal an orangutan underneath, only to come back down and keep scooting and I'd love to share it. I'm gonna work on this, you guys.

I've got to see this, love me some goober orangutans :3:

Blackchamber
Jan 25, 2005

Thank you kindly. I'm going to show these to my mom when I visit this weekend, she loves cat videos.

Dick Trauma
Nov 30, 2007

God damn it, you've got to be kind.

Nordick posted:

New version of Angry Birds is looking pretty good!

HackensackBackpack
Aug 20, 2007

Who needs a house out in Hackensack? Is that all you get for your money?

Fritz Coldcockin
Nov 7, 2005

Nordick posted:

I cannot stop loving laughing at this, thank you. It has, no lie, made my lovely day better.

It's like someone fired him out of an owl cannon and that picture was taken as he went whizzing resignedly past.

oliven posted:

I would like to go to the grocery store that sells these, please.

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.
Crossposting from PI, goon found a mom cat and her kittens and took them in.

Dick Trauma
Nov 30, 2007

God damn it, you've got to be kind.

Alter Ego posted:

It's like someone fired him out of an owl cannon...

An owlitzer?

BOOTY-ADE
Aug 30, 2006

A drone vs a curious moose
http://www.discovery.com/dscovrd/wi...paign=Discovery

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar
That is some seriously pro drone work.

SCheeseman
Apr 23, 2003

Gorilla Salad posted:

That is some seriously pro drone work.

The latest batch of drones are kinda ridiculously easy to control. It's almost getting to the point that they don't need human input at all.

Also I want to pet a moose.

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

Eodoin posted:

Got a call from my mom today trying to get rid of their giant litter of puppies. (originally 8 total) Unfortunately they are German Shorthairs and I get enough excitement from my corgi.

But dang are they cute. To bad they don't always stay small.

Super cute. They look so much like Field-breed English Springers.

Related: My folks' dog being extremely happy about fetch.

FutonForensic
Nov 11, 2012

What do the following three images have in common?

They're all from the Chernobyl Exclusion Zone :tinfoil:

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

FutonForensic posted:

What do the following three images have in common?

They're all from the Chernobyl Exclusion Zone :tinfoil:

Yeah, that's pretty normal. Humans aren't going anywhere near there, and animals don't understand/feel radiation so they're gonna move right on in.

Johnny Aztec
Jan 30, 2005

by Hand Knit

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Yeah, that's pretty normal. Humans aren't going anywhere near there, and animals don't understand/feel radiation so they're gonna move right on in.

Sooooo...you are saying we should low-grade nuke more areas of the world?

mycot
Oct 23, 2014

"It's okay. There are other Terminators! Just give us this one!"
Hell Gem
The animals still literally get the effects of radiation, of course, they just don't care about shortened-lifespans and stuff like that for obvious reasons.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

And to be honest, they're better off being bathed in radiation than trying to live where humans are rolling over the top of them.

Fashionable Jorts
Jan 18, 2010

Maybe if I'm busy it could keep me from you

mycot posted:

The animals still literally get the effects of radiation, of course, they just don't care about shortened-lifespans and stuff like that for obvious reasons.

Many animals naturally have too short of a lifespan to really see the effects of radiation exposure. A stoat only lives 4-6 years in the wild, and the doses of radiation they'd be getting wouldn't show signs for decades, so they are fine.

Johnny Aztec posted:

Yes. Preserve nature by making it harmful to humans.

mycot
Oct 23, 2014

"It's okay. There are other Terminators! Just give us this one!"
Hell Gem
Yeah, gently caress poor people.

I think it was the aforementioned Gimli the Cat (a cat with dwarfism) that exposed me to the word "cutant". A cute mutant. Here's one of his kitten pictures.

mycot has a new favorite as of 05:45 on Oct 6, 2015

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Fashionable Jorts posted:

Many animals naturally have too short of a lifespan to really see the effects of radiation exposure. A stoat only lives 4-6 years in the wild, and the doses of radiation they'd be getting wouldn't show signs for decades, so they are fine.

True, but radiation damage can accumulate over generations if we count the increased mutation rate.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

I dunno, a moose with laser eyes sounds pretty boss.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

MikeJF posted:

True, but radiation damage can accumulate over generations if we count the increased mutation rate.

Not as badly as you might think. The nastier mutants tend to either be stillborn, sterile, or don't compete well with the healthier specimens.

neonnoodle
Mar 20, 2008

by exmarx

Well that horse at the bottom seems to be doing pretty well with his 7 heads.

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

Johnny Aztec posted:

Gotta nuke something.

Nordick
Sep 3, 2011

Yes.

Alter Ego posted:

I cannot stop loving laughing at this, thank you. It has, no lie, made my lovely day better.

It's like someone fired him out of an owl cannon and that picture was taken as he went whizzing resignedly past.
No problem, glad to hear that :)

The Finnish article about it called it a "torpedo owl" (torpedowl!) but I think I like Dick Trauma's "owlitzer" better.

Moving on, meet Pumpkin the Orphaned Rescue Raccoon: http://pulptastic.com/racoon-identity-crisis/

Seriously, look at that adorable furball! :kimchi: The picture where she's hanging from the kitchen counter freaking killed me.

Che Delilas
Nov 23, 2009
FREE TIBET WEED

Nordick posted:

The Finnish article about it called it a "torpedo owl" (torpedowl!) but I think I like Dick Trauma's "owlitzer" better.

Come on, Finland, torpedoes go through the water. That's clearly a missowl.

Pander
Oct 9, 2007

Fear is the glue that holds society together. It's what makes people suppress their worst impulses. Fear is power.

And at the end of fear, oblivion.

Nordick posted:

Moving on, meet Pumpkin the Orphaned Rescue Raccoon: http://pulptastic.com/racoon-identity-crisis/

Seriously, look at that adorable furball! :kimchi: The picture where she's hanging from the kitchen counter freaking killed me.

You know that Siberian fox experiment where they domesticated foxes in like 10-20 generations?

Why haven't we done that with raccoons yet? Whyyyyyyyy

Winklebottom
Dec 19, 2007

Some vintage cuteness: dogs helping with raising big cats at Copenhagen Zoo in the early 1900's

Tendai
Mar 16, 2007

"When the eagles are silent, the parrots begin to jabber."

Grimey Drawer
I don't remember if this is a goon cat or just a random-rear end internet cat, but look how happy this motherfucker is:

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

Tendai posted:

I don't remember if this is a goon cat or just a random-rear end internet cat, but look how happy this motherfucker is:

Everything is better when it's fresh out of the box.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tendai
Mar 16, 2007

"When the eagles are silent, the parrots begin to jabber."

Grimey Drawer
It SAYS "Cats love it!" right on the box, I don't know what they were expecting :colbert:

• Locked thread