Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Psychedelicatessen
Feb 17, 2012

oldschool subprime loans confirmed and Zeah confirmed for early 16 release

MM2 concept art trying to ape Deviantart

Psychedelicatessen fucked around with this message at 15:27 on Oct 3, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Purple Rain Man
Aug 17, 2010
Since it's a new month here's our GoonScape top10 for RS3 in September AKA the poopsock shaming list:

I would have been in there except I missed pretty much the entire DXPW for a family trip across the state. That's alright though I had a great time IRL (such good graphics!) and now I will have even more drive to maximize my gainz next time!

ps: these stats as always come from the GoonScape page on RuneClan

Purple Rain Man fucked around with this message at 16:10 on Oct 3, 2015

Psychedelicatessen
Feb 17, 2012

:siren:2016 reveals::siren:

Modern day gods instead of thawed ancient generals: Tuska general vs Seren general

Tuska/seren godswords

Mining/smithing rework confirmed

Sliske's godslayer game is coming to an end next year through 4 quests
First quest is about Nomad trying to become a god by eating all dead souls and ghosts
Second quest is about the Barrows Brothers, lore about them, about Sliske's hold over them and a STRONG POWERFUL WOMAN, A BARROWS SISTER
Third quest ?????
Fourth one is called Sliske's Endgame, the conclusion of all the events, quests and poo poo since the death of Guthix.
The 4th quest will have multiple choices, endings and the ability to play through the non-canon choices you eventually will make

More NXT pics

Solo boss:

Fate of the Gods 2:
Mah wants to build her own universe and scrap the current one before the other elder gods, and Zaros facing Zamorak

Quirky quest, more humor and making more quests in 2016 with the Bottle Quest system like the october mazcab quest

Raids 2, audio committed suicide here so I didn't get what this is about

Invention Elite skill coming January

Crystal invention, clockwork invention and an Invention Guild coming later

Player Power / Runelabs wants a new area, city or continent from you, the player
Fossil Island, maybeeee?

Final Vampire quest, Rivers of Blood next year too

15 yr anniversary + runescape documentary + Rs classic reopening

Final Update: a milestone nostalgia quest about 2 wizards made by Andrew and Paul Gower

Psychedelicatessen
Feb 17, 2012

Mod Osborne keeps heiling :godwin:

Telarra
Oct 9, 2012

Spergminer posted:

:flashfap:

Purple Rain Man
Aug 17, 2010

Spergminer posted:

Any more details about this?

Psychedelicatessen
Feb 17, 2012

Purple Rain Man posted:

Any more details about this?

quote:

Mining & Smithing Rework

This was the top answer from long-term players currently on a break, and third most popular from current RS players. You completely surprised us with this one – it's the Smithing and Mining Rework!

This is the real joy of asking what you want – we've talked and talked about this for years, but we thought you weren't that excited about it compared to the big shiny stuff. Well, we were wrong - and you told us in your thousands.

We're committed to make Smithing and Mining as awesome as they can be. Whether that means new training methods, we're not sure yet - but a priority is making the gear level-relevant. No more rune platebodies at level 99!

Once we've moved things about, we will then be looking at the higher levels of Smithing, ensuring that the skill – along with Mining - is really worth training. These reasons will - naturally - include some top end gear that can complement or give cheaper alternatives to the bigger-hitting gear from drops, without replacing or undermining them.

Telarra
Oct 9, 2012

Spergminer posted:

No more rune platebodies at level 99!

*accidentally rips dick off*

Only way this can get better is if it'll get pushed to darkscape as well.

Purple Rain Man
Aug 17, 2010
Hmmm, I wonder if they will be changing alch prices? I sure hope not! Mining harmonized rune in Prif has been my main method of making money this past month since I unlocked the city

If they leave alch prices the same I assume they will introduce some sort of new ore/armor at higher alch rates? yummy

Purple Rain Man fucked around with this message at 18:48 on Oct 3, 2015

Themata
Dec 10, 2011

If you want a pizza this pie
You can crust that
I won't cheese on you
Dance on the groove flour
And I'll give you a disco-unt
In further possible Runefest news, Bungh0 has informed me that the #10 top Runescape player pubbie may have assaulted #7 and now his account is permanently banned?

Screensh0t Bungh0 linked me - possible STDH?:

And lma0 at the pubbie who may have been attacked:

http://rsplayers.wikia.com/wiki/AlmostLost

quote:

AlmostLost, known in real life as Richard, is a RuneScape player Moderator with a maxed total level of 2595.

He achieved 200M experience in all skill as of January the 6th 2015, he is ranked 7th in the hiscores.

In the race to 99 Divination, Richard played so much trying to win the position of 1st person to achieve 99 he had to go to hospital after having heart problems due to lack of sleep.

Alpha Kenny Juan
Apr 11, 2007

quote:

Richard played so much trying to win the position of 1st person to achieve 99 he had to go to hospital after having heart problems due to lack of sleep.

This is exactly why you have a sock instead of letting it build up inside you. :eng101:

Psychedelicatessen
Feb 17, 2012

Themata posted:

In further possible Runefest news, Bungh0 has informed me that the #10 top Runescape player pubbie

Former #10 :eng101: His account and alts were permabanned, removed from the hiscore and he was not allowed to enter the Tobacco Dock venue.

Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe
I wonder if we'll finally have better non degrading armor out of this.

Studio
Jan 15, 2008

Simsmagic posted:

really hyped for "bad, unbalanced hearthstone"

So... You're ready for Hearthstone???

boy are my arms tired
May 10, 2012

Ham Wrangler
hi i am back from vacation

all of this stuff looks cool, i cannot wait to grind invention (no sarcasm)

SeaGoatSupreme
Dec 26, 2009
Ask me about fixed-gear bikes (aka "fixies")

Purple Rain Man posted:

Since it's a new month here's our GoonScape top10 for RS3 in September AKA the poopsock shaming list:

I would have been in there except I missed pretty much the entire DXPW for a family trip across the state. That's alright though I had a great time IRL (such good graphics!) and now I will have even more drive to maximize my gainz next time!

ps: these stats as always come from the GoonScape page on RuneClan

I am so immensely sad that I somehow made it onto the list. What is wrong with me.

SeaGoatSupreme
Dec 26, 2009
also i eagerly look forward to the time when mining and smithing isn't completely useless

Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe
I enjoy this new update:

Surmoon
Jun 6, 2008

Nintendo Kid posted:

I enjoy this new update:

I didn't even notice until I saw this hah. Wonder what everyones new overalls are.

Augster
Aug 5, 2011

Now that I can put cool sparkles all over my skills, it's time to get sockin' again

Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe
Gotta get that 3120 total level

Alpha Kenny Juan
Apr 11, 2007

Augster posted:

Now that I can put cool sparkles all over my skills, it's time to get sockin' again

lmao @ the 99s

That aside, why is one 120 dung a sparkle and the other one a fire?

e:

Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe

Alpha Kenny Juan posted:

lmao @ the 99s

That aside, why is one 120 dung a sparkle and the other one a fire?

e:

When you go into "miscellaneous options" to set this up, you choose which symbols you want used. Personally I chose stars, but I don't have any skills that meet the conditions yet..

Augster
Aug 5, 2011

I picked sparkles for 120s and a skull for 200mils, to remind me that if that ever happens I deserve death.

Waltchelg
Jan 21, 2009

I sure haven't done a lot since maxing. Not even 120 fishing yet... It's pretty shameful.

e: While looking back at the game I see they added prif fishing. I guess it's time to finish the grind.

Waltchelg fucked around with this message at 02:29 on Oct 6, 2015

corn on the cop
Oct 12, 2012

Break what must be broken, once for all, that's all, and take the suffering on oneself.

รขย€ย• Corey Dostoyevsky
excuse me but i can clearly see that your dung is incomplete

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

Is leveling easier in the new RS? You all seem to have insane stats.

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

because they are insane people

Alpha Kenny Juan
Apr 11, 2007

Babe Magnet posted:

because they are insane people

:agreed:

99 CENTS AMIGO
Jul 22, 2007
That, and it definitely is easier. Gradually, most skills have just been given more alternatives for training, and in some cases methods that are good xp and very passive. The new elf city has a bunch of skill locations designed to make the 90+ crawl better.

Some stuff still sucks, though. Like runecrafting.

Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe

Phlegmish posted:

Is leveling easier in the new RS? You all seem to have insane stats.

I've used the same account for over 14 years, you just end up having high level stats over a long enough time.

99 CENTS AMIGO posted:

That, and it definitely is easier. Gradually, most skills have just been given more alternatives for training, and in some cases methods that are good xp and very passive. The new elf city has a bunch of skill locations designed to make the 90+ crawl better.

Some stuff still sucks, though. Like runecrafting.

Yeah the sole reason I have over 90 thieving is that elf city thieving means you can do 300k plus thieving xp an hour and get about 750k coins per hour at the same time, mostly afk.

Alpha Kenny Juan
Apr 11, 2007

Someone mentioned clues, now I feel like doing a clue. Thanks jerk.

last logged in 122 days ago.

Huh, cutscene. Vorago with BURNING SPIRIT.

Purple Rain Man
Aug 17, 2010

Purple Rain Man posted:

Hey AMIGO here is my timecard for the week, I am not sure I will catch you online before reset tonight! thanks! -Psilocybe

I have a busy week this week so I'm just gonna post my cap now as it's unlikely I will see you (this pic is for the build tick in 3D 21H 10M)

Thanks Flex/AMIGO

-Psilocybe

Purple Rain Man
Aug 17, 2010
By the way I just want to post my gratitude to those who make the citadel payments possible with what I assume are donations to the clan! Since I am not obscenely wealthy they have really been making things easier for me this summer as I try to pay my membership with bonds. Thank you so much for your generosity!
-Psilocybe

Magres
Jul 14, 2011
why are you signing your posts

please stop

SeaGoatSupreme
Dec 26, 2009

Magres posted:

please stop

-Magres

Alpha Kenny Juan
Apr 11, 2007

Magres posted:

please stop

~Magres~

taiyoko
Jan 10, 2008

So I'm needing a break from minecraft and decided to come back to runescape. (225 days since last log on.) Problem being that I am like 5m short of a bond and the idea of superheating rune bars for 5 mil (when at mid price for everything, profit per bar is ~500 gp). And of course you can't sell members items on the exchange as a free player.

Is there any goon help and/or advice on getting back to members, and then what the gently caress to do to keep myself in bonds (that isn't bossing because I am godawful at bossing)?

Thanks!

Magres
Jul 14, 2011

lmao

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Purple Rain Man
Aug 17, 2010
TO: GoonScape thread

My apologies for any inappropriate forum etiquette, I do not spend much time here