Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

Sakurazuka posted:

Telltale are never going to do anything that isn't a licensed choose-your-own-adventure but with only one ending ever again.

yeah I know :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

I'm the quick and the deadly
I'm still boycotting them for not hiring Bruce to voice Ash

Sleeveless
Dec 25, 2014

by Pragmatica

Broseph Brostar posted:

This, only Tycho not being voiced by the actual writer for the comic strip.

Love Stole the Day
Nov 4, 2012
Please give me free quality professional advice so I can be a baby about it and insult you

Mr E posted:

everyone should buy sam and max so telltale makes more.

They should really do Star Trek TNG next

edit--

Sakurazuka posted:

Telltale are never going to do anything that isn't a licensed choose-your-own-adventure but with only one ending ever again.

to be fair, all of the places where you can fail and die or otherwise lose the game are also endings

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

Love Stole the Day posted:

I really like the sound of that. Is the sam&max series worth buying? Or wait until 60% or whatever first in a Steam sale?

I'd say wait for a Steam sale because they're old enough at this point that you can probably get them for the change in your couch during a sale.

Season 1 is so-so because it was made back when Telltale was still making licensed CSI games and is pretty low-budget, but it's worth toughing it out for season 2 and 3 which have a lot more effort behind them.

Sleeveless posted:

This, only Tycho not being voiced by the actual writer for the comic strip.

The winning move there would be to not have a lovely character from a lovely webcomic to begin with.

Fortunately Poker Night 2 exists so there's absolutely no reason to play Poker Night 1.

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

Brightman posted:

Ubisoft is doing some sorta stream teaser that's been going on for like over 4 hours now. Just slowly zooming out from a cave painting.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eAQmt-60nUY

Could be anything, might be prehistoric Far Cry, Assassin's Creed going way the gently caress back, or something new. So far it's just been slow and boring though.

Edit: There's also this tweet showing off some parts that aren't shown on the stream yet, and a part that's partially visible now: https://twitter.com/UbisoftCH/status/651110201379135488/video/1

Edit2: It's far cry

What are the chances that Farcry Primal is the Turok game that we always wanted?

I mean if you can hunt yetis in Farcry 4 I can't imagine them skipping out on Dinosaurs. Sofar everything is ICe Age beasts which isn't bad either, but they must do the Anisodon which was the Ice Age Gorilla Horse(yes the gorilla horse was something that actually existed)

The Taint Reaper fucked around with this message at 02:42 on Oct 6, 2015

Bleusilences
Jun 23, 2004

Be careful for what you wish for.

BC: BC again!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aisRonTCNCc

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Mr E posted:

everyone should buy sam and max so telltale makes more.

:agreed:

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

The Walrus posted:

THPS 3, 4, UG1, 2, SSX Tricky, 3, Burnout 1, 2

Which should I sink my teeth into first

I played thps 4, ug 2, tricky and burnout 3 a lot as a kid

edit: why does thug look so much shittier than thps 4

skate

Discount Viscount
Jul 9, 2010

FIND THE FISH!

raditts posted:

Season 1 is so-so because it was made back when Telltale was still making licensed CSI games and is pretty low-budget, but it's worth toughing it out for season 2 and 3 which have a lot more effort behind them.

Season 1 does feel a tad bare compared to the sequels but it still has a ton of great jokes and moments (the War song, for one). I still have to play through Devil's Playhouse, started the first episode several months back but then didn't keep going for some reason. They throw a lot of new stuff at you right from the start in that one, so I'm excited to play through it. I think what's holding me back is realizing there's no more new-to-me Sam & Max left after that, except for most of the Fox Kids cartoon.

Nasgate
Jun 7, 2011
Don't play telltale games because the old cyoa goosebump books are still better writing and have more interaction. hth.

Nasgate fucked around with this message at 05:34 on Oct 6, 2015

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
I had a crazy, classic life
Exciting Lemon
Sam and Max have better lefting though, you have to admit.

Nasgate
Jun 7, 2011

bloodychill posted:

Sam and Max have better lefting though, you have to admit.

:argh: Google!!

IPlayVideoGames
Nov 28, 2004

I unironically like Anders as a character.
It's been a while since I played season 1, but I remember Abe Lincoln Must Die! being my favorite.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Sakurazuka posted:

The Jurassic Park game was the most I've ever felt ripped off by a game. I was like "Hooray, a point and click with dinosaurs and all my favorite characters" and then I played it.

Broseph Brostar posted:

Yeah, that was bullshit.

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Tycho is a living legend.

Mak0rz
Aug 2, 2008

😎🐗🚬

Poker Night is seriously up there for one of the most bizarre videogame ideas I've ever seen. I imagine someone at Telltale pitching it: "Okay you know how Nintendo and Capcom like to make fighting games with crossover characters from multiple franchises?

Well imagine that... But with poker!"

Assepoester
Jul 18, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Melman v2
PC Gaming

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lq0OipcEofw

Great Joe
Aug 13, 2008

Mak0rz posted:

Poker Night is seriously up there for one of the most bizarre videogame ideas I've ever seen. I imagine someone at Telltale pitching it: "Okay you know how Nintendo and Capcom like to make fighting games with crossover characters from multiple franchises?

"Let's take a game that largely revolves around reading peoples' expressions and put expressive characters in it." doesn't really sound all that crazy.

edit: I'd play a game about being in the coast guard. During the Cod Wars. :iceland:

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

Ekster posted:

I haven't played it yet either but from what I've heard so far it's just like every other MGS game. Great gameplay, batshit insane storyline that doesn't quite work.

Notable exception is MGS3 which had just the right amount of Kojima insanity.

MGS5 gameplay is by far the best the series has ever been. As a game, it's the best MGS no questions asked.

As a story, it is really clearly incomplete but it's not a big deal honestly. It was already "unnecessary" from a total story standpoint, we didn't really need a third prequel game.

Love Stole the Day
Nov 4, 2012
Please give me free quality professional advice so I can be a baby about it and insult you

I watched this muted and it looked alright. Then I went back and turned the volume on and I couldn't stop laughing at the voice acting.

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

deadlyrhetoric posted:

i just played through the Mass Effect trilogy and holy moly! the ending to 3 was so bad! the whole game had terrible writing. it was soulless and contrived.
People blame the ending but ME3 was worse than ME2 far before you get there what a dissapointment

Ekster
Jul 18, 2013

The Citadel DLC is the best part of the entire ME series, but ME2 is still the best overall.

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

Ekster posted:

The Citadel DLC is the best part of the entire ME series, but ME2 is still the best overall.

I never bought any DLC for ME3 because I'm not rewarding that poo poo with more money

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

Mak0rz posted:

Where the gently caress is poker night 3, anyway? That game cannot be that exppensive to make. Let me play against Rick

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gE6zS6Z9FGQ

Okay so this game looks pretty rad, it's like Valkyrie Profile made by the Skullgirls team.

E: Oh there's a prototype for it in the indiegogo page. I'll have to try it later
https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/indivisible-an-rpg-by-lab-zero-and-505-games#/

Golden Goat fucked around with this message at 13:01 on Oct 6, 2015

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

I'm glad there's now two not-Valkyrie Profile projects in the works.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
if you haven't played ME3: Citadel out of some misguided attempt to conciliate your contempt of an incoherent storyline with the ethos and lore of a Universe made up of ones and zeroes written by failed fanfiction authors then you are a dumb poopy head

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
I enjoyed the Citadel DLC a lot but I also had no idea what it was ahead of time so I stupidly wound up going through it in the middle of the game. Felt like I would have enjoyed it a lot more if I had done it after beating the main game.

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

precision posted:

if you haven't played ME3: Citadel out of some misguided attempt to conciliate your contempt of an incoherent storyline with the ethos and lore of a Universe made up of ones and zeroes written by failed fanfiction authors then you are a dumb poopy head

I haven't played it cuz I'm not spending more money on a bad game I did not like, not out of any sort of spite. I would rather spend money on things I do like

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Nate RFB posted:

I enjoyed the Citadel DLC a lot but I also had no idea what it was ahead of time so I stupidly wound up going through it in the middle of the game. Felt like I would have enjoyed it a lot more if I had done it after beating the main game.

Yeah IIRC a lot of the dialogue won't even happen if you do it before certain story events. I think.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

THE AWESOME GHOST posted:

I haven't played it cuz I'm not spending more money on a bad game I did not like, not out of any sort of spite. I would rather spend money on things I do like

Let me blow your mind here: you might like Citadel

Seriously even the most angry ME3 haters on here admitted "Yeah, Citadel was the ending the series deserved"

Also, Mass Effect: Andromeda is gonna loving own and haters vacate

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

Me3 is... Good till the last eighth

knockout
Apr 27, 2014

my reputation's never been worse, so
ME3 was disappointing throughout:

Why does Ashley look so different?

The whole thing with the little brat in the air duct is stupid and the nightmare sequences were soooooo much looooonnnggggger than they needed to be.

Eve and Wreav were both missed opportunities: the former would've made a great party member (except for her fatal illness but w/e, could've been curable); Wreav is comically pugnacious, when I think they were going for sinister?

The Batarians lose their homeworld and you only find out in a handful of lines of dialogue. No cutscene, no party member is affected by it, and the whole in-game universe is not affected at all by the eradication of most of an entire race.

You really expect me to believe that a massive sand worm can kill a Reaper in a 1:30 cutscene but it takes the Normandy and the entire Quarian fleet several salvos of explosive, ballistic munitions to bring one down, while hitting it in its "weak spot"?

Bummed about Mordin.

The Illusive Man spends 95% of his screen-time saying the same exact things and Kai Leng is corny.

The DXHR color-coded endings were boring because they ultimately both effect the same ending for the most part.

You can't tell me that the Elcor ride into battle with back-mounted cannons and then not show me!

Etc.

Ekster
Jul 18, 2013

Well the Batarians are actually Indians caste loving slavers so who cares right?

Cyron
Mar 10, 2014

by zen death robot

Ekster posted:

Well the Batarians are actually Indians caste loving slavers so who cares right?

pretty mush, their a race of assholes who use slavery as a culture defense. them dying is great.

Ekster
Jul 18, 2013

Cyron posted:

pretty mush, their a race of assholes who use slavery as a culture defense. them dying is great.

Funniest part is that every single Batarian AFAIK was complete scum up until ME3 where you meet a Batarian in the lobby who seems like a decent person. Even real life countries that actually do that poo poo have a ton of people in it who are as disgusted by it as everyone else generally.

Bioware is racist against Batarians is what I'm saying.

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

cant wait for mass effect: multiplayer mode 2

Instant Sunrise
Apr 12, 2007

The manger babies don't have feelings. You said it yourself.
It's too bad that Bioware didn't have the guts to stick with the original design for the Batarians:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

program666
Aug 22, 2013

A giant carnivorous dinosaur
* people trying to be good conscious consumers *
Precision: what a bunch of dumb retards

• Locked thread