Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
LastGoodBoy
Sep 7, 2014

Keep your mind be open window everyday
At least one entrance wasn't guarded by a wimp brigade. Still think we need a better way to get in.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stentorian Hoot
Jun 14, 2001

Couldn't get it up...
I could use an invite @prawnbait

Turns out I'm still a member of Jute Suit Riot, are they even a thing anymore?

LastGoodBoy
Sep 7, 2014

Ugh, some loving people...

We're in a group of 12 in the sewers, killing loving everything, when we see two blueberries. Crown starts yelling at everyone "Ignore dem. Dey tryin' ta bait ya'll. Focus on da portal." This ends in two blue almost slaughtering us all, and the crown bitching that they killed us because we didn't listen and they "baited" us.

Two blue.

Killing 12 red.

Nulity
Sep 26, 2010
1. Build hickory inferno staff to celebrate reaching lv36
2. deconstruct old green level staff for extra pitch so i now have 3 pitch and 90% success rate for a green item and also enough for 90% to upgrade to a blue item
3. fail upgrade at 90%, my new staff blows up
4. i make another lv34 beech staff to replace the one i deconstructed because i dont have enough hickory
5. i can't upgrade it because i have no pitch so i've effectively downgraded in weapon damage
6. alt+f4 ragequit erryday

Nulity fucked around with this message at 05:00 on Oct 5, 2015

tgidieday
May 7, 2007
You can't kill me, I quit!

Nulity posted:

hickory inferno staff

Sent.

Nulity
Sep 26, 2010

I love you :) thanks

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

http://www.elderscrollsonline.com/en-us/news/post/2015/10/05/orsinium-launch-details-and-new-video

Hooooly poo poo. I didn't think they'd push it out so early

E: gently caress YESSS. CROSS FACTION DUNGEONS

gently caress.

YESSSSSS.

Synthwave Crusader fucked around with this message at 15:11 on Oct 5, 2015

radintorov
Feb 18, 2011
For some reason that link doesn't work for me.
Just in case, here's a link to the official trailer.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y4LP4EDN99c

Edit:
and now it works. Sweet.

radintorov fucked around with this message at 16:19 on Oct 5, 2015

NeurosisHead
Jul 22, 2007

NONONONONONONONONO

Scyantific posted:

http://www.elderscrollsonline.com/en-us/news/post/2015/10/05/orsinium-launch-details-and-new-video

Hooooly poo poo. I didn't think they'd push it out so early

E: gently caress YESSS. CROSS FACTION DUNGEONS

gently caress.

YESSSSSS.

Hopefully people will start using the groupfinder tool, but this is fantastic news and exactly the reason I needed to come back to this game.

tgidieday
May 7, 2007

Scyantific posted:

Shield Dyeing

Game of the year.

Aramek
Dec 22, 2007

Cutest tumor in all of Oncology!

tgidieday posted:

Game of the year.

Not even kidding how excited this makes me.

Berke Negri
Feb 15, 2012

Les Ricains tuent et moi je mue
Mao Mao
Les fous sont rois et moi je bois
Mao Mao
Les bombes tonnent et moi je sonne
Mao Mao
Les bebes fuient et moi je fuis
Mao Mao

That sounds like a whole bunch of good stuff. Also was really not expecting Orsinium to be out so soon after Imperial City, but I imagine most of the work was already done on it since they've been working on it forever.

Aramek
Dec 22, 2007

I was hoping this meant I wouldn't have to buy the Imperial City dlc, but, oh well. Scaling dungeons and stuff.

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

Starting a fundraiser to get Ara a 12 month sub for eso.

PM me with donation amounts.

strategery
Apr 21, 2004
I come to you baring a gift. Its in my diper and its not a toaster.
I really would love ESO if it didnt hard crash on me every 5 minutes. Anyone else have issues with random crashing? I cant play for an hour without the game crashing to the desktop. I am usually literally jsut walking around when it happens. If it were not for that, i would play the game all the time.

Half of me wants to just buy it on ps4 to work around this issue. I only spent 15 bucks on the pc version. but I have spent close to 30-35 hours on my character on PC.

strategery fucked around with this message at 17:04 on Oct 5, 2015

Berke Negri
Feb 15, 2012

Mao Mao
Mao Mao
Mao Mao
Mao Mao

Now they just need to put a barbershop into the game so I can get rid of the mohawk my main has been sporting since around New Years.

LastGoodBoy
Sep 7, 2014

Don't use shields. Call me back when they add full weapon dyeing.

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

ESO dev team streaming Orsinium on their twitch.

twitch.tv/ZenimaxOnlineStudios

tgidieday
May 7, 2007

strategery posted:

hard crash

Is it any particular place or just everywhere? I had a hard crash that happened on certain quests, and it was audio related.

Aramek posted:

Not even kidding how excited this makes me.

I wasn't either. :(

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

By order of the Scum-Watcher and Arch-Lizard, all Goons must paint their shields pink and purple.

tgidieday
May 7, 2007
I think they should turn champ points over the cap into crowns. Then all the scrubs could complain about being killed by pumpkin dudes on zombie horses.

Berke Negri
Feb 15, 2012

Mao Mao
Mao Mao
Mao Mao
Mao Mao

What's the story on champ points cap?

tgidieday
May 7, 2007

Scyantific posted:

Champion Point cap & catch-up system

There's been two official statements, and this is the most detailed one. Oh, and "the majority of players will not be affected". I would guess the median champ point level is zero, so no information there either.

I assume whatever the cap is, it'll be lower than what I have, and any sense of progression or the "at least I'm getting champ points" of playing with non-v16s will be gone. My only comfort is that the PvP whiners will quickly discover they're being killed not because of champ points, but because their opponents practice for 16 hours a day.

strategery
Apr 21, 2004
I come to you baring a gift. Its in my diper and its not a toaster.

tgidieday posted:

Is it any particular place or just everywhere? I had a hard crash that happened on certain quests, and it was audio related.

I wasn't either. :(

It happens in grahtwood mainly it seems. I have WIN 8.1 and a radeon 6950. I dont know if it is video card related or not. The error doesnt really say much. It crashes with such frequency that a crash is usually the reason i stop playing it for a session. I can only think of a few times i intentionally logged out and closed the program.

strategery fucked around with this message at 19:48 on Oct 5, 2015

Aramek
Dec 22, 2007

Scyantific posted:

By order of the Scum-Watcher and Arch-Lizard, all Goons must paint their shields pink and purple.

It'll match our lovely crab tabard that I wear.

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

ZoS announced a CP cap last week that's coming with Orsinium, as well as a catch up mechanism.

How it's going to work is up for speculation.

The other thing is that if you're above the cap, you can still earn CP, but you won't be able to use them until the cap is raised.

Synthwave Crusader fucked around with this message at 19:48 on Oct 5, 2015

tgidieday
May 7, 2007

strategery posted:

It happens in grahtwood mainly it seems. I have WIN 8.1 and a radeon 6950. I dont know if it is video card related or not. The error doesnt really say much. It crashes with such frequency that a crash is usually the reason i stop playing it for a session. I can only think of a few times i intentionally logged out and closed the program.

Hey, AD buddy! The problem I had was with the school for meanies in Auridon, and it went away by setting the sampling rate to 48kHz in the audio driver.

Sogol
Apr 11, 2013

Galileo's Finger
How do we get the tabard?

E: I will work to get a Sorc (EP khajit, Stam AoE atm) and a Templar (DC Imperial can be specced healer or Stam, currently a lot of points in crafting) up to 40 for the shenanigans. Templar is 32, Sorc is 26. I have a 32 EP Dunmer Sorc, but I don't like him much.

Sogol fucked around with this message at 20:33 on Oct 5, 2015

Aramek
Dec 22, 2007

Not exactly hidden, just not intuitive. At your bank, I think you click on Guild Store, as opposed to Guild Bank, and one of the things available to buy is the tabard.

It's the same way you can sell items you find to the guild mates as well.

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

:siren:First Champion Point Cap will be 501 points:siren:

This means that you will be able to allocate 167 champion points per tree maximum

Additional changes to the system included decreased exp requirements and increased champion exp gain if you are below the cap, and reduced champion exp gains if you are above the cap.

So if you're below the cap, it's best to wait and build up full enlightenment the week before Orsinium drops and then blow it all during launch week.

Sky Shadowing
Feb 13, 2012

At least we're not the Thalmor (yet)

Scyantific posted:

I didn't agree to this! :colbert:

(but yes).

tgidieday
May 7, 2007

Scyantific posted:

Champion Point Cap will be 501 points

So dawn goes down to day, nothing fun can stay. 501 probably sounds like a lot, but that averages two per day from 1.6.5 to Orsinium, or in other words, half a veteran rank per day. Hopefully they'll continue increasing the cap by two every day after launch, otherwise people are going to hit it pretty quick.

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/222124/pts-patch-notes-v2-2-0

PTS notes for Orsinium

NeurosisHead
Jul 22, 2007

NONONONONONONONONO
Where's the best best place to find updated crafting set information? It looks like Deltia's and fextralife are both outdated.

tgidieday
May 7, 2007
A note to you adjudicator cowards, you can kill it with two.

Sogol
Apr 11, 2013

Galileo's Finger

Scyantific posted:

:siren:First Champion Point Cap will be 501 points:siren:

This means that you will be able to allocate 167 champion points per tree maximum

Additional changes to the system included decreased exp requirements and increased champion exp gain if you are below the cap, and reduced champion exp gains if you are above the cap.

So if you're below the cap, it's best to wait and build up full enlightenment the week before Orsinium drops and then blow it all during launch week.

So I need to shoot for having at least on VR1 char by a week before the Update? When is the update?

LastGoodBoy
Sep 7, 2014

Ugh. Why must they cap everything?

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

Sogol posted:

So I need to shoot for having at least on VR1 char by a week before the Update? When is the update?

Update is November 2nd

Rough Lobster
May 27, 2009

Don't be such a squid, bro

Scyantific posted:

Update is November 2nd

drat that looks great. Also finally, Akaviri style. Ancient Off sounds neat too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aramek
Dec 22, 2007

Akaviri is so cool, I hope it looks good in this game.

Samurai Argonian with a dyed shield. Hell yeah.

• Locked thread