Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
KamikazeJim
Sep 15, 2006

oh fuck are you seeing this bomb man. ARE YOU SEEING THIS?

I knew I'd find them. I'll get the issues I have scanned and posted in the coming days as I have time.

Three issues with two variant covers each.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crain
Jun 27, 2007

I had a beer once with Stephen Miller and now I like him.

I also tried to ban someone from a Discord for pointing out what an unrelenting shithead I am! I'm even dumb enough to think it worked!

duz posted:

It's very real

gently caress.

Also once again we see conservatives blind copying something popular and, instead of trying to understand why it was popular or good, just slathering on talking points with no sense of nuance.

It's like the comic version of "Christian pop plagiarism music".

Too Shy Guy
Jun 14, 2003

I have destroyed more of your kind than I can count.

Monkey Fracas posted:

Maybe I'm having a bad day or something but this kind of makes me want to die

It's not just you, I'm having a perfectly swell day and it kind of makes me want to die.

How are u
May 19, 2005

by Azathoth

KamikazeJim posted:

I knew I'd find them. I'll get the issues I have scanned and posted in the coming days as I have time.

Oh this should be a wonderful departure from the normal poo poo we see in this thread every day :allears:

Crain
Jun 27, 2007

I had a beer once with Stephen Miller and now I like him.

I also tried to ban someone from a Discord for pointing out what an unrelenting shithead I am! I'm even dumb enough to think it worked!
Actually this reminds me. Didn't/don't we have a thread about how conservatives try to co-opt pop culture and consistently fail to do so?

Was that in D&D or was it somewhere else?

Or am I remembering a long dead thread?

Lysdexique
Sep 12, 2010

Let me give you some advice, little buddy.

duz posted:

It's very real

Jokes and Biting commentary, the enemies of all conservatives

Duplication sounds right up their alley though, since they are masters at parroting talking points

toanoradian
May 31, 2011

The happiest waffligator
How is Sarah Palin going to defeat List of Jokes?

Wildeyes
Nov 3, 2011

You're loving kidding me, right?

Of course he turns a scene about recovering from a near-fatal collision into another tit show.

KamikazeJim posted:

Please and thank you!

Wildeyes fucked around with this message at 17:00 on Oct 6, 2015

RoyKeen
Jul 24, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Wildeyes posted:

You're loving kidding me, right?

Of course he turns a scene about recovering from a near-fatal collision into another tit show.
Why doesn't she wear a bra?* That's the biggest question to me. Plus, Zed and Sam seem like preppers. They'd have a first aid kit or a go bag or some paracord bracelet or spare 2 or 3 point sling for their AR that could work. I'm losing faith in Zed as an UberOps.
Didn't they forget a gun or magazine in the trunk once?

*I know this is a pointless question.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

The Ape of Naples posted:

Why doesn't she wear a bra?

The artist has no idea how boobs work.

Pander
Oct 9, 2007

Fear is the glue that holds society together. It's what makes people suppress their worst impulses. Fear is power.

And at the end of fear, oblivion.

Iron Crowned posted:

The artist has no idea how boobs work.

Sure he does. they're like bags of sand.

Lysdexique
Sep 12, 2010

Let me give you some advice, little buddy.

toanoradian posted:

How is Sarah Palin going to defeat List of Jokes?

With her super power: "Handwritten" Republican Platitudes

Why doesn't she wear a bra?* That's the biggest question to me. Plus, Zed and Sam seem like preppers. They'd have a first aid kit or a go bag or some paracord bracelet or spare 2 or 3 point sling for their AR that could work. I'm losing faith in Zed as an UberOps.
Didn't they forget a gun or magazine in the trunk once?

*I know this is a pointless question.

You've put more thought into this than Chris Muir ever did or ever will

Lysdexique fucked around with this message at 17:30 on Oct 6, 2015

ComradeCosmobot
Dec 4, 2004

USPOL July

duz posted:

It's ok, I had them because I find political comics hilarious.

Speaking of political comics, this reminds me of one I ran into a few years ago (sorry for the lovely, blurry shots)

Fox Ironic
Jul 19, 2012

by exmarx

Pander posted:

Sure he does. they're like bags of sand.

Muir definitely strikes me as one of those virginal incel types.

Kakairo
Dec 5, 2005

In case of emergency, my ass can be used as a flotation device.

ComradeCosmobot posted:

Speaking of political comics, this reminds me of one I ran into a few years ago (sorry for the lovely, blurry shots)

Like, wow! Zoinks!

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

KamikazeJim posted:

This is beautiful and you should cross-post to BSS, they'll love it.

SexyBlindfold
Apr 24, 2008
i dont care how much probation i get capital letters are for squares hehe im so laid back an nice please read my low effort shitposts about the arab spring

thanxs!!!
Whenever I read (or more often, skim) through a DbD, I can only recall his profile stub from that lovely PUA sunday cartoon strip he attempted once. "And ladies, he's single".

there wolf
Jan 11, 2015

by Fluffdaddy

Why doesn't she wear a bra?*

Why doesn't she have bruising on her chest from the seat belt? Was she not wearing a seat belt? The car flipped end-over-end so why isn't she seriously hurt from being shaken around like dice in a cup? Why didn't she go flying out the windshield if she braked so hard it flipped the car?

RoyKeen
Jul 24, 2007

Grimey Drawer

there wolf posted:

Why doesn't she have bruising on her chest from the seat belt? Was she not wearing a seat belt? The car flipped end-over-end so why isn't she seriously hurt from being shaken around like dice in a cup? Why didn't she go flying out the windshield if she braked so hard it flipped the car?

I guess the real question is: "Why aren't they dead?" They'd die in such a crash with car like that despite what Muir (or my mom) would say.

betaraywil
Dec 30, 2006

Gather the wind
Though the wind won't help you fly at all

I guess the real question is: "Why aren't they dead?" They'd die in such a crash with car like that despite what Muir (or my mom) would say.

Because that kid is still out there, and Zeke is too much of a man to lay down and die until he's had his revenge.

duz
Jul 11, 2005

Come on Ilhan, lets go bag us a shitpost

ComradeCosmobot posted:

Yeah, Bluewater has done a ton of biographical comics, the Political Power ones can be pretty amusing. They even have one for Bo Obama, I'll have to see if I have that one laying around.

Davethulhu
Aug 12, 2003

Morbid Hound

Monkey Fracas posted:

Maybe I'm having a bad day or something but this kind of makes me want to die

We all wanna die, we're meeseekspolititoon thread readers.

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

Apple Pie Hubbub posted:

I came across this old Branco I don't remember seeing before:

Says Branco, who is an imbecile who can't draw political cartoons for poo poo and wouldn't have a job if it weren't for wingnut welfare syndication.

Xenoveritas
May 9, 2010
Dinosaur Gum

Don't forget, Waifu installed a roll cage. Everyone knows a roll cage provides immunity to rollovers, so they'd be just fine with only minor injuries.

Wistful of Dollars
Aug 25, 2009

ComradeCosmobot posted:

I can't be the only one who sees something so perfect in this being held up in front of a copy of Maus.

Saint Sputnik
Apr 1, 2007

Tyrannosaurs in P-51 Volkswagens!
I suddenly want to see Art Spiegelman pull some strings to get Ted Rall a new job just to kill him with kindness.

itskage
Aug 26, 2003

They should have done Sarah Palin and the infinite sadness.

MinionOfCthulhu
Oct 28, 2005

I got this title for free due to my proximity to an idiot who wanted to save $5 on an avatar by having someone else spend $9.95 instead.

ComradeCosmobot posted:

He made the cover look like the Three Moon Wolf shirt on purpose right.

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

^drat it.

Ibogaine
Aug 11, 2015

El Scotch posted:

I can't be the only one who sees something so perfect in this being held up in front of a copy of Maus.

No, you are right. This is so beautiful, it brings a tear to my eye.

Ibogaine
Aug 11, 2015

Saint Sputnik posted:

I suddenly want to see Art Spiegelman pull some strings to get Ted Rall a new job just to kill him with kindness.

I just read up on that story, and it boggles my mind how a talentless hack like Ted Rall came to the conclusion that he is in the position to criticize Spiegelman. I think his lack of self awareness is even greater than his lack of artistic merit.

But why should I tell you that he is an idiot. Let me just post one of his cartoons on the subject:

Edit: In the light of recent events: "Get a job", indeed! Tee-hee!

Ibogaine fucked around with this message at 19:50 on Oct 6, 2015

walgreenslatino
Jun 2, 2015

Lipstick Apathy

"Get a job" lmao how's that working out for you

there wolf
Jan 11, 2015

by Fluffdaddy

But the windshield didn't break! You how sometimes really drunk people can survive falling multiple stories with little injury because they don't brace against the impact? I've decided that's what happened here. Sam and Zedd were plastered which is why she was driving on the wrong side of the road to begin with, and why she didn't see that kid till she was on top of him despite being in a place so flat and empty you can see for miles in all directions. The same drunken state that lead them to flip the car kept their bodies relaxed enough that they weren't mashed into a pulp by the accident. Really there's nothing about Sam or Zedd's behavior that can't be explained by assuming they're a pair of drunks. Look at their progression from stable white collar jobs to living in a shack on a family member's property, and their poor financial state beleaguered by large impulse purchases and flimsy business schemes. It's why the children are constantly in and out of the picture, existing only as long as their wasted parents care to remember they are there, and lately always with babies because they've had to take over as caregivers because the adults around them can't. Sky, Damien, blow-job Russian, etc. are all just Zedd and Sam's wastrel friends that spurn responsibility and enable their addiction, while various the benefactors of the group like Portugo are just normal people who can be guilted into sending a little cash every once in a while. Zedd's dad actually cut all ties with his son over his addiction, but accepted him back because he couldn't stand the idea of his child, and especially his grand children being homeless. The long rides around the property was his attempt to dry his son out, and it worked for a little while until the rest of the leeches showed up on their doorstep and plunged Zedd into anther crazy scheme to build, of course, a bar.

colonel_korn
May 16, 2003

1 hahahaha
2 the falsest equivalency
3 AF Branco literally believes that Planned Parenthood is a money laundering front for the DNC
4 Eric Allie covers Michael Ramirez' Greatest Hits
9 what

Ibogaine
Aug 11, 2015

walgreenslatino posted:

"Get a job" lmao how's that working out for you

Heh. Just added a similar sentiment to the post as you were writing this. God, I try to be a good person and not give in to Schadenfreude, but Ted Rall really makes it difficult for me not to wish him the worst.

fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012

I can't believe Rand Paul is loving dead.

Dazzling Addar
Mar 27, 2010

He may have a funny face, but he's THE BEST KONG

Oof. This one stings a little.

walgreenslatino
Jun 2, 2015

Lipstick Apathy

finally this long-foretold masterpiece is reality

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

...but then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you!
Grimey Drawer

walgreenslatino posted:

finally this long-foretold masterpiece is reality

That Obama sure looked like a dope standing there in a flightsuit in front of a MISSION ACCOMPLISHED banner

what kind of an idiot would do that? definitely Obama that's who

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr. Stab
Sep 12, 2010
👨🏻‍⚕️🩺🔪🙀😱🙀

Iraq and Afghanistan are the only things keeping hope alive?

• Locked thread