Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Jackard
Oct 28, 2007

We Have A Bow And We Wish To Use It
MY STUFF IN BOXES
SWALLOW SADNESS
TURN INTO A JET
FLY INTO THE DAM
NOW HE'S DEAD

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lord_Ventnor
Mar 30, 2010

The Worldwide Deadly Gangster Communist President

Flesh Forge posted:

How else could you set up the inevitable lesbian webcomic romance?

A love letter?

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

LET ME TELL YOU ABOUT MY DOG
I dunno, if that's where he's going (and I honestly think it is) then this is a reasonable way to set it up :shrug:

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

New page, banal yakking

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!

Did I oversleep and skip Monday?

Jackard
Oct 28, 2007

Just the strip from Friday.

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!
Oh dear, I just realized that the artist is in charge of comment moderation, not the web guy.

:v:

ManlyGrunting
May 29, 2014
Doesn't Paladin own Templar now though? Like Allison made Patrick sell his shares to her after she WoG'd him and threw the mug at him? I guess Allison gets to be the bearer of good news for once (assuming Paladin doesn't have things blow up in her face at some point, which I'm still hedging my bets on).

Jackard
Oct 28, 2007

But then Al would have to reveal that she was working with Menace all along.

If Paladin's hate for Templar isn't overwhelming, could be interesting seeing another insider on the main plot

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

Hey remember that guy that you, a black woman, are literally indentured to, yeah he's my boyfriend

AWKWARD

Jackard
Oct 28, 2007

:laffo: if she does admit it and gets the door shut in her face

Otherkinsey Scale
Jul 17, 2012

Just a little bit of sunshine!

ManlyGrunting posted:

Doesn't Paladin own Templar now though? Like Allison made Patrick sell his shares to her after she WoG'd him and threw the mug at him? I guess Allison gets to be the bearer of good news for once (assuming Paladin doesn't have things blow up in her face at some point, which I'm still hedging my bets on).

I think she demanded he do that after the two year grace period. Probably should have added "let her out of her contracts effectively immediately".

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

For Patrick to assume "continue to squeeze Robot Leg Lady for two more years THEN let her out of her contracts because Allison didn't specify" would be pretty amazingly lovely but I don't even know any more :shrug:

Scratching my head as to why Mulligan didn't end the chapter after the dam scene, it just keeps crawling on.

Flesh Forge fucked around with this message at 05:07 on Oct 6, 2015

GodFish
Oct 10, 2012

We're your first, last, and only line of defense. We live in secret. We exist in shadow.

And we dress in black.
Presumably he still needs his stock in Templar to find out who is behind the thing. Which is why he is getting 2 years anyway, so that seems like the reasonable way to take the statement. (So it'll probably have been meant in the exact opposite way)

Rei_
May 16, 2004

The difference between confinement and rest is a shift in perspective

Toshimo posted:

Oh dear, I just realized that the artist is in charge of comment moderation, not the web guy.

:v:

A dude writes a comic about feminism, and leaves a woman to deal with the shitheads in the comments :shrug:

ElMaligno
Dec 31, 2004

Be Gay!
Do Crime!

Why is there a thread for this webcomic but none for kill six billion demons?

(i will make one tomorrow if no one does)

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Vote shit sandwich or the shit sandwich gets it!
New page, and I'm wondering something. IANAL but can't she just not patent her inventions? If they're not patented they're free for everyone to use as they see fit.

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

Mikl posted:

New page, and I'm wondering something. IANAL but can't she just not patent her inventions? If they're not patented they're free for everyone to use as they see fit.

I'd think nowadays that this evil company would just try to steal the patent out from under her, then. Regardless of anything else, Paladin is hosed until Allison changes her situation, because that's how this comic operates.

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!

rotinaj posted:

I'd think nowadays that this evil company would just try to steal the patent out from under her, then. Regardless of anything else, Paladin is hosed until Allison changes her situation males things worse, because that's how this comic operates.

Jackard
Oct 28, 2007

Flesh Forge posted:

Scratching my head as to why Mulligan didn't end the chapter after the dam scene, it just keeps crawling on.
This comic has decided to do away with the chapter format for improved readability :)

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

I heard violins when I read this page :allears:

Wittgen
Oct 13, 2012

We have decided to decline your offer of a butt kicking.

Flesh Forge posted:

I heard violins when I read this page :allears:

It's tough making a fortune off of your work.

And I'm as rah rah anti-corporation as the next guy, but corporations don't buy and suppress game changing patents because they want things to stay the same. Corporations do whatever makes them money.

But, whatever. It's not like she doesn't have options. I say she should start learning Mandarin. And make sure the government knows about it.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

rotinaj posted:

I'd think nowadays that this evil company would just try to steal the patent out from under her, then. Regardless of anything else, Paladin is hosed until Allison changes her situation, because that's how this comic operates.

If she puts a product on the market publically and unpatented then she has prior art claim, right? She might have to go to court against a rival patent attempt but she'd win as long as she was selling the product before her rivals filed.

Alternately, build them, licence the devices out, have them self-destruct if anyone cracks the casing.

MikeJF fucked around with this message at 14:43 on Oct 6, 2015

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Vote shit sandwich or the shit sandwich gets it!
There are literally dozens of ways "by law I'm forced to sell the patents for my inventions to Evil Giant Corporation" could be solved.

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!

Mikl posted:

There are literally dozens of ways "by law I'm forced to sell the patents for my inventions to Evil Giant Corporation" "my roommate asked me to move out of my dorm room" could be solved.

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

Seriously love is in the air, can't you smell it :allears:

Irukandji Syndrome
Dec 26, 2008
"They're going to buy all my patents, making all of my work completely pointless. All of them.

...Which is why I'm going to work twice as hard and completely forego sleep to the point of probably physically breaking down! :sparkles:"

What am I missing here? What motive does she have? "Money", maybe, but it sounds like she doesn't care (and judging by her fancy-dancy everything, she doesn't need money). I can understand wanting to continue to work on your projects regardless, but what is the rationale for working extra hard around the clock if she just said her work is going to amount to absolutely nothing in the long run :psyduck:

Ashcans
Jan 2, 2006

Let's do the space-time warp again!

Well, she's a super-genius, so maybe she is hoping that she can churn out enough insane patents that Templar will have to either start passing them over or making some of them before it runs out of money?

Irukandji Syndrome
Dec 26, 2008

Ashcans posted:

Well, she's a super-genius, so maybe she is hoping that she can churn out enough insane patents that Templar will have to either start passing them over or making some of them before it runs out of money?

That would certainly make more sense, but they're doing a lovely job of explaining that if so. Just like most of the things in this chapter!

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

ManlyGrunting posted:

Doesn't Paladin own Templar now though? Like Allison made Patrick sell his shares to her after she WoG'd him and threw the mug at him?

Please don't bring Dark Souls lingo into the webcomic thread. :psyduck:

Jackard
Oct 28, 2007

Ha ha, so is that what he meant?

:darksouls:

Babysitter Super Sleuth
Apr 26, 2012

my posts are as bad the Current Releases review of Gone Girl

ElMaligno posted:

Why is there a thread for this webcomic but none for kill six billion demons?

(i will make one tomorrow if no one does)

No don't having a thread curses webcomics to shitness, don't you dare risk k6bd

ElMaligno
Dec 31, 2004

Be Gay!
Do Crime!

mr. stefan posted:

No don't having a thread curses webcomics to shitness, don't you dare risk k6bd

Sorry but all webcomics are on an eternal spiral to shitiness and as cool kill 6 billion demons is it will inevitably introduce some element that some random rear end good will find *insert word for bad here* and start disliking it.

Edit: http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3745508

ElMaligno fucked around with this message at 23:21 on Oct 6, 2015

Emrikol
Oct 1, 2015

Toshimo posted:

Allison ... males things worse
I think it would be a shame to let this typo go unappreciated.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
FEEL FREE TO DISREGARD THIS POST

It is guaranteed to be lazy, ignorant, and/or uninformed.
Yeah, I thought Patrick owned Templar. So uh... what?

Also, everyone missing the obvious. Just publish your patents online for free. Duh. She doesn't care about money do that.

Like seriously, " i got the cure for cancer and making the world a better place but this businesses wont let me share my patents"

Templar can't put her in patent jail.

It's the dumbest loving thing.

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

But what if all her patents are poo poo like chainsaw hands and head-mounted flamethrowers :shrug:

Evrart Claire
Jan 11, 2008
Well clearly they're for much more useful things, like suicidal robots.

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

Speaking of suicidal software, the SFP page seems to have done itself in :v:

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe
Well, after the unrelenting awfulness of the story up until now, at least this is just kinda cliche. Maybe we can get a dialogue that doesn't feel like someone saying "LET ME TELL YOU ABOUT MY CHARACTER MOTIVATIONS IN ONE LONG CHUNK". Allison's totally due to talk to someone like a human being.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

*Allison bats her eyes shyly*

Will you be my friend, Robot Leg Lady? :allears:

• Locked thread