Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ferrule
Feb 23, 2007

Yo!
Also, weren't, like, all of the JLA in that ish under some sort of mind-control? So they were "slower" and less like "themselves"?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

Ferrule posted:

Also, weren't, like, all of the JLA in that ish under some sort of mind-control? So they were "slower" and less like "themselves"?

Yeah, Joker-toxin'd

Terrible Horse
Apr 27, 2004
:I

Avulsion posted:

The Superman vs Batman dynamic would work a lot better if Superman was some kind of reverse vampire who got significantly weaker at night.

In the Elseworlds where Batman gets Superman's powers, Nightwing banked on that, hoping the fact that Superbat was waging a non-stop war on crime on the dark side of the Earth would depower him enough that Dick could take him. Nope.

Electric_Mud
May 31, 2011

>10 THRUST "ROBO_COX"
>20 GOTO 10

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:
I always pictured Flash's powers from his perspective to him moving around normally while everyone else moves incredibly slow, so he'd see Slade sloooooooooowly lifting the blade while briskly jogging into it.

hey girl you up
May 21, 2001

Forum Nice Guy

Calaveron posted:

I always pictured Flash's powers from his perspective to him moving around normally while everyone else moves incredibly slow, so he'd see Slade sloooooooooowly lifting the blade while briskly jogging into it.
The Ballad of Barry Allen:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uSumxCXbUVU

apsouthern
May 24, 2007

Chain Gang Soldier

I suppose when someone is constantly hovering above you you have to get used to the occasional view of "Little Clark"

Gertrude Perkins
May 1, 2010

Gun Snake

dont talk to gun snake

Drops: human teeth
I guess his array of powers never included Super Ironing.

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Popular culture has passed you by.

apsouthern posted:

I suppose when someone is constantly hovering above you you have to get used to the occasional view of "Little Clark"

I have so many questions. Why is Superman flying spread-legged? Is the little line indicating that he was trying to backhand the Atom? Is his left fist supposed to be comically large or is his left forearm really long, thus making the fist appear larger because it's closer to us? But where is his wrist? Is he squinting because Atom is really small? Where is the Bat signal coming from?

ghosthorse
Dec 15, 2011

...you forget so easily...
I think Atom kicked or hit him?

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Popular culture has passed you by.

ghosthorse posted:

I think Atom kicked or hit him?

After looking more closely it appears that Superman did indeed backhand him. There is a little yellow star showing the impact.

ghosthorse
Dec 15, 2011

...you forget so easily...
That makes sense, I thought the line/Supe's face was supposed to show the Atom hitting him and he was sort of falling back from that but I think that's expecting a little too much considering who drew it.

The Question IRL
Jun 8, 2013

Only two contestants left! Here is Doom's chance for revenge...

Please, tell me this is a real crossover!

Selachian
Oct 9, 2012

The Question IRL posted:

Please, tell me this is a real crossover!

Sure is.

hey girl you up
May 21, 2001

Forum Nice Guy
the fact that they aren't drawn as Norm MacDonald and Darrell Hammond is a gross oversight

Ensign_Ricky
Jan 4, 2008

Daddy Warlord
of the
Children of the Corn

or something...

Teenage Fansub posted:

Defeating Superman with a glove containing miniaturized red suns in the knuckles is goofier.

Defeating Hal Jordan by painting everything in a room (including himself) yellow is the goofiest.

Grendels Dad posted:

I have so many questions. Why is Superman flying spread-legged? Is the little line indicating that he was trying to backhand the Atom? Is his left fist supposed to be comically large or is his left forearm really long, thus making the fist appear larger because it's closer to us? But where is his wrist? Is he squinting because Atom is really small? Where is the Bat signal coming from?

When did Frank Miller go completely bugfuck insane? should be among those questions.

redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer

Ensign_Ricky posted:

When did Frank Miller go completely bugfuck insane? should be among those questions.
9/11, that's not news.

Selachian
Oct 9, 2012

PFlats posted:

the fact that they aren't drawn as Norm MacDonald and Darrell Hammond is a gross oversight

That would raise the question of which one of them is supposed to be the evil Colonel. I mean, you can't tell by the goatee...

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

Ensign_Ricky posted:

Followed closely by "and how does he keep getting work?"

redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer

Evil Mastermind posted:

Followed closely by "and how does he keep getting work?"
If you don't think DK3 is going to be one of DC's top sellers of the year...

Anyway, his only recent work within the last few years is co-writing that Robocop mini with Steven Grant. "Keep getting work" is amazingly generous. Holy Terror was 2011, and his only other original work after that is a cover to The Creep #0 (Dark Horse, 2012) (which I'm not even sure is new art) and one of the variant covers for Detective Comics #27 (2014):

:allears:

redbackground fucked around with this message at 16:07 on Oct 6, 2015

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

Really? I could have sworn Holy Terror wasn't that long ago.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?
Lets not forget his directing career - The Spirit and Sin City 2.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

bobkatt013 posted:

Lets not forget his directing career - The Spirit and Sin City 2.

He wrote Robocop 2. :(

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

prefect posted:

Not the script they ended up using, though. According to Miller they "butchered" his script.

Fortunately he was able to release it as a comic. He didn't do the art, but the guy he got was very much on the same page.

See the insanity for yourself.

redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer

prefect posted:

I'm not clear if you think this is a good thing or not, but Robocop 2 is great.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

redbackground posted:

I'm not clear if you think this is a good thing or not, but Robocop 2 is great.

I remember being crushingly disappointed when it came out. The first one was about corporate control over police and the indomitability of the human spirit. The second one was about some stupid new drug. Was not interested.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

The only thing I remember about robocop 2 is the test trials with the robot killing itself.

Ensign_Ricky
Jan 4, 2008

Daddy Warlord
of the
Children of the Corn

or something...

Evil Mastermind posted:

Not the script they ended up using, though. According to Miller they "butchered" his script.

Fortunately he was able to release it as a comic. He didn't do the art, but the guy he got was very much on the same page.

What...the...gently caress....

Ok, I think Frank might have been broken looooong before 9/11 if all that was actually in his Robocop 2 script.

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

The only thing I remember about robocop 2 is the test trials with the robot killing itself.

Uthor
Jul 9, 2006

Gummy Bear Heaven ... It's where I go when the world is too mean.

prefect posted:

He wrote Robocop vs. Terminator and it was great!

Ferrule
Feb 23, 2007

Yo!

Evil Mastermind posted:

"I got me a great script but what I really need is a low-rent, cut-rate Geoff Darrow to do the art."

redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer

Ferrule posted:

"I got me a great script but what I really need is a low-rent, cut-rate Geoff Darrow to do the art."
Ryp is the guy you go to when you need 9 people being wholly vivisected on every other page.

DigitalRaven
Oct 9, 2012

Marvel Adventures: Super Heroes #6

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

DigitalRaven posted:

Marvel Adventures: Super Heroes #6

Not the quote from that Simpsons episode you might have expected. :thumbsup:

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

prefect posted:

I remember being crushingly disappointed when it came out. The first one was about corporate control over police and the indomitability of the human spirit. The second one was about some stupid new drug. Was not interested.
The second one was looser, but it was still about the same themes - the perils of corporate control of basic social services, and the indomitability of the human spirit shown both as the perils of drug addiction through the 'leashing' the new Robocop and through Robocop's rebellion against his directive reprogramming.

Where it really goes off the page is Robocop 3, which is much closer to Miller's Robocop comic script, where suddenly it's about military mercenaries supplanting the police and forcing people off their land at the behest of the evil foreigners that have taken control of an American company and city. And there's a jetpack and robot ninjas, because those are totally necessary. Miller didn't understand Robocop was satire.

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug

Ghostlight posted:

Where it really goes off the page is Robocop 3, which is much closer to Miller's Robocop comic script, where suddenly it's about military mercenaries supplanting the police and forcing people off their land at the behest of the evil foreigners that have taken control of an American company and city. And there's a jetpack and robot ninjas, because those are totally necessary. Miller didn't understand Robocop was satire.

I kinda liked the Robot Ninjas not because "Robot Ninjas". But because of how ridiculous they were portrayed. Like, oh my god, they store their robot ninja by having it meditate in a fancy zen garden :allears:

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

redbackground posted:

Ryp is the guy you go to when you need 9 people being wholly vivisected on every other page.

I thought that was Ryan Ottley.

Or maybe he's the guy you go to when you need nine people being wholly vivisected on every other page, except in a brightly-coloured cartoony kind of way.

redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer

Wheat Loaf posted:

I thought that was Ryan Ottley.

Or maybe he's the guy you go to when you need nine people being wholly vivisected on every other page, except in a brightly-coloured cartoony kind of way.
Can't disagree with this.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Uthor posted:

He wrote Robocop vs. Terminator and it was great!

:sigh: Recolors...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Senior Woodchuck
Aug 29, 2006

When you're lost out there and you're all alone, a light is waiting to carry you home

Ensign_Ricky posted:

What...the...gently caress....

Ok, I think Frank might have been broken looooong before 9/11 if all that was actually in his Robocop 2 script.

The cracks are visible in Dark Knight Returns, really.