Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
dxt
Mar 27, 2004
METAL DISCHARGE
I have Carr currently with Big Ben dead, and I don't like his match up against the Broncos. Cutler, Foles, Bradford, Tannehill (on a bye this week) and BORT are the best looking waiver QBs, worth it to drop Carr for one of them? Leaning Cutler (ugh), especially when Jeffrey coming back.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Reik
Mar 8, 2004
Someone dropped CJ Anderson in my big money league. My current RB stable is:

Freeman, Bernard, Forsett, Melvin Gordon, CJ Spiller, Andre Ellington

Are any of those guys worth dropping to pick him up?

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
I would keep the Panthers unless I'm giving up something significant. Seattle, Philadelphia, and Indianapolis all have pretty bad offensive lines that look primed to give up a healthy number of sacks.

MrSargent
Dec 23, 2003

Sometimes, there's a man, well, he's the man for his time and place. He fits right in there. And that's Jimmy T.
I need a better WR2 since Golden Tate is really not cutting it and the Lions look terrible. I also have Stevie Johnson, but he is injured now and who knows how long he will be out. I would like to try and sell high on Doug Martin, packaging him with Tate for a better WR but am wondering who to target. Do you think Moncrief continues his production the rest of the year? He looks like the only bright spot in the Indy offense and they should be passing a lot. Who else might I be able to target with that package? This is Half PPR.

Gobias Ind.
Apr 5, 2007

If your girlfriend says hey to me that's our girlfriend now idc
Drop Matt Jones for Duke Johnson? Morris looked better on Sunday and even Chris Thompson outperformed Jones. Standard scoring.

Tatsuta Age
Apr 21, 2005

so good at being in trouble

Guy wants my Rashad Jennings. who is worth trading for him out of these, and what's reasonable to ask?

Him: Jarvis Landry, Jordan Matthews, Zach Ertz, Randall Cobb, Nelson Agholor, Terrance Williams, and a bunch of other useless crap.

My current guys in these spots are Steve Smith Sr (hurt), Larry Fitzgerald, Ebron (hurt), Martavis Bryant, Stevie Johnson (hurt), Dez (hurt), and Julius Thomas (hurt).

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007
I'm hopping off the Tevin Coleman and Jordan Reed trains tomorrow :(

Coleman had such high hopes and I fear Devonta Freeman has shattered them all. gently caress

Gin_Rummy
Aug 4, 2007
What are the odds that someone in here is decently skilled in photoshop? I'm looking to make my team logo and name more Dalton centric... I was thinking of having his face superimposed onto Cartman's whilst he red rocket his dog so that I could make my team name like the Red Rockets or something.

Honore_De_Balzac
Feb 12, 2013

Gin_Rummy posted:

What are the odds that someone in here is decently skilled in photoshop? I'm looking to make my team logo and name more Dalton centric... I was thinking of having his face superimposed onto Cartman's whilst he red rocket his dog so that I could make my team name like the Red Rockets or something.

You want someone to Photoshop Andy Dalton red rocketing a dog?

Gin_Rummy
Aug 4, 2007

Honore_De_Balzac posted:

You want someone to Photoshop Andy Dalton red rocketing a dog?

The South Park scene, not a real life person red rocketing a dog. That'd be weird.

Chill Penguin
Jan 10, 2004

you know korky buchek?
Motherfucking goddamn Darell Bevell... The Seahawks win by 3 points, and I lose by 3 points, thanks in part to another Jimmy Graham no-show. I'm considering starting Martellus Bennett next week at Kansas City :smithicide::tbear:

Tree Dude
May 26, 2012

AND MY SONG IS...
Drop Jordan Reed to avoid dropping Carolina DST? Seems like the way to go.

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007
Reed's had 4 concussions and the last one caused him to miss 6 games.

I'm considering his brains scrambled until further notice.

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.

Chill Penguin posted:

Motherfucking goddamn Darell Bevell... The Seahawks win by 3 points, and I lose by 3 points, thanks in part to another Jimmy Graham no-show. I'm considering starting Martellus Bennett next week at Kansas City :smithicide::tbear:

Yeah you should probably do that because Cutler loves throwing to Bennett unlike Wilson.

What does everybody think about Falcons D/ST against Washington? Was the game against Houston a fluke?

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007
I'm very strongly considering going with the Giants D against SF because god drat the 49ers look broke.

That first game was a complete illusion I guess

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

To sign them is my real test

With full no movement clause
I picked them up. Someone dropped Baltimore and I thought about it for a minute, but the Giants D has actually looked *gasp* passable the last few games and the 49ers are a trainwreck. I know that means that Hyde is going to run for 200 yards, but hopefully there's a few Kaep INTs to even it out. If they got me 10 points, I'd be happy.

thethreeman
May 10, 2008
Fallen Rib
Apparently Ahmad Bradshaw was visiting the Colts on Monday. Even if he gets picked up, I'm having trouble seeing him being a startable RB though - splitting carries behind Gore, maybe a small passing role. Can anyone give me reason to believe he's worth an add in front of Tavon Austin or the like?

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.

thethreeman posted:

Apparently Ahmad Bradshaw was visiting the Colts on Monday. Even if he gets picked up, I'm having trouble seeing him being a startable RB though - splitting carries behind Gore, maybe a small passing role. Can anyone give me reason to believe he's worth an add in front of Tavon Austin or the like?

He's not. He only gains relevance if Gore gets hurt. They're thinking he could be the 3rd down passing back.

Suave Fedora
Jun 10, 2004

Tatsuta Age posted:

Guy wants my Rashad Jennings. who is worth trading for him out of these, and what's reasonable to ask?

Him: Jarvis Landry, Jordan Matthews, Zach Ertz, Randall Cobb, Nelson Agholor, Terrance Williams, and a bunch of other useless crap.

My current guys in these spots are Steve Smith Sr (hurt), Larry Fitzgerald, Ebron (hurt), Martavis Bryant, Stevie Johnson (hurt), Dez (hurt), and Julius Thomas (hurt).

Anyone who is chomping at the bit to acquire Rashad Jennings after that freak outing must be at least slightly unhinged, so start with Cobb, Jordan Matthews and stop with Landry. You definitely need to make a move for another WR, though, as Bryant could be a shitshow this week.

Chill Penguin posted:

TE's have been feasting against OAK's defense in a pattern that goes back to last season. Protip: when you have a tough choice between two players, compare the opponent by (in ESPN) clicking the name of the opposing defense (the OPP column) to the right of their name. It will give you a number which tells you how that position scores against that defense, above or below the league average. OAK last week was like +8 and is now at +12. (Total)TE's have scored against OAK: 26.9, 24.6, 19.5, 19.8 points in .5ppr. KC is a tougher defense against TEs, below average at -2.8. Graham is not much better at -2.4, so I would go with the #1 target on the more passing-oriented offense.

Alternatively, it's Owen Daniels Burgertime.

Suave Fedora fucked around with this message at 18:45 on Oct 6, 2015

Gobias Ind.
Apr 5, 2007

I've been offered Lamar Miller and Heath Miller for my CJ Anderson and Tyler Eifert after I expressed interest in acquiring Lamar. Standard scoring in a 12 team league that is notoriously difficult to trade in.

I think on a pure talent basis I lose this deal. But I've got Kelce at TE and I can't flex a TE so Eifert has been wasting away on my bench (he went undrafted and I scooped off the waiver wire after Week 1 in the hopes of trading him to a TE needy team). I also need to grab a QB to cover Cam's bye and I don't have an obvious drop right now (it'd be Matt Jones or Stevie I guess), so I'd just drop Heath Miller right away.

I also own Ronnie Hillman and am currently planning on starting him this week over CJA. Is this a decent use of Eifert as a trade chip? I feel like I should be able to do better but that it's quite possible I never actually find a trade, because most of the league is trade/risk averse. I think I definitely prefer Miller's situation to Anderson's.

Current roster:

QB: Cam
RB: CJA, Latavius, Yeldon, Hillman, Matt Jones
WR: OBJ, Cooks, Kendall Wright, Stevie, Martavis
TE: Kelce, Eifert

Varg
Jan 13, 2007

A friendly face.

looking to trade with this guy, he's dead at WR and is asking for one from somebody. this is standard scoring, no ppr

given his situation I'm thinking of proposing Landry for Ivory or Forte straight up, I just don't want to kill my own WR depth.. but on the other hand gently caress the dolphins

Ninja Bob
Nov 20, 2002

Bleak Gremlin

Gobias Ind. posted:

Drop Matt Jones for Duke Johnson? Morris looked better on Sunday and even Chris Thompson outperformed Jones. Standard scoring.

I'm thinking about doing this in one of my leagues, but mine is full PPR.

Gobias Ind.
Apr 5, 2007

Ninja Bob posted:

I'm thinking about doing this in one of my leagues, but mine is full PPR.

I think PPR I'd definitely do it.

VDay
Jul 2, 2003

I'm Pacman Jones!
To be fair, Bradshaw was a top 15 back with Trent Richardson getting like a dozen touches a game. Not worth picking up unless you can drop complete trash for him, but worth keeping an eye on if he shows flashes of getting some serious work despite Gore.

Suave Fedora
Jun 10, 2004

Varg posted:

looking to trade with this guy, he's dead at WR and is asking for one from somebody. this is standard scoring, no ppr

given his situation I'm thinking of proposing Landry for Ivory or Forte straight up, I just don't want to kill my own WR depth.. but on the other hand gently caress the dolphins

You're not going to get Forte but it's worth the shot. You can drop Blue and Dunbar and pick up more WR depth if releasing Landry makes you uneasy, but I think Landry for Ivory is a suitable offer if not a lowball coming from you.

timp
Sep 19, 2007

Everything is in my control
Lipstick Apathy
I tried to do some research on Tavon Austin to see if he's worth hanging onto as a startable WR or if I should be trying to sell high on him, but every source I find is some variation of "Is he legit? We hope so! I guess we'll see!" which is not very helpful. Somebody smarter than me, please help set the drat record straight!

El Ste
Aug 22, 2010

timp posted:

I tried to do some research on Tavon Austin to see if he's worth hanging onto as a startable WR or if I should be trying to sell high on him, but every source I find is some variation of "Is he legit? We hope so! I guess we'll see!" which is not very helpful. Somebody smarter than me, please help set the drat record straight!

He's averaging ~13pts (half PPR) per game. His floor has been somewhere around five points. He averages five targets per game. St. Louis aren't great. So he's sort of exactly what you'd think, a middling guy capable of catching fire on a good day.

You've got to ask yourself what your other options are and if you'd ever feel comfortable starting him over them. I've got Mike Evans chilling on my bench because he can catch fire eventually and gets loads of targets but I don't trust him (or Tampa Bay/Winston) yet so I don't play him. That's what it comes down to at the end of the day.

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Norris'es are back baby. It's good again. Awoouu (fox Howl)

timp posted:

Gurley is opening up the field.

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

only people who enjoy my posting can replace this avatar
It seems like every year for the past few, Austin has always been one of those "will he keep it up for the whole season?" and so far I don't think he has proven to be anything reliable. He'll have a few good games but at least in my opinion he is one of the most prominent examples of a "boom or bust" player.

Chill Penguin
Jan 10, 2004

you know korky buchek?

Suave Fedora posted:

Anyone who is chomping at the bit to acquire Rashad Jennings after that freak outing must be at least slightly unhinged, so start with Cobb, Jordan Matthews and stop with Landry. You definitely need to make a move for another WR, though, as Bryant could be a shitshow this week.

TE's have been feasting against OAK's defense in a pattern that goes back to last season. Protip: when you have a tough choice between two players, compare the opponent by (in ESPN) clicking the name of the opposing defense (the OPP column) to the right of their name. It will give you a number which tells you how that position scores against that defense, above or below the league average. OAK last week was like +8 and is now at +12. (Total)TE's have scored against OAK: 26.9, 24.6, 19.5, 19.8 points in .5ppr. KC is a tougher defense against TEs, below average at -2.8. Graham is not much better at -2.4, so I would go with the #1 target on the more passing-oriented offense.

Alternatively, it's Owen Daniels Burgertime.

My next best option is Ladarius Green

Tatsuta Age
Apr 21, 2005

so good at being in trouble

Suave Fedora posted:

Normally I would agree, but he just lost Dunbar and is sitting on LeSean too, so he's really hurting. He turned down Cobb and Matthews, and I don't really want Landry. He offered T. Williams, but we'll see.

Freezer
Apr 20, 2001

The Earth is the cradle of the mind, but one cannot stay in the cradle forever.
I'm being offered Steve Smith Sr. in exchange of Jeremy Maclin. Does this sound like a good idea? I have enough depth to go a few weeks without using Steve.

Inspector 34
Mar 9, 2009

DOES NOT RESPECT THE RUN

BUT THEY WILL
Thinking about proposing the following trade:

Give: Yeldon, Alfred Morris
Get: Maclin

My RB/WR situation: Latavius Murray, Devonta Freeman, TJ Yeldon, Alfred Morris, CJ Spiller, Thomas Rawls, Golden Tate, Allen Hurns, Jarvis Landry, Dez
His RB/WRs: Adrian Peterson, Ellington, D.Johnson, Knile Davis, AJ Green, Jeremy Maclin, Julian Edelman, Charles Johnson, Doug Baldwin

So He definitely needs help at RB and I really need to beef up my WRs. Would I be losing too much depth? Thinking I could rotate Tate/Hurns/Spiller at Flex, but I'd really have to hope and pray that Murray and Freeman continue to be healthy and productive.

District Selectman
Jan 22, 2012

by Lowtax
drat, poor Reed. I'm gonna hold onto him and see. Fleener is a good one week hold.

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

LmaoTheKid posted:

Gurley is opening up the field.

This is the best answer. He was completely unmarked on a lot of his catches. I'd pick up Austin right now because that's not a bad thing at all fantasy wise.

Seebee
Mar 13, 2004

Freezer posted:

I'm being offered Steve Smith Sr. in exchange of Jeremy Maclin. Does this sound like a good idea? I have enough depth to go a few weeks without using Steve.

Oh wait. No, don't do this. I thought you were going to receive Maclin.

Seebee fucked around with this message at 19:59 on Oct 6, 2015

Gobias Ind.
Apr 5, 2007

Freezer posted:

Nah. I think I would have preferred Maclin before Smith got hurt. Now I definitely prefer Maclin.

Suave Fedora
Jun 10, 2004

Freezer posted:

I don't think it's a good idea. Steve will do nothing for you while he's injured, and he's old so who knows how fast he bounces back. Remember he has a habit of being a shooting star during the season and then he explodes but in a bad way. I think I would prefer holding onto Maclin for injury and bye depth. This trade is equitable but it helps him much more than it does you in the short term.

Gobias Ind.
Apr 5, 2007

Tatsuta Age posted:

Normally I would agree, but he just lost Dunbar and is sitting on LeSean too, so he's really hurting. He turned down Cobb and Matthews, and I don't really want Landry. He offered T. Williams, but we'll see.

Landry is a way better get than Williams, even in the dogshit Miami offence.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Austin is about to disappear for the next 8 weeks so I wouldn't buy too high on him

• Locked thread