Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BottledBodhisvata
Jul 26, 2013

by Lowtax
The Dragon Quest Heroes game makes me kind of pleased to see experiments being done to this style of games' formula. I think they've really hit on a kind of perfect formula with the basic gameplay. I'd love to see more RTS elements added in--like, maybe you could have a musou game where you can make custom upgrades to certain bases, and have longer, larger battles with you and the enemy constantly repairing and upgrading your forts and the like. Hell, turn that into an online head-to-head multiplayer and you'd basically have the perfect game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

Tae posted:

Is there any other character that uses Tashigi tokens, because I have constant 99 and running low on everything else.

Pretty much everyone has a Marines token slot, which is 15 of any combination of Marines-affiliated characters. You can spend all your Tashigis there.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Tae posted:

I'm assuming that's why Samurai 4-2 by default pauses the screen whenever a new objective pops up.

Sometimes the fail state in a stage has nothing to do with the missions that pop up like that that though, so you actually have to be paying attention to what's going on. I just failed Hisahide's last stage because of that.

A Fancy 400 lbs
Jul 24, 2008
I legit have attention deficit problems that need to be medicated and I can still pay attention enough to not fail because of that.

Static Rook
Dec 1, 2000

by Lowtax

BottledBodhisvata posted:

The Dragon Quest Heroes game makes me kind of pleased to see experiments being done to this style of games' formula. I think they've really hit on a kind of perfect formula with the basic gameplay. I'd love to see more RTS elements added in--like, maybe you could have a musou game where you can make custom upgrades to certain bases, and have longer, larger battles with you and the enemy constantly repairing and upgrading your forts and the like. Hell, turn that into an online head-to-head multiplayer and you'd basically have the perfect game.

The Empires games kinda, sorta do this. Before a battle you can upgrade your main base or any smaller bases to make them harder to capture. For the smaller bases you can make them offensive, defensive, supply giver, etc. It's not much, but it's be great to to see that formula tweaked a little to make it more like what you're talking about.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

It infuriates me to see more Empires games after Samurai 3's and none of them took Castle Town on. Why even bother.

PureRok
Mar 27, 2010

Good as new.
Since Square Enix seems to be amicable to letting TK make Warriors games based on their IPs, maybe we'll get some sort of Final Fantasy thing. I wouldn't mind seeing a Dissidia/Orochi style mash-up of Final Fantasy heroes/villains as a Musou game.

5-Headed Snake God
Jun 12, 2008

Do you see how he's a cat?

PureRok posted:

Since Square Enix seems to be amicable to letting TK make Warriors games based on their IPs, maybe we'll get some sort of Final Fantasy thing. I wouldn't mind seeing a Dissidia/Orochi style mash-up of Final Fantasy heroes/villains as a Musou game.

A man can dream.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

For real, I think I would buy a Final Fantasy (or Square-Enix in general) Musou sight unseen.

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
I'd get it only if Kuja can be the very camp Zhang He of Squeenix Warriors.

mikeycp
Nov 24, 2010

I've changed a lot since I started hanging with Sonic, but I can't depend on him forever. I know I can do this by myself! Okay, Eggman! Bring it on!
You all started talking about Squeenix Warriors games, and the sickest part of me immediately thought of "Ogre Warriors."

I have no idea what that would even consist of.

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

mikeycp posted:

I have no idea what that would even consist of.

Playing as Lich and spamming R1

mikeycp
Nov 24, 2010

I've changed a lot since I started hanging with Sonic, but I can't depend on him forever. I know I can do this by myself! Okay, Eggman! Bring it on!
So, if I were to show Dragon Quest Heroes to someone who hates Musou without ever having actually played one, how long do you think I could keep them in the dark about its lineage? Or do you all reckon it's not even worth trying?

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
What does he not like about musuo? The ip games are basically their own style at this point.

Selane
May 19, 2006

mikeycp posted:

someone who hates Musou

why would you be friends with such a person

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

Yes, it is what it looks like!

mikeycp posted:

So, if I were to show Dragon Quest Heroes to someone who hates Musou without ever having actually played one, how long do you think I could keep them in the dark about its lineage? Or do you all reckon it's not even worth trying?

Eew. Sever.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
Most people I've met loved their first Musou game. But lots of them get burned out on the formula and don't bother keeping up.

ZenVulgarity
Oct 9, 2012

I made the hat by transforming my zen

Pureauthor posted:

Most people I've met loved their first Musou game. But lots of them get burned out on the formula and don't bother keeping up.

Hi this is me

ZenVulgarity
Oct 9, 2012

I made the hat by transforming my zen

I really seem to only enjoy the Empire versions now and even then it has to be something that catches my eye

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

I don't like the XL games, because the mainline DW games are kinda eh and I'm mostly there for the latest revision of chinese civil war.

I love replaying the IP games though, because the combat is so much better and they're doing experimental stuff.

5er
Jun 1, 2000
Probation
Can't post for 24 hours!
Bad dubs in Warriors games have been an endearing, expected quality since the start. It's right up there with the silly, anachronistic buttrock bgm.

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

my main issue with the subs is that they make it take even longer for the objectives to pop up. if they just made the dialogue and objectives seperate dialogue boxes it would be okay

Tempo 119
Apr 17, 2006

Is it possible to import created characters from Samurai Warriors 4 into 4-2? I've seen a few places say you can do it but not how

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Tempo 119 posted:

Is it possible to import created characters from Samurai Warriors 4 into 4-2? I've seen a few places say you can do it but not how

If there is, I can't find it. I don't think they're allowed to have any real connectivity at all, due to the thing with Capcom, all you get for having SW4 is some money and skill books if it detects a save.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

Tecmo Koei wants to make Star Wars Musou, will make Atelier Musou is people actually want it.

Bloodly
Nov 3, 2008

Not as strong as you'd expect.
Well, they picked entirely the wrong loving time to think about Star Wars Musou. Lucas and the old canon might not have cared, but Disney certainly will, and the canon's on complete lockdown right now with the new movies coming.

quakster
Jul 21, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Jar Jar Binks slappin' a hundred Stormtroopers off their feet.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

I want it. How do I tell them I want it. I'll give them money. Where do I sent my Atelier Musou money?

Keeshhound
Jan 14, 2010

Mad Duck Swagger

Bloodly posted:

Well, they picked entirely the wrong loving time to think about Star Wars Musou. Lucas and the old canon might not have cared, but Disney certainly will, and the canon's on complete lockdown right now with the new movies coming.

I guess we can always hope that Battlefront 3 retains the Jedi super classes.

mikeycp
Nov 24, 2010

Selane posted:

why would you be friends with such a person

That's a good question. He has terrible taste and can't enjoy simple pleasures like Musou. I mainly wanted to know for the sake of recording. I don't want to sit down and hear him complain about how bad the game is for 40 minutes.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

mikeycp posted:

That's a good question. He has terrible taste and can't enjoy simple pleasures like Musou. I mainly wanted to know for the sake of recording. I don't want to sit down and hear him complain about how bad the game is for 40 minutes.

is this Another Person

Also, it would actually help if we knew specifically why he hates omega force games other than instinct

mikeycp
Nov 24, 2010

Tae posted:

is this Another Person

Also, it would actually help if we knew specifically why he hates omega force games other than instinct

Yes.

That's just it. He won't give a straight answer. All he will say is "They're bad and all the same. No it doesn't matter how popular they are or how much they sell. They're terrible."

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

I would absolutely not record then.

5er
Jun 1, 2000
Probation
Can't post for 24 hours!

Bloodly posted:

On the other hand, two of the greatest merchandising forces in Western civilization are united, and ready to break fresh ground in any direction that earns them royalty money. The metal I think is hot here.

mikeycp
Nov 24, 2010

Tae posted:

I would absolutely not record then.

Got it. I'll do that one solo. Thanks for the advice.

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

At the end of everything, hold onto anything

Fun Shoe

Bloodly posted:

And iirc EA has exclusive rights to make Star Wars games.

5er
Jun 1, 2000
Probation
Can't post for 24 hours!

Mokinokaro posted:

Now that right there is a proper cockblocker.

Jibo
May 22, 2007

Bear Witness
College Slice

I think it would be kind of cool if they started releasing one or two one off Musou games a year. I want my collection of doofy Musou games spanning all possibly IPs.

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

:frogsiren:

Mokinokaro posted:

Looks like I'll never get to play as Darth Vader laying waste to hundreds of Ewoks and Gungans while my own forces stand around posing at each other.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mikeycp
Nov 24, 2010

Please Koei Tecmo absorb whoever makes Battride Wars so those games can actually be good.