Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
Oh, yeah, I've heard tales about the GB thread and now I understand why. Move on.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

Actually, the Giant Bomb thread doesn't like Giant Bomb also.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Heroic Yoshimitsu posted:

It likes gbeast

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Everybody likes Vinny though

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

Anyway, Pat was right in the Mario Maker video right? About how the direction you hit the block determines where the mushroom goes.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
Transformers is a tiny as hell game. Really not liking the length of this game from what I've seen.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

Tae posted:

Transformers is a tiny as hell game. Really not liking the length of this game from what I've seen.

Isn't it supposed to be about as long as MGR (around 4, 5h of play)?

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Dias posted:

Isn't it supposed to be about as long as MGR (around 4, 5h of play)?

It's shorter than Revengence by all accounts. It's basically a bigger Korra with a loot system than a lesser revengence.

Also, what the hell are you doing to finish revengence in only 5 hours outside of a speed run?

MagusDraco
Nov 11, 2011

even speedwagon was trolled

Tae posted:

It's shorter than Revengence by all accounts. It's basically a bigger Korra with a loot system than a lesser revengence.

Also, what the hell are you doing to finish revengence in only 5 hours outside of a speed run?

I dunno, Revengeance took me about 4 or 5 hours game time to finish (I think it skips time in cutscenes when calculating game time)

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

Tae posted:

I don't think I clocked much more than 5, 6h in my first playthrough, and I just kinda...played. I'm not even good at these thingies.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Rodyle posted:

Lol "Culprit" confirmed

I can't I just I just can't

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

Baal posted:

I can't I just I just can't

i hope the next podcast is three hours of woolie saying the culprit's dub is terrible :smug:

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

havenwaters posted:

I dunno, Revengeance took me about 4 or 5 hours game time to finish (I think it skips time in cutscenes when calculating game time)

That's probably it. The cutscenes add in an extra couple of hours.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I'd be fine with that because they hosed Adachi's voice hard since the anime

Indecisive
May 6, 2007

Anyway, Pat was right in the Mario Maker video right? About how the direction you hit the block determines where the mushroom goes.

I'm no mariologist but I'm pretty sure it did in fact work that way in Mario 3 and possibly Super Mario World, aka the only Marios that Matter, so as far as I'm concerned pat is right

Depths
Apr 15, 2009

SENPAI
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2QpZnAeMXo4
Pat and Matt trying to figure out these mysterious portuguese/spanish/russian jogos is the best. EXPLODO?

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

OH GOD YES (vessel) it's Dong Dong Never Die

Dmitri-9
Nov 30, 2004

There's something really sexy about Scrooge McDuck. I love Uncle Scrooge.
Slandering Hunter x Hunter on a Doggone Ron Paul spin-off LP? Gimme a break.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Dmitri-9 posted:

That LP sounds like it's really going places

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Yeah, in the trash.

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
Did you know that Super Mario RPG is a baby game for babies too?

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
Motherfucker, you watch the trashiest anime this side of Inuyasha, why you gotta talk poo poo about HxH?

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Dias posted:

Motherfucker, you watch the trashiest anime this side of Inuyasha, why you gotta talk poo poo about HxH?

Not all anime can reach the heights of Gate

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Woolie known art school student and connosiuer of anime loves Danganronpa Another Episode: Ultra Despair Girls especially when their fans massively dislike it.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Rodyle posted:

OH GOD YES (vessel) it's Dong Dong Never Die

Man, I didn't believe that was a real title and got super excited about D4 getting the second season done.

HGH
Dec 20, 2011

Baal posted:

Woolie known art school student and connosiuer of anime loves Danganronpa Another Episode: Ultra Despair Girls especially when their fans massively dislike it.
Watch the next episode, even if you hate everything about this.

Depths
Apr 15, 2009

SENPAI

Dmitri-9 posted:

loving lol

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

HGH posted:

Watch the next episode, even if you hate everything about this.

What do you mean next episode I've still only watched the first five minutes of the first one

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

RareAcumen posted:

Man, I didn't believe that was a real title and got super excited about D4 getting the second season done.

Dark Dreams Do Die, Dong Dong Never Dies

Also, holy poo poo the comments section on Dangan Ronpa are a hate circle-jerk. They stop this short of "kill yourselfs" sometimes.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
It's pretty astounding that Liam managed to lead such a reviled LP because he wanted people to like this series.

Road to hell, paved with good intentions, etc.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

Baal posted:

It's pretty astounding that Liam managed to lead such a reviled LP because he wanted people to like this series.

I think half of it is the timing, really. If this LP came out during one of those release voids, it would probably face a lot less vitriol. But being on the schedule with Until Dawn and MGSV (and now Undertale) kinda made it a lightning rod for a shitstorm.

Of course, the other half is picking the third game in a semi-obscure portable-only series, and one that wasn't even a hit with its fans.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Dias posted:

Of course, the other half is picking the third game in a semi-obscure portable-only series, and one that wasn't even a hit with its fans.

Why didn't they just do the original Dangranronpa if he wanted to do something with the series? I assume only Liam has played so one of the others could have played it with Liam commentating.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
A video LP of DR would actually be worse than this because it's nothing but text and the occasional mini-game. Liam already has an issue letting cutscenes breathe for the audience and not skipping scenes entirely and that problem would be exacerbated in a VN.

HGH
Dec 20, 2011

Baal posted:

What do you mean next episode I've still only watched the first five minutes of the first one
It's mostly because it involves Woolie get increasingly frustrated and pissed at how bad everything is and that amuses me.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I honestly want to watch it to see how bad it can actually get and just might because I am a sick pervert, but I also don't want to hear them bitch and moan until they change the voices and realize the game's still rear end and they're giant children.

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

Baal posted:

To be fair, seeing the first video got me to care about the fact that I hadn't actually bought either of the first two games and only relied on the SA LPs, and now I've got both games. So it *kinda* worked. Now when I finish both of those I got a lovely game LP to watch 'cuz I ain't touching that poo poo.

Also the English voice acting for both games is pretty fantastic so that will make it even funnier when I listen to them poo poo on the VO they didn't listen to.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Phantasium posted:

To be fair, seeing the first video got me to care about the fact that I hadn't actually bought either of the first two games and only relied on the SA LPs, and now I've got both games. So it *kinda* worked. Now when I finish both of those I got a lovely game LP to watch 'cuz I ain't touching that poo poo.

Also the English voice acting for both games is pretty fantastic so that will make it even funnier when I listen to them poo poo on the VO they didn't listen to.

Please do not play this third game. It's garbage.

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

Phantasium posted:

Now when I finish both of those I got a lovely game LP to watch 'cuz I ain't touching that poo poo.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
If the LP got you to play the games then I guess Liam accomplished his goal, but not in a way where he really deserves credit so much as you for being cognizant of what you're getting into. UDG is not worth playing and you're a smarter person than me because I bought it Day 1 to have a front row seat to the series' death.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Woolie tells Liam to stop gun-jumping the tutorial three times in the first 10 minutes of the transformers video.