Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cyberball 2072
Feb 17, 2014

by Lowtax

Illinois Smith posted:

What are some good episodes for characters they made up, like Martin Cinemax III or the door man from Three Man & a Baby? Or their sweet robot impressions in Stealth? I think I've listened to everything at least once but I'm drawing a blank.

We forgot my favorite, Pippi Longstocking's horse;

YOULL GET THE CHAIR FOR THIS PIPPI! GONNA B-B-B-BURN FOR THIS!

And I just want to say that I almost died laughing at the errand boy/invoice riff in the new Animation Damnation, someone should tip these guys off to this this site's very own "Cobra After Action Reports"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

Man, those were some good Cobra Commander impressions.

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010

Illinois Smith posted:

What are some good episodes for characters they made up, like Martin Cinemax III or the door man from Three Man & a Baby? Or their sweet robot impressions in Stealth? I think I've listened to everything at least once but I'm drawing a blank.
Personally I love the two Raiden voices they do for the Mortal Kombat movie episodes

Have they done that live action Dragonball movie btw? That was terrible right? Wonder if that movie's entertaining enough for a listener request, it strikes me as the type of disaster I'd like to know more about but only by subjecting other people to it and having them tell me what they witnessed

Punkin Spunkin fucked around with this message at 05:32 on Oct 2, 2015

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

DBE doesn't have much to chew on if you aren't familiar with the material, it's be a waste of an episode. Contrast Last Airbender, which requires no knowledge whatsoever.

Illinois Smith
Nov 15, 2003

Ninety-one? There are ninety other "Tiger Drivers"? Do any involve actual tigers, or driving?

TheFallenEvincar posted:

Personally I love the two Raiden voices they do for the Mortal Kombat movie episodes
I just relistened to the first one and the part where they all break down giggling at the Mortal Kombat Resort attractions is amazing.

Irish Joe
Jul 23, 2007

by Lowtax
How Did This Get Made is now up to 4 commercial breaks.

Gargamel Gibson
Apr 24, 2014
Only if you listen to it.

Irish Joe
Jul 23, 2007

by Lowtax

Gargamel Gibson posted:

Only if you listen to it.

Your loss if you don't. This week June talked about her fear of mirages.

kdrudy
Sep 19, 2009

Irish Joe posted:

Your loss if you don't. This week June talked about her fear of mirages.

And don't forget her father's apparent face blindness.

The Vosgian Beast
Aug 13, 2011

Business is slow

Rodyle posted:

DBE doesn't have much to chew on if you aren't familiar with the material, it's be a waste of an episode. Contrast Last Airbender, which requires no knowledge whatsoever.

Though if Pokemon is any indication, them being sent an episode of DBZ and desperately trying to decode it would be amazing.

The Berzerker
Feb 24, 2006

treat me like a dog

June's father thought Cillian Murphy was June.

e: "I'm very scared of mirages, in general."

The Berzerker fucked around with this message at 20:05 on Oct 2, 2015

PUGGERNAUT
Nov 14, 2013

I AM INCREDIBLY BORING AND SHOULD STOP TALKING ABOUT FOOD IN THE POLITICS THREAD

Irish Joe posted:

How Did This Get Made is now up to 4 commercial breaks.

As long as they still have that 1 theme song I'm not listening to it.

Kevino07
Oct 16, 2008

The Vosgian Beast posted:

Though if Pokemon is any indication, them being sent an episode of DBZ and desperately trying to decode it would be amazing.

:aaaaa: They should do the episode where Goku and Piccolo learn to drive cars.

radlum
May 13, 2013

PUGGERNAUT posted:

As long as they still have that 1 theme song I'm not listening to it.

They went back to the old theme song. Also, they had Tatiana Maslany as the guest.

I'm not surprised that June's father is as oblivious to things as she is. More stories about her family would be fun.

Cyberball 2072
Feb 17, 2014

by Lowtax

Cyberball 2072 posted:

This year I won't be lazy and I will make the call for Brainscan.

It's got all the best WHM stuff.

-scene chewing who gives a gently caress villain

-90s best gift to man Ed furlong

-cyberthriller!

-we don't understand kids or tech panic!

-vidja games will make our kids killers!

-frank muhfuckin langella

http://youtu.be/QaRbBSeLkj4

Lol I was a lazy stoner again and didn't call in poo poo but guess what it didn't matter cause today's episode is BRAINSCAN!

E: Also on last week's HTDGM I skipped the ads then kept hitting skip waiting to hear the noise of an audience until about 8 minutes in I stopped and realized "holy poo poo, a studio episode!"

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

Next week's WHM is killer workout, I think.

BigRed0427
Mar 23, 2007

There's no one I'd rather be than me.

When even evil beings are having trouble finding good interns, you know this country is in trouble.

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

Small Business Owner Trickster may be one of my favorite characters ever.

Also holy crap guy who played Trickster went on to voice Sander Cohen in Bioshock and Baron Ünterbheit in Venture Brothers.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

Evil Mastermind posted:

Small Business Owner Trickster may be one of my favorite characters ever.

Also holy crap guy who played Trickster went on to voice Sander Cohen in Bioshock and Baron Ünterbheit in Venture Brothers.

Jeremy they don't deliver on Columbus Day!

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

bobkatt013 posted:

Jeremy they don't deliver on Columbus Day!

...Do you really think you have a future in logistics, Jeremy? This isn't Trickster the boss, this is Trickster your friend.

I'm loving the running bit of super villains/horror monsters just being overworked.

The Vosgian Beast
Aug 13, 2011

Business is slow
My favorite might have been Jigsaw the Feminist.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
I totally am blanking on that but I must find it, what episode?

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

Tatum Girlparts posted:

...Do you really think you have a future in logistics, Jeremy? This isn't Trickster the boss, this is Trickster your friend.

I'm loving the running bit of super villains/horror monsters just being overworked.

Put on Primus!!

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

bobkatt013 posted:

Put on Primus!!

Never leave home without it!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JRSKtQRJ_ko

I love how Trickster yells and dances like it's a metal song, and how they stop the song just as it really gets started.

The Vosgian Beast
Aug 13, 2011

Business is slow

Tatum Girlparts posted:

I totally am blanking on that but I must find it, what episode?

Body Parts iiirc. The one with Jeff Fahey and Brad Dourif.

Evil Mastermind posted:

Never leave home without it!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JRSKtQRJ_ko

I love how Trickster yells and dances like it's a metal song, and how they stop the song just as it really gets started.

Trickster is in this weird space halfway between a Kazaam/Drop Dead Fred "wacky supernatural imaginary friend" movie character and a Wishmaster/Freddy Krueger all-powerful-within-certain-bounds villain. Especially towards the end, when Michael acts like they're friends after everything that happened.

Bolingbroke
Jan 4, 2015
I was crying with laughter at 'Trickster and Jeremy the intern' this episode, Jesus Christ. The Spooktacular always has such excellent content.

Does anyone know the details of the horror remix they use as the opening theme for the Halloween episodes? I'd like to get hold of it but sticking all the sampled quotes into google doesn't yield an answer. It's a really fun mix.

Ror
Oct 21, 2010

😸Everything's 🗞️ purrfect!💯🤟

Bolingbroke posted:

Does anyone know the details of the horror remix they use as the opening theme for the Halloween episodes? I'd like to get hold of it but sticking all the sampled quotes into google doesn't yield an answer. It's a really fun mix.

Pretty sure Jupin mentioned making it for the show once.

edit: it was in a Q&A thread they did on reddit

whmpodcast posted:

Andrew found the music as free to use somewhere on the Internet and then layered in the audio clips from movies.

Ror fucked around with this message at 08:46 on Oct 7, 2015

Bolingbroke
Jan 4, 2015

Ror posted:

Pretty sure Jupin mentioned making it for the show once.
Darn, I was hoping it was part of a longer piece I could get hold of. Ah well, thanks anyway!

Flython
Oct 21, 2010

So the Flophouse/Adventure Zone crossover is great, go listen to it.

http://www.maximumfun.org/shows/adventure-zone

I'd be so happy if this turned into the Flophouse version of animation damnation. It's also criminal that we never got Eric's Once in a Lifetime sideshow.

ArtVandelay
Jul 13, 2004

Do people really cry at movies, especially ridiculous movies like Masters of the Universe? I may admit to having a few manly tears at The Fault in Our Stars, but Masters? I swear I hear June, Jason, and Paul saying they cried like a baby at almost every movie they watched! I guess i'm not surprised by June crying at anything.

Beeez
May 28, 2012
Jason's a big sap, June is a crazy person, and Paul is a weirdo who's a new father. I imagine those may be the reasons they cry all the time.

radlum
May 13, 2013
Can someone tell me why people like the McElroys? Their FlopHouse episode wasn't bad, but it had a weird feeling, specially during the final judgment and letters part. Still, I enjoyed that one of them remembered to make a Housecat cameo

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

ArtVandelay posted:

Do people really cry at movies, especially ridiculous movies like Masters of the Universe? I may admit to having a few manly tears at The Fault in Our Stars, but Masters? I swear I hear June, Jason, and Paul saying they cried like a baby at almost every movie they watched! I guess i'm not surprised by June crying at anything.

"Death of a loved one" is an easy emotional manipulation that lands on most people, because we've all either been there or dread it coming. It's not so much a matter of Paul, June, and Jason being saps as much as it being a very easy thread for a writer to pull.

The Modern Leper
Dec 25, 2008

You must be a masochist

radlum posted:

Can someone tell me why people like the McElroys? Their FlopHouse episode wasn't bad, but it had a weird feeling, specially during the final judgment and letters part. Still, I enjoyed that one of them remembered to make a Housecat cameo

Because people think they're very funny.

http://youtu.be/3r5Q0zsO7IA
http://youtu.be/kt2NYL66BcM
http://youtu.be/ct4LMymXjZI
http://youtu.be/OgaJla-togA

Those people are right.

The Modern Leper fucked around with this message at 13:35 on Oct 11, 2015

Illinois Smith
Nov 15, 2003

Ninety-one? There are ninety other "Tiger Drivers"? Do any involve actual tigers, or driving?
Adventure Zone is super rad. I haven't really tried to get into any of their other dozen podcasts, just remember really hating the Dollop-style medical show that one of them does with his doctor wife.

Illinois Smith fucked around with this message at 01:27 on Oct 12, 2015

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010
It's funny cuz I spend most of my time on the MBMBAM thread annoyingly wondering how people can find the non-McElroy people/shows on the MaxFun network (other than Hodgeman I guess) remotely tolerable and not grating/forced. It's cool seeing the reverse opinion. Different strokes. :shrug: (but yeah even then I don't really stray out of MBMBAM and Adventure Zone with them, Sawbones is okaaaaay but not really a recommend per se and I'm not into Bunker Buddies at all...that other show Travis does about like celebrity gossip and stuff was alright for a few eps but I unsubbed eventually, basically the optimal situation is having all the brothers together, and if papa McElroy is in the house then even better).
Kinda bummed because I've raced through most of the WHM catalogue now (well not really but I've still gotten through a lot of them). Are the Animation Damnation and other random special non-movie eps entertaining? Also did anyone ever listen to that conspiracy podcast show one of the dudes always talks about hosting that is apparently over now? How's that? I like the WHM dudes well enough.

Punkin Spunkin fucked around with this message at 05:45 on Oct 12, 2015

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

I limit my McElroy intake to Monster Factory and feel OK with that.

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

TheFallenEvincar posted:

Are the Animation Damnation and other random special non-movie eps entertaining? Also did anyone ever listen to that conspiracy podcast show one of the dudes always talks about hosting that is apparently over now? How's that? I like the WHM dudes well enough.
The WHM side eps are good -- especially the Mailbags. There's some more content on their paid app (not a ton but it's like $3).

I don't think anyone here really liked Blame It on Outer Space. The premise of "WHM for conspiracies" sounds great but that was never exactly what it was. Eric seemed to be trying a few different ideas through its run and I don't know that it ever really came together. Early on it seemed not jokey enough, like it was just "oh geez, man this theory is crazy, wow, can you believe this crazy poo poo?" without ever really diving into it. Then later they started doing like kind radio play type stuff. Also he did this weird, intentionally bad Jay Leno style monologue at the top that didn't have anything to do with the topic. I think there's a great podcast in there if they'd just do it joking but with a pretty straight face, no high concept, but I guess that wasn't what he wanted it to be.

bango skank
Jan 15, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

TheFallenEvincar posted:

It's funny cuz I spend most of my time on the MBMBAM thread annoyingly wondering how people can find the non-McElroy people/shows on the MaxFun network (other than Hodgeman I guess) remotely tolerable and not grating/forced. It's cool seeing the reverse opinion. Different strokes. :shrug: (but yeah even then I don't really stray out of MBMBAM and Adventure Zone with them, Sawbones is okaaaaay but not really a recommend per se and I'm not into Bunker Buddies at all...that other show Travis does about like celebrity gossip and stuff was alright for a few eps but I unsubbed eventually, basically the optimal situation is having all the brothers together, and if papa McElroy is in the house then even better).
Kinda bummed because I've raced through most of the WHM catalogue now (well not really but I've still gotten through a lot of them). Are the Animation Damnation and other random special non-movie eps entertaining? Also did anyone ever listen to that conspiracy podcast show one of the dudes always talks about hosting that is apparently over now? How's that? I like the WHM dudes well enough.

The WHM Animation Damnation, mailbag, and on-screen episodes are good. They're more of the the same from the main episodes but in smaller ~30 minute packages.

Blame it on Outer Space, Eric Szyszka's side-podcast started out just talking about conspiracy theories and paranormal topics with sources from the internet but later on changed to having guests doing characters and some episodes having an audio play format, or at least that's what I've gathered from episode descriptions and the few I've checked out since unsubscribing after the first dozen episodes or so.

e: yeah, what he said ^^^

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

Sometimes Blame it On Outer Space is very boring, other times it has Szyszka saying Szyszka things, and because he is the funniest one on WHM, its good. It also has a :krad: theme.