Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
coronaball
Feb 6, 2005

You're finished, pork-o-nazi!

Freezer posted:

I'm being offered Steve Smith Sr. in exchange of Jeremy Maclin. Does this sound like a good idea? I have enough depth to go a few weeks without using Steve.
Absolutely not. Maclin is 7th in the NFL in WR yardage. More TDs will come. And we don't really know the full extent of Smith's injury yet.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

I'm taking some risks. Dropping Matt Jones for Duke Johnson, Jr. (after I spent like 400/1000 bucks on him. gently caress.) and dropping Carr (against Denver then a bye) for Blake Bortles (who will shine in what I like to call the Tampa Bay Tee Off). I also dropped Ebron now that Clay is going bananas. I'm almost off the Tevin Coleman train as well.

I really hope this doesn't backfire.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
My choice for QB this week is going to be Dalton (playing SEA) or Famous Jameis. Ick

dat one portagee
Dec 6, 2006

WAT DOIN BUG?
My choice is between Dalton and Tyrod...

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

dat one portagee posted:

My choice is between Dalton and Tyrod...

Tyrod plays the Titans, that's easy.

Tim started his brother in his fantasy league :3: He wanted to sell him to the Luck owner, lol.

MacheteZombie fucked around with this message at 20:30 on Oct 6, 2015

Suave Fedora
Jun 10, 2004

Gobias Ind. posted:

Landry is a way better get than Williams, even in the dogshit Miami offence.

I agree, and things can't really get worse in MIA, but I do see Jordan Cameron getting more involved since his new coach was the TE coach.

Suave Fedora
Jun 10, 2004
Thoughts?

BONERTIME trades Danny Woodhead, SD RB to SHITKABIBBLE
BONERTIME trades Jordan Cameron, Mia TE to SHITKABIBBLE
SHITKABIBBLE trades Travis Kelce, KC TE to BONERTIME
SHITKABIBBLE trades Shane Vereen, NYG RB to BONERTIME

I'm BONERTIME, and my current TEs are Ebron (dropping for Owen Daniels) and Jordan Cameron.
My RB depth is pretty good, with Woodhead and Spiller being my worst backs. Also have Dion, Forsett, Jamaal.

Tree Dude
May 26, 2012

AND MY SONG IS...
Gurley or Gio? Or Gurley AND Gio (Bench Gore)

Probably Gurley and bench Gio, right?

I like a Thursday RB

Gobias Ind.
Apr 5, 2007

If your girlfriend says hey to me that's our girlfriend now idc

Suave Fedora posted:

Thoughts?

BONERTIME trades Danny Woodhead, SD RB to SHITKABIBBLE
BONERTIME trades Jordan Cameron, Mia TE to SHITKABIBBLE
SHITKABIBBLE trades Travis Kelce, KC TE to BONERTIME
SHITKABIBBLE trades Shane Vereen, NYG RB to BONERTIME

I'm BONERTIME, and my current TEs are Ebron (dropping for Owen Daniels) and Jordan Cameron.
My RB depth is pretty good, with Woodhead and Spiller being my worst backs. Also have Dion, Forsett, Jamaal.

I like it. You're getting the best player and while Woodhead is a nice player, he's not week to week reliable and would rarely, if ever, start for your team.

e: I just swapped CJA/Eifert for Lamar Miller/Stevie as a Kelce owner. I've also got Hillman. I prefer the Miller side of the supremely disappointing RB swap and Eifert was wasted on my bench behind Kelce and with no W/R/T flex. Thoughts?

Gobias Ind. fucked around with this message at 20:40 on Oct 6, 2015

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

I'll tell you this much, Kelce is going to rebound for a gigantic game sooner rather than later.

Marshmallow Blue
Apr 25, 2010
so, with all the hullabaloo around DK and FD, should I still consider depositing a few bucks to screw around with?

Fight Club Sandwich
Apr 29, 2006

you want a piece of me???

Marshmallow Blue posted:

so, with all the hullabaloo around DK and FD, should I still consider depositing a few bucks to screw around with?

It's fine if you want to pay a few bucks to play for fun or whatever but you aren't good enough to win money playing daily fantasy football. The commericals annoy me enough to where i will never give them any money for anything

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN
I typically don't do same position trades but was just offered Joe Randle for Andre Ellington in .5 ppr league.

I know he's selling high on Randle but I'm not sure Ellington is that much better

Marshmallow Blue
Apr 25, 2010

Fight Club Sandwich posted:

It's fine if you want to pay a few bucks to play for fun or whatever but you aren't good enough to win money playing daily fantasy football. The commericals annoy me enough to where i will never give them any money for anything

I have 0 expectations of making even 50$, I am the lowest of low rollers.

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

the_american_dream posted:

I typically don't do same position trades but was just offered Joe Randle for Andre Ellington in .5 ppr league.

I know he's selling high on Randle but I'm not sure Ellington is that much better

Definitely take it, IMO.

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

the_american_dream posted:

Randle doesn't have any real competition despite what some sperglords on here say. Take it and don't look back. Ellington has a talented rookie and formerly talented veteran to spread the work around to as production traps.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
It's a good trade for you.

Duro
May 1, 2013

by Lowtax
So I asked someone to trade my healthy Boldin for his currently injured Watkins

Fair trade? If not, how can I try to spin it if he questions it?

He desperately needs a WR this week due to injuries and byes, and the only decent guys available on the waiver wire are Hurns and Austin

axelord
Dec 28, 2012

College Slice
Who would you like more for ROS J. Hill or J. Randle?

The X-man cometh
Nov 1, 2009
It's basically a no-brainer to dump Fred Jackson for Rawls, right?

Gobias Ind.
Apr 5, 2007

The X-man cometh posted:

It's basically a no-brainer to dump Fred Jackson for Rawls, right?

Yes.

Harold Cooplowski
Sep 11, 2013
Who wins in a trade of:

Jarvis Landry and Andre Ellington
for
Arian Foster and whatever shitlord I drop to make a roster space

Epi Lepi
Oct 29, 2009

You can hear the voice
Telling you to Love
It's the voice of MK Ultra
And you're doing what it wants
My receivers in a .5 PPR league right now are out (Dez, SSS) possibly hurt (Stevie Johnson) and unreliable (Mike Evans, Donte Moncrief). Maybe I'm selling Moncrief short, but I definitely don't trust him this week since he's playing TNF.

My top(I think) WW options are Hankerson, Allen Hurns, Doug Baldwin, and Tavon Austin. Do I grab any of those? I'm leaning Hankerson but I don't know.

MrSargent
Dec 23, 2003

Sometimes, there's a man, well, he's the man for his time and place. He fits right in there. And that's Jimmy T.

Harold Cooplowski posted:

Who wins in a trade of:

for

Team getting Foster wins for sure. Who knows how the Dolphins will look with the new HC. Ellington is in a 3-way timeshare, the Texans aren't going to get blown out every game by halftime and foster is still one of the best RBs in the league.

Arkane
Dec 19, 2006

by R. Guyovich

Who wins in a trade of:

for

Jarvis side in PPR by a lot. Only 3 players in the NFL have more targets than him: Julio, DeAndre & Demaryius.

Non-PPR it probably just depends on what you think of Arian Foster's chances to put up decent points for the lolTexans, and whether you have good enough RBs to play there. Ellington looks like he'll be in a 3-way RBBC for the time being, so I wouldn't trust him to do anything to justify a starter spot.

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

Epi Lepi posted:

My receivers in a .5 PPR league right now are out (Dez, SSS) possibly hurt (Stevie Johnson) and unreliable (Mike Evans, Donte Moncrief). Maybe I'm selling Moncrief short, but I definitely don't trust him this week since he's playing TNF.

My top(I think) WW options are Hankerson, Allen Hurns, Doug Baldwin, and Tavon Austin. Do I grab any of those? I'm leaning Hankerson but I don't know.

Without knowing league size or PPR vs standard, how you listed them is how I'd order them. Hankerson and Hurns are definitely worth rostering in most leagues, and should be useful for you. Both of them are quality options against teams that do a good job covering the WR1, and both should give you decent consistent points weekly (especially in PPR) to wait out your other receivers getting their poo poo together.

Harold Cooplowski
Sep 11, 2013

MrSargent posted:

Team getting Foster wins for sure. Who knows how the Dolphins will look with the new HC. Ellington is in a 3-way timeshare, the Texans aren't going to get blown out every game by halftime and foster is still one of the best RBs in the league.

Arkane posted:

Jarvis side in PPR by a lot. Only 3 players in the NFL have more targets than him: Julio, DeAndre & Demaryius.

Non-PPR it probably just depends on what you think of Arian Foster's chances to put up decent points for the lolTexans, and whether you have good enough RBs to play there. Ellington looks like he'll be in a 3-way RBBC for the time being, so I wouldn't trust him to do anything to justify a starter spot.

0.5PPR. It seems to come down to how much I like Landry.

Which isn't a ton, but I'm STACKED at RB.

MrSargent
Dec 23, 2003

Sometimes, there's a man, well, he's the man for his time and place. He fits right in there. And that's Jimmy T.

0.5PPR. It seems to come down to how much I like Landry.

Which isn't a ton, but I'm STACKED at RB.

One thing that scares me about Landry is that while he has been a target machine, the Dolphins offense has been ridiculously unbalanced (4:1 pass to run ratio last game). This is pure speculation but if I had to wager a guess, I would expect them to be a tad more balanced going forward. Asking Ryan Tannehill to throw the ball 44 times a game isn't really working out so well so I don't see Landry sustaining that number of targets. Please take this with a grain of salt because I have no evidence to support that they will be more balanced and try to run more but its one of the most noticeable deficiencies in their offense.

That being said, if you are stacked at RB, you could do a LOT worse than picking up Landry as a WR2. I don't like the Ellington part of that deal because in my opinion, he has little to no value and is just there so you are getting 2 players in the deal which IN THEORY means its more balanced. Its not.

MrSargent fucked around with this message at 22:12 on Oct 6, 2015

Arkane
Dec 19, 2006

by R. Guyovich
Question on who I should be prioritizing for waivers.

12-team, .5 PPR

QB - Brees
WR - A. Brown, Randall Cobb, Odell
TE - Gronk
RB - Freeman, Woodhead
Flex - Nelson Agholor (WR)
Bench - Chris Johnson (RB)
Bench - Tevin Coleman (Handcuff RB)
Bench - Michael Floyd (WR)
Bench - Derek Carr (QB)
2 empty roster spots due to recent trade + Kickah/DST

My team is obv dominant at WR, but I need to upgrade my FLEX spot and Woodhead is a little hit or miss in the second RB spot. Chris Johnson gonna probably become worthless real quickly.

Available on the waiver wires (which is done via AUCTION) are...Hurns, Snead, Aiken, Duke Johnson, Chris Thompson.

Right now I am thinking of picking up 1 each of a WR & RB, and prioritizing my WR bidding as Hurns, Snead, Aiken, and the RB bidding as Duke Johnson and then Thompson. With Bilal Powell as a back-up option (he'll pass through waivers I am guessing). Thoughts on that gameplan? Should I drop Carr and go for a third player? Brees has been shaky and I like Carr the best of any of the waiver QBs.

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

I have Dalton or Wilson who do I start? Leaning towards Dalton

Papes
Apr 13, 2010

There's always something at the bottom of the bag.

Marshmallow Blue posted:

It's fun and there is a lot of dead money during nfl season. The only downside is that it encourages them to continue their awful advertising.

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

MrSargent posted:

One thing that scares me about Landry is that while he has been a target machine, the Dolphins offense has been ridiculously unbalanced (4:1 pass to run ratio last game). This is pure speculation but if I had to wager a guess, I would expect them to be a tad more balanced going forward. Asking Ryan Tannehill to throw the ball 44 times a game isn't really working out so well so I don't see Landry sustaining that number of targets. Please take this with a grain of salt because I have no evidence to support that they will be more balanced and try to run more but its one of the most noticeable deficiencies in their offense.

That being said, if you are stacked at RB, you could do a LOT worse than picking up Landry as a WR2. I don't like the Ellington part of that deal because in my opinion, he has little to no value and is just there so you are getting 2 players in the deal which IN THEORY means its more balanced. Its not.

This all sounds reasonable to me too. Main thing is since op doesn't need Ellington, target a better WR straight up for Foster. Lots of teams should be hurting for startable RBs, and Foster should land at the very least a solid WR1 if you wait a week and he has a good or great game. If you trade him now, I'd still wager you could grab a WR putting up better numbers than Landry that doesn't have the same concern with passing game inefficiency and targets inevitably going down at least a bit.

Gobias Ind.
Apr 5, 2007

Gobias Ind. posted:

Drop Matt Jones for Duke Johnson? Morris looked better on Sunday and even Chris Thompson outperformed Jones. Standard scoring.

Anyone that watched the Washington game have any thoughts on Jones? Is he worth holding?

poly and open-minded
Nov 22, 2006

In BOD we trust

was offered a trade: my marshawn for his randle and decker no ppr 14 man league 2 flex. i think this is a good trade for me (my WRs right now are Alshon, Desean, Anquan and Landry). what do you guys think?

Suave Fedora
Jun 10, 2004

Gobias Ind. posted:

I like it. You're getting the best player and while Woodhead is a nice player, he's not week to week reliable and would rarely, if ever, start for your team.

e: I just swapped CJA/Eifert for Lamar Miller/Stevie as a Kelce owner. I've also got Hillman. I prefer the Miller side of the supremely disappointing RB swap and Eifert was wasted on my bench behind Kelce and with no W/R/T flex. Thoughts?

I like it. It fixes a need and takes from a positin of strength. I also believe Hillman becomes the back to own in DEN for ROS.

Suave Fedora
Jun 10, 2004

RBX posted:

I have Dalton or Wilson who do I start? Leaning towards Dalton

Dalt

MrSargent
Dec 23, 2003

I need an upgrade at WR2 with Stevie out and Golden Tate not doing much. I am trying to package something like Doug Martin/Tate or Lamar Miller/Tate ( I think I could sell higher on Dmart now than Miller). What could I realistically shoot for in terms of a WR2? I was thinking of targeting the following WR's but let me know if I am crazy for thinking I could get them or crazy for wanting them.

Donte Moncrief - The only bright spot on the Colts offense has looked good so far and is PRK#13 in 0.5PPR
Alshon Jefferey - His owner might be willing to sell low on him since he has been out for 3 games now. I realize this might be a stretch but the owner is also 1-3.

Anyone else I should target?

pjhalifax
May 29, 2004

love boat captain

Gobias Ind. posted:

Anyone that watched the Washington game have any thoughts on Jones? Is he worth holding?
I’ve watched most of the Skins games this year and predicting when they’re going to feature Morris or Jones is going to be tough. Could be match ups, or how guys look on a particular day. A Post article this week mentioned that the RB coach (Randy Jordan) determines which back goes in on a series based on each guy looks that day. John Keim on ESPN just wrote that they expect Morris to get 65% of the carries…it’s all guessing to me.

I’m not sure Thompson is that big of a threat to make it a true 3-way RBBC — he had a 40+ yard run on a draw play that might make his Philly stats a little misleading, and he seems to be limited to 3rd downs rather than staying in for an entire series. Then again, Gruden & Co. seem to shift preferences on the fly so who knows what’ll happen next.

Anyway, I’d stash Jones away if I could — he’s as explosive as folks say — but I’m in a league that allows a lot of bench/IR spots so people hoard RBs like crazy. Someone drafted Jones late and he’s never hit the waiver wire.

Having said that, I don’t know much about Duke Johnson other than him taking more and more snaps away from Crowell, who I have and can’t figure out (except that he kinda sucks, I guess). So Johnson could very well be the better bet over Jones.

edit -- I realized I didn't answer your question directly re: Jones vs. Philly. None of the RBs looked that great until Morris woke up during the last drive, TBH. Wasn't Jones' day but he might tear up Atlanta.

pjhalifax fucked around with this message at 01:23 on Oct 7, 2015

MalleusDei
Mar 21, 2007

How do I win with this team (0-4 in a 1-ppr league):

QB: Mariota (Had Romo)
RBs: E. Lacy, L. Murray
WRs: M. Evans, A. Boldin
TE: K. Rudolph
Flex: G. Bernard
D: Had the Panthers, which wasn't great until last week.
K: Streaming, been fine
Bench: A. Jeffery, VJax, D. McFadden, D. Baldwin, R. Matthews. A. Andrews

Last week I lost 'cause I started Evans instead of Jackson (lost by 10, Vjax put up 30, Evans put up 6). There's not a lot of guys available on the wire, and some of the folks are pretty active, so picking guys up weekly can be tough.

Edit: I have a history of sucking in this league, I went 3-10 in the regular season last year, but won out in the loser's playoff bracket.

MalleusDei fucked around with this message at 01:07 on Oct 7, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

antisocial
May 26, 2004

Only pretending to be the world's worst poster!
Keep it on the down low (down low)
Nobody has to know...
I need a RB he needs a WR. 10 team no ppr.

Offer came in of his Foster for my Megatron

I have Hilton, Keenan Allen, and Amari Cooper, Steve Smith and Stevie Johnson behind Megatron.

I'm thinking I'm selling Megatron too low but I have a lot of good depth behind him...

• Locked thread