Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

NotJesus posted:

Or, even better, use the third dimension :)

I'm in love

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

ponzicar posted:

He probably posts here.

wasn't me, my bernie stuff hasn't arrived to match my trump hat yet

Montasque
Jul 18, 2003

Living in a hateful world sending me straight to Heaven

NotJesus posted:

This is the best one yet. Fantastic stuff.

Montasque fucked around with this message at 23:39 on Oct 6, 2015

Hobnob
Feb 23, 2006

Ursa Adorandum

Edward Tufte is spinning in his grave (that he is in after the massive coronary he suffered after reading this thread).

Patter Song
Mar 26, 2010

Hereby it is manifest that during the time men live without a common power to keep them all in awe, they are in that condition which is called war; and such a war as is of every man against every man.
Fun Shoe
For what it's worth, have Morning Consult! (Morning Consult was set up in 2013 and has no track record in Presidential races, so caveat emptor etc)

Clinton 48
Sanders 27
Chafee 2
O' Malley 1
Webb 1

Trump 31
Carson 13
Rubio 10
Bush 7
Fiorina 6
Rubio 6
Cruz 5
Christie 4
Kasich 4
Paul 3
Huckabee 2
Graham 1
Pataki 1
Santorum 1
Jindal 0

Chamale
Jul 11, 2010

I'm helping!

skaboomizzy posted:

Bobby Jindal is a walking hemorrhoid.

Jindal is not afraid to tell a grieving father that he failed as a parent.

Top Bunk Wanker
Jan 31, 2005

Top Trump Anger

skaboomizzy posted:

Bobby Jindal has some things to say about the Oregon shooting, everyone.

Bobby Jindal is a walking hemorrhoid.

He's not wrong.

stephenfry
Nov 3, 2009

I AM AN IDIOT.
I AM AN IDIOT.
I AM AN IDIOT.
I AM AN IDIOT.
I AM AN IDIOT.
I AM AN IDIOT.
I AM AN IDIOT.
I AM AN IDIOT.

Top Bunk Wanker posted:

He's not wrong.
You'll have to be more granular in your claim, because it's trivially obvious that every moment Jindal spends not ripping his tie off, throwing it to the ground, and running off screaming to change his name and switch careers is one of spectacular wrongness. You've presumably taken one small claim of his and framed it particularly. Share?

Montasque
Jul 18, 2003

FOX NEWS latest attack on Donald Trump is on his love of Eminent Domain. They're going to drop this on him as much as possible since it really cuts against his populist appeal.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vera_Coking

Trump is one of the bad guys from UP!

NotJesus
Jan 17, 2007

Montasque posted:

This is the best one yet.
No, the best one is still Milk Malk's pie chart about Trump's tax plan. :allears:

NotJesus fucked around with this message at 23:57 on Oct 6, 2015

Something Else
Dec 27, 2004

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

Patter Song posted:

For what it's worth, have Morning Consult! (Morning Consult was set up in 2013 and has no track record in Presidential races, so caveat emptor etc)

Clinton 48
Sanders 27
Chafee 2
O' Malley 1
Webb 1

Biden excluded, clearly not a credible poll

AARP LARPer
Feb 19, 2005

THE DARK SIDE OF SCIENCE BREEDS A WEAPON OF WAR

Buglord

AARP LARPer fucked around with this message at 05:19 on Jan 22, 2016

pathetic little tramp
Dec 12, 2005

by Hillary Clinton's assassins
Fallen Rib

Josh Lyman posted:

None of the knockoffs on Ebay or Amazon are any good, so I'm gonna pony up the $25 for the real deal.

But do I get in navy or gold lettering? I think he's usually been seen wearing navy but the gold is so luxurious.

Where's it gold? I see blue on black.

AARP LARPer
Feb 19, 2005

THE DARK SIDE OF SCIENCE BREEDS A WEAPON OF WAR

Buglord

AARP LARPer fucked around with this message at 05:19 on Jan 22, 2016

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

Carson...stop talking keep talking

quote:

Noting that he had grown up in "the slums of Detroit," where he saw gun violence and, as a doctor, he had spent "many a night pulling bullets out of bodies," Carson said, "There is no doubt that this senseless violence is breathtaking — but I never saw a body with bullet holes that was more devastating than taking the right to arm ourselves away."

http://talkingpointsmemo.com/livewire/ben-carson-bullet-holes-gun-rights

Dahbadu
Aug 22, 2004

Reddit has helpfully advised me that I look like a "15 year old fortnite boi"

Montasque posted:

FOX NEWS latest attack on Donald Trump is on his love of Eminent Domain. They're going to drop this on him as much as possible since it really cuts against his populist appeal.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vera_Coking

Trump is one of the bad guys from UP!

Does Fox ever give him positive coverage anymore? If so, what's a ballpark percentage for negative and positive (e.g. 60 negative, 40 positive). And what anchors seem to be pro Trump vs anti Trump?

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

kissekatt posted:

Gold. How could you even ask?
I asked my mildly politically-aware friend which whether to get white/navy or white/gold and he said, "Doesn't Trump wear a red hat?" :negative:

BIG PUFFY NIPS
Mar 7, 2007

College Slice

Ben Carson posted:

but I never saw a body with bullet holes that was more devastating than taking the right to arm ourselves away
oh my...

stephenfry posted:

You'll have to be more granular in your claim, because it's trivially obvious that every moment Jindal spends not ripping his tie off, throwing it to the ground, and running off screaming to change his name and switch careers is one of spectacular wrongness. You've presumably taken one small claim of his and framed it particularly. Share?

Personally id hope that as the father of someone who committed a serious crime he might feel guilty for the actions of the person he created and raised or chose not to raise and if he had any public message that it would be one of contrition. Blaming gun laws seems like a pretty brazen deflection of that guilt even if he is right about the role those laws played.

Smoothrich
Nov 8, 2009
Probation
Can't post for 2 years!

Dahbadu posted:

Does Fox ever give him positive coverage anymore? If so, what's a ballpark percentage for negative and positive (e.g. 60 negative, 40 positive). And what anchors seem to be pro Trump vs anti Trump?

Hannity loves Trump. BIll O'Reilley gives him "tough-love" to make him a more mainstream Republican candidate and seems to take him seriously while acknowledging his flaws.. Fox and Friends much like MSNBC's Morning Joe all worship Trump's frequent phone chats that he probably does while taking a poo poo every day or something and calling the networks to provide commentary on every headline and candidly answer every question asked. Megyn Kelly and faceless pundits seem to be spinning every poll that crosses their desks as Proof that Trumpmania has ended.

So it seems that the Fox News personalities that actually are permitted to have personal editorial bias all want to Make America Great Again, but the Roger Ailes robots are still spouting mouthpiece establishment crap.

Top Bunk Wanker posted:

He's not wrong.

Agreed.

Smoothrich fucked around with this message at 00:34 on Oct 7, 2015

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

Jindal

quote:

We have generations of young boys who were raised on video games where they compete with other young boys around the country and the world to see who can kill the most humans. We make it so fun, so realistic, so sensational.
Oh, we make sure that we stop them from bullying at school, but we are completely fine with them watching people get murdered and raped on the internet after school, and we are willing to let them go to the basement and join a fantasy world where they pretend they are killing people for 2 hours after school.

:dogbutton:

nachos
Jun 27, 2004

Wario Chalmers! WAAAAAAAAAAAAA!

jfc what is wrong with you Carson

Dahbadu
Aug 22, 2004

Smoothrich posted:

Hannity loves Trump. BIll O'Reilley gives him "tough-love" to make him a more mainstream Republican candidate and seems to take him seriously while acknowledging his flaws.. Fox and Friends much like MSNBC's Morning Joe all worship Trump's frequent phone chats that he probably does while taking a poo poo every day or something and calling the networks to provide commentary on every headline and candidly answer every question asked. Megyn Kelly and faceless pundits seem to be spinning every poll that crosses their desks as Proof that Trumpmania has ended.

So it seems that the Fox News personalities that actually are permitted to have personal editorial bias all want to Make America Great Again, but the Roger Ailes robots are still spouting mouthpiece establishment crap.

Thanks for the info. Good to know.

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.
that 3d chart would be good enough for a political cartoon

Oiled and Ready
Oct 11, 2004

He wished it could be as respectable and orthodox as spying. But somehow in his hands the traditional tools and attitudes were always employed toward mean ends: cloak for a laundry sack, dagger to peel potatoes, dossiers to fill up dead Sunday afternoons ...

Wait...TRUMP ICE....like I.C.E.? Intentional?

BIG PUFFY NIPS
Mar 7, 2007

College Slice

nachos posted:

jfc what is wrong with you Carson

Question: Would it be worse if this was a craven political move to keep his "legit crazy" base support or if he unironically thought this? I could go either way personally...

Top Bunk Wanker
Jan 31, 2005

Top Trump Anger

stephenfry posted:

I don't understand the question.

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

Patter Song posted:

Clinton 48
Sanders 27
Chafee 2
O' Malley 1
Webb 1

Trump 31
Carson 13
Rubio 10
Bush 7
Fiorina 6
Rubio 6
Cruz 5
Christie 4
Kasich 4
Paul 3
Huckabee 2
Graham 1
Pataki 1
Santorum 1
Jindal 0

Congrats to Rubio for making the poll twice.

Smoothrich
Nov 8, 2009
Probation
Can't post for 2 years!

Dahbadu posted:

Thanks for the info. Good to know.

Glenn Beck has appeared on Hannity asking "Does anyone else realize that Trump isn't really a conservative? He's a lifelong Democrat.. he supported single-payer health care.. he gave money to Clinton.. He doesn't even OBEY THE CONSTITUTION!!!" with madman paranoia that everyone else just ignores. Poor Glenn Beck. I see him like a Cato who was overly principled in a world he felt was rife with hypocrisy to the point of bringing great shame upon himself. Hannity was just like "Yeah sure but.. he's gonna build a loving wall!" which I think was Trump's entire strategy for getting Republicans to support him off the bat, based on Ann Coulter's latest book on immigration that claimed Republicans would rally around anyone who took a hardline stance on illegal immigration. Ted Cruz and Ann Coulter are two of the most intelligent and articulate ardent defenders of American Conservatism that a huge amount of Republican voters highly admire and they both endorse Trump as a Real American because of his focus on immigration (and the economy to a lesser extent) and just ignore everything else about him.

Conservative authors, radio, and websites that are not Fox News are all pro-Trump, and his speeches and interviews are real popular on Youtube and exceed max capacity at every venue he's appearing at all over the country. Any "mainstream media" article that is anti-Trump with a comment section is full of people calling them establishment shills that represent Congress and Corporate America's interests over actual Americans' interests, which is why Trump is actually so popular. Illegal immigration is seen as another avenue for corporate welfare that both parties ignore in order to give big companies cheap labor, not just picking fruit but in restaurants or as custodians and many other jobs. High unemployment amongst younger African-Americans is widely seen, correlated by studies, as being driven in part by "undocumented workers" filling those jobs nowadays instead of urban poor black people or anyone without college educations or skills.

If you are stuck in a "left-wing media bubble" (which exists, even if Jon Stewart never did a segment on it because he was part of it) you'd think Trump supporters are illiterate rabidly racist neo-nationalist scumbags, instead of millions of "middle-class" Americans who are poor as poo poo nowadays and can't find full-time jobs with benefits or have their own small business ventures turning completely unprofitable.

Montasque
Jul 18, 2003

Dahbadu posted:

Yes, they give him positive coverage, the break down would be 60/40 negative to positive, but this a recent shift. A few weeks ago it was constant Trump bashing, the only exceptions were Hannity, O'Reilly, and Van Susteren. Lately things have changed, and even Krauthammer, and shockingly Megyn Kelly, are easing up on Trump.

Pro Trump = Hannity
Neutral = Bill O'Reilly, Greta Van Susteren, Fox and Friends. The goofs on the 5(Some are anti, some are pro), and Greg Gutfeld,
Anti-Trump = Everyone else.

Smoothrich
Nov 8, 2009
Probation
Can't post for 2 years!

Montasque posted:

Yes, they give him positive coverage, the break down would be 60/40 negative to positive, but this a recent shift. A few weeks ago it was constant Trump bashing, the only exceptions were Hannity, O'Reilly, and Van Susteren. Lately things have changed, and even Krauthammer, and shockingly Megyn Kelly, are easing up on Trump.

Pro Trump = Hannity
Neutral = Bill O'Reilly, Greta Van Susteren, Fox and Friends. The goofs on the 5(Some are anti, some are pro), and Greg Gutfeld,
Anti-Trump = Everyone else.

Probably because he released a tax plan that was all cuts. Tough on immigration and not raising taxes = Real American instead of RINO

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

NotJesus posted:

This is some next level poo poo right here

Dahbadu
Aug 22, 2004

Smooth and Mont, thanks again. Really appreciate the breakdowns.

Yoshi Wins
Jul 14, 2013

Goldmine.

Montasque
Jul 18, 2003

Smoothrich posted:

Probably because he released a tax plan that was all cuts. Tough on immigration and not raising taxes = Real American instead of RINO

The tax plan sure, but that was part of the over-all strategy to pivot into a more 'electable' candidate.

I also think Ailes knows Trump=ratings and wants to keep those money checks rolling in so he's told his attack dogs to cool down. Even Megyn Kelly did a report defending Melania Trump, and Krauthammer has been kinda of praising Trump's political acumen lately.

As far as your point on talk radio, Rush, Levin, and Savage are in the tank for Trump and Cruz, and can't stand the rest of them. I think Hannity likes Trump, but he's a Rubio guy at heart. I bet he wants Rubio to come down to his dojo where they can roll on the mats naked for a few hours.

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

SMILLENNIALSMILLEN
Jun 26, 2009

Holy poo poo lmfao, I'll catch the next one. :aaaaa:

Chamale
Jul 11, 2010

I'm helping!

katlington posted:

Holy poo poo lmfao, I'll catch the next one. :aaaaa:

"I would probably have so many things on my agenda that I would go to the next one."

To me it sounds like he was saying that he would go to the next engagement on his agenda, not taking time out of his schedule to visit shooting victims. You'd have to really contort his words to think he meant the next mass shooting.

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

Trump claims to have never smoked or drank. Is he secretly straight edge?

NotJesus
Jan 17, 2007

Josh Lyman posted:

Possible; he is also guilty of being white.

EDIT: But a major, yooge threat.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Smoothrich
Nov 8, 2009
Probation
Can't post for 2 years!
I read one of Ben Carson's books recently and he reads like an articulate, deep-thinking, compassionate guy with lots of intelligence and many anecdotes drawn from his life story to spin into examples of principled leadership and traditional family values. I disagree with him on many things but its hard not to respect him.

Then you watch or listen to him television and he seems like a loving idiot lmao. Dude just is not media-savvy at all

Josh Lyman posted:

Its not a secret that his brother died from alcoholism.

• Locked thread