Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CidGregor
Sep 27, 2009

TG: if i were you i would just take that fucking devilbeast out behind the woodshed and blow its head off

Maxwell Adams posted:

How is the new 5* character not Phoenix/Dark Phoenix? The powers make sense for her. She's a team player until she loses it, then everything burns. How is Logan even on the same level as Silver Surfer? He doesn't have cosmic power, all he can do is stab stuff with his claws.

It's probably less about power level and more about Wolverine being a huge flagship character for Marvel in general.

Having said that I'm sure Phoenix Jean will also eventually be added and will be a 5* character.

Scyantific posted:

I have everyone but Jean Grey. Welp

Same. I hope she's not the one who's essential for two nodes instead of everyone else's one.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sefer
Sep 2, 2006
Not supposed to be here today

Maxwell Adams posted:

How is the new 5* character not Phoenix/Dark Phoenix? The powers make sense for her. She's a team player until she loses it, then everything burns. How is Logan even on the same level as Silver Surfer? He doesn't have cosmic power, all he can do is stab stuff with his claws.

How is Juggernaut a 1* and Kingpin a 4*? Power level in comics almost never correlates to number of stars in this game.

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

Making Wolverine a 5* is a good decision in terms of cash. People like Wolverine so the majority of whales are going "GOTTA HAVE THAT LOGAN HNNNGGG" and will probably drop a ton of cash on tokens to try and fill him out.

S.W.O.R.D. Agent
Apr 30, 2012

Scyantific posted:

Making Wolverine a 5* is a good decision in terms of cash. People like Wolverine so the majority of whales are going "GOTTA HAVE THAT LOGAN HNNNGGG" and will probably drop a ton of cash on tokens to try and fill him out.

This is accurate. Old Man Logan will be the "real" wolverine of the Marvel (comic) universe as soon as Secret Wars wrap up and all of the new books launch. Making OML a 5* character is just homogenizing the game with the current state of the 616 comic universe.

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"
Is Bobby a creepy sociopathic goblin in 616 now, too?

Weserubung
Nov 8, 2008

CidGregor posted:

Got you two in. I can still clear two more spots if needed, still a couple of people who haven't played in over a month, just let me know.

Can I get in on this? Game name Aeneas

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
I didn't notice there was a specific thread for this, but what's up with the Under the Sea mission in Deadpools Daily? The first 4 are reasonable enemies that I can now get past with taking almost no damage, but then the second set, I'll get at least one hero defeated instantly because the AI's hero tends to spam out AP abilities like mad. Even attacking with 3 level 40 heroes will at least near maxed out abilities I've only ever been able to get past it once.

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"
Goons generate ap passively, sometimes more than they can use per turn. This leads to ap being stockpiled, and when you kill the last goon in the first wave with a match your turn ends and the ai hero in the second wave is free to start their turn with access to that mountain of ap. Sounds like you're still using one stars so what you wanna do is save your ap during the first wave, kill the last goon with a skill so that your turn doesn't end, then immediately use black widow stun on the hero. From there it should be pretty simple to mop up that wave as well.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Hahahahah 4 Wolverines this is loving amazing.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

AnonSpore posted:

Goons generate ap passively, sometimes more than they can use per turn. This leads to ap being stockpiled, and when you kill the last goon in the first wave with a match your turn ends and the ai hero in the second wave is free to start their turn with access to that mountain of ap. Sounds like you're still using one stars so what you wanna do is save your ap during the first wave, kill the last goon with a skill so that your turn doesn't end, then immediately use black widow stun on the hero. From there it should be pretty simple to mop up that wave as well.

Yea, I have 2 star Thor, and 1 star Widow and Hawkeye as the team that's my highest level characters. I've tried to save as much AP as possible, and especially with Widow's blue ability, because the only time I managed to fully complete it I was able to do exactly that.

I figured a lot of the issues was that I still had one star characters. I guess just keep playing.

CidGregor
Sep 27, 2009

TG: if i were you i would just take that fucking devilbeast out behind the woodshed and blow its head off

Weserubung posted:

Can I get in on this? Game name Aeneas

Yeah sure, I opened a slot for you, go ahead and join and I'll approve you.

SectumSempra
Jun 22, 2011

Bi-Han now we've got Bad Blood

Jesus christ I don't understand how you guys can stand this stupid rear end system of pvp where even off season I get attacked enough to need 10 health packs to go from 600 to 650, and the game always seems a bit more cascade happy when I have 0 health packs.

I guess after getting a red carnage from the first i shouldn't push my luck on a second token. Was just trying to get to 800 for my first colossus. Don't even like him, definitely not getting my first deadpool red here either. Lost 63 just typing this.

I need a roster Fast forward button.

SectumSempra fucked around with this message at 04:13 on Oct 7, 2015

SectumSempra
Jun 22, 2011

twistedmentat posted:

I didn't notice there was a specific thread for this, but what's up with the Under the Sea mission in Deadpools Daily? The first 4 are reasonable enemies that I can now get past with taking almost no damage, but then the second set, I'll get at least one hero defeated instantly because the AI's hero tends to spam out AP abilities like mad. Even attacking with 3 level 40 heroes will at least near maxed out abilities I've only ever been able to get past it once.

If and when you bump into storm wearing white (classic storm) use build her up with 5 blue, 5 green and 3 yellow.

End the rounds on a power so you go first and try to freeze the next group.

Try to avoid using powers on the first set of goony enemies.

part is 1 star characters, but the bigger part is all enemy waves in this game to my knowledge are set up in an goon wave, characters, goon wave, characters, sort of way. You have to fight all ending rounds with powers and freezing when you can.

SectumSempra fucked around with this message at 04:20 on Oct 7, 2015

SectumSempra
Jun 22, 2011

CidGregor posted:

Yeah sure, I opened a slot for you, go ahead and join and I'll approve you.

If it's not too much trouble and my rosters not too lovely can I get in on this too?

I'm Boonquetta

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

SectumSempra posted:

Jesus christ I don't understand how you guys can stand this stupid rear end system of pvp where even off season I get attacked enough to need 10 health packs to go from 600 to 650, and the game always seems a bit more cascade happy when I have 0 health packs.

I guess after getting a red carnage from the first i shouldn't push my luck on a second token. Was just trying to get to 800 for my first colossus. Don't even like him, definitely not getting my first deadpool red here either. Lost 63 just typing this.

I need a roster Fast forward button.

https://d3go.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=33283 This won't magically solve all your problems, but it's a decent read.

SectumSempra
Jun 22, 2011

AnonSpore posted:

https://d3go.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=33283 This won't magically solve all your problems, but it's a decent read.

Sadly I'm only 2 star. So every team is auto- storm mags featured unless a 3 star like clops is boosted. And I don't have the HP at the moment.

I get the ideas behind higher end pvp, I just wish it wasn't gated behind a 3 star roster, and I'm hoping I can get into 4 star before that becomes the new normal, doubt I'm on any kill lists, it's just 600 may be a lot for my lil dudes, especially with people aiming for that green carnage (that I already have 3 of :smug:)

SectumSempra fucked around with this message at 04:42 on Oct 7, 2015

bouncyman
Oct 27, 2009
Gonna recruit for the upcoming Galactus event. Have at least three spots open. Let me know if you want a spot. Alliance name is Bounce House. We're mostly 3 starred up.

Helical Nightmares
Apr 30, 2009

bouncyman posted:

Gonna recruit for the upcoming Galactus event. Have at least three spots open. Let me know if you want a spot. Alliance name is Bounce House. We're mostly 3 starred up.

Applying as Virulent.

gibsonisacripple
Feb 24, 2001

CHAMPIONS

bouncyman posted:

Applied as g4rg4r. Not played much recently but have a good roster and want to hammer this Galactus event.

spacejerk
Dec 31, 2003

bouncyman posted:

Joined as fartmom

CidGregor
Sep 27, 2009

SectumSempra posted:

If it's not too much trouble and my rosters not too lovely can I get in on this too?

I'm Boonquetta

Yeah I've added you too. I don't really care how far along you are or anything and I don't enforce competing for alliance rewards in PvE/Season brackets, as long as you participate I'm happy. Before I realized the previous commander had left and appointed me, I was starting to wonder why the daily participation iso bonus had dropped down to like 100-110 on average. It's a good thing this event coming up prompted me to actually look at the roster again, I didn't even know it had updated to show how long people had been gone from the game, and half a dozen people being away for month or more sure explained things.

But yeah, the nice thing about this event is that it's not universally competitive, it's just internal to the alliance, so as long as everyone just participates we should do fine.

--

Unrelatedly, has any official art come out yet for the new 4* characters in this event? I'm kinda curious if "classic" Cyclops means old condom-head Cyke or 90's cartoon Cyke. I'm hoping it's the latter, and given that 'classic' storm is her 90's cartoon design, I'm betting it's the same here, but I'm curious anyway, and after the uncanny valley that was Iceman's art, I'm wary of just how bad a condom-head Cyke could be.

CidGregor fucked around with this message at 15:45 on Oct 7, 2015

Retrowave Joe
Jul 20, 2001

It's classic 90s Jim Lee Cyke

fishtobaskets
Feb 22, 2007

It's not about butthole pleasures
Lipstick Apathy

CidGregor posted:

Unrelatedly, has any official art come out yet for the new 4* characters in this event? I'm kinda curious if "classic" Cyclops means old condom-head Cyke or 90's cartoon Cyke. I'm hoping it's the latter, and given that 'classic' storm is her 90's cartoon design, I'm betting it's the same here, but I'm curious anyway, and after the uncanny valley that was Iceman's art, I'm wary of just how bad a condom-head Cyke could be.

S.W.O.R.D. Agent
Apr 30, 2012

CidGregor posted:

Yeah I've added you too. I don't really care how far along you are or anything and I don't enforce competing for alliance rewards in PvE/Season brackets, as long as you participate I'm happy. Before I realized the previous commander had left and appointed me, I was starting to wonder why the daily participation iso bonus had dropped down to like 100-110 on average. It's a good thing this event coming up prompted me to actually look at the roster again, I didn't even know it had updated to show how long people had been gone from the game, and half a dozen people being away for month or more sure explained things.

But yeah, the nice thing about this event is that it's not universally competitive, it's just internal to the alliance, so as long as everyone just participates we should do fine.

Got any more spots available? If so, I'm under the user name horsefeathers.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

SectumSempra posted:

If and when you bump into storm wearing white (classic storm) use build her up with 5 blue, 5 green and 3 yellow.

End the rounds on a power so you go first and try to freeze the next group.

Try to avoid using powers on the first set of goony enemies.

part is 1 star characters, but the bigger part is all enemy waves in this game to my knowledge are set up in an goon wave, characters, goon wave, characters, sort of way. You have to fight all ending rounds with powers and freezing when you can.

I have 90s Storm, but heroic tokens are pretty scarce and I tend to get new characters rather than enhancing old ones. I don't mind too much because I at least got Squirrel Girl from one. And yea, Widow is by far the best for the daily because her stun blue power isn't too hard to build up and 5 turns is a lot.

Though i can't really do anything when the ai gets a cascade of matches that hit for 1800 damage in total. Also, its kind of bullshit the ai gets to use their team ups multiple times when you can only use yours once.

SectumSempra
Jun 22, 2011

CidGregor posted:

--

Thanks, good to hear, I'm on daily at this point because if I'm not i'm missing out on the one sure fire 3 star a day, and the faster I get the daily progression up the better, some semi useful covers have been popping up like weekly.

The cyclops art is entirely redrawn over current, so it's just same poses in blue and yellow digs with hair.
Even the gratuitous butt pose.

twistedmentat posted:

I have 90s Storm, but heroic tokens are pretty scarce and I tend to get new characters rather than enhancing old ones. I don't mind too much because I at least got Squirrel Girl from one. And yea, Widow is by far the best for the daily because her stun blue power isn't too hard to build up and 5 turns is a lot.

Though i can't really do anything when the ai gets a cascade of matches that hit for 1800 damage in total. Also, its kind of bullshit the ai gets to use their team ups multiple times when you can only use yours once.

Yeah the cascading enemies thing never really improves, buy you've got the idea.
Consider keeping juggernaut around, after you get 3 2 stars, you won't really need any other 1 star besides him. I don't know anything about 1 star spidey yet.

CidGregor
Sep 27, 2009

S.W.O.R.D. Agent posted:

Got any more spots available? If so, I'm under the user name horsefeathers.

Let me get back to you on that, I'm full at the moment but there's still one more person who has been out for more than two weeks. I'm not eager to kick someone after a window quite that small, but if they haven't checked in by the start of the event I'll make a spot for you.

Check with Bounce House in the meantime, though, sounds like they're recruiting too and they may have an opening right now.

twistedmentat posted:

I'm pretty sure they can only use their team up power once per battle. It's just that they get one EVERY battle and won't hesitate to use it.

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

The AI also prioritizes team ap at the same level as its other high-priority ap colors, so it seems like they get more teamups off simply because they don't avoid it like players do.

Robin357Lazarus
Jul 5, 2008

Are there any guides for new players? I got this game via iOS and have no idea what I should be doing with my Iso-8s and hero coins. At the moment, I've invested my Iso-8s to any hero that I'm capable of leveling and my hero coins to roster space.

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

Techniichan posted:

Are there any guides for new players? I got this game via iOS and have no idea what I should be doing with my Iso-8s and hero coins. At the moment, I've invested my Iso-8s to any hero that I'm capable of leveling and my hero coins to roster space.

Sounds about right. By the time you're in the position to spend your HP on anything but roster space, chances are you'll know what you're doing anyway.

S.W.O.R.D. Agent
Apr 30, 2012

CidGregor posted:

Let me get back to you on that, I'm full at the moment but there's still one more person who has been out for more than two weeks. I'm not eager to kick someone after a window quite that small, but if they haven't checked in by the start of the event I'll make a spot for you.

Check with Bounce House in the meantime, though, sounds like they're recruiting too and they may have an opening right now.

I'm pretty sure they can only use their team up power once per battle. It's just that they get one EVERY battle and won't hesitate to use it.

No worries. After checking on bounce house I realized that Mobile and PC are separate, and I'm a mobile player (PC too, but only just started there...) Does anyone know of a goon mobile alliance?

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo
Well we now have 3/4 of this spread as supposed 'comic covers'. I suppose the last one will be for Gambit if they ever get around to it.

CidGregor
Sep 27, 2009

S.W.O.R.D. Agent posted:

No worries. After checking on bounce house I realized that Mobile and PC are separate, and I'm a mobile player (PC too, but only just started there...) Does anyone know of a goon mobile alliance?

They're not entirely separate games, any alliance can have any combination of mobile and PC players as far as I'm aware. They're only separate in the sense that d3 has so far refused to establish any sort of cloud-save feature that allows a single person to play on both platforms under the same profile.

S.W.O.R.D. Agent
Apr 30, 2012

CidGregor posted:

They're not entirely separate games, any alliance can have any combination of mobile and PC players as far as I'm aware. They're only separate in the sense that d3 has so far refused to establish any sort of cloud-save feature that allows a single person to play on both platforms under the same profile.

Oh okay, I see. Well, if a slot opens up let me know. No worries otherwise.

deimos
Nov 30, 2006

Forget it man this bat is whack, it's got poobrain!

Snazzy Frocks posted:

Well we now have 3/4 of this spread as supposed 'comic covers'. I suppose the last one will be for Gambit if they ever get around to it.

Rogue would like a word, sugah.

bacon flaps
Mar 1, 2005

every day im hustlin

Snazzy Frocks posted:

Gotta put in 1* red/black/yellow Wolverine

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

CidGregor posted:

I wish MPQ had this so much. The mobility that having this game on the phone offers is essential in playing this dumb game, but on the other hand the PC UI is so nice I'd like to have the option for lazy Sundays and whatnot.

deimos
Nov 30, 2006

Forget it man this bat is whack, it's got poobrain!

bacon flaps posted:

Gotta put in 1* red/black/yellow Wolverine

The Wolverine from Merc With a Mouth that's trying to collect on Deadpool Kid.

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

Marvel Mangaverse Wolverine as the first ever six star

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bouncyman
Oct 27, 2009

Helical Nightmares posted:

Applying as Virulent.

gibsonisacripple posted:

Applied as g4rg4r. Not played much recently but have a good roster and want to hammer this Galactus event.

spacejerk posted:

Joined as fartmom

Got you guys! Welcome to the alliance. Got one more spot available if anyone wants it.