Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

Thaddius the Large posted:

Huh, can't say I'm too excited for that, I like him a lot more in straight comical, deliberately over the top roles, but whatever.

Him as actual Shazam, being the big muscly grinning doofus is a much better idea. Guess Billy has to be a white kid.

Teenage Fansub fucked around with this message at 00:19 on Oct 5, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!
The Something Awful Forums > The Finer Arts > Batman's Shameful Secret > Badass Panels: Pretty much just Thor: Goddess of Thunder

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Ignite Memories posted:

The rumor is that Sean Bean was cast as ares in the DC universe.

Haha.

SirDan3k
Jan 6, 2001

Trust me, you are taking this a lot more seriously then I am.

Looks like somebody read the run where he dies and Diana become the God of War.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

That's Thor, not Ares, silly.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
They might need a Hercules at some point.

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!

Gaz-L posted:

That's Thor, not Ares, silly.

More like Thorr.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

Thaddius the Large posted:

Huh, can't say I'm too excited for

It doesn't matter that you're not excited.

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

I fell in love with a Video Nasty

Toshimo posted:

More like Thorr.

Only about 50% of him.

qntm
Jun 17, 2009

Gavok posted:

It doesn't matter that you're not excited.

Oh, I get it.

KayTee
May 5, 2012

Whachoodoin?
Still hoping that Rock gets recast as Tawky Tawny while John Cena gets to play Shazam.

(Vincent Macmahon will voice Mr. Mind

(Special guest star - Zach Gowen as Capt. Marvel Jr.)

dordreff
Jul 16, 2013

KayTee posted:

Still hoping that Rock gets recast as Tawky Tawny while John Cena gets to play Shazam.

(Vincent Macmahon will voice Mr. Mind

(Special guest star - Zach Gowen as Capt. Marvel Jr.)

John Cena would make a terrible wizard.

CzarChasm
Mar 14, 2009

I don't like it when you're watching me eat.

dordreff posted:

Well, yeah, pretending to be invisible the whole time...

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

dordreff posted:

No, you see Shazam is the little boy that turns into a big dude that can fly after he says Shazam, which he can do because of magic he got from the wizard Shazam, invoking the power of gods whose names form the acronym SHAZAM.

Moonshine Rhyme
Mar 26, 2010

Hate Hate Hate Hate Hate
If John Cena could even remotely act he would probably be an amazing shazam

The Question IRL
Jun 8, 2013

Only two contestants left! Here is Doom's chance for revenge...

Moonshine Rhyme posted:

He's really good in the Trainwreck.
His character is one of the best parts of that film. I think he can do comedy/ goofy really well.

NorgLyle
Sep 20, 2002

Do you think I posted to this forum because I value your companionship?

The Question IRL posted:

His character is one of the best parts of that film. I think he can do comedy/ goofy really well.
Unfortunately, Captain Marvel is a DC property...

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

LET ME TELL YOU ABOUT MY DOG

Toshimo posted:

The Something Awful Forums > The Finer Arts > Batman's Shameful Secret > Badass Panels: Pretty much just Thor: Goddess of Thunder

I liked this very much and am surprised Cenachat pre-empted it.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
I wish Aaron would decide what the rules are for Thor, though. Sometimes it seems like Jane's a passenger and the hammer is doing most of the work, to the point where she's surprised at what Thor is saying, and sometimes it's like that page where she's in control and the Thor powers/form just translate her words into Ye Olde Codde Englishe.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

Moonshine Rhyme posted:

The athleticism of Savage
The courage of Hogan
The strength of Andre
The durability of Zeus
The intensity of Austin
The charisma of Mankind

ecavalli
Nov 18, 2012

The Question IRL posted:

And why was John Cena a charming, funny addition to that film?

Because WWE had absolutely nothing to do with it.

Cena does great work when he gets out from under the McMahon corporate thumb. It's too bad they don't let him do that more often.

haitfais
Aug 7, 2005

I am offended by your ham, sir.

Gaz-L posted:

I wish Aaron would decide what the rules are for Thor, though. Sometimes it seems like Jane's a passenger and the hammer is doing most of the work, to the point where she's surprised at what Thor is saying, and sometimes it's like that page where she's in control and the Thor powers/form just translate her words into Ye Olde Codde Englishe.

Seems kind of like a six of one/half dozen of the other situation. Personally, I think it's best left vague and undefined.

RickVoid
Oct 21, 2010

Chaos Hippy posted:

Seems kind of like a six of one/half dozen of the other situation. Personally, I think it's best left vague and undefined.

Could be sometimes she's running the show, and what she says just gets run through the Asgard filter. Other times the mantle takes over and she's riding backseat.

dordreff
Jul 16, 2013
If there absolutely have to be more wrestlemen in Shazam it should not be John Cena as Captain Marvel but the New Day as Tawky Tawny.

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

LET ME TELL YOU ABOUT MY DOG

Chaos Hippy posted:

"Whatever is most entertaining and fun to read" is probably ideal.

Ygolonac
Nov 26, 2007

pre:
CLUTCH  NIXON

The Hero We Need
:bahgawd: AY DIOS MIO, EL REY, QUÉ UN SLOBBERKNOCKER! EL LOBO SE VA A IR SUPLEXED A TRAVÉS DEL YANQUI ANUNCIAR TABLA JUSTO DELANTE DE NOSOTROS! :bahgawd:

(Image from Mike Wolfer's Gallery of Terror, and it's actually one of the few non-fappery/embarrassing images in there.)

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Gavok posted:

The athleticism of Savage
The courage of Hogan
The strength of Andre
The durability of Zeus
The intensity of Austin
The charisma of Mankind
Cena doesn't need all those, though. He already has HLR.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Endless Mike posted:

Cena doesn't need all those, though. He already has HLR.

You can't hustle people and have loyalty and respect. That motto reveals a deeply fractured psyche.

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!

Lurdiak posted:

You can't hustle people and have loyalty and respect. That motto reveals a deeply fractured psyche.

How far down the rabbit hole have we gone?

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Lurdiak posted:

It's HAVING hustle, not hustling people, JACK.

The Question IRL
Jun 8, 2013

Endless Mike posted:

It's HAVING hustle, not hustling people, JACK.

(Que the end of the movie where Captain Marvel Cena looks down to the defeated Black Adam Rock.)

Cena: Don't you understand Teth? The Hustle, Loyalty and Respect was inside us all this time. We didn't need magic lightning to change that.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

The Question IRL posted:

(Que the end of the movie where Captain Marvel Cena looks down to the defeated Black Adam Rock.)

Cena: Don't you understand Teth? The Hustle, Loyalty and Respect was inside us all this time. We didn't need magic lightning to change that.

BRRRRRRRAPPPER DUUUUUDEEEE!!

*Horns*
*Credits*

The Question IRL
Jun 8, 2013

Endless Mike posted:

BRRRRRRRAPPPER DUUUUUDEEEE!!

*Horns*
*Credits*

(A huge bunch of people go onto the internet to complain about how awful this film is, and how Captain Marvel keeps winning fights.
WWE and WB makes a billion dollars.)

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!

The Question IRL posted:

Que?

Milotic
Mar 4, 2009

9CL apologist
Slippery Tilde
I never get the BSS wrestling references, but then again we have our own vaudeville and pantomimes over here. Presented without context, Inhumans #13

I've really been enjoying the Inhumans series. It was derailed a little bit by AXIS, but it's taken the other events in their stride (mostly because they have Inhuman elements to them). It's just so fairly upbeat (for a comic about 'others' and alienation). It's an X-men without the holier-than-thou/cult mentality. Like the Snake woman is fairly upbeat about being a snake woman.

RiotGearEpsilon
Jun 26, 2005
SHAVE ME FROM MY SHELF
I assume the guy on fire is okay but now has sicknasty fire powers?

Milotic
Mar 4, 2009

9CL apologist
Slippery Tilde

RiotGearEpsilon posted:

I assume the guy on fire is okay but now has sicknasty fire powers?

His Inhuman/Nuhuman name is Inferno, so he's had fire powers since undergoing terrigenesis. He has trouble controlling his powers, and in one case he actually refused to flame on since he didn't know if his body could take it so soon after a large flame out. Which was a nice subversion of the typical trope. He's losing control here, but it's mostly OK in the end, and no one loses an arm or ends up eating alley cats so it's just the right amount of drama.

RiotGearEpsilon
Jun 26, 2005
SHAVE ME FROM MY SHELF
Still, it's a shame. Drum kits aren't cheap.

Heresiarch
Oct 6, 2005

Literature is not exhaustible, for the sufficient and simple reason that no single book is. A book is not an isolated being: it is a relationship, an axis of innumerable relationships.
Clearly a Spinal Tap reference as well.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TW6W9iOjTKM

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

I fell in love with a Video Nasty

Ygolonac posted:

:bahgawd: AY DIOS MIO, EL REY, QUÉ UN SLOBBERKNOCKER! EL LOBO SE VA A IR SUPLEXED A TRAVÉS DEL YANQUI ANUNCIAR TABLA JUSTO DELANTE DE NOSOTROS! :bahgawd:

(Image from Mike Wolfer's Gallery of Terror, and it's actually one of the few non-fappery/embarrassing images in there.)

Debatable. :flashfap: