Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013
This is an outside SA thing and can only be tangentially called a Let's Play, but I don't give a poo poo because it's amazing on every level: Breaking Madden, by Jon Bois has started up again. So if you want to see a guy absolutely destroy Madden NFL 16 and make a mockery of the National Football League in the process to the tune of some really great music cuts, then Breaking Madden is for you everyone!

Edit: Here's the SB Nation Breaking Madden site itself where Bois also writes analysis of each BM episode. It's also incredibly hilarious.

nine-gear crow fucked around with this message at 00:53 on Oct 5, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheMcD
May 4, 2013

Monaca / Subject N 2024
---------
Despair will never let you down.
Malice will never disappoint you.

nine-gear crow posted:

This is an outside SA thing and can only be tangentially called a Let's Play, but I don't give a poo poo because it's amazing on every level: Breaking Madden, by Jon Bois has started up again. So if you want to see a guy absolutely destroy Madden NFL 16 and make a mockery of the National Football League in the process to the tune of some really great music cuts, then Breaking Madden is for you everyone!

Edit: Here's the SB Nation Breaking Madden site itself where Bois also writes analysis of each BM episode. It's also incredibly hilarious.

Breaking Madden is back? Aw yiss, this is exactly what I needed right now (Chiefs fan). I thought that after nothing happened the first two weeks, it just wasn't coming back.

EDIT: Also, even more unrelated to video games, don't forget to check out the Roster Cuts on the SBNation page. Every week, there's the greatest stories ever being told. Like how one guy puked into a sink and ended up flooding a house.

TheMcD fucked around with this message at 00:59 on Oct 5, 2015

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

TheMcD posted:

Breaking Madden is back? Aw yiss, this is exactly what I needed right now (Chiefs fan). I thought that after nothing happened the first two weeks, it just wasn't coming back.

EDIT: Also, even more unrelated to video games, don't forget to check out the Roster Cuts on the SBNation page. Every week, there's the greatest stories ever being told. Like how one guy puked into a sink and ended up flooding a house.

The best one is the roster post for the Super Bowl XLVIII episode. Some guy yelled at a woman for going in an out door only to be mortified when she turned around and it was Maya Angelou :allears:

Lacedaemonius
Jan 18, 2015

Rub a dub dub

anilEhilated posted:

Certain amount of loving the sound of your own voice is necessary to do video LPs and youtubers usually don't get called out on it.

Pretty much this. I'm doing a VLP right now and I'm not a fan of my voice so holy poo poo it took a lot of practice to sound even close to natural. Also when you're recording silence is deafening which makes ingame text the proverbial low-hanging fruit.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

Jon Do posted:

I've seen a lot of streamers who read everything, too. Seems to be regarding people who are watching on phones and the text is too small to read. Or, say, if you want to watch and be able to mostly just listen while you do something else.

I really appreciate when people summarise written stuff, because I don't want to read all that garbage, but reading it all is going too far. If I want to know exactly what it says, I'll make the effort to read it myself.

VagueRant
May 24, 2012
Assume this is the right thread to ask, but does anyone know where on the whole wide internet I can find a screenshot LP of Vagrant Story?

(I lack both archives access and the ability to convince The White Dragon to preserve his LP of it for future generations. :smith:)

Thesaya
May 17, 2011

I am a Plant.

VagueRant posted:

Assume this is the right thread to ask, but does anyone know where on the whole wide internet I can find a screenshot LP of Vagrant Story?

(I lack both archives access and the ability to convince The White Dragon to preserve his LP of it for future generations. :smith:)

Here you go!

Turtlicious
Sep 17, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
A good lp of undertale?

discworld is all I read
Apr 7, 2009

DAIJOUBU!! ... Daijoubu ?? ?

Turtlicious posted:

A good lp of undertale?
Right on the front page since it's such a great game: http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3742647

Zain
Dec 6, 2009

It's only forever, not long at all
Feel like ChaosArgate's MGS3 thread isn't getting enough love. It's a great LP and it's silly some of the stuff he does and shows off.

liquidypoo
Aug 23, 2006

Chew on that... you overgrown son of a bitch.

Zain posted:

Feel like ChaosArgate's MGS3 thread isn't getting enough love. It's a great LP and it's silly some of the stuff he does and shows off.

Found at this here clicky bit. It's pretty good :ocelot:

Zain
Dec 6, 2009

liquidypoo posted:

Found at this here clicky bit. It's pretty good :ocelot:

Yeah I shoulda probably gave a link to it. But yeah it's drat good.

Turtlicious
Sep 17, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
So I've watched all of JordanKai's stuff, all of SlowBeefs Stuff, All of Chip and Ironicus' stuff. I'm now out of stuff. Any other groups that are good, with the same energy?

(Seen PokeCapn stuff as well.)

Centzon Totochtin
Jan 2, 2009

Turtlicious posted:

So I've watched all of JordanKai's stuff, all of SlowBeefs Stuff, All of Chip and Ironicus' stuff. I'm now out of stuff. Any other groups that are good, with the same energy?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=user?MenDrinkinCoffee?playlists

Advergames is usually cited as their claim to fame, but if you ask me, all of their stuff is good! Even MMZ1 and 2. But if nothing else, Advergames is good because there's a lot of variety in the games which gives them more content with which to work.

EricFate
Aug 31, 2001

Crumpets. Glorious Crumpets.

Turtlicious posted:

You might try the KalonZombie and ThornBrain stuff. Those are the first two that come to mind. The Men Drinkin' Coffee stuff is often fun, as is the TheJeffAndDavidShow stuff. There hasn't been an Ambisagrus/WoodenPalisade or a HelloItsDan/LithuanianDad series for a good long while, but those are also fun if you dig around in the archives. You might also like the SkippyGranola stuff, BobbinThreadbare stuff, Nidoking stuff and Geop (particularly when Kuvo is also involved and secretly trying to kill him in entertaining ways), though they tend to be a little lower key and benefit from being the focus of your attention rather than being watched in the background.

Zain
Dec 6, 2009

TheJeffAndDavidShow are really good. Ummm Tipping 40s stuff is always good. BroOPgamers is pretty good but they mostly just stream. DOOplay when they post on the forms. Actually not many group LPers that I know of.

Suspicious Dish
Sep 24, 2011

2020 is the year of linux on the desktop, bro
Fun Shoe
Anything with Vicas is good. Geop's Dark Souls LP is really, really good. Go watch that if you haven't. Also, the Donkey Kong 64 LP and Mario 64-but-feet.

Fiendly
May 27, 2010

That's not right!
Phenwah's stuff is always my go-to for great group commentary. I'm awfully fond of everything here (except the first Red Steel LP, which is from '08 and has poor audio and video quality even for then), and they recently did an off-SA LP of H.A.W.X. 2 that was really funny despite the burden of forced landing sequences worse than the ones from the NES Top Gun game.

Vapor Moon
Feb 24, 2010

Neato!
The Human Font

They said screenshot.

Edit:

VagueRant posted:

This should work as TWDs Vagrant Story LP

Vapor Moon fucked around with this message at 09:22 on Oct 6, 2015

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

One of my favorite Let's Plays by the Two Best Friend's Team.
Silent Hill 2 LP

Pat is very informed on the backstory and development of the game and Matt goes into it more or less blind. I like to have it on just in the background because the commentary is enjoyable.

Wayne
Oct 18, 2014

He who fights too long against dragons becomes a dragon himself

Zain posted:

BroOPgamers is pretty good but they mostly just stream.

Aww, our first recommendation. v:shobon: We do upload most of our streams for anyone who missed 'em, but if you want "energy" you definitely want the videos Ben and I are both in (which to date is just the RE4 playlist, although we have Evil Within and Dark Souls 2 ongoing I haven't started uploading yet). I've been told to put it nicely my solo stuff is somewhere between chill and somnolent. :sweatdrop:

I don't watch a ton of LPs in that style (high-octane groups), but Spoiler Warning is OK if you can get past Josh's (the guy who actually plays) antics. Other than that....

EricFate posted:

or a HelloItsDan/LithuanianDad series

Yeah, I don't know what happened to the Dan & Dad team, but Mercenaries 2 was an amazing LP. If you haven't seen it yet, Turtle, you definitely should.

v Aww, gotcha, thanks for the heads-up. Sucks to hear that of course. :(

Wayne fucked around with this message at 01:43 on Oct 7, 2015

EricFate
Aug 31, 2001

Crumpets. Glorious Crumpets.

Wayne posted:

Yeah, I don't know what happened to the Dan & Dad team, but Mercenaries 2 was an amazing LP. If you haven't seen it yet, Turtle, you definitely should.

Dan always seemed to hate everything he ever recorded, and Dad fell into the camp who decided that people were taking LP too seriously, and decided to see how many times he could get banned for trolling. I still hear him turn up in other videos from time to time.

That reminded me of another one. The early Faceguy/Wogturt stuff was great. Pretty much everything right up until the later Paper Mario stuff where they began to have audio issues. After that point, you could tell that a lot of the sessions had gone into re-recording session 3 or 4, and they were absolutely sick of the material they were presenting. Prior to that point, the videos were golden.

EricFate fucked around with this message at 01:45 on Oct 7, 2015

SWMadness
Jul 16, 2011

Excellent.

Turtlicious posted:

TheLastRoboKy and CoolGuye are a really good duo, if you like Chip and Ironicus their dynamic reminds me a lot of them. I highly recommend their Dawn of War II co-op playthrough, and Dark Messiah of Might and Magic.

Linear Zoetrope
Nov 28, 2011

A hero must cook

Wayne posted:

I don't watch a ton of LPs in that style (high-octane groups), but Spoiler Warning is OK if you can get past Josh's (the guy who actually plays) antics. Other than that....

I dunno, Josh's antics are kind of amazing in that he is the bug whisperer. He plays the games in such an insane way that he always manages to find something utterly ridiculous.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Turtlicious posted:

I don't know if there's a retsuprae thread I never see, but I like that and only discovered by accident that it's also Slowbeef and Diabetus commenting on games. Specifically it's them commenting on terrible games usually played by other people, though SlowBeef did just finish a playthrough himself of Sonic 06 that by the end of it they both seemed completely drained of hope or mirth. I wouldn't be surprised if that's why he stopped being the mod for this sub forum.

While I'm here, is there a decent VLP of the Quest for Glory series? I'm reading a screen shot one that's decent, but those old Sierra games really need the animations with someone explaining why they are doing the poo poo they are doing. All thepuzzles have a logic to them, even if that logic is from someone taking a lot of drugs.

Zain
Dec 6, 2009

Skwirl posted:

I don't know if there's a retsuprae thread I never see, but I like that and only discovered by accident that it's also Slowbeef and Diabetus commenting on games. Specifically it's them commenting on terrible games usually played by other people, though SlowBeef did just finish a playthrough himself of Sonic 06 that by the end of it they both seemed completely drained of hope or mirth. I wouldn't be surprised if that's why he stopped being the mod for this sub forum.

While I'm here, is there a decent VLP of the Quest for Glory series? I'm reading a screen shot one that's decent, but those old Sierra games really need the animations with someone explaining why they are doing the poo poo they are doing. All thepuzzles have a logic to them, even if that logic is from someone taking a lot of drugs.

Saxcat20 was doing some of them. He VA'd the lines of the games that didn't have any voices and that was either take it or leave it stuff. He was doing QFGIV. Not sure what happen to that one but it was looking good.

Thesaya
May 17, 2011

I am a Plant.

ooops, sorry!

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

Skwirl posted:

He only just finished the Sonic LP a few days ago, and hasn't been a mod for ages. I think he actually stopped being a mod before he started Sonic.

anilEhilated
Feb 17, 2014

But I say fuck the rain.

Grimey Drawer

Tiggum posted:

He only just finished the Sonic LP a few days ago, and hasn't been a mod for ages. I think he actually stopped being a mod before he started Sonic.
Actually, is there anywhere I can find this? His youtube channel only has Pokemon and Undertale from what's currently going on.
edit: Oh, nevermind, it's on RP. Stupid me.

anilEhilated fucked around with this message at 08:58 on Oct 7, 2015

HenryEx
Mar 25, 2009

...your cybernetic implants, the only beauty in that meat you call "a body"...
Grimey Drawer
Their reaction to finishing Shadow's story in Sonic '06 was amazing and i'm so glad nobody spoiled that for them.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

HenryEx posted:

Their reaction to finishing Shadow's story in Sonic '06 was amazing and i'm so glad nobody spoiled that for them.

ALL HAIL SHADOW :unsmigghh:

Tobias Grant
May 16, 2009

Lucky for you, I'm a dog lover.
Pretty much everything RChimpcola made is pure gold. The Resident Evil 5 Co-op and Assassin's Creed 2 LPs are absolutely fantastic.

Fiendly
May 27, 2010

That's not right!
If anyone's still looking for group LPs, you have to get on the Skate 3 thread that is very slowly creeping towards completion. The commentators are husband and wife, so obviously great chemistry there, and they're both very funny, which goes well with the theme of showing off how Sonic '06 broken the game is. Their YouTube channel also has a few LPs of indie horror games that are similarly charming, if very different in tone.

Zain
Dec 6, 2009

Fiendly posted:

If anyone's still looking for group LPs, you have to get on the Skate 3 thread that is very slowly creeping towards completion. The commentators are husband and wife, so obviously great chemistry there, and they're both very funny, which goes well with the theme of showing off how Sonic '06 broken the game is. Their YouTube channel also has a few LPs of indie horror games that are similarly charming, if very different in tone.

They also did an LP of the Calling and it was AWESOME.

Teledahn
May 14, 2009

What is that bear doing there?

Tobias Grant posted:

Pretty much everything RChimpcola made is pure gold. The Resident Evil 5 Co-op and Assassin's Creed 2 LPs are absolutely fantastic.

Wayne posted:

Nth'ing these. They're great.

Turtlicious
Sep 17, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Anybody know people good for:

Amnesia and
Alien Isolation

dscruffy1
Nov 22, 2007

Look out!
Nap Ghost

Turtlicious posted:

Amnesia and
Alien Isolation

TomViolence did a pretty classy run of Alien here on the forums. I think it's still ongoing but the main story has been finished.

discworld is all I read
Apr 7, 2009

DAIJOUBU!! ... Daijoubu ?? ?

Turtlicious posted:

Amnesia and
Alien Isolation
I quite enjoyed davidspackage's LP of the second Amnesia game: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kNFGm9FIEZ8

RottenK
Feb 17, 2011

Sexy bad choices

FAILED NOJOE
Does anyone knows of a good LP of the Legend of Korra game?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Super Best Friends had one and I know they're pretty big fans of all Platinum games so check them out.