Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tortolia
Dec 29, 2005

Hindustan Electronics Employee of the Month, July 2008
Grimey Drawer

Daveski posted:

I got it this afternoon.

Thanks, I'll give them a few days then since my pre-order was fairly late.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

Tortolia posted:

Did anyone who pre-ordered from Amazon get the pre-order code yet? I got the game today but haven't had them send it yet.

I will have to play around more with getting my old RB2 guitar working properly with my PS4; after cycling the USB dongles a bit I got it to recognize the green fret to try to calibrate, but it wasn't picking up on the auto calibration via the guitar nor was the manual config picking up my strums. Probably some crosstalk between the dual shock 4 and guitar.

Was in my email this afternoon.

Tasteful Bulge
Sep 5, 2003

It's down to you and me, you one-eyed freak.

Orange Harrison posted:

No wonder the mic and freestyle have terrible input lag: the game itself can't run in time, regardless of your TV and sound system. I was having trouble hitting stuff and went into the calibrator and it comes with some pre-entered numbers to try and hide its own lag before even reaching the TV.

Are you using the new mic? I've managed to get a good calibration for input lag with my RB2 mic, but with the Xbox One being HDMI only, I can't conceive of a solution for output lag. But with so few people doing vocals, I haven't heard from anyone else having this problem. But I also don't have a problem with Rocksmith having any detectable output lag when I output to external speakers. If Rocksmith outputs audio from a USB device lag-free, then surely Rock Band should be capable of it. I dunno, I'm stumped.

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦
The hell, this is out already?

Did they ever get the Ion kit working on XBone or am I still holding off and setting up the 360 for now?

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Just another jackass on the Internet
Yes
No

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦

Hamdix! :argh:

FirstPlayer
Jan 1, 2007

Beat me up and earn
fifteen respect points

I can't get streaming to work from my BOne. :saddowns: Console says I'm broadcasting but twitch says it's offline.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

My adapter won't be here for a few days yet, but started it up just to see where I'm at. Looks like I have the preorder songs issue. Only 4 of the 12 show up in game. Jane, the repeated activity alert download isn't even one of them.

Also, I can't actually uninstall any of the songs that don't work. Nothing happens when I try.

Guess I'll check back in two days and hope things are sorted.

Dreyvas
Jan 13, 2014
I think my calibration was at something like 160 audio, 115 video the first time I booted the game on Xbox One. I'll have to try it on my lag-free monitor at home and see how that goes, but I had decent success even with manually calibrating with the rb4 strat.

Yechezkel
Oct 5, 2004

Fun Shoe
Costco has band bundles for $220 in-store.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

pksage
Jul 2, 2009

You are an experience!
Make sure you're a good experience.
Warning before buying a band bundle: Lots of people on reddit are saying the RB4 stock drums kind of suck, and that's independent of an apparent engine bug that makes it impossible to hit two rapid kicks in succession. I've also heard mixed reports about the guitars.

I need to start hitting the thrift stores around here every week to try and get an old RB2 kit for ION-modding.

Gaspar Lewis
Nov 30, 2007

by Lowtax
Did you do the firmware update? For your drums?

I want to know if you have the latest drivers for your percussive instrument.

Phillippe
Jan 3, 2007
Stop, its a trap! The internet is on fire!
Using the new wireless guitar on the Xbox One, anyone else having an issue with the guitar randomly getting stuck down strumming?

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

Gaspar Lewis posted:

Did you do the firmware update? For your drums?
Firmware.
I want to know if you have the latest drivers for your percussive instrument.

Some of my drum issues got fixed but I'm still having issues with rolls. Haven't had too many problems with the kick though. This is with the newest firmware.

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real
So when you pre-download DLC on the PS4.... where does it go?

I just spend about half an hour on the Web store purchasing, hitting download to PS4, and watching a banner pop up on my PS4 saying it was added to Downloads. But I see no proof that it is there.

Also, was much less painless to do through the web store. Don't attempt doing it through the system store if you want to have sanity in the end.

TERRIBLE SHITLORD
Oct 20, 2005

MY NIGGA HAVE
YOU TRIED LSD

Phillippe posted:

Using the new wireless guitar on the Xbox One, anyone else having an issue with the guitar randomly getting stuck down strumming?

I had that issue a lot. There seems to be a fair amount of resistance in the strum bar which tends to jam it occasionally.

Slim Killington
Nov 16, 2007

I SAID GOOD DAY SIR

Mr E posted:

Some of my drum issues got fixed but I'm still having issues with rolls. Haven't had too many problems with the kick though. This is with the newest firmware.

Same thing. Rolls are hosed. Double kicks too.

PDMChubby
Feb 2, 2007

Reading about all these in-game problems has been kind of morbidly entertaining for me considering I was shipped a band bundle without a game in it.

Deathlove
Feb 20, 2003

Pillbug
Have you all having problems turned on awesomeness detection? Because, really.

(no major problems here, just "why does xbox think i don't own this song, wtf guys" sort of thing. it will be ironed out. krusty is coming.)

Trash Boat
Dec 28, 2012

VROOM VROOM

Heads up everyone, Babymetal and the other songs are working now on my end.

Critical
Aug 23, 2007

Harmonix has been making these for drat near a decade. Is it really that hard to throw a mic stand in front of the female bassist so my burly lead singer wearing spiked shoulder pads isn't singing Brandi loving Carlisle?

Gaspar Lewis
Nov 30, 2007

by Lowtax
For a second I was going to say "they do in Quickplay" but then I remembered you can't assign people in that mode so it just populates them (correctly) from the stand-in bank.

I wish I had more faith any of the stuff getting pointed out anywhere and everywhere even being heard at this point.

M3wThr33
Sep 4, 2004

I gave up long ago trying to contribute anything ever.

Critical posted:

Harmonix has been making these for drat near a decade. Is it really that hard to throw a mic stand in front of the female bassist so my burly lead singer wearing spiked shoulder pads isn't singing Brandi loving Carlisle?

They're working with a loving company that couldn't even remember to pack the loving game into the box.

Also, not that these complaints aren't justified, but the critical reactions here are a far cry from the custom-RB3 days when the RB thread was full of those saying HMX could do no wrong... what happened to those folks? (IE: The ones that bought my avatar.)

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Pre-order songs are still coming through the pipe as Jane for me. I just want my Freezepop and Tijuana Sweetheart, drat it.

Also as hosed up as a lot of the stuff around the periphery with this game is, and it having some stuff missing that they probably should have made sure was there day one (previous transfers, namely), the part where you actually play the game is still pretty great. I hope they get this other poo poo ironed out quickly, though, cause some of it's a huge bummer.

Duck_King
Sep 5, 2003

leader.bmp
gently caress the haters. For all of it's flaws, Rock Band 4 is fun as poo poo. Playing a new game with friends reminds me of when RB1 first came out, warts and all.

toymach1ne
Sep 27, 2011
I think I almost have the mic latency worked out to where it's not noticeable. Now to wait for my Legacy Adapter

Gaspar Lewis
Nov 30, 2007

by Lowtax
Look, there's a lot that sucks probably isn't entirely in Harmonix's hands. Badly packaged bundles are on Mad Catz and both Sony and Microsoft are partially to blame for the staggered/buggy DLC library rollout and failure to recognized purchased song packs. RBN songs are probably a nightmare they want to understandably put off as long as possible, but if they were porting songs to PS3 then I'd think they know there's at least some value there. There's plenty of launch jitters I can forgive.

And vast swaths of missing features or a setlist I'm lukewarm on I can even tolerate to a degree, depending on how and when (not if) they're re-introduced or supplemented. Mad Catz does not have the kind of muscle as a publisher that EA or Viacom could provide, and if you squint really hard you can guess at what things might have looked like with more time and money on their side.

The poo poo that really gets to me are the details and simple stuff that there's nobody but Harmonix to look to over. If you're making someone choose a color from a linear swatch, maybe it should loop around like it used to. If you're sacrificing sorting and browsing and filtering power for a search function, you should put it on single-button access and include a QWERTY pad instead of a line of letters, not at the top of the same menu you're trying to not scroll through and making typing anything into it additional work. If you're going to brag about score nerd poo poo like variable track speed, you give those people a way to queue up a bunch of songs that will have their scores save, or maybe leave in the ability to practice specific sections. If you're going to take out user set list saving and make quickplay load and unload every single time, at least leave in lighter ratings so they have some point of collating or tagging control.

And then the problems with the PR aren't what you'd think, either! It's not sacrilege to not hire a model to hold the new hardware for a B-roll press demo shot, and flogging the game in front of Twitch and YouTube personalities none of us understand or like or want to deal with is just the reality of marketing now. We live in a strange proto-hell, that's not on them. What is on them, though, is stuff like squirreling away answers to questions on subreddits and single-recipient reply tweets where other people asking the same thing can't find them. It's teasing out the feature reveals of an update patch slated for 2 months after launch when sizable chunks of your core fanbase are already losing their poo poo and/or baying for blood at things that are bare-bones, flimsy or altogether missing.

Some stuff is just a product of 2015 in video games being an unhappy, shackled, cluttered and byzantine mess for everyone, like drum firmware. But there's stuff that's totally on Harmonix that seems like it could have been done better with maybe 5 minutes' thought and a negligible extra man-hours versus the way it was done for 4.0. That's the stuff that gets me nervous about what's going on and how the future is going to either unfold or plummet into a ditch.

What I'm saying is this: Cracklin' Rosie; Sweet Caroline; Girl, You'll Be a Woman Soon. Maybe Cherry Cherry.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

M3wThr33 posted:

They're working with a loving company that couldn't even remember to pack the loving game into the box.

Not only that! PS4 instruments, XBone game, XBone box. Out there is someone needing to swap.

http://m.imgur.com/a/Hcy97

I haven't picked up RB4 because I don't own a next gen console (hello wedding) but I'm still excited for when this is all sorted out and I can buy it next May.

Pirate Jet
May 2, 2010

M3wThr33 posted:

Also, not that these complaints aren't justified, but the critical reactions here are a far cry from the custom-RB3 days when the RB thread was full of those saying HMX could do no wrong... what happened to those folks? (IE: The ones that bought my avatar.)

They're capable of critical thinking and not holding weird decade-long grudges.

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

FirstPlayer posted:

Outside of *generic RBN 2x bass death metal*, the hardest track that I've played on drums is Guns of Summer by Coheed and Cambria. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_MJKH6DH4wY

Guitar is probably Caprici di Diablo by Yngwie Malmsteen or one of the Dragonforce/Joe Satriani songs, depending on what note patterns give you trouble. (The Satriani songs blow to play in my opinion; Dragonforce is a bit better for variety but Caprici is the only one mentioned that I actually pick sometimes :v: )

I get why the video is done that way, since it's for scoring purposes, but it kept throwing me off when the free fills would be like "meh, a couple notes, rest 3 4 GREEN," like, come on, you're already playing the rest of that insane poo poo, show off a little.

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

I am mildly upset that the sound you make for the freestyling is not that of a melodica.

parasyte
Aug 13, 2003

Nobody wants to die except the suicides. They're no fun.

Gaspar Lewis posted:

What is on them, though, is stuff like squirreling away answers to questions on subreddits and single-recipient reply tweets where other people asking the same thing can't find them. It's teasing out the feature reveals of an update patch slated for 2 months after launch when sizable chunks of your core fanbase are already losing their poo poo and/or baying for blood at things that are bare-bones, flimsy or altogether missing.

This is what I hate the most, is anything being done about anything? There's reddit replies and twitter and random other poo poo, and if your game isn't big enough to have sites dedicated to tracking down developer statements it's a goddamn mess trying to figure out if anything's even been addressed.

Cyberball 2072
Feb 17, 2014

by Lowtax

parasyte posted:

This is what I hate the most, is anything being done about anything?

Nope I called em up and said rock band 4 is out now forget that poo poo and get back to finishing amplitude. No future updates fixes or support for Rock Band 4 I'm afraid.

Gaspar Lewis
Nov 30, 2007

by Lowtax
Trust me, they're not doing any better information-wise on that front either.

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

:darksouls:

Cyberball 2072 posted:

Nope I called em up and said rock band 4 is out now forget that poo poo and get back to finishing amplitude. No future updates fixes or support for Rock Band 4 I'm afraid.

as someone who has paid $0 for Rock Band 4 so far but has paid $70 for Amplitude, I would be okay with this

Grinspork
Jun 20, 2004

DEHUMANIZE YOURSELF AND FACE TO BLOODSHED
So uh, does this feel super barebones to anyone else? I mean no online multiplayer like the first three titles nor even a practice mode? Thanks Harmonix, uh the last time I felt this screwed was when I bought Destiny at launch.

Vildiil
Dec 16, 2003
Stuff
Ya I think I'm just gonna get replacement pads and new cymbals for my ions and continue playing RB3.... happy my pre-order was on back order and never shipped.

farottone
Oct 18, 2013

C3 Author

Orange Harrison posted:

Yes. It was just like this at PAX Prime. I guess instead of fixing it they just made it ship with calibration numbers :lol:
And these aren't small numbers, I wiped the exact values before looking but they were both over 100ms.
Setting the Xbone to uncompressed PCM audio didn't resolve anything either.

Yeah but audio lag is not a calibration issue. Audio lag is about, as you hinted at, sound compression and processing. You can play with calibration numbers until you're blue in the face and nothing will change, so if the game actually does a poor job at processing, I'm not sure how it can be addressed without a patch. Also, at this point I'm very curious if people are experiencing lag just going straight to the TV with no receiver in between. If they do, clearly nobody who ever reviewed the game, from the Road Crew or not, has played any freestyle section with a critical mindset.

Dreyvas
Jan 13, 2014
I can confirm that I calibrate at roughly 104 video/77 audio on a setup with Xbox One that was completely lag-free with RB3 on 360. A bit disappointing, and I'll likely hold off on freestyle solos until it gets a patch, if it does.

That said, the calibration feels perfect (used automatic for video and manual for audio) and I'm really enjoying the new strat far more than any other RB strat I've ever used. The strum bar is whatever since I'm not a huge fan of mushy ones, but the fret buttons are utterly glorious.

Only other real complaint guitar-wise right now is that they reallllly need to move the percent display during solos, as others have mentioned. Very disruptive.

Hopefully I can download the rest of my DLC soon, the store still seems to want to charge me for most of it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TrojanNemo
Jun 18, 2014

Pirate Jet posted:

They're capable of critical thinking and not holding weird decade-long grudges.

Speak for yourself bud, I hold a mean grudge. I'm still pissed at my father 20 years later.