Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster
hello@shwn.me

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie

no idea if that's legit or not but butts incoming

Haggins
Jul 1, 2004

I'm starting to really like using Reminders now. I've favored other to-do/list apps in the past but now with the watch Reminders is really useful addition. It's nice to be able to say stuff like "Hey Siri, remind me to take the meat out of the freezer when I get home" then when I get home I get a tap on the wrist so I don't forget. I'm also using a lot of time based reminders like "Hey Siri, remind me to call Joe at 10pm". I know the phone has been able to do this for awhile, but it makes a big difference when I get a tap on the wrist. Me noticing notifications was hit and miss before I got my watch.

Along with reminders, I'm still using AnyList and Omnifocus. I use AnyList mostly as a grocery list that I share with my girlfriend. They don't have a watch app yet but it does import from reminders. That way I can say "Hey siri, add deodorant to the grocery list" and it'll eventually make it's way to the app. Once it's in the app, my gf can see it in her list if she happens to go to the store. Omnifocus I mostly use for tracking complex and/or long term goals/projects. I usually don't use it on a day to day basis as it's an overkill for managing my personal life. I just now figured out how to install their watch app so I'm going to see how that goes.

WithoutTheFezOn
Aug 28, 2005
Oh no

Haggins posted:

I use AnyList mostly as a grocery list that I share with my girlfriend. They don't have a watch app yet but it does import from reminders. That way I can say "Hey siri, add deodorant to the grocery list" and it'll eventually make it's way to the app. Once it's in the app, my gf can see it in her list if she happens to go to the store. Omnifocus
So, unless your girlfriend doesn't have an iPhone, what benefit does the AnyList part give? You can make a grocery list in Reminders and share it.

Haggins
Jul 1, 2004

WithoutTheFezOn posted:

So, unless your girlfriend doesn't have an iPhone, what benefit does the AnyList part give? You can make a grocery list in Reminders and share it.

I didn't know you could share now. Last time I took a look at reminders was when it was new and didn't do much at all. That's when I went with AnyList.

Now that I'm looking at it, I will probably stick with AL. It's already set up, it works, I like the interface, and it organizes groceries by aisle which helps when shopping.

an actual cat irl
Aug 29, 2004

What's the best sleep analysis app for the Apple Watch?

I've been using Sleep++, but it's super dull and offers nothing in the way of analysis, or any metrics at all for that matter. There has to be something better out there.

pipebomb
May 12, 2001

Dear God, what is it like in your funny little brains?
It must be so boring.
That's the only one so far. It's a bit of a pain, also. If you don't wait for the 'stop sleeping' to analyze, it doesn't go to the phone. And frankly the colored lines don't make sense to me. You can't expand it to see times, etc. There definitely needs to be something better coming up.

On another note: anyone using Dark Sky with the large mid screen complication? When I use it there, my battery life flatlined in like four hours. A small complication is fine though.

an actual cat irl
Aug 29, 2004

pipebomb posted:

That's the only one so far. It's a bit of a pain, also. If you don't wait for the 'stop sleeping' to analyze, it doesn't go to the phone. And frankly the colored lines don't make sense to me. You can't expand it to see times, etc. There definitely needs to be something better coming up.

Ah that's too bad. I figured that there would be tons of apps doing this at the launch of watchOS 2. Oh well.

The Gillman
Jul 8, 2004
Beaten with a sack of sweet Valencia oranges
Grimey Drawer
Beddit just came out today. I'm going to be trying that one tonight

japtor
Oct 28, 2005
Had an interesting experience with battery life the other day, went into power reserve in the middle of the afternoon. Unpaired (which makes a backup) and restored and it still seemed to be running down abnormally afterward. Restarted the phone and everything has seemed fine after that. Only quirk I noticed is an app on the watch appeared to reinstall, so I guess something got jacked up with app syncing and just ran the watch battery down.

Flash Gordon Ramsay
Sep 28, 2004

Grimey Drawer

pipebomb posted:

On another note: anyone using Dark Sky with the large mid screen complication? When I use it there, my battery life flatlined in like four hours. A small complication is fine though.

The one with 3 lines of info? I've been using it since day one, no issues. Typically have 60-70% battery when I plug it in at 10PM.

pipebomb
May 12, 2001

Dear God, what is it like in your funny little brains?
It must be so boring.
Flash: drat.

Well, I had to restore my phone last night and this morning had to repair the watch, maybe it will get better.

gohmak
Feb 12, 2004
cookies need love
Apparently If you masturbate with your watch hand it will close your workout loop.

Flash Gordon Ramsay
Sep 28, 2004

Grimey Drawer
The real question is, what is apple going to do with all the data they now have about their users' masturbation habits.

EpicNemesis
Dec 3, 2005
Props to you if it takes you 30 minutes.

gohmak
Feb 12, 2004
cookies need love

EpicNemesis posted:

Props to you if it takes you 30 minutes.

Chaturbate man.

gohmak fucked around with this message at 12:59 on Oct 8, 2015

an actual cat irl
Aug 29, 2004

I bought a black milanese loop strap from Aliexpress, and it's actually not too shabby.

The black finish is good, the magnet is nice and strong, and the strap mounts fit well. It delivered pretty fast for Aliexpress, too - a little over two weeks.

$28

http://www.aliexpress.com/item/Orig...2433242834.html

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster
Is there a good Apple Watch Notes app I want to cheat at school

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Yeah, well I don't trust this guy. I think he regifted, he degifted, and now he's using an upstairs invite as a springboard to a Super Bowl sex romp.

noirstronaut posted:

Is there a good Apple Watch Notes app I want to cheat at school

drat, I wanna be in school again just for this glorious future we're living in. On topic I think evernote has a watch app.

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

The college I work has specifically banned Watch in any sort of test or exam. Can't even bring it in to the room.

Unity Gain
Sep 15, 2007

dancing blue

Jose Oquendo posted:

The college I work has specifically banned Watch in any sort of test or exam. Can't even bring it in to the room.

'tis a brave new world.

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster
I'm glad I'm graduating this year and can say gently caress it to all schools forever

Unity Gain
Sep 15, 2007

dancing blue
Following up on my post from a while back, went to the apple store and asked the iperson about wrist flicking and getting the watch to activate. Hers behaved just like mine: won't activate with subtle movement, lying down, when arm is hanging down side of body, when arm is above head like holding the bar on the subway, etc. etc. She said a lot of people have different expectations about how the watch should activate (and stay lit even if you turn it away from you), and are frustrated by the current behavior. Also, I though my crown might be sticky, but no, they are all less free-wheeling than I thought.

IuniusBrutus
Jul 24, 2010

noirstronaut posted:

I'm glad I'm graduating this year and can say gently caress it to all schools forever

jelly

idempodunk
May 12, 2001
Toilet Rascal
[edit] wrong thread

Star War Sex Parrot
Oct 2, 2003

edit: nevermind

Unity Gain
Sep 15, 2007

dancing blue
e: whoops

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster
ninja edit: sorry

Don Lapre
Mar 28, 2001

If you're having problems you're either holding the phone wrong or you have tiny girl hands.
Edit

EpicNemesis
Dec 3, 2005
What just happened?

Ben Murphy
Sep 9, 2001

I like him in spite of the fact that he's not me.

EpicNemesis posted:

What just happened?

EDIT

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster
How can I do that!

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

I must know. I need to poo poo post on every device I have.

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Yeah, well I don't trust this guy. I think he regifted, he degifted, and now he's using an upstairs invite as a springboard to a Super Bowl sex romp.

Plz...

IuniusBrutus
Jul 24, 2010

Bought an Apple Watch. It is, indeed, much better in fit and finish than the Android Wear and Pebble watches I've tried, and I like having physical buttons. Still too expensive, but I actually...like it.

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster
think of it this way: the price of the pussy u get is uncomparable to physical dollars

IuniusBrutus
Jul 24, 2010

I've noticed my 6s take a noticeable hit to battery life since I got my Apple Watch...is this normal?

Zwille
Aug 18, 2006

* For the Ghost Who Walks Funny
Yep!

Turnquiet
Oct 24, 2002

My friend is an eloquent speaker.

Apple Watch 2 needs to be round. A stainless OG Moto 360 with stainless band looks better, even if Android Wear on the 6S is a weaker experience than on Android (android lol).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shammypants
May 25, 2004

Let me tell you about true luxury.

Turnquiet posted:

Apple Watch 2 needs to be round. A stainless OG Moto 360 with stainless band looks better, even if Android Wear on the 6S is a weaker experience than on Android (android lol).

That's like, your opinion, man. The victors determine what is a good looking watch, and the best selling smart watch is square.

• Locked thread