Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mayor Glowku
Jul 29, 2012

:pcgaming: :pcgaming: :pcgaming:
I'm making my foray into eve finally, is it worth applying to GoonWaffe?

Edit: I guess I've been playing for a while, not really "finally"

Mayor Glowku fucked around with this message at 05:10 on Oct 7, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

If you are eligible, yes.

Kazak_Hstan
Apr 28, 2014

Grimey Drawer
So PL being declared winner of the AT is like if the NFL declared Green Bay the super bowl winner because of deflate gate?

If so please make CCP the next commissioner of the NFL tia.

Kirs
Dec 5, 2014

Apart from drinking, there is absolutely nothing to do here.

Kazak_Hstan posted:

So PL being declared winner of the AT is like if the NFL declared Green Bay the super bowl winner because of deflate gate?

If so please make CCP the next commissioner of the NFL tia.

This is how e-honor made a bad joke for Camel and Warlords.
I believe if it was not initially revealed by one of the members who felt too bad about this situation, CCP would not made investigation. But community wanted to burn someone very badly.

Kirs fucked around with this message at 08:01 on Oct 7, 2015

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Kirs posted:

This is how e-honor made a bad joke for Camel and Warlords.
I believe if it was not initially revealed by one of the members who felt too bad about this situation, CCP would not made investigation. But community wanted to burn someone very badly.

It was mostly because Hydra did the same thing last year, smugged really hard about it, did it again and got sloppy enough to piss off someone who had the info on the collusion.

Also watching CCP Fozzie come out on FHC to dunk Bob Shaftoes tonight was funny.

Recreation - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LE0LuHzOT9M

Klyith
Aug 3, 2007

GBS Pledge Week

Kirs posted:

There wasn't that much outrage, and most people besides some in PL -- who kept throwing rocks because they had something to gain -- had pretty much moved on by now. This was a CCP decision, not a reaction to community demands.

And yeah, without an insider info dump it wouldn't have happened. The rigging was deniable enough without that. I think the guys in charge of the two teams were super dumb to let their pilots know they were going to 100% throw the match. Select some one-sided comps, tell your guys afterward you didn't try your hardest because the other team needed the win more, anything to make them feel better. Just from a blackmail perspective, the idea that you'd give your pilots that kind of leverage is a terrible idea. And when one of them has an actual conscience over it you're just screwed.

The real story is that CCP thinks streaming and the AT can push interest in Eve for people outside the game. So they're gonna try to make the AT into something that's not really Eve anymore, a part of the game that's fair competition and free of metagaming. Which I think is pretty dumb because the AT is un-ficking-watchable to someone who isn't already into the game. It's really inside baseball.

mudstone
Jul 30, 2015
i'm back in widot... someone please loving help me. also i watched AT and half the time donno what's going on... CCP expecting outsiders to watch it. That frankly blows my mind and they can't be that stupid... can they?

Venom Snake
Feb 19, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo

The dude who paid PL the ransom was former PL lol.

Zephyrine
Jun 10, 2014

This is what meat is supposed to be like, dingus

Klyith posted:

Which I think is pretty dumb because the AT is un-ficking-watchable to someone who isn't already into the game. It's really inside baseball.

I play Eve and even I consider the AT hard to watch. I have no idea what's going on most of the time. I have to rely on the commentators. I tend to just read the results.

mudstone posted:

i'm back in widot.

I had a friend who once joined widot but she went to the doctor and got an ointment and it cleared right up.

Zephyrine fucked around with this message at 09:16 on Oct 7, 2015

Zakrello
Feb 17, 2015

missile imbound

Venom Snake posted:

a neut is a neut, being a former corpmate / alliance member doesn't matter, if not worst.

Venom Snake
Feb 19, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo
the *shrugs* is the most offensive part of that screenshot by far imo

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

EVE ONLINE IS MY ENTIRE PERSONALITY BECAUSE IM A FRIENDLESS SEMILITERATE LOSER WHO WILL PEDANTICALLY DEMAND PROOF FOR BASIC THINGS LIKE GRAVITY OR THE EXISTENCE OF SELF. ASK ME ABOUT CHEATING AT TARKOV BECAUSE, WELL, SEE ABOVE

Venom Snake posted:

I scooped the loot from the Aeon when it died, and stowed it away in a mobile depot. I came back in an instawarp interceptor and carried it back to jita while trash talking in local the whole way.

Venom Snake
Feb 19, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo

I scooped the loot from the Aeon when it died, and stowed it away in a mobile depot. I came back in an instawarp interceptor and carried it back to jita while trash talking in local the whole way.

Tbf it was less general stupidity and more the mistakes of one person in specific. I think he's learned his lesson tho.

Was fun trying to run sites with PL fleets shuffling around let me tell you.

Kirs
Dec 5, 2014

This is a second time Russian super warps in to save carrier. I believe Thanatos was tackled initially?

E: No, it's not.

:confused:

Kirs fucked around with this message at 10:41 on Oct 7, 2015

pugnax
Oct 10, 2012

Specialization is for insects.

Venom Snake posted:

Hey, my hordling is in that screenshot. Nice to see they're more active than I am.

Khablam
Mar 29, 2012

Klyith posted:

The real story is that CCP thinks streaming and the AT can push interest in Eve for people outside the game. So they're gonna try to make the AT into something that's not really Eve anymore, a part of the game that's fair competition and free of metagaming. Which I think is pretty dumb because the AT is un-ficking-watchable to someone who isn't already into the game. It's really inside baseball.

mudstone posted:

i'm back in widot... someone please loving help me. also i watched AT and half the time donno what's going on... CCP expecting outsiders to watch it. That frankly blows my mind and they can't be that stupid... can they?
I pointed this out to CCP and they seemingly don't see the issue, believing that there are people who will consider Eve an eSport if they just try hard enough. Despite this there's not a sub-spike around the ATs so I don't know what metrics they go on; maybe it inspires unsubscribed players to come back?

It has zero hallmarks of a good eSport, principally that it is impossible to tell what is going on by watching the action on screen.
e: The other criminal problem with that as a marketing concept is that the experience on-screen can in no-way be replicated ingame, whereas with every Moba / SC clone you can actually do what you see on screen on an amateur level.

Khablam fucked around with this message at 11:28 on Oct 7, 2015

suck my woke dick
Oct 10, 2012

:siren:I CANNOT EJACULATE WITHOUT SEEING NATIVE AMERICANS BRUTALISED!:siren:

Put this cum-loving slave on ignore immediately!

Cannon_Fodder posted:

My ignore list has grown to "1". I never thought I'd actually use it, but holy hell.

shut your phallus receptacle

e: also lol screaming llama's posting is downright good vs delta echo, which by itself is a crime against humanity

suck my woke dick fucked around with this message at 12:41 on Oct 7, 2015

Anagram of GINGER
Oct 3, 2014

by Smythe
Am I a meme now

Kirs
Dec 5, 2014

It can't get any worse, rite?

kiresays
Aug 14, 2012

Venom Snake posted:

https://forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&m=5774495#post5774495
http://evewho.com/pilot/Paco+Vato

Xolve
Oct 12, 2012

Well, shoot! We ain't come this far just to dump this thing in the drink. What's the nearest target opportunity?
edit. nevermind.

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

Do you want your breadcrumbs highlighted?

~SMcD

Xolve posted:

Waffles =/= PL.

wrong

Xolve
Oct 12, 2012

Well, shoot! We ain't come this far just to dump this thing in the drink. What's the nearest target opportunity?

Didn't waste any time with that one- No coffee so I delta echo'd a response thinking PL was getting ganked and not the gankees.

Expected MiniLuv shenanigans, got bored PL freighter ganks instead. Not sure how to feel about that.

Xolve fucked around with this message at 14:35 on Oct 7, 2015

pugnax
Oct 10, 2012

Specialization is for insects.
Some turbonerd on reddit made this:

http://imgur.com/a/y3l8P

suck my woke dick
Oct 10, 2012

:siren:I CANNOT EJACULATE WITHOUT SEEING NATIVE AMERICANS BRUTALISED!:siren:

Put this cum-loving slave on ignore immediately!

Khablam posted:

I pointed this out to CCP and they seemingly don't see the issue, believing that there are people who will consider Eve an eSport if they just try hard enough. Despite this there's not a sub-spike around the ATs so I don't know what metrics they go on; maybe it inspires unsubscribed players to come back?

It has zero hallmarks of a good eSport, principally that it is impossible to tell what is going on by watching the action on screen.
e: The other criminal problem with that as a marketing concept is that the experience on-screen can in no-way be replicated ingame, whereas with every Moba / SC clone you can actually do what you see on screen on an amateur level.

Icelandic vidya game producer Crowd Control Productions is incompetent at everything they do? What a shock :monocle:

Delta Echo posted:

Am I a meme now

You are saying this like it would be a good thing.

Zephyrine
Jun 10, 2014

This is what meat is supposed to be like, dingus

pugnax posted:

Some turbonerd on reddit made this:

http://imgur.com/a/y3l8P

Kind of silly. There's a much better one out there with fewer buttons.

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

I saw only the thumbnail of that when I scrolled past it on reddit or somewhere else earlier. It looked to me then as if it was on a tablet, which I thought was a pretty neat idea if it was possible to connect a tablet to a computer and use it as a secondary game controller for something like eve.

Lack of Gravitas
Oct 11, 2012

Grimey Drawer

CommonShore posted:

I saw only the thumbnail of that when I scrolled past it on reddit or somewhere else earlier. It looked to me then as if it was on a tablet, which I thought was a pretty neat idea if it was possible to connect a tablet to a computer and use it as a secondary game controller for something like eve.

You could maybe do that with Roccat Power-Grid?

(Disclaimer: I haven't tried it, just skimmed the thread when it came up in Elite: Dangerous)

http://www.roccat.org/en-AU/Products/Gaming-Software/Power-Grid/Home/

Elite Dangerous grid

fake edit: looks like someones already made an Eve grid... http://www.roccat.org/en-US/Products/Gaming-Software/Power-Grid/Store/Grids/Games/Simulation/66/

Cannon_Fodder
Jul 17, 2007

"Hey, where did Steve go?"
Design by Kamoc

blowfish posted:

shut your phallus receptacle

e: also lol screaming llama's posting is downright good vs delta echo, which by itself is a crime against humanity

:cawg:

Look at this guy. Getting butthurt over my use of an ignore list.

Zasze
Apr 29, 2009

Lack of Gravitas posted:

You could maybe do that with Roccat Power-Grid?

(Disclaimer: I haven't tried it, just skimmed the thread when it came up in Elite: Dangerous)

http://www.roccat.org/en-AU/Products/Gaming-Software/Power-Grid/Home/

Elite Dangerous grid

fake edit: looks like someones already made an Eve grid... http://www.roccat.org/en-US/Products/Gaming-Software/Power-Grid/Store/Grids/Games/Simulation/66/

This is actually really cool, not worth buying some ungodly expensive whatever the heck powergrid seems to be but still cool.

edit: o its a phone app or something?

Zasze fucked around with this message at 16:56 on Oct 7, 2015

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

Actually that looks super cool. I'd be happy to be able to use my tablet to control my computer's VLC from 6 feet away....

Lack of Gravitas
Oct 11, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Zasze posted:

This is actually really cool, not worth buying some ungodly expensive whatever the heck powergrid seems to be but still cool.

It's free download - host software for the PC and an app for whatever phone/tablet you have. Dunno if there's any costs or hardware needed further down the track. And now I'll stop spruiking for a product I don't own or use :v:

Venom Snake
Feb 19, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo

Yeah everyone realized it was Paco a while later, I didn't know I was just in fleet and heard "dude who got ransomed used to be in a PL corp". I was a little busy trying to dodge PL trying to murder me while I finished an FSP :v:

Anagram of GINGER
Oct 3, 2014

by Smythe
What's more boring than playing golf? EVE?

Watching it.

What's more boring than watching it?

Posting about it

Pookum
Mar 5, 2011

gaming is life
Actually posting about it is one of the funnest parts

HappyKitty
Jul 11, 2005

"DRONE ENGANE" will be the new "AKTIVATE SCHILDBOOST"

Syndic Thrass
Nov 10, 2011
Yeah I convoed penifSMASH to remind him that he is in fact still my bitch and he told me the guy paid a ransom. Once I realized it was Paco Vato I was not surprised. I'll dig the logs of him defending his decision to pay the ransom in fleet after this. The video of that Aeon dying from his POV will make you loving furious.

E also he blocked me for calling Delta Echo a dickhole, so it sounds to me like he's a Elsa pussy sympathizer

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

Glowku posted:

I'm making my foray into eve finally, is it worth applying to GoonWaffe?

Edit: I guess I've been playing for a while, not really "finally"

If you've been playing for a while one would think they'd have an idea if they'd want to join goonwaffe or not.

Read the OP. Does it sound appealing to you? If yes, then yes. If no, then no.

This poo poo isn't hard.

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Syndic Thrass posted:

Yeah I convoed penifSMASH to remind him that he is in fact still my bitch and he told me the guy paid a ransom. Once I realized it was Paco Vato I was not surprised. I'll dig the logs of him defending his decision to pay the ransom in fleet after this. The video of that Aeon dying from his POV will make you loving furious.

E also he blocked me for calling Delta Echo a dickhole, so it sounds to me like he's a Elsa pussy sympathizer

Please share the video.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Syndic Thrass
Nov 10, 2011
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YjwXc6Y-Sa0

Note the MWDing away from his fleet (and reps), not finishing the cyno inhib off, and capping himself out with his local rep on his Aeon. Oh and the DCUs in the CHA. Theres more poo poo I'm sure people will notice but those are the worst parts.

• Locked thread