Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

strangehamster
Sep 21, 2010

dance the night away

The combiner wars are running out of gestalts huh

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sizone
Sep 13, 2007

by LadyAmbien

Why cookie Rocket posted:

Hey it wouldn't be a kickass David vs. Goliath narrative unless Defensor was outclassed!

Or you could wait like...another month or two and see what else they announce. It seems like they announce a new combiner on a quarterly basis or so.

Any likelyhood of Seacons or Predicons?

I could hold out for seacons.

Deceptive Thinker
Oct 5, 2005

I'll rip out your optics!
If you want something soon - go with Devs or Bruticus

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

Sizone posted:

Titan wars seems to be all about headmasters and targetmasters

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?
IMO it's a good thing for bad guys to be larger than good guys.

MinionOfCthulhu
Oct 28, 2005

I got this title for free due to my proximity to an idiot who wanted to save $5 on an avatar by having someone else spend $9.95 instead.

Sizone posted:

Literally no chance of that. :I

DoctorWhat posted:

Agreed.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

strangehamster posted:

The combiner wars are running out of gestalts huh

They can at least make the rest of the Technobots.

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine
They should also release, Deluxe Groove, REAL Blastoff, and Ratchet.

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

Jetstoff is real.

Keldroc
Apr 19, 2004

Marketing materials and speculation are not spoilers. Jesus Christ.

DoctorWhat posted:

You're going to give poor CW Menasor and Bruticus complexes.

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

Blackheart posted:

Jetstoff is real.

no he's like your Step Dad, yeah your mom married the same type of person again and he looks somewhat similar, BUT IT JUST IS NOT THE SAAAAMMMEEE!!!!!

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

Keldroc posted:

You're going to give poor CW Menasor and Bruticus complexes.

They've got BEEF so they're fine, compared to Superion's litheness, and Defensor is short and stocky too, so it's a wash. It's when good guys TOWER over bad guys of 1:1 "importance", toy-wise especially, that it gets stupid. Like how AOE Lockdown got only a (tall) Deluxe but Optimus got a Leader-class figure.

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

It's OK for Devastator to be bigger, he's always been special among combiners.

The Taint Reaper posted:

no he's like your Step Dad, yeah your mom married the same type of person again and he looks somewhat similar, BUT IT JUST IS NOT THE SAAAAMMMEEE!!!!!

His spark is unchanged. You also have to buy him.

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

Blackheart posted:

Jetstoff is real.
I propose that when Jetstuff is released we refer to purple plane blast-off as "worst-off"

It gnaws at me we still haven't seen anything about CW Ratchet.

Sizone
Sep 13, 2007

by LadyAmbien

DoctorWhat posted:

To a degree, but

"Defensor calling Optimus Prime, Prime send backup. I've been punching Devastator in the crotch for 20 minutes and it's only resulting in him giggling. Frankly, it's creeping me out and, while the Protectobots are well equipped to deal with physical trauma, we have no means of combating mental trauma, particularly our own."

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

Sizone posted:

To a degree, but

"Defensor calling Optimus Prime, Prime send backup. I've been punching Devastator in the crotch for 20 minutes and it's only resulting in him giggling. Frankly, it's creeping me out and, while the Protectobots are well equipped to deal with physical trauma, we have no means of combating mental trauma, particularly our own."

tbqh when Defensor has to fight Devastator, he's better off decombining and going all Shadow of the Colossus on him, at least at CW scale.

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

Spiderdrake posted:

It gnaws at me we still haven't seen anything about CW Ratchet.

Have we seen anything about this? Some alternate head render or something? I can't remember at the moment.

I mean it does feel obvious but...

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

Blackheart posted:

His spark is unchanged. You also have to buy him.

I'm perfectly willing to buy him, it's just that if we get spaceship blast off that means jet Blastoff becomes a limb for Galvatronus. I will not willingly sully G1 accuracy.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Sky Reign can probably take Devastator by himself.

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

The MSJ posted:

Sky Reign can probably take Devastator by himself.

Please. He doesn't even need to combine for that. He'll consider calling his underlings if Unicron dares show up.

Anora
Feb 16, 2014

I fuckin suck!🪠
And mostly just to watch.

Deceptive Thinker posted:

Are they trying to test the beast/monster waters out again after Rattrap's shelf warming?

Why cookie Rocket
Dec 2, 2003

Lemme tell ya 'bout your blood bamboo kid.
It ain't Coca-Cola, it's rice.

Blackheart posted:

Have we seen anything about this? Some alternate head render or something? I can't remember at the moment.

I mean it does feel obvious but...

I think it's all just common sense inferring at this point. But even as a huge fan of Ratchet it's hard to get excited about a re-release of First Aid with (potentially) a head as lovely as Ironhide's.

GET IN THE ROBOT
Nov 28, 2007

JUST GET IN THE FUCKING ROBOT SHINJI
I think baddies should be bigger, too. The Autobots tend to outnumber Decepticons, so the cons might as well get a size advantage.

When you think about it, Fort Max is kind of an odd toy. Look at it from a kid's perspective. He totally towers over everyone by a huge margin. He could annihilate pretty much any Decepticon with ease, including Trypticon and Scorponok. Where's the challenge in that? David and Goliath makes for a less interesting story if you're on the side of Goliath. If I were a Decepticon and the Autobots decided to let loose Fort Max or Generations Metroplex, I'd be like, "screw this, I'm just going home. I'm not even going to try fighting that. You know Scorponok, our biggest dude? He only goes up to his knees. I don't even care about conquering the universe all that much. Look, Megatron, if you expect me to fight that monster, I'm putting in my two weeks notice right now and sending my resume to the Quintessons."

Also I got Transformers: Devastation and played the first level. I was giddy the whole time.

GET IN THE ROBOT fucked around with this message at 04:44 on Oct 7, 2015

Keldroc
Apr 19, 2004

Marketing materials and speculation are not spoilers. Jesus Christ.
Fort Max's size and power tended to be mitigated by his headmaster partner being a sanctimonious pacifist.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy

Computron's gonna be in beta a while, huh?

The Taint Reaper posted:

I'm perfectly willing to buy him, it's just that if we get spaceship blast off that means jet Blastoff becomes a limb for Galvatronus. I will not willingly sully G1 accuracy.

Good. But this. Is. Generations/Combiner Wars! :getin:

DoctorWhat posted:

tbqh when Defensor has to fight Devastator, he's better off decombining and going all Shadow of the Colossus on him, at least at CW scale.

That was a cool part in War Within Vol. 2.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Wei Jiang has even more awesome oversized poo poo on the way

I've already preordered the EM Prime from Sirtoys. And I'll be on top of those other oversized Dinos as soon as they get the Black Knight treatment.

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

I finally found something to make Defensor's guns combine side by side instead of as a dumb long gun. I had some construct-bots stored (they are wonderful to weaponize your TFs up too) and the forearm piece was just what I needed. It's a silly problem but it was driving me crazy.

I suspect certain Lego pieces might do the job too but my old lego pieces are all stored in the basement so I'll have to check those later.

edit: woo, is that the same improved and upscaled Evasion Prime that showed up a while ago?

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Blackheart posted:

edit: woo, is that the same improved and upscaled Evasion Prime that showed up a while ago?

Yup! Word is it will be out by the end of this month. We should be seeing their other three OS Throttlebots by the end of the year, more OS RID bots and who knows what else. I'm really hoping they get around to upscaling AOE Galvatron before they move on to a different line of bots.

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

Why are you all still talking about combiners when there's unofficial Dinobot news?

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

Knormal posted:

Why are you all still talking about combiners when there's unofficial Dinobot news?

Because come tomorrow there will be official dinobot news, duh. :colbert:

Sizone
Sep 13, 2007

by LadyAmbien
Any recommendations on how to craft a cy-gar for Kup? How should I affix it to his mouth? If it's permanently attatched, will it interfer with his transforming?

Anora
Feb 16, 2014

I fuckin suck!🪠

Rhyno posted:

I've already preordered the EM Prime from Sirtoys. And I'll be on top of those other oversized Dinos as soon as they get the Black Knight treatment.

Man, you keep posting this cool stuff and I want it, but I get terrified that I'm going to finally break down and order something only to find that shipping costs more then the product I order.

Sizone posted:

Any recommendations on how to craft a cy-gar for Kup? How should I affix it to his mouth? If it's permanently attatched, will it interfer with his transforming?

Which Kup?

look into modeling putty. It should only be like $2 for a tube of it.

Sizone
Sep 13, 2007

by LadyAmbien

Anora posted:

Which Kup?

look into modeling putty. It should only be like $2 for a tube of it.

This Kup.
http://tfwiki.net/wiki/File:Generations_SergeantKup.jpg

Other
Jul 10, 2007

Post it easy!

Sizone posted:

CHUG Kup? You should be able to affix one without making him an action master, actually there's a 3rd party add on that has two new heads for him, one with and one without cygar if you want to be lazy about it. As for making one, modeling putty as mentioned might work, you could try and find a model kit with a piece that might look the part as well. For affixing it you can try and glue it and hope if goes on right and doesn't make a mess or you could use a pin vise and a super small drill bit to make a cavity in the mouth to slot it in, might look a bit more natural that way.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

Sizone posted:

See if you can pick up the igear Kup heads. They're fantastic and improve Kup immensely. There's some on ebay for $20-25.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Anora posted:

Man, you keep posting this cool stuff and I want it, but I get terrified that I'm going to finally break down and order something only to find that shipping costs more then the product I order.
Sirtoys is pretty reasonable shipping wise. The near-devastator-sized OS superion I got was like, 12 bucks shipping or so.

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

The_Doctor posted:

See if you can pick up the igear Kup heads. They're fantastic and improve Kup immensely. There's some on ebay for $20-25.

2 heads, 1 kup.

Sizone
Sep 13, 2007

by LadyAmbien

The_Doctor posted:

Loathe to pay more for a head than I did a figure, but yeah, that looks loving fantastic and just generally more Kup-like all over than the stock head.

Deceptive Thinker
Oct 5, 2005

I'll rip out your optics!

CAPT. Rainbowbeard posted:

Computron's gonna be in beta a while, huh?

I was referring to decepticons

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy

I was referring to decepticons

Sure, but I've not heard anything about Computron's limbs, plus I love that joke.