Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Rude Dude With Tude
Apr 19, 2007

Your President approves this text.
good news, I can't wait

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Abner Cadaver II
Apr 21, 2009

TONIGHT!

Panty Saluter
Jan 17, 2004

Making learning fun!

Hooded Reptile
Aug 31, 2015

If the underground fire at the Bridgeton landfill reaches nuclear waste in the nearby West Lake landfill, St. Louis County emergency planners say they’re ready.

County Executive Steve Stenger has released to KMOX a plan drafted in October of 2014, which aims “to save lives in the event of a catastrophic event at the West Lake landfill.”

The 11-page document warns “there is a potential for radioactive fallout to be released in the smoke plume and spread throughout the region.”

Cities in the potential path of radioactive fallout are listed: Bridgeton, Hazelwood, Maryland Heights, the village of Champ and the city of St. Charles.

“This event will most likely occur with little or no warning,” the study claims.

X-posting this, because how bad the situation is.

Volcott
Mar 30, 2010

People paying American dollars to let other people know they didn't agree with someone's position on something is the lifeblood of these forums.

Hooded Reptile posted:

If the underground fire at the Bridgeton landfill reaches nuclear waste in the nearby West Lake landfill, St. Louis County emergency planners say they’re ready.

County Executive Steve Stenger has released to KMOX a plan drafted in October of 2014, which aims “to save lives in the event of a catastrophic event at the West Lake landfill.”

The 11-page document warns “there is a potential for radioactive fallout to be released in the smoke plume and spread throughout the region.”

Cities in the potential path of radioactive fallout are listed: Bridgeton, Hazelwood, Maryland Heights, the village of Champ and the city of St. Charles.

“This event will most likely occur with little or no warning,” the study claims.

X-posting this, because how bad the situation is.

Sounds like they're aware there's a potential for things to go south, and they're making sure there's a plan to address it should it actually happen.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nuclear_meltdown#China_Syndrome

Armyman25
Sep 6, 2005
An excellent lecture by a professor at Berkely, he specifically talks about how the China Syndrome is bunk.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5BHdsjo-NR4

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

Kro-Bar posted:

Oklahoma finally removed the Ten Commandments monument from the Capitol Grounds last night.

SODOMY IS YOUR GOD NOW

Volcott
Mar 30, 2010

People paying American dollars to let other people know they didn't agree with someone's position on something is the lifeblood of these forums.

Armyman25 posted:

An excellent lecture by a professor at Berkely, he specifically talks about how the China Syndrome is bunk.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5BHdsjo-NR4

Yes, it's complete nonsense. Unfortunately, it had an enormous effect on the average American's thoughts on nuclear power.

Thanks Jane Fonda. Ya dingus.

Volcott fucked around with this message at 14:38 on Oct 28, 2015

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

Picnic Princess posted:

SODOMY IS YOUR GOD NOW

Always has been.

Helen Highwater
Feb 19, 2014

And furthermore
Grimey Drawer
Refugee Crisis is Top Priority

Rude Dude With Tude
Apr 19, 2007

Your President approves this text.

could've phrased that better.

wayfinder
Jul 7, 2003
Learn Korean (in the North)

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

Mr Ice Cream Glove fucked around with this message at 13:44 on Oct 7, 2015

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012

Amazing

Killstick
Jan 17, 2010

This stuff'll make you a sexual tyrannosaurus!

Volcott
Mar 30, 2010

Here is jokes.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l6t9g5p094g

Volcott fucked around with this message at 14:38 on Oct 28, 2015

Knot My President!
Jan 10, 2005

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

quote:

Gun store offering discount for Christians

KINGSTON, Tenn. (WVLT) -- In the market for a gun? An East Tennessee store is offering a deal, as long as you're a Christian. The owner of Frontier Firearms says the mass shooting in Oregon prompted the sale.

"If Christians are going to be targeted, we need to protect ourselves," said Brant Williams, Owner of Frontier Firearms. "The best way to protect yourself is with the best weapon available, and that happens to be a handgun."

Gun store owner Brant Williams is taking a state leader's suggestion. Last week after the tragic shootings in Oregon, Lt. Governor Ron Ramsey encouraged Christians who are serious about their faith to think about getting a handgun carry permit.

"Ron Ramsey had a good point," said Williams. "Christians need to arm up."

He's offering 5% off any new handgun if you say you're a Christian.

"I don't think it's a matter or proving or disapproving," said Williams. "It's a matter of saying the words 'I'm a Christian' and you get the discount."

Williams said this is important because people are targeted for their beliefs. he doesn't want to hide his faith.

"We can stand up and not worry about being shot for our beliefs, or maybe we can stand up and shoot back," said Williams.

Cameron Brooks is the Chairman of the Knox County Democratic Party.

"Anyone who is not Christian and in our society is excluded," said Brooks. "I think that's wrong. It turns people away from Christianity."

He supports the Second Amendment, but doesn't think guns are the answer.

"It's not about owning a gun and retaliation and promoting more violence in our society," said Brooks. "It's about promoting peace."

"I'd like to let Christians know there are businesses out there, even though the law likes to silence us and those that oppose us like to silence us, but we won't be silenced," said Williams.

http://www.local8now.com/home/headlines/Gun-store-offering-discount-for-Christians-330973992.html?device=phone&c=y

exmarx
Feb 18, 2012

The experience over the years
of nothing getting better
only worse.

Wheeee
Mar 11, 2001

When a tree grows, it is soft and pliable. But when it's dry and hard, it dies.

Hardness and strength are death's companions. Flexibility and softness are the embodiment of life.

That which has become hard shall not triumph.

Trigger warning:

Wrestlepig
Feb 25, 2011

my mum says im cool

Toilet Rascal

im gay
Jul 20, 2013

by Lowtax

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

exmarx
Feb 18, 2012

The experience over the years
of nothing getting better
only worse.

Ebola

Dr. Killjoy
Oct 9, 2012

:thunk::mason::brainworms::tinfoil::thunkher:

Given that zombie/vampire fads lead to inevitably contrarian films (Warm Bodies being a film that subverts the basic inhumanity of zombie films/any vampire slaying film that includes a hackneyed Twilight joke) I can't wait until a remake of The Witchfinder General with him as the hero.

HUGE PUBES A PLUS
Apr 30, 2005

ozza
Oct 23, 2008

Let's hope it goes better than that prick's last endorsement

7c Nickel
Apr 27, 2008

“I want to live a safe and clean life, have a gourmet meal, go out freely, wear pretty things and luxuriate. I want to live my life the way I want without a care in the world — all at the expense of someone else. I have an idea. Why don’t I become a refugee?”

WarpedNaba
Feb 8, 2012

Being social makes me swell!
Like Japan has ever had an immigration problem. Torajin and Yamato don't count, lads.

WarpedNaba fucked around with this message at 10:58 on Oct 8, 2015

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
Yeah, but they still have a racial superiority problem.

treasured8elief
Jul 25, 2011

Salad Prong

rope kid
Feb 3, 2001

Warte nur! Balde
Ruhest du auch.

There's virtually no continuity between whatever religion this person practices and the practices of European Christians with syncretized pagan beliefs. And in later centuries of the European witch hunts, many of the people being killed had pretty standard European Christian beliefs and practices. They just had the misfortune of being indicted by other people under torture.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

rope kid posted:

There's virtually no continuity between whatever religion this person practices and the practices of European Christians with syncretized pagan beliefs.
The inventor of Wicca basically took old Catholic rituals and stripped the Jesus bit out of them, then added a bunch of pseudodruidic stuff that he thought sounded good and would surround him with naked ladies.

Then again the early Catholic church may have created some of their ritual from taking European Paganism and adding the Jesus bit, so there is some (speculative) continuity.

It's probably still more accurate than what artists thought went on there :v:

rope kid
Feb 3, 2001

Warte nur! Balde
Ruhest du auch.

Guavanaut posted:

The inventor of Wicca basically took old Catholic rituals and stripped the Jesus bit out of them, then added a bunch of pseudodruidic stuff that he thought sounded good and would surround him with naked ladies.

Then again the early Catholic church may have created some of their ritual from taking European Paganism and adding the Jesus bit, so there is some (speculative) continuity.

Yeah, that's why I wouldn't say there are no "pagan" (which is such a broad descriptor anyway) aspects to medieval/early Renaissance Christianity, but the *~ Burning Tymes ~* account of history, in which decidedly pagan women were specifically and solely targeted by inquisitors, is largely a myth. Especially in the late witch hunts, the victims were neither particularly pagan (which wasn't what inquisitors were looking for at that point, anyway), nor were they the Actual Baby-Eating rear end-Kissers of Satan that books like the Malleus Maleficarum and De la démonomanie des sorciers defined them as.

Rent-A-Cop
Oct 15, 2004

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

odiv
Jan 12, 2003

hmmm

C.M. Kruger
Oct 28, 2013

7c Nickel posted:

“I want to live a safe and clean life, have a gourmet meal, go out freely, wear pretty things and luxuriate. I want to live my life the way I want without a care in the world — all at the expense of someone else. I have an idea. Why don’t I become a refugee?”

You'd think the Japanese would be maybe a bit considerate towards war refugees.

Proust Malone
Apr 4, 2008

C.M. Kruger posted:

You'd think the Japanese would be maybe a bit considerate towards war refugees.

You'd think.

The Dark One
Aug 19, 2005

I'm your friend and I'm not going to just stand by and let you do this!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Panty Saluter
Jan 17, 2004

Making learning fun!

If there is a more satisfying thing than the impotent rage of goonlords I don't know what it is.

Panty Saluter fucked around with this message at 03:21 on Oct 9, 2015

• Locked thread